9 Peonu 720

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon May 17, 2010 2:51 am

Borygg gives Barak back his spear (and anything else he picked up), makes sure he has all his equipment, and runs off up the hill in the direction Barak indicated.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Mon May 17, 2010 3:11 am

No time for questions. After returning whatever he had of Barak's, Jurri moves off after Borygg at a run.
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Mon May 17, 2010 6:14 am

"Let's go, head uphill."

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Mon May 17, 2010 6:47 am

Ensuring that Barak has all his gear with him, the warband turn and head south further into the forest and up into the hills. Leaving Barak behind...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Mon May 17, 2010 8:57 am

Algared curses to himself but moves with his friends towards the relative safety of the hills. "No doubt they'll end up looking for us on foot. But we'll take care of them if we have too."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 17, 2010 10:45 am

"Good luck" say Barak "and may Sarajin be with you."

OoC: Barak only takes what was stated, his spear, shield and knapsack. That means the party has his armour and loot (i.e. the most valuable stuff ;-), unless you choose to dump it.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Mon May 17, 2010 1:11 pm

[OOC: Kugald has Barak's mail shirt in his backpack, replacing the food that would normally be there. The rest of his gear is split among the others.]

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Mon May 17, 2010 5:50 pm

"Any attempt to track the attacker will have them following us as well, it wont take them long to figure out Barak wasn't alone, Barak running off alone seems wrong to me. Too many of our friends have parted ways it would be better if we faced our troubles as one, and it feels honourless. And three bows and my sling will be better than two bows or in Barak's case one bow." Algared looks over his shoulder at his cousin and sighs deeply.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Tue May 18, 2010 4:05 am

"Algared, you are right."

Kugald calls out to his cousin.

"Barak, forget leading them away from the band. It is too late. You said one of them seemed to have seen me. There is no point in you sacrificing yourself needlessly. Five of us together have a better chance of taking on the riders and you alone and the four of us without you. We need your skill with the bow."

"Come. We have no time to debate. You agreed to follow my lead. So...follow it. We head for the hills together...as a Daas warband."

Kugald locks eyes with Barak, flicks his head in the direction of the mountain, and then turns and heads up hill at a lope, confident his cousin won't abandon him.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Tue May 18, 2010 11:38 am

Time: Beginning 4th watch

With the warband having turned and started to run south into the hills, Barak has turned and started to return back towards the west and the site of the attack.

Kugald and Algared slowly jog while Borygg and Jurri take off at a quicker pace slowly down a little when they see that the other two are not quite keeping up.

Borygg and Jurri notice that Algared and Kugald seem to be in conversation.

Kugald calls to Barak now some distance away to hold and then he offers his comments. Barak nods his consent and then with the rest of the warband heads south up into the hills.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed May 19, 2010 1:47 am

"The one that spotted you" puffs Barak to Kugald "is the one that is dead."

He continues, as he has breath, to Kugald: "We need to get to high ground... If we see a stream or river we should wade up it... We need to get on to broken terrain where horses can't go... once there, if we see a defensable site where we can ambush any followers we should use it... I hope they are not good trackers... and I doubt that they will be carrying bows on their horses... if they get reinforcements dogs might be an issue.."

At the first opportunity, i.e when they first stop for a breather, Barak will take back (the rest of) his equipment.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Wed May 19, 2010 2:30 am

Time: Beginning 4th watch

The warband head south further into the forest. The slope of the ground leads the warband to the western bank of the large river that they have only just forded.

The terrain soon becomes more difficult with spurlines running down towards the river. Several of these gullies contain small streams that feed the main river, but none are large enough to wade through in the hope of throwing off any pursuers.

Nearly a kilometre into the forest the going is hard on foot and you would imagine almost impossible on a horse unless the riders were exceptionally skilled and you have had no indication that the riders were anything more than competant. Barak halts the group at the base of a small rocky outcrop.

Thinking that this might offer the warband a suitable defensive position, Barak scouts out the outcrop.

The outcrops eastern edge falls sharply to the river some 30 below. The southern edge is still heavily forested but slopes down, the slope is quite steep and would be a moderate ascent/descent, the western face is similiar to the southern although the ascent/descent is a little easier and the northern aspect leaves a steep climb through the thick forest. Visibility is not that good only about 30' all around due to the foilage on the trees but it offers good cover.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Wed May 19, 2010 2:54 am

As soon as it is possible Algared suggests that should also try fish forageor hunt for food. 'Anything will be better than nothing.' He says as part of his reasoning. Yet aware of possible pursuit he suggests that frying to fish may be the safer as they can stay together and have at someone on guard. As to the best location to carry out the task Algared leaves that up to those with better skills at soldiering and hunting.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Wed May 19, 2010 6:43 am

Jurri looks up towards the higher ground and muses, "Neirin's folk live somewhere near here, do they not?"
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed May 19, 2010 10:57 am

"Yes, finding Neirin's people could be useful. Who knows if they would help us, or just hand us over to the Dagen's men though? As much as I am as hungry as everyone else, the thought that we might be chased by a dozen armed men has dulled my appatite to fish. I can offer three small oak cakes though."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Wed May 19, 2010 1:19 pm

"Algared, unless it is within arm's reach, I don't want you leaving the group to forage."

He looks around at the site Barak has brought them to. "Not bad," he muses. "I would say they could only come at us from the west or perhaps the south."

"Let's prepare." Kugald drops his pack and gets ready. He lays his spear and shield in front of him where they will be easy to grab. He gets out his bow again, strings it and lays out some arrows.

"So, Barak, you killed the one that saw me. That is good. At least they probably think it is only you. We will have the element of surprise for the first few seconds. We will have to put that to our advantage. As many well aimed shots as we can men, they will be toiling up the slope for a good while in the open, we should be able to shoot them at short range. Make every shot count, we need to even the odds."

"Once we win," he smiles broadly, "or night falls, we need to move out quickly. I know you are all tired and hungry. So am I, but we need to get as far away as possible from where we were last seen. It will make the hunting harder. We are close to home now. I can feel it in my bones."

He looks around at the warband, "Cheer up guys, the harder the toil, the greater the glory in our war song that Jurri will write about our exploits...right Jurri? I for one am no longer worried about facing Father Sarajin in his great hall. I have killed men in fair combat. My blade is red, my love of wenches is endless and my thirst for ale unquenchable. Sarajin and I will get along well together. Perhaps he has need of a weaponcrafter? Though I am still young and inexperienced. Do you hear that Grey Slayer? I am ready for your call......but you might want to wait a bit.....until I am a better weaponcrafter and can make blades worthy of your use!"

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Wed May 19, 2010 1:30 pm

"Cousin my skills at foraging are very basic indeed, I would have tried fishing, but that for that I'd want to be very close to our set up." Algared says to Kugald and then adds to the group in general, "Is there anything we could do that would further impede an approach or make our position stronger or provide better cover?" pausing he than concedes "but I suppose nothing will really be worthwhile if they use dogs. Algared shrugs then takes position where ever he is asked to.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu May 20, 2010 2:14 am

Barak finds a good place to conceal himself on the outcrop where he will be able to shoot down at the route they’ve just climbed. He puts his packs in to the middle of the outcrop, before returning to his position to lay out his shield and spear at his side.

He then ceremoniously divides each oatcake in half and gives everyone half an oatcake, “It will probably make you feel hungrier, but it is all I have” before returning to his position.

He ensures that he can draw and use his bow to fire down slope before stickng a half dozen arrows in the ground in front of him where he can easily reach them. He then settles down for a lengthy wait, getting as comfortable as possible.

“It is good that the one who escaped didn’t see the whole party – but it is not good that I killed someone and I don’t even know if they are on our side. You are right hunger will soon start diminishing our strength, but water is the greater problem. If they don’t come soon, say within a quarter watch, I think we should push on. Unfortunately, the skies are clear with good visibility and are likely to stay that way. I’d welcome the fog of rain to conceal our escape, but I wish it would warm up I hate the way this cool breeze saps the strength”
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Thu May 20, 2010 5:46 am

Time: Mid 4th watch - Mid 5th watch

The warband stop and take up a position in the rocky outcrop, each man taking a position to watch the forest below. Barak breaks off a portion of oatcake for each man as they go about setting up their own defensive postion. Kugald lays out a few arrows for his bow, leaning them agains a rock near his right hand, his spear nearby with his shield near his left hand.

Barak finds himself a position to overlook their trail to the rocks as he too prepares a firing position. Each man takes his oatcake and eats the morsel, the growls from your bellies only reminding you how hungry you are becoming.

Algared has the hardest time, knowing that his staff sling requires room to swing but eventually finds a site along the western side where he is able to load and swing his staff sling. The rest of the warband likewise find suitable locations from which they can fire and/or fight from.

The afternoon passes by with no sign of any follow up. The struggle remain vigilant is hard as fatigue weighs against each of you, your hunger not helping.

With the light fading, dark clouds begin to build in the evening sky, painted in hues of orange and red. The wind has shifted more to the north but continues to blow strong enough to send a slight chill through each of the warband. The exposed position among the rocks not being to sheltered by the canopy of the trees.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Thu May 20, 2010 6:49 am

[OOC: My last post for a while...]

"Right, no sign of immediate pursuit. This position is too exposed to the elements, we are hungry and need water. I say we move now while there is still a little light. What say you all? Back into the trees and towards home is my recommendation."

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu May 20, 2010 8:42 am

"Go for it." says Barak
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Thu May 20, 2010 10:29 am

"Water we will need, in a day or two. I filled all our skins at the ford. However we do need food, the further we go now will lessen pusrsuit and while we have strength we will make better time, Lets move, though it would likely take a watch at least to organise any trackers for pursuit." Algared replies as the band considers whther to move or stay.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu May 20, 2010 11:35 pm

*If* Barak is put in charge of leading the party again, he'll attempt to go up and/or West; no doubt a compromise between the two desires.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Fri May 21, 2010 12:16 am

As the party discuss moving Algared agrees with Barak's deisre to move upwards and westwards, although hungry Algared is pleased he filled their water skins at the ford and that he was also successful in the morning casting Chalsea's sponge which will mean his water skin will enable them to last a little longer than they would normally before requiring a fresh resupply. However Algared points out that they need to find more food, and either need to forage as they march, stripping any source bare that they pass, or stop to forage and fish at a suitable point.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Fri May 21, 2010 7:02 am

Time: Mid 5th watch - End 5th watch

In the fading light the warband gathers there gear together and once again hoist backpacks over aching shoulders. With a familiarity born of repetition the warband fall into formation once again as they head south west. Making the most of what light remains the warband make reasonable time.

The ground is clear underfoot but the difficulty of the terrain increases slowly such that not too long after leaving the rocky outcrop you pace is slowed. The darkness hampers your progress more than anything else as Yael struggles to shine through the thick cloud cover, a several occasions shining through only briefly before being consumed by the clounds once again.

Not helping your progress you notice that as the night comes a thin mist is beginning to build.

It is now about the end of the 5th watch and you have covered what you think is about several kilometres.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 9 Peonu 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum