From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 Nuzyeal 720

+2
Barak Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

15 Nuzyeal 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 15 Nuzyeal 720

Post  Guest Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:05 pm

You walk up to hear the tail-end of a rally. Perhaps you've heard the like before; perhaps you haven't. Regardless of your personal experience, it seems to have anywhere from marginal to significant effects on the warriors around the priest.

"... What matters now is merely how we meet the fate before us, and if you meet it -- not like the brigands who have sacked Froyby and who now lay seige to Froyaheim -- but with honor, valor, and prowess in arms, then there is no other possible path for you but victory: Victory over the fallen in the field of battle, or victory as you attend festivities in the Hall of our Lord! So I say to you all, fear not the sins of the past. If you have the time, send word -- in whatever form you may -- to king and kin, and make right whatever wrongs you might have done. From this moment forth, live according to the Ljarl, and receive either the blessings of Sarajin on the field of war, or his coveted invitation to join him."

As the brawny warrior introduces himself as Kuglad, Vidar meets his eyes. Vidar gives him an unsettling stare. His eyes are wide and piercing. Some appear to shift nervously after the stare continues for several seconds after Kugald introduces himself. Just as it starts to feel awkward and uncomfortable, Vidar's face contracts -- the only sign that his mouth is smiling behind the thick overgrowth of facial hair.

"A Daas. Well, I must say, a friend of Storzar is certainly a friend of mine. What role do you play, warrior? Are you marching forth with the rest of us, or are you staying to defend Ygesdran?"

Only now does Vidar look around to the rest of you.

OOC: Does anyone have any description of yourself outside of your Character Sheet? Anyone sporting any injuries, bandages, or anything else out of the ordinary?

IC: "Vidar of the Orbaason. I come from Vulenheim through Froyaheim, and as you can imagine, things are not well."

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:00 am

Algared listen's to Vidar's words, and hears his mothers oft used phrase; "Do the best you can". Algared smiles appreciatively, knowing the priest's words bring comfort and encouragement. Once Kugald has introduced himself and Vidar has responded Algared adds,

"Well met friend, I am Algared Daas and all who are here in Ygesdram fight the invader, whether defending or marching forth. My cousin," Algared indicats his older cousin, Kugald, "and I will be marching with the host. "

Algared meets Vidar's gaze as he looks at the priests attire. Is he a warrior marching to war or or someone who'll preach so others will fight. Algared ponders.

Algared begins to reach forth to offer his hand in friendship then switches hands quickly so that both he and the priest may grip the others hand firmly.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:28 am

"ANOTHER Daas, eh? Well met indeed, Algared!" A glance at the initial proferred hand. "Off-handed?" with a smirk.

"You look at me quizically, Algared," say Vidar, fixing his wide-eyed stare into Algared's eyes. "I'm no mind-reader. Have you any questions for me? For I too march out with the host, and I look forward to swinging my axe alongside my Daas allies."

Without removing his eyes yet from Algared's, "And who is this other with you? A third Daas perhaps?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:48 am

OOC: I don't know if Vidar is addressing anyone in particular or who all is around. When there is an opening the conversation, Borygg will speak.

IC: I am no Daas but I am honored to call these Daas (gesturing at Algared and Kugald) my friends. Your clan is Orbaason, you say. I take it you are kinsman to Bjarri Orbaason, the priest here in Ygesdram?
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:58 am

"I have not seen Bjarri since I was a pup! But aye, I know good Bjarri. Kinsman of mine indeed. Your name? How do you know him? Are you from here or, like me, have you traveled to answer the call to arms?"

After introductions...

"Let us eat, brave souls, and exchange tales! Mine, I'm sorry to say, will be nothing but personal challenges from my youth, but you wolves seem like you've been a-hunting lately. Let's hear it!"

OOC: Feel free to use the occasion to get Vidar up to speed on what has all transpired.

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:14 am

Vidar Orbaason wrote:"I have not seen Bjarri since I was a pup! But aye, I know good Bjarri. Kinsman of mine indeed. Your name? How do you know him? Are you from here or, like me, have you traveled to answer the call to arms?"
My name is Borygg Raal. My clan is from Myna but for the past few years I have been working as a trader for Lunt Storzar, a mercantyler in Froyaheim. When Lunt sent me to Ygesdram, I carried messages to Bjarri from his kinsmen in Froyaheim. When Bjarri found I had no kin or friends in Ygesdram, he offered me shelter in his hall. Lately, I have fallen in with Kugald here and his band, so I will fight at their side.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Vidar Orbaason wrote:"ANOTHER Daas, eh? Well met indeed, Algared!" A glance at the initial proferred hand. "Off-handed?" with a smirk.

"You look at me quizically, Algared," say Vidar, fixing his wide-eyed stare into Algared's eyes. "I'm no mind-reader. Have you any questions for me? For I too march out with the host, and I look forward to swinging my axe alongside my Daas allies."

Without removing his eyes yet from Algared's, "And who is this other with you? A third Daas perhaps?"

"A third Daas there is indeed but he has gone ahead of us to the mead hall, as well as three more, Borryg, Jurri and Thorin. And I am sure you've more news to tell."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:38 pm

"The meadhall, you say? Well, men, what are we doing dithering out here in the cold when there's DRINKING to be done! If you'll have my company for the evening, that is..."

"These four here accompanied me on my trip from Froyaheim, provided by the Storzar. Aeirik, Ljot, Broddi, and Niddik. The trip was uneventful, to say the least. Nevertheless, with what we saw as we sailed away from the thran, we will soon be locked in the penultimate competition!"

OOC: I'm leaving clan names up to the GM. Vidar would know them; I have no idea outside of Storzar who would be in Froyaheim. rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:44 pm

[OoC: So do you guys make it to the meadhall? I might even be sufficiently flush to buy you all one last drink ;-) ]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:57 pm

OOC: Unless there're any specific roleplaying items we need to go over, I'd say put us at the meadhall, and give me a summary of what you guys have been up to.

Vidar informs you all that upon his arrival to Froyaheim from Vulenheim, he saw several camps of the enemy being struck. By the time he left, he was able to witness the town being surrounded by presumably Ibanvaal invaders. The battle had not actively commenced yet, but it's a safe bet that it's going on now.

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:38 pm

With that your group heads off towards the meadhall.

By the time you arrive there is standing room only outside, the hall is packed with last minute revellers. Jabor and his staff are working hard just trying to keep up with the demand from these thirsty men. Barak is dismissed from any duty here tonight, he is told "You march to battle on the morrow, I will let you enjoy this last moment by sharing the company of your friends and lining my pocket with your silver!" the last comments is quickly followed by a wink and smile.

You spend a few hours outside the meadhall, before you begin to notice that the crowd has diminished enough for you to find a table for your band inside, from there you can continue your conversation.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:52 pm

When his recent companions turn up, Barak will join them for a while. He may never be returning to Ygresdram.

When he is introduced to the stranger, and tries to place his face - he is sure he has seen his face before "Well met Vidar, I am Barak, a hunter, but now seemingly a warrior." He'll presume that Vidar is here to fight - everyone is "So what group are you with? Are you staying here, guarding the coastal route, or marching to Froyaheim?"

When asked what he has been up to, he'll reply: "The last few days, I have been mucking about with a spear and shield between hunting trips. They have been good, I caught a mountain goat in the foothills, and a deer in Ygresdram. Can you believe it a red deer, here?" he pauses, then continues "Before that I was trudging round southern Daaslund, before being arrested in Tejaalund, after an errant Valhakar who ran circles rounds us - probably litterally. The others have probably already told you about it. I joined their warband late after the bird had already flown."

[OoC: As you asked about things out of the ordinary earlier, Barak will be wearing his silver Anhu broach and bronze Anhu & Dhivu belt buckle tonight. Most would not think they were unusual, but a priest of Sarajin might note them.]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:14 am

Vidar Orbaason wrote:"Vidar of the Orbaason. I come from Vulenheim through Froyaheim, and as you can imagine, things are not well."

As soon as the opportunity presents itself, Jurri will have introduced himself as well.

"I am Jurri, a skald in the employ of Cunate Daas, and friend to your kinsman Torvald. I, too, am eager to hear your tales."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:14 am

So it goes for the rest of the night, you each share stories about what has brought you to this point while sharing an ale or two.

It is about 1/2 after dark when you are 'kicked out' of the meadhall and reminded that you have an early start the next morning. So collecting your belongings together you each make your seperate way to your accomodation. Vidar follow Borygg to the temple of Sarajin where Bjarri offers you shelter for the night.

Vidar and Bjarri spend some time in conversation discussing family, news and other points of interest before they retire for the night.

Last edited by GM on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:05 am

When the band are finally seated within the meadhall, Algared asks 'So Vidar, tell us your story, you said you are from Vulenheim, what can you tell us. of the world outside Daaslund of late. It has been several months now since I returned home?"

Algared listens to Vidar's story and buys a round of drinks for each of the band and Vidar whilst he tells his background.

"Our band is lead by Kugald, and we have had a scrap or two with the Ibanvaal already, having captured several in skirmish. Our band was fortunate not to suffer injury, though some of the Nivik Waverider were not so lucky.

After that we were tasked with bringing a valhaker who paide tribute to the Daas to the judgement seat. However things went wrong and the Valhaker fled we endeavoured to follw, picking up Barak, Borryg and Erdrick here to assist in the tracking. Unfortunately rains washed any hope away. Finally he heard the Valhaker had fled to Tejaalund, and we persued. In our eagerness we failed to show courtesy to one of the thran Valhaker's and one of our number was managed to insult the local jarl in his own greathall. As a result we were held over then expelled from Tejaalund, but they had made no effort to muster and seemed willing to help open the gate for the Ibanvaal invaders.

Finally returning here we were dismissed prepared for the muster which I believe brings us to the present."

Algared echoes Jurri's comment about whom Vidar marches with and adds 'if you lack marching companioas you are more than welcome to march with us," he laughs "and share the watch."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2