From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neirin AKA Brian McNeilly

Go down

Neirin AKA Brian McNeilly Empty Neirin AKA Brian McNeilly

Post  Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:19 am

Neirin is played by Brian McNeilly (43).

I’ve been roleplaying since the late 70s, beginning with the first edition of Dungeons and Dragons (I still have those little brown books). I’ve played lots of different games through the years, primarily Rolemaster in the 80s and 90s. I was first introduced to Hârn when Columbia Games offered the basic HârnWorld module for free in 1997, and I have now almost completed my collection of everything Hârnic. I currently don’t have a regular Hârn game that I participate in, but I run numerous demos at local game days and conventions, and I have organized two HârnCons here in Vancouver, the first one back in 2003 and the latest one in the fall of 2008. At the first HârnCon I met NRC, and had the privilege of playing in his home campaign for a number of years.

My home group includes three other players, and we have been playing mainly sci-fi games for quite a while now. I ran a Fading Suns campaign that lasted for years, and currently I am running a Serenity campaign for the group. Recently, one of the players ran a couple of sessions of Dark Heresy which was a nice break from GMing for me. In addition to those games, I also participate regularly as an online player in forum-based Lord of the Rings and Star Wars games.

In “real” life I am a QA Analyst with a company that makes GPS solutions for fleet and asset management, and lone worker safety applications. I’m married and have a couple of kids who I’m thinking about introducing to roleplaying in the near future. The new “Mouse Guard” RPG looks excellent and is geared towards a younger audience so I think I’ll give that a try.

I'm really looking forward participating here on the forum, as these days I rarely get a chance to be a player in a Hârn game. Thanks Neil for putting this together!

Cheers,
Brian

Back to top Go down