22 Nuzyael 720

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:08 am

"We should move soon cousin, the longer we linger the more the chance we are discovered. It seems from here both clan houses are likely the same distance from the gate. Should we also cover the back entrance of which ever clan house we approach?"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:08 am

Kugald's ears perk up. He holds up his hand for silence....

"Did anyone else here that? It sounds like someone just beat us to the target."

"Could anyone tell which house the sound came from?"

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:10 am

Kugald Daas wrote:Kugald's ears perk up. He holds up his hand for silence....

"Did anyone else here that? It sounds like someone just beat us to the target."
Algared cocks his ear but cannot tell where the sounds come from.

Kugald wrote:"Could anyone tell which house the sound came from?"

It was probably just Thaldirs warband gaining entry to their objective.


Last edited by Algared on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:13 am

Kugald tries to personally assess the direction the sound came from.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:14 am

Barak stage whispers to Kugald, "Come on, lets go for it, before someone spots us looking like plums. That noise was just Thaldris beating us to the forced entry".

[OoC: I would have said "looking like lemons" but I doubt they would be known in Ivinia, though dried oranges and lemons were known in medieval England, so who knows]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:17 am

Kugald looks at Barak and nods.

"Right...keep it simple."

"OK, let's move. We sneak across to the far clan house. Barak, you have the lead."

"Everyone else, follow in single file. Move as quietly as you can."

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:45 am

Barak leads off...

[OoC: So as not to stall the game, Kerry can play Barak for the next few hours ;-) ]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:04 am

The band of warriors moves single file towards the further house with the candle in the window in the following order:

Barak
Borygg
Kugald
Algared
Vidar
Thorin
Jurri
Erdrick

Everyone is trying to be as quiet as possible.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:16 am

Algared moves off following kugald towards the clan house, it feels as if every breath he takes is like the rasping grating of metal over stone, his steps like the punding of a drum, to his ears every sound he makes is magnified and shouts aloud to any guards Here I am!. Algared hopes that it is merely his imagination and his attempts at moving silently are not as woeful as they seem to him. He moves forward as quietly as he can, stopping when Kugald signals to stop or when they reach their intended target.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:28 am

The sound of the scuffle came from the direction that Thaldirs headed off into.

You head off towards the clanhouse with but a single light. Each of you moving as quietly as possible but each of you thinking that your group sounds like a meadhall during Bjarri's feast (Ivinian festival).

Making your way through the thran you make it to the door way of the clanhouse without incident...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:45 am

At the edge of the house, Kugald points silently to Barak, Borygg, Algared and himself...and then to the front door. He points to Vidar, Thorin, Jurri and Erdrick...and then to the back door.

When the four men reach the front door, Kugald points to Barak, then the front door and then makes a knocking motion.

Kugald holds his spear pointing towards the door and waits for Barak to act.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:50 am

Borygg steps back a bit to give Barak and Kugald room at the door. He will also be looking around to see if there is any indication that they have been spotted. He'll have his spear and shield ready.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:53 am

Barak raps at the door and steps back a little to give himself and his companions some room should they need it.

There is a nervous wait as just after the knock they here movement inside the clanhouse.

When the door opens the warband is confronted by the silhoutte of a male it is hard to judge the age of the man at this moment.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:02 am

Jurri takes up position to the left of the back door, leaving space for Thorin and the others as needed.
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:35 am

Kugald gestures with the point of the spear and snarls in a harsh whisper, "Silence if you want to live."

He gestures for Barak and Borygg to move into the clan house.

He and Algared follow them once the door is clear.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:43 am

The man back into his clanhouse slowly, his arms raised shoulder height. He looks at you bewildered by your actions. His gaze moving from one to the other his mind trying to recognise any of you.

As he enters the clanhouse the light catches his features, he is a man in his mid thirties perhaps, well built with a medium frame, average height, his brown eyes and blonde hair show off his average appearance.

Sitting at a table is a woman about the same age as the male, she stands as you gain entry to the clanhouse, she remains silent when you enter.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:05 am

Once the remainder of the warband have entered the clanhouse Algared says, "We hope you'll forgive the intrusion, but we need your clanhouse. We intend to retake the Thran from the cowardly Ibanvaal dogs for the Storza and the Daas. Your co-operation is appreciated. Please take a seat."

Algared watches as the man sits next to the woman.

"Is there anyone else here?" Algared asks.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:09 am

The couple looks bewildered, "No" the man stammers.

"Who are you?" the man asks while the woman looks on confused "What are you doing here, we have nothing of value to take?" she adds
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:12 am

Whilst Algarad and Kugald are busy with the couple, and the rest of the warband file in to the house, Barak starts to check out the house. With shield and spear ready he starts to circle the house clockwise starting on his left. He is expecting to find sleeping children - if he does he'll leave them undisturbed.

[OoC: Is this a typical single room Ivinian long house?]

As Erdrick enters he'll tell him to "Secure that door."

[OoC: I presume, with the slight change in plan, either Barak was carrying his equipment, or someone else brought it in to the house for him.]


Last edited by Barak Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed reply to couple)
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:59 am

GM wrote:The couple looks bewildered, "No" the man stammers.

"Who are you?" the man asks while the woman looks on confused "What are you doing here, we have nothing of value to take?" she adds

As Barak searches, Algared answers the couple. "Good lady, we do not seek anything that you have all we ask is you do not hinder us in our purpose, as to who I am I am Algared Daas. And as I said we apologise for the intrusion and the manner of our meeting. Pleae allow me to formally introduce the leader of our warband, Kugald Daas."

Algared then motions towards Kugald letting him add to what has been said already and ask the couple further questions.

Once barak has completed his search and the doors are secured Algared will relax his stance. He will wait the ordering of the watch, but tonight will be warmer and drier than they have been in the last tenday.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:19 am

"Oh I don't know about not wanting anything you have" says Barak "I could murder some hot food." he says pointing to the pot hanging over the dying fire in the hearth.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Once the clan house is secure, Kugald lowers his spear, places it and his shield by the door and removes his half-helm. He shakes out his hair, running his right hand through it a few times.

"I must apologize for the dramatic nature of our entry. As my fine cousin has said, my name is Kugald, of Clan Daas from Ygesdram. We are part of a larger army. Tomorrow, we attack the thranhold to drive out the invading Ibanvaalese from Menglana. Tonight, all we need is shelter. If you remain quiet and do as we say, no harm will come to you or your lovely wife. You have my word, by my Ljarl."

Barak wrote:
"I could murder some hot food."

He gestures towards Barak with his half-helm. "This is another of my cousins, Barak. He is right, we have marched long and difficult paths to arrive here unseen. We consumed the last of our rations this morning. If we might imposed on you hospitality a little more," Kugald shakes his money purse, "I would be happy to pay you for the food."

Kugald steps forward towards the bench next to the trestle table. "May I," he says, looking at the bench.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:34 pm

"I would take his offer of coin." says Barak "I doubt the rest of the host will be so generous. They may be good, honourable, men; but they are hungry, good, honourable men, who have walked for days on cold tack in order to free this thran."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:07 pm

They both watch Barak as he searches the clanhouse, a three room building, the largest, the room you are in is the living area, the second largest is a stabling area for the families beasts and the third smaller area curtained off from the living area is a bedroom.

The living area is lit by a single lantern, which casts its light around most of the room, the area towards the stables is partly in shadows. The clanhouse furnishings are spars to say the least. In your look around you spy no armour and the best weapon you can find is a knife set near the cooking pot. There is not even a shield.

They watch all of you cautiously, as you make yourselves at home.

The woman nods her head towards the pot, "go ahead, you are our guests" she bites back, she adds "What use it coin, your companions tomorrow will only relieve us of them anyway" both the man and the woman remain uncertain about the current situation.

The man snorts and says "free this thran, Jarlak's droppings" he then takes a seat next to his wife.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:24 am

[OoC: Did Barak find any windows big enough to climb out of? How secure is their bedroom (walls, roof, windows, doors etc]]


Last edited by Barak Daas on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Nuzyael 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum