9 Nuzyael 720

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

9 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:50 pm

You catch a sound of someone approaching and you are both quickly awake, you take stock of your surroundings and remember that you have spent the night in the stable within the thran of Genij. The darkness around you and your exersions yesterday have meant you to sleep longer than you would have liked.

You quickly pack your belongings and make your way outside, the day is cool, a breeze blows from the north west, there are few clouds in the sky and the sun shines brightly in eastern sky.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Yesterday was a long day, but Kugald is refreshed and ready to strike out again.

He packs up his belongings. While he is doing so, he asks Thorin, "What do you think? Should we continue to head south towards Isenwich? Or, should we head back to Milnheim?"

"We have ridden hard and we should have caught up to him, especially if, as I have assumed, he is taking the time to go around the villages instead of through them. If he wasn't going around the villages, we should have heard tell of him."

"Another possibility is that he has found a boat and is sailing up river to Isenwich. If so, we will never catch him along the road and it would explain why no one has seen him."

"I am also wondering if this is a bit of a wild goose chase. Perhaps Reike went to Milnheim, dropped off a message to some contact, and then turned around and went back to his clan. If he was planning a revolt or some mischief while the Daas was gone, then that would be the logical place for him to go back to."

"Genij is a choke point. There is little but forest around it. I am doubtful he slipped past. I don't think he came this way."

"We should go back to Milnheim and from there, head cross-country back to Rojanstad. Perhaps one of the hunters can pick up his trail."

"What do you think, Thorin?"

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:31 am

"I agree Kugald, we should return to Milnheim.'

I am feeling that we are chasing shadows, and worry what may be happening in our absence."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:54 pm

With Thorin's agreement, they thank their kind hosts and saddle up their horses.

They begin the ride back to Burnstad and then Milnheim. They take their time, watching out for any sign that Reike has come this way and looking to meet their friends on the road.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:02 am

You ride your horses at an easy pace through the woods. The day is not as warm as it was yesterday and there are a few more clouds in the sky today.

This adds a bit more gloom to the already shadowed forest.

By mid morning you have reached the thran of Burnstad. It looks as it did yesterday. The fishing fleet have already put to sea for the day by the time you arrive.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:52 am

Kugald and Thorin ask if anyone has seen the rest of the party.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:25 am

After spending some time asking around no one has seen any one matching the description you have given. It would seem that the rest of the warband did not make it to Burnstad.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Kugald raises an eyebrow in surprise and concern, but says nothing to the villagers.

"Come Thorin, we should be off." The two remount their horses and head for Milnheim with some additional urgency. Despite his concern, Kugald makes a point of looking for any signs along the road.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:37 am

You mount your horses (in the nicest possible way, of course Embarassed ) and spur them on towards Milnheim. Slowing your pace on occassion to check for any sign of the other members of the warband passing this way. Unfortunately there is no sign.

By mid morning you have arrived at the crest of a rise you seen the thran of Milnheim below, several hunderd yards ahead. From your vantage point all seems calm and normal.

The fishing fleet has taken a more northerly fishing ground today. Something grabs your attention as out of the ordinary a vessel is cutting it's way towards Trond on the other side of the river. It has nearly made port and should do so in a few minutes.


Last edited by GM on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Detail added by GM based on Awarness checks)
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:11 am

Thorin and Kugald ride cautiously forward into the village, on the lookout for the other party members, Reike or anything unusual.

When they reach the meadhall, Kugald dismounts, throwing the reins to Thorin.

"Stay ready to ride and keep watch, something doesn't feel right."

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:04 am

Kugald remounts his horse. "Someone is crossing to Trond. We should go find out who."

The pair ride down to the harbor and ask around to find out who went over to Trond and why.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:20 am

All you are able to find out was the the Valhakar of clan Miln and an entourage left obvioulsy going to Trond no one is able to tell you on what business though.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:00 am

Kugald asks the man if there was a stranger, matching Reike's description, travelling with the Valhakar?

Afterwards, he asks him if he has seen the other members of their warband and if they have traveled to Trond too?

TTYL

- Kery
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:10 am

No the Valhakar of clan Gerherbt was not among those travelling but there was one of your warband that was in the group - he is not sure which one though
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:10 pm

Kugald looks over at Thorin, "Sounds like Hovik...."

"So, where is everyone else?"

"Excuse me sir," addressing the man they have been speaking to on the docks, "have you seen any other members of our group? Did they leave the village? If so, which way did they go?"

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:42 pm

The man is unsure of who you speak so you describe the other members of your warband, he pauses for a moment and says "I have not seen the other members of your group at all today..." he returns to his work giving you a casual glance as you stand near him...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:56 am

Kugald and Thorin go back to the mead hall to inquire after their friends.

They order food and drink and ask the innkeeper, "We were here yesterday with our friends. Have you seen them today? Could you tell us where they went?"

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:28 am

The reply is the same as for the docks, none of the staff of the meadhall have had any sightings of any your companions this morning...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Kugald munches quietly away on his meal and drinks his ale. He is surprisingly quiet and reflective. He turns to Thorin, "So my friend, it appears this debacle has gotten worse...if that is even possible. Now we have lost not just Reike, but the rest of the party as well. I would welcome some suggestions."

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:54 pm

"Kugald, lets retrace their steps, and revisit their instructions."
"It is possible they were abducted, but where, when and by whom, we cannot know."

"Perhaps there is a more sinister plot afoot than we were initially aware!"

"Too bad the Oracle of Lokis isnt closer....we could ask the blind women!"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:13 am

Perhaps it is US who is lost and everyone else is where they should be?

Since we have run out of leads, Kugald, I would suggest that we return to Ygesdram. Thats is afterall where we started.

Like you, I dont like to return to the Thran empty handed, but I see no leads, and nothing has struck me as peculiar or suspicious. If Reike is on to us and has nabbed the others, perhaps he will strike at us as well.....
Shall we lure them in by "appearing" to be vulnerable, sleep on the road and not post a watch?

If only we had a wheelbarrow.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:40 am

Kugald takes a large gulp of ale.

"Well, they were supposed to follow us to Burnstad. There is only one road, so it is doubtful they got lost."

"I agree, we need to return to Daaslund, but perhaps not to Ygesdram right away. I think we should retrace our steps to Upsala and then to Rojanstad. We heard that the men of Clan Gerherbt were massing. Perhaps, we can find news from Madrin. Also, Reike may have delivered his message here and returned home. Depending on what we find, we can decide what to do."

"I do hope we haven't lost the whole party. However, I have decided to make a new rule. When we do finally find everyone again, the next time Hovik suggests we split up, I am going to pick him up and throw him in the nearest pond."

Kugald wipes up the last of the stew with a hunk of bread, pays the man and then he and Thorin return to their horses to ride back to Upsala.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:55 am

Grinning widely, Thorin swallows the last of his ale, wraps his cloak over his shoulders, and with a last wistful glance at the innkeepers twin daughters, follows Kugald back to the horses.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:01 am

Taking to your horses you set off north towards Upsala. They day is still cool with only a slight breeze gusting in from the north west, the mostly cloud filled sky hides the sun from view as you continue north.

The journey is easy and made at a comfortable pace.

Nearing Upsala, you crest a small rise and with the thran of Upsala in view you can see a group of 5 men walking north as well. They are armed and armoured but with shields carried over shoulders, all are on foot. As you near this group you are able to identify this group as the other members of your warband less Hovik.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:15 am

"Hail friends!" Kugald calls out as they ride up.

"What has happened? You were supposed to follow us to Burnstad." He looks around, "and, where is Hovik?"

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Nuzyael 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum