24 Nuzyael 720

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:38 pm

If Algared is still engaged, Jurri will move to assist him. Otherwise, he'll move up the line to assist whoever is next, still singing.

The wounded enemy warrior seems to be caught between you and Algared and unable to join his comrades as they withdraw, the enemy warrior appears intent on defending against Alagred and you are able to catch him by surprise as you drive your spear into the warriors back, the weapon slides easily into the enemy warrior through his leather jerkin and serge tunic. His legs give way as you withdraw your spear and the enemy warrior collapses at your feet
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:51 pm

When his prayer is complete, Vidar continues his assault on whomever seems to be posing the most imminent danger to his companions. (Is it Kugald or Algared in the most danger, now that Jurri's foes are fleeing?)

You continue to pray to the Elkyri Bronwyne ending with traditional ending - you search the battlefield for an opponent

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Kugald grimaces when he hears his shield crack.

He doesn't stop his attack.

In the brief moments between attacks, he glances right and left. The Ibanvaalese are thinning out. Here and there, one or two are surrendering. Kugald is emboldened.

Between blows, he taunts his opponent, "Your friends are dying or surrendering Ibanvaaler. Your position is doomed. Prepare to meet Sarajin, you Ibanvaalese scum!"

The weaponcrafter continues his attack, shifting his target back to attacking the middle again.

If his shield shatters, he is ready to discard it and fight two-handed with his sword.

TTYL

- Kerry

Kugald swings at the enemy warrior but he is able to block the blow with his shield, the enemy warrior glances left and right across the battlefield as he backs up slowly giving ground only when necessary.
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Algared calls upon the spearman and those near him to "Drop their weapons and surrender to the Daas!" But he is careful not to chase the spearman in his efforts to engage him and so allow himself to be drawn away from his companions, moving back towards them inorder to maintain the contact and be able to offer support and also recieve it. Keeping an eye on the wounded warrior who made the wild attack, if neither surrender and the if the spearman he faces retreats towards the thran, Algared will engage the wounded warrior, before he and Jurri move to assist the main line.

Your call appears to have some affect as some of the enemy warriors have indeed dropped their weapons and have surrendered. Returning your attention to the enemy warrior he stabs at you with his spear but you are able to block his attack, lunging forward to attack with your sword the wounded enemy warrior blocks your attack with his shield, however, just after your attack his eyes take on a strange stare just before his body goes limp and falls at your feet, Jurri stands in front of you with his spear shaft bloody with the blood of the enemy warrior
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Borygg hears Algared call for the enemy to surrender. He sees that his last opponent has done just that following Barak's thrust to the leg. Now that he is behind the enemy, Borygg will do a quick assessment of the ones near him and see who is posing the most danger to one of his companions. At the very least, he'll start clubbing guys from behind, aiming high.

One of your companions is in a deep struggle with an enemy warrior and you think that this is where your efforts best lie. Moving only a few feet you enter the engagment. The enemy warrior sensing that things are not going so well for him right now begins to give up ground as both you and your companion press forward against him
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:59 pm

[OoC: I've completely changed my last action, since my opponent surrendered to Borygg after my post]

He has surrendered to both of you

Before Barak starts to follow the fleeing enemy he says to Borygg "You had better bash that wounded man over the head, least he gets up again and stabs you in the back."

You realise that it is to late as Borygg has moved off to aid a fellow warrior
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:40 am

The enemy line appears to have started to withdraw. It is only now that with the diminishing noise of battle you can hear the sound of what could be an avalanche in the distance - this noise comes from behind you.

Looking around quickly you can see about seventy warriors advancing to your aid. With the quick glance you are able to get they look to be from clan Nildrom of Daaslund.

It would appear that your opponents have also spied this advancing group and are now in the process of removing themselves from this now lost fight.

Algared and Jurri can also see a group of mounted warriors - Thorin among them - riding down those enemy warriors that were pursuing Kelsi' skirmishers.

The battleline between clan Batheson and the enemy battleline appears to be disintergrating. Enemy warriors are now beginning to flee from the fight.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:07 am

The warrior watches as Borygg moves off and he switches his attention to you, not presenting his back to you

Barak glares at him, backs away from him a couple of paces. He calls on one of the other Daaa warriors to secure the prisoner. He waits for some one to step forward to do that. Then turns away from him towards the fleeing enemy.


Last edited by Barak Daas on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:10 am; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:16 am

Algared thanks Jurri for his timely thrust, then seeing a wounded Dass warrior fighting, Algared charges forth inorder to assist him, and hopefully causes the Ibanvaal warrior to become unbalanced and thus force him to surrender.

Once the sea of reinforcements washes past them Algared will gather his belongings and watch the prisoners freeing up more able bodied warriors to pursue the foe.

Algared musters his best speed and sets out to aid his fellow warrior, the enemy warrior see him coming and ducks behind his shield and sets his feet for the impact. Both you and the enemy warrior bounce off each other, the enemy warrior stumbles back a step or two while you almost collide with your fellow warrior. The other warrior is now not in a position to attack the enemy as you are now between him and his opponent.

The approaching warband are still a few rounds away yet


Last edited by GM on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:38 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : glaring typographical error corrected)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:41 am

If Jurri sees anyone needing help, he will either move to engage or (if a clear shot presents itself) throw his spear. Otherwise, he'll maintain a ready position and continue singing until the reinforcements arrive and the situation is fully under control.

One the fight is over and he's determined that none of his companions were seriously harmed, he'll look around to see if there is an undamaged helmet available. His own is probably not worth attempting to repair.

Throwing his last throwing spear Jurri launches the weapon towards his nearest opponent. The weapon strikes the warriors shield, the enemy warrior discards his now useless shield and continues to withdraw closer to the thranhold. With his last throwing spear gone, Jurri now turns to his true calling and begins to sing, his dry throat making this difficult but his song is heard across the field anyway.
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:14 am

GM wrote:
Kugald swings at the enemy warrior but he is able to block the blow with his shield, the enemy warrior glances left and right across the battlefield as he backs up slowly giving ground only when necessary.

"Surrender now and I will let you live!"

TTYL

- Kerry

The only response you get to your order is a smirk, Kugald launches his attack against the enemy warriors legs, the enemy warrior must have sensed this attack coming as he is easily able to block the attack, the strike from Kugald's sword is enough to destroy what remains of the enemy warriors shield. He quickly decides that now is the time to make good his escape and feigns an attack before he backs up a little before turning and joining his companions in the withdrawal
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:28 am

gm wrote:
The enemy warrior sensing that things are not going so well for him right now begins to give up ground as both you and your companion press forward against him
Borygg tries to position himself opposite his fellow warrior and attacks the enemy.

Swinging your club at the enemy warrior his attention momentarily tied up with your companion you land a blow on his right forearm. You are not sure but you think you hear bone crack with the blow, the enemy warrior squirms his face in pain and there is a distinct groan from him as the blow lands. The enemy warrior drops his spear and falls to the ground unconcious. Your companion is quick to stab at the enemy warrior with his spear, his spear stabs deeply into the fallen enemys belly, your companion then looks to you with a smile as he now scans the battlefield
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:40 am

As he charges to the aid of the Daas warrior, Algared shouts the command to "Secure those prisoners!"

Several of the Daas men stand around looking as they watch Algared and then look amongst themselves trying to work out who Algared was yelling at
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:12 am

Upon completing the prayer, Vidar charges the enemy posing the greatest threat to his companions, hoping to cleave him into next week.

Vidar scans the battlefield and seeing that Kugald appears to be on top of his situation decides to aid one of the wounded men of his warband as he continues to fight against an enemy warrior. With a battle cry Vidar charges the enemy warrior attacking from behind he takes his opponent completely by surprise, swinging his axe with great skill he strikes the enemy warrior low on his left thigh, the axe passes cleanly through the limb removing it completely. The enemy warrior falls to ground unconcious. His attack was not in time to save his comrade in arms as the enemy warrior was able to stab the Daas warrior in the right shoulder with his spear, the Daas warrior now lies on the ground underneath the enemy warrior

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Readies himself to recieve the attak from the warrior he just charged, and considers himself lucky that he and the man he sought to assist didn't become caualties of war entangled and prone to be slin by their foe. Algared moves forward with the Daas warrior being more cautious as he advances against the Ibanvaal foe.


Last edited by Algared on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarifying the intended actions and thoughts which were unclear)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Awash in blood-spray, Vidar shouts, "Praise be to you, Bronwyne, for you are with us now!" He gazes wildly about for a quick evaluation:

* If any of the warband are on the losing end of a present engagement, Vidar charges to aid IMMEDIATELY.
* If Vidar's assessment of the situation (INT check?) indicates that he has 2 rounds of combat to spare (knowing that anything can happen in 2 rounds but willing to play the odds to save a companion), he will attempt to pull the fallen warrior from beneath the expiring enemy and bandage his shoulder.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:35 pm

With his opponent downed, Borygg looks around to see if any of his companions need help or if there are any enemy still around. If his latest opponent's spear looks to be undamaged, he'll stow his club and grab the spear.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:44 am

As Algared and the Daas warrior engage their Ibanvaal foe Algared says to him, "Surrender, you have done what honour demanded, you are outnumbered and behind our line, yeild and live." Algared continues to block as they apply pressure.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:16 pm

GM wrote:
The only response you get to your order is a smirk, Kugald launches his attack against the enemy warriors legs, the enemy warrior must have sensed this attack coming as he is easily able to block the attack, the strike from Kugald's sword is enough to destroy what remains of the enemy warriors shield. He quickly decides that now is the time to make good his escape and feigns an attack before he backs up a little before turning and joining his companions in the withdrawal.

Kugald pauses. He contemplates chasing down the arrogant bastard and cutting him down from behind. Sighing, he realizes that wouldn't be in keeping with Ljarl and lets him run.

He stops to catch his breath. While he does so, he uses a rag to clean the blood off his sword and sheaths it.

Then, he turns to the members of his war band. Kugald yells out, "Algared and Jurri, check our wounded, bandage them as you can; call me if you have need of assistance. Barak and Borygg, reform your archers and form a line to give us covering fire, if needed. Vidar, take one spear man to assist you and check the fallen enemy to make sure they are truly dead. All remaining spear men to me, reform the shield wall."

He surveys the battlefield. Where is the enemy going? What is the Daas doing? What is Kelsi doing?

While he surveys what is going on, he pulls a bandage out of his belt and tends to the wound to his hip. He also looks around for a replacement spear and a solid shield.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Barak makes no move to marshall the archers - he'll leave that to Borygg if he wishes to comply. Instead he considers whether he should chase the enemy - but decides the opportunity is lost and there is more loot at his feet than he'll get from the Thranhold.


Last edited by Barak Daas on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Jurri will look around and call out, "Who's hurt? Over here!"

He'll scan the fallen who aren't clearly dead. Of those who are visibly injured do we have any bleeders? (gushing or spurting blood, at immediate risk of death).

(OOC: I'm not sure whether Jurri realizes that Kugald is much more experienced with this than either he or Algared. If so, he'll call him to look at the worse cases. Otherwise, he'll assume that he and Algared are the best "medics" available -- which is pretty bad, really.)
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 am

With the defenders in retreat back towards the thranhold, Kuglad forms what remains of your shieldwall up while Vidar and one other warrior go about dispatching the defenders while Algared goes about the field checking on the nine prone members of your warband.

Jurri after calling out for the wounded to come to him three men make their way over to him, the first to approach has a cut some two inches long along the left side of his neck, the flow of blood has almost stopped. The next to approach has a stab wound to his stomach, the wound looks deep and the warrior looks to be in some pain from the injury. The last to approach also has a wound to his stomach this wound is slightly higher than the previous one but it looks to be just as deep and just as painful.

With the shieldwall formed and waiting for an counter attack and Barak and Borygg waiting with bows in hand you have the chance to look around the field of battle. Kelsi and his skirmishers are reforming and attempting to harass the enemy while they retreat. The men of clan Batheson are in hot pursuit of the now routing enemy battleline. They remain in close contact and should be able with the will of the Grey Slayer prevent the defenders from reaching the thranhold and securing its gates.

Within moments of your skirmish ending the men of clan Nildrom quickly pass by you and continue the pursuit of the beaten enemy.

With the chance to rest you are each able to assess your own injuries and equipment.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Freed from the front line Algared retrieves his pack and removes his helm then moves among the unconscious or dead. Quickly checking for life signs and and carefully moving the living aside for treatment. He attempts to stop any bleeders applying pressure, before moving on. Once the wounded are gathered he checks their wounds applying first-aid beginning with the most serious cases.

He washes the wounds carefully, and endeavours to make the wounded comfortable. Once done he will seek treatment for his own wounds. Then removing his armour will attempt to cast Azure hand washing his shoulder. He will use azure hand on his head wound afterwards, resting when fatigued and then move among the wounded whou have been treated, and use level III cant and gesture. His goal if to revive as many of the warband or restore as many as posible to a fit state.

You move among your allied wounded, nine men lay on the ground, two dead and the remaining seven badly wounded. You move them with the aid of one of the men from the warband to a position where they can be treated for their wounds. The dead are left where they fell. Checking each of the wounded the first suffers from a serious wound to his right upper arm, the second an extremely serious wound to his left shoulder, the third has mutiple wounds the first wound seems minor to his stomach but he has a serious wound to his chest, the fourth warrior suffers from a minor wound to his left knee and another wound to his head, the fifth warrior suffers from a horrible wound to the left side of his head which has removed his ear and opened up much of the left side of his skull, the sixth warrior suffers from a minor wound to his neck and repeated serious wounds to his chest the last warrior has a serious wound to his head and another serious wound to his right hip.

They are all unconcious at this time but that may soon change for some of them and when they awake they are going to be in all sorts of pain.

Turning to your own wounds you prepare a bowl of water and prepare yourself to cast azure hand. Your first casting on your shoulder not only removes the pain but the wound seems to heal over and presents a slight scar where once there was a wound. Taking some time to gather your thoughts and rest a moment after the draining efforts of your casting your prepare yourself to cast azure hand on your head. Within moments the pain in your head deadens and after prodding around to judge your success you feel as though this wound will heal in a matter of days the Grey Slayer willing.

Making your way back to the wounded you can see that they will be in need of much more than your 'talents' if they are to make a full recovery any time soon (if ever)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 pm

Kugald observes the retreat of the enemy.

His eyes turn to the thranhold. How high is the palisade wall? Can he see defenders on the wall?

The weaponcrafter calls out to the members of his original band for a 'huddle'. "Everyone is rushing for the gate. If we go there, we will just be part of the mass, and there will be little chance for glory or loot."

"I have a different idea. What if we take our small force around to the side of the thranhold opposite to the gate? I don't think there will be any defenders there. We can scale the wall and surprise the defenders from behind."

"Thoughts? Recommendations?"

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Vidar catches his breath, fixing his wide-eyed stare at Kugald. "Well we should at least SCOUT that area, yes. We need to assess the feasibility of even entering from that position. Is there another gate? How do we scale the palisade? If we do scale the palisade, how many defenders will hit us in how short of a time? Definately worth the investigation."

OOC: What time of day is it?

It is still early morning not much past the 1/2 way point of the second watch

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum