28 Nuzyael 720

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:07 pm

"Well, tomorrow, we will hear from the Daas again and then we will vote. The decision is up to the men now."

He waves to Barak and Borygy. "Hail friends. Any luck at hunting?"

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 pm

'Well as much as the mead and talk is appreciated, I need to have some target practice with my sling, spar a little with sowrd spear and shield, if I can find any willing and then a quiet place to think." Algared then stands and bids each farewell, he goes and gathers his weapons and is seen heading to a clearing where the archers have practiced.

Picking a distant target Algared practices with his staff sling. He practices holding it with both hands as well as using the sling one handed while holding his shield. From a distance, he seems to be stoopping to pick something from the ground and then swinging a staff above his head.

After training with the sling he will spar with any who are willing, as he seeks to improve his combat skills with shield, sword and spear.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 am

Kugald Daas wrote:He waves to Barak and Borygy. "Hail friends. Any luck at hunting?"
"We havn't been hunting yet. It has only been a few moments. I was wondering if you would care to join us and see what is wondering around in the woods to the north. But it looks like everyone has gone their own ways whilst we've been looking for our bows."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:49 am

"Indeed, the decision now rests with men" Jonaar says to Kugald.

With Algared now leaving, Jonaar takes this opportunity to bid you all good luck and a safe journey home, before taking his leave. Herl and Daarlen both pick up the stools, tankards and jugs and they head back towards the thranhold.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:54 am

After Jonaar and his men depart, Jurri relaxes a bit.

"That man concerns me," he says quietly.

Jurri seems to take an interest in Barak's words. Was it clear from his expression that he was just inviting Kugald, or did it apply to the others present? If the latter, Jurri will gladly join in. He needs time to think.

(If not, he'll retreat to a relatively quiet spot to work on his composition.)
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Kugald nods.

"Yes, I would be happy to join you."

"So, we head north to go 'hunting' eh? Animals or Ibanvaalese?"

"Let me grab my bow and a few items." Kugald hurries back to the clanhouse. He drops off his shield, keeping his spear and sword. He picks up his bow and quiver of arrows. He also picks up his backpack with some food and his waterskin. He hustles back to the party and says, "I'm ready, we best head out quickly to make best use of the light."

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:56 pm

So with Algared off training with staff sling and Vidar gone for most of the morning. Kugald, Barak, Jurri and Borygg head north at first along the trail.


Last edited by GM on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:35 am

Barak and co return back from their failed hunting trip by high sun.

"Shall we have something to eat, and join the rest practicing our weapons? I'd welcome some more practice with a sword."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:40 am

Kugald nods. "I am always up for some sword practice. By the looks of things, we will need it soon enough."

After grabbing a bit of food, Kugald and Barak pick out a level piece of ground and begin drilling and sparring.

During a pause in the sparring, he remarks, "Enough of this waiting...I am ready to go, whatever choice the Jarl makes."

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:06 am

During the meal, assuming it is just his immediate companions around, Jurri will talk about the decision tomorrow.

"Though I don't know what the Daas will decide, I think I have decided what I wish to do. Even if Froyaheim has fallen, that does not mean the Storzar is dead. And if the Storzar is dead, it does not mean his clan is leaderless. We must find out what has happened. If the Storzar is alive, we must make sure he knows he has allies, and ensure the Daas knows as well."

"I plan to volunteer to go to Froyaheim and seek out the Storzar if he lives. It will no doubt be dangerous, and I'll just as likely get killed."

He glances around, "Anyone want to join me?"
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:54 pm

Jurri Grebel wrote:"I plan to volunteer to go to Froyaheim and seek out the Storzar if he lives. It will no doubt be dangerous, and I'll just as likely get killed."
He glances around, "Anyone want to join me?"
Borygg thinks about it then nods his head. "I'll volunteer to join you, Jurri. I've spent time in Froyaheim and am anxious to find out what has happened there. My friend, Anders Daas (brother to Cunate), is fostered with the Storzars there. I would think the Daas will be as interested in the fate of his brother as he is the Storzar."
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Having trained Algared finds the desire for food and drink compelling glancing at the sun decides it is time for a break. returning to the clanhouse. seeing his conpanions present he joins them, and as he sits says 'You know Jonaar seemed a little odd to me, maybe it was partly due to remembering the trip to Froyahiem we tood and being told about ships their crews and loyalties.. and his negativitiy seemed to grow. I swear the enemy was increasing in size with each breath he took.... what about you Kugald and Jurri, did you find him strange?"

As conversation ebbs too and fro Algared hears some of Jurri's plan, "As a skald you should have safe passage, but that doesn't mean you will. You would in deed require an escort. Kugald you were with us when the storzer discussed the plan and gave us his response. He did say he would lead his army north and try draw off the Ibanvaal host so that we would have more time? If froyahiem has not fallen and this advance is merely to deal with a thorn that has cost the Dagaan near 1000 men, or he seeks to destory us hopefully before the storzer's army arrives then I would imagine that skald or not we'd be shot on sight"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 pm

Relaxing after dinner, Kugald is somewhat taken off guard by Jurri’s unexpected suggestion. He is the last member of the group Kugald would expect such an idea from. Despite this, he immediately seizes on the idea.

"That is an excellent idea, my friend. No matter what the Jarl decides, he will need more information on the new situation. I think scouting out Froyaheim and finding out the fate of the Storzar is an excellent idea."

After Borygg adds his comments, the weaponcrafter nods his head in agreement. "How could I forget my cousin is in Froyaheim too? I only spoke to him a few short weeks ago. I am sure his mother would want to know his fate."

Then, Algared joins in the conversation.

Algared wrote:
'You know Jonaar seemed a little odd to me, maybe it was partly due to remembering the trip to Froyahiem we tood and being told about ships their crews and loyalties.. and his negativitiy seemed to grow. I swear the enemy was increasing in size with each breath he took.... what about you Kugald and Jurri, did you find him strange?"
"Indeed. Jonaar seemed to be ready to surrender at a moment's notice. Not me. Sarajin will choose my fate. I intend to go down fighting and cursing my foes with my dying breath, not dying like and old woman, safe in her bed."

Algared wrote:
"As a skald you should have safe passage, but that doesn't mean you will. You would in deed require an escort. Kugald you were with us when the storzer discussed the plan and gave us his response. He did say he would lead his army north and try draw off the Ibanvaal host so that we would have more time? If froyahiem has not fallen and this advance is merely to deal with a thorn that has cost the Dagaan near 1000 men, or he seeks to destory us hopefully before the storzer's army arrives then I would imagine that skald or not we'd be shot on sight"
"This is wartime," he says, looking at Jurri. "Algared is right. I wouldn't depend on the honor of the Ibanvaalese for your protection. I think we would do better as scouts, sticking to cover."

"If we go north, we should be able to spy on the Ibanvaalese army, but a half-dozen of us should be able to slip past them. Once we are past, we can assess the state of Froyaheim and the fate of the Storzars and their army…and Sarajin willing - find my cousins."

"An army might not get past Froyaheim, but our small band can. Then, we could follow the river back to Ygesdram. By then, the Daas should have brought the men over the pass and back to meet us. The more information we can bring him on the state of the Ibanvaalese army, their numbers, the situation in Froyaheim, the fate of the Storzar and his army the better able he will be to make his decision on what to do next."

"Thoughts?" Kugald looks around at the other members of the war band and then takes a drink of ale.

"If we are agreed on this idea, I will take it to the Daas himself this very night." He looks around the clanhouse, as if he expects an Ibanvaalese spy to pop out of the woodwork. "The fewer know of such a mission, the better. Stealth and secrecy are our best defence."

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:35 am

After a long day of contemplation and prayer, Vidar returns, still seeming unsettled. He listens to Jurri's plan.

"I must confess that I'm torn. Part of me desires to take this enemy head on, and let Sarajin and the Elkyri decide our fates. In doing so, we may call the enemy's bluff, or at least earn a place at our Lord's table.

"However, part of me also considered a smaller expedition, to gather effective information and thereby help secure a glorious victory for Menglana.

"Hearing Jurri propose such a deed might be the divine intervention I was hoping to hear. If that is the warband's decision, count me and my axe in with you all."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:16 am

"You know they said the army would be here in two to three days right? maybe we could offer our services to the Jarl to seek the truth? we could probably avoid the baulk of their army and scout Froyahiem. and if fortune strikes distrupt the supplies if targets ofopportunity presented themselves." Algared says then falls silent for a while before asking

"Do you think Jonaar could be an agent, seeking to undermine our efforts, and occasional push on the crossing of the mountain and some men would fall, sowing words of defeat undermining the resolve of others... as a ship captian and one not necessarily always in Daasland he would certainly have opportunity. Did anyone catch his clan name?"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 am

As you sit and debate your warband's next move, your chatter quickly ends when there is a knock at the door.

Algared moves to open the door when Kugald yells "Enter!"

The door opens and Thorin enters the clanhouse "By Sarajin's beard you men are hard to find!" as Thorin makes his way to where you are seated he says "I have spent all morning looking for you. I searched all over the thran looking for you, but I should have known you would be off doing your own thing"

Thorin takes a seat near Kugald "The Daas has another task for you" Thorin pauses for a moment to let this statement strike home "Our Jarl would like you to mingle amongst the men and get a feeling of what the vote tomorrow might be" Thorin again waits a few moments before adding "The Daas would like to have plans in place to expedite a quick removal from here should that be the vote, with the Ibanvaal army breathing down our necks the Daas needs to make plans and does not want to spend time wasted on plans that are not going to see the light of day, if you get my meaning"

Thorin continues "You can meet with the Daas after the evening meal and give him your thoughts" Thorin stands and makes for the door, as he opens the door Thorin stops in the open doorway then turns back to your warband and adds "it's good having you around the Jarl originally wanted us huscarls to do this job, but Thaldirs convinced him that your warband would be much better suited to the task" with a smile Thorin nods his head in farewell and leaves you to your chatter once again.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 am

"Good to see you Thorin," Kugald says. He takes Thorin by the arm with his right hand, wrist to wrist, hand and claps him on the shoulder with his left hand.

"Hard to find? We are sitting in our sleeping quarters talking... You are just a lousy scout," Kugald winks broadly. "You just had to test the ale in every other house before you 'found' us... right?"

Kugald listens to Thorin's message.

"Tell the Jarl we will do as he asks."

After Thorin leaves, Kugald turns back to the others. "This is the opportunity that we need. We should disperse and each take a different part of the thranhold. Talk to the others, find out how they are feeling and what the majority want to do. We meet back here for the evening meal. We can talk over our findings during the meal and then go to see the Daas after dinner."

"Once we tell him what we have found out, we can propose our plan to scout the Ibanvaalese positions."

"Any other ideas before we disperse?"

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:08 am

Once the group disperses, Vidar will mix his information gathering in with inquiring into the spiritual needs of those he encounters. If anyone wishes a blessing or a prayer, Vidar clearly agrees to perform the service.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:18 am

OOC: I have lost track of time. What time of day is it?

Post by GM It is now about a hour after high sun.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Kugald heads out of the clanhouse and heads toward northern quarter of the thranhold. Once there, he begins to seek out clumps of men and asks what they are thinking and what option they will support.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Jurri will select a section of the thran and begin socializing. He'll mix in some music or stories with discussions.

OOC: Jurri will attempt to persuade his audience to share their views (Oratory ML). To the extent he can use music or song to improve the odds, he will do so.
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Borygg will take a look around and see where warriors are congregating. If there are archers practicing, he'll join them and see what they are talking about.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:32 am

Standing Algared heads towards the exit to mingle with others of the Daas host speaking with them and asking what their views, ideas or thoughts are regarding the campaign.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:19 pm

If Barak is about to go on any mad-cap he thinks he had better be prepared for it. So he settles down to go through his equipment very thoroughly, cleaning it, shapening it, oiling, repairing it as best as he can. And then he waits for everyone else to return.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm

So the warband leaves the clanhouse (except Barak) and head out of the thranhold fanning out around the thran in search of information...

Please check the section for private posts for more information.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 28 Nuzyael 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum