24 Nuzyael 720

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:47 am

Borygg can see that there are a few opponents exposed at the right end of their line (to his left). He will loose a few arrows at them, taking care not to shoot too closely to his own men. Between arrows, he'll say to Barak, "Kugald said to follow your orders. What should we do?"

Borygg sensing an opportunity fires an arrow at one of the enemy warriors at the end of the line, the warriors fails to see Borygg and the arrow flies straight and true catching him in the left shoulder, the man drops to the ground instantly
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:20 am

Algared attempts to block any attacks and thrusts with his spear at his opponents torso (middle) when an opening presents itself.

The enemy warrior stabs at Algared with his spear the attack is wild and is easily avoided, allowing Algared an opening to thrust with his spear but Algared's opponent is equal to the task deflecting the spear harmlessly away. Thrusting with his spear Algared attempts to stab at his opponent but again the enemy warrior is able to aviod the attack
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:49 am

Barak sees there is little opportunity for continued archery and that they need to move closer to the action.

"Put you bows away and grab your spears, we're moving out."

Barak does just that. With spear once more in his right hand he look around for there best opportunity.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Jurri Grebel wrote:Jurri's opponent is able to block the thrust to his opponents face there is the sounds of wood cracking as your spear strikes his shield. Your opponent thrusts back with his spear, he is able to beat your defences and he lands a strike against your skull, there is a searing pain as sweat mixes with the wound.

Ouch! Jurri clenches his teeth and tries to focus on the bigger problem. He'll try to determine if the sound of breaking wood was his spear or his opponent's shield. He'll stab again to take advantage of it.

Noting that he's flanked by Kugald, who is apparently also having a rough time of it, Jurri asks: "So, when does this get fun?"

Taking a quick glance it appears that your spear is ok.... Stabbing with your spear you find a way through your opponent defences your spear bites deep into the mans belly. Withdrawing your spear your opponent falls to the ground unconcious
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Kugald winces slightly from the minor wound to his hip.

Sensing his opponent is slightly off balance and unable to take advantage of his retreat, Kugald steps back, allowing one of the men from the second rank to take his place.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Barak Daas wrote:Barak sees there is little opportunity for continued archery and that they need to move closer to the action.

"Put you bows away and grab your spears, we're moving out."

Barak does just that. With spear once more in his right hand he look around for there best opportunity.
Borygg slings his bow over his shoulder and picks up his shield and spear. He points to the right (where the skirmishers are), then to the left (between this melee and the larger one). "Where is the best for us to strike, Barak? Or do we reinforce our comrades in the shieldwall?"
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:12 pm

Vidar cackles in the fray like a madman, eyes ablaze. He rallies to cover Kugald's retreat. (If he gets a moment between foes, he congratulates Kuglad during his retreat for a mighty charge.) Here are the following prayer conditions:

* If Algared seems to be in a bit of a struggle (as Vidar SHOULD have pegged him for more of a scholarly sort than a hand-to-hand sort, yes?), Vidar will conduct a silent prayer to bestow USNARL'S HUG on him.
* If Vidar or any of the immediate warband get in any extraordinary danger (ie, a killing blow is imminent), or if anyone encounters a particularly daunting foe, he'll pray aloud to Bronwyne (PRAYER TO ELKYRI, expend 20 PP) to fill them with her spirit with the next attack/counterattack.

As you charge the enemy line you can see your opponent duck down behind his shield attempting to push you off balance, you drop your weight behind your shield and the two of you collide with a crash of wood on wood, the sound of splintering wood greets your ears. Both you and your opponent are stunned by the blow and are unable to follow up with an attack. But looking up you see your opponent standing with little more than a shield boss as his shield has splintered into small pieces

You immediately launch an attack at this warrior, but he is able to parry your attack with his spear, this warrior then steps back to the rear and his place is taken by another warrior armed with spear and shield

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:42 pm

Borygg Raal wrote:"Where is the best for us to strike, Barak?"
Barak looks around, then says "Our centre looks weak, we will reinforce there. Kelsi is outflanking them with 20 men, so we don't need to help there. Right then, forward at a jog". Barak heads towards to where Jurri is stepping back.

[OoC: Barak has his bow and packs back on his back, with shield in left arm, and spear in right hand.]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:50 pm

Sensing movement to his right Algared calls out in his best 'Daas' Voice. "Steady lads, these Dogs of Ibanvaal have not the skill of Daas Clansmen.". Algared's purpose is to offer encouragment to the line, knowing he is not the most skilled at arms he hopes his shout helps encourage his fellows.

He concentrates on blocking attacks, and thrusts high when an opening presents itself.

The enemy warrior in front of Algared launches his attack with his spear thrusting with the weapon towards his right shoulder, Algared is not able to avoid the blow as the spear point pierces his armour and his flesh, there is a grimace of pain as the spear is withdrawn from your shoulder. Taking a step back you launch your attack your spear strikes your opponents shield and is easily deflected away.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:55 pm

The clash of arms in the centre seems to be ebbing back and forth at this time. Enemy warriors are flanking the left of the line and a charge by several enemy warriors has forced most of the skirmishers to retreat, however, several of Kelsi's skirmishers remain engaged with their opponents.

Observing this fight you realise the lightly armed and armoured skirmishers will not hold the enemy warriors for long, they will be overwhelmed soon.

The enemy is thinning their line to try to outflank your shieldwall, your own warriors are fighting well and their morale seem high at the moment.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:10 am

As Barak jogs forward, he can see enemy warriors beginning to sweep round the flank to his left "This way!" he shouts as he turns to run towards that end of the line to block the flanker's passage. Barak encourages the four skirmishers to keep with the attack "Come on Olgrad, you wouldn't want Helga to see you lagging behind like that..." etc.

[OoC: Assuming the warriors are wheeling round to flank our shield wall, Barak will attempt to charge the last last few feet in to contact. Once in the melee he will thrust with his spear and block with his shield. He won't try counterstriking or take unnecessary risks - as far as he is concerned the warband only have to hold on until Cunate sends reinforcements.]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:04 am

As soon as Kugald is behind another Daas warrior, he drops his damaged spear and then draws his broadsword.

As soon as he can, he will advance to relieve either Jurri or Algared, whomever is in more distress, probably Jurri because he is injured (blow to the skull). Algared seems to be holding his own.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:05 am

As the fight developes you can see your line starting to give in some areas while it is pushing forward in others. Barak and Borygg with their group have arrived to shore up the left flank and will join the combat in the next round.

Jurri is forced from the fight as Kugald shoulders his way through the line to support his companion - broadsword in hand he prepares to engage his opponent.

Kelsi and his skirmishers are being driven from the field by the handful of enemy warriors - at least they are tying them up for now.

Cheering can be heard and a quick glance to your left sees that clan Batheson is driving their opponents from the field as the enemy shieldwall are giving ground now and are being forced up the hill towards the thran.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:12 am

"The Elkyrie are with Batheson, men! May they grace us with their divine valor next!"

As you yell your battle cry, your opponent stabs at you with his spear, the blow is easily blocked by your shield

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:21 am

Grimacing from the minor wound, he snears at the warrior, 'That the best you can do Dog." He continues to block attacks, and thrusts his spear at the warrior body (middle).

"Your the one bleeding" the enemy warrior calls in reply, as he blocks your attack again, in reply his spear stabs back at you. His attack misses as you hide behind your shield


Last edited by Algared on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:07 am

GM wrote:Jurri is forced from the fight as Kugald shoulders his way through the line to support his companion - broadsword in hand he prepares to engage his opponent.

Jurri will nod thanks to Kugald and pause long enough to pull one of his bandages out (several are tucked into his belt) and press (or tie) it against the skull wound.
(OOC: I'm guessing his half-helm is penetrated, so he'll remove it, press the bandage down on the wound, then replace the helm unless it's ruined. For now, he's just looking to keep the blood from getting in his eyes.)

As soon as that's done, he'll look for the best place to weigh back in. If any gaps have formed in our line, or anyone is in peril, he'll move to assist. If not, he'll circle around to the nearest flank and gang up on an enemy there.
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:15 am

While running up to the flank of the shieldwall, Borygg mutters a quick prayer to Sarajin. As he closes with the enemy, the pre-combat fears he always has seem to lessen and he wields his spear with confidence.

As you leap into the fray, your spear stabs out towards your opponent, the enemy warrior tries in vain to block with his shield but your spear bites deep into his belly. He falls to the ground unconcious taking your spear with him the spear point piercing all the way through and has exited his back. His companions steps forward to take his place
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:05 pm

GM wrote:"Your the one bleeding" the enemy warrior calls in reply, as he blocks your attack again, in reply his spear stabs back at you. His attack misses as you hide behind your shield

"Hear the chanting and cheering, your clansmen are fleeing and I'm still here.' Algared scoffs at his attacker, 'Bleeding, this is but a scratch."

Algared attempts to block the attacks, striking when he seems to have the advantage aiming merely to keep his foe occupied, knowing all he has to do is remain standing and the DAAS weight of numbers will end this particular skirmish in their favour.

The enemy warrior facing off against you smiles as he thrust his spear towards your head, the spear point beats the protective barrier of your shield and there is a loud crash as his spear collides with your helmet. You feel the sting as a wound opens on the side of your scalp. Wincing from the pain you launch an attack on your opponent but your spear fails to find it's target
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Kugald nods and smiles at Jurri as he worms his way into the front line.

After replacing Jurri, Kugald squares off against his new opponent. He bides his time, blocking attacks and watching and waiting for an opening where he can attack.

TTYL

- Kerry

Bursting through the line you attack the enemy warrior that was fighting against Jurri, preparing yourself for the coming thrust you back down low behind your shield and launch your attack swinging in a broad arc across your opponents front. The blow connects, watching his face his eyes widen in disbelief as his intestines fall to the ground a gash in his belly near a foot long, he stands for a few moments before falling to the ground. Another enemy warrior steps into the line to take his place
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Vidar begins to chant/sing praise to the Gray Slayer and the Elkyrie, probably from some well-known poetic edda. ie, nothing that requires intense concentration but something that can be easily puked up from memory. He continues to block as the primary defense and attack for the middle.

You find it hard to keep the song going as you find your concentration being dragged back to the fight at hand. The enemy warrior squaring off against you stabs his spear towards you but fails to connect, Vidar launches an attack of his own against this enemy warrior, his battleaxe arcing towards his opponents left hip but the attack is blocked by his opponents shield, the blade of the axe bites deep into the wood before Vidar is able to tear his weapon free....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Barak says "Well done" to Borygg as he looks for an enemy to attack...

You face off against one of the enemy warriors, you are able to seize an opportunity and thrust your spear at his right hip, the enemy warrior attempt to block this thrust but misjudges and your spear bites into his body. The man wobbles on his feet and it looks as if his face whitens in shock but he remains on his feet none the less. The enemy warrior launches a feeble thrust with his spear that is no where near its target
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:54 pm

GM wrote:As you leap into the fray, your spear stabs out towards your opponent, the enemy warrior tries in vain to block with his shield but your spear bites deep into his belly. He falls to the ground unconcious taking your spear with him the spear point piercing all the way through and has exited his back. His companions steps forward to take his place
"Jarlak's balls!" Borygg swears as the spear is torn from his hands. While continuing to use his shield to block, he tries to step backwards so he can pull out his club.

OOC: Are the throwing spears/javelins any good for this kind of fighting or would they break too easily? These spears are to short and light weight, they could be used as a weapon - as can anything - but would be treated more like javelins than true spears

One of the warriors sees your dilema and as you step back to draw your club, he steps forward to cover you and engage any enemy that try to pursue you
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:03 am

GM wrote:
Bursting through the line you attack the enemy warrior that was fighting against Jurri, preparing yourself for the coming thrust you back down low behind your shield and launch your attack swinging in a broad arc across your opponents front. The blow connects, watching his face his eyes widen in disbelief as his intestines fall to the ground a gash in his belly near a foot long, he stands for a few moments before falling to the ground. Another enemy warrior steps into the line to take his place.

"PUSH 'EM LADS!" Kugald screams out at the top of his lungs, his eyes blood red with battle lust. He crouches behind his shield, sword at the ready to fend off blows and strike at any openings.

He cries out "DAAS" and takes a step forward.

Then, he cries out "DAAS" again, taking another step. Every step he heaves his shield against his opponent's.

He doesn't look side-to-side, instead, he trusts that the men on either side will follow him.

"DAAS"

"DAAS"

"DAAS"

Blood dripping from his broadsword, he is like a one man battering ram as he throws himself at the enemy line with all his formidable strength.

"DIE, YOU IBANVAALESE SCUM!

WE ARE THE DAAS!

WE ARE YOUR DEATH!"


"DAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!"




TTYL

- Kerry

You shove at your opponent but the enemy warrior refuses to yield any ground, after the third shove or so, he finally begins to take a step or two to the rear. His resistance does not seem to diminish if anything it seems he was losing his footing in the blood pooling at his feet.
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:09 am

The main enemy line continues to give ground to the advancing Batheson warband. The obvious signs of battle litter the ground in the aftermath of the figthing, the dead and wounded along with broken weapons and shields.

Kelsi and his skirmishers are being driven away to the south east with several of the enemy warriors in pursuit. They do not appear to making to much headway as the lightly armed and armoured skirmishers are able to keep some distance between them and their pursuers. Those skirmishers that remain to fight have either been subdued or are now fleeing as well.

The battle seems to being either way at the moment as you notice that several of your warband are now bearing the wounds of battle, but it does appear that more enemy warriors are now out of the fight either dead or unconcious. The line seems to have stablised a bit now as Barak and Borygg have helped to secure the left flank while Jurri has moved towards the right flank to aid the men of your warband there.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 am

"Kugald! I think we're about ready to have a nasty surprise on our right flank!"

(The fleeing skirmishers DO leave their pursuers open to engage us, yes?)

It would seem that for now those enemy warriors have other things on their mind - meanwhile you attack your opponent again, sensing an opportunity you swing your axe in a wide arc across your opponents body, the enemy warrior deftly brings up his shield to protect himself but when the axe connects the shield splinters into pieces and disintergrates before your eyes. The enemy warrior grasps his spear with two hands now that his shield hand is free and launches an attack of his own, his spear point is easily parried this time with your shield.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum