10 Peonu 720

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Sun May 30, 2010 6:05 pm

looking at the roots and tubers Borryg points out Algared asks. "Borryg, can you show me what the difference is so I can avoid them in the future. I would have been be much more comfortable fishing than digging around in the dirt, but I went upstream a far way and stream remained norrow and provided no area wide or deep enough to cast a line." Algared watches and listens as Borryg points out the differences to look for. When finished Algared places the suspect roots aside.
Algared
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 52
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Sun May 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Boyrgg points out the distinctive characteristics of the roots. Placing the roots in his belt pouch, Borygg says, "I'm going to hang onto these. They may come in handy."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 53
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Sun May 30, 2010 7:46 pm

When he returns to camp, Jurri will report on what he observed:

"This particular trail would normally be busy at this time of day, especially with those heading east towards the thrans of Storzarlund, but the only traffic I saw was two mounted patrols. Both were heading east, each about ten men from the looks of it, but I couldn't see much detail at this distance."

"Barak, I noticed that flock of sheep or goats you asked about has been taken back closer to the thran as darkness neared. I lost sight of them after that, so I can't tell you if they are in pens or not."

"Mmm. That smells good."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 51
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun May 30, 2010 8:25 pm

"I am afraid it will be a while yet Juri. Algarad do you think you can knock up a quick vegetable broth?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Mon May 31, 2010 2:31 am

Looking at the spread of foraged roots and tubers. Algared selects what he can to make a broth. "Not sure it will be very flavoursome, without any herbs or salt, and with nothing to thicken it it will be watery I'm afraid. But it will warm our insides."
Algared
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 52
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Mon May 31, 2010 3:20 am

Time: Mid 5th watch - End 6th watch

By the light of the fire Algared prepares the forage that has been found by both himself and Borygg, he cuts the vegetables up into sizeable pieces. He gathers some of the drippings from the rabbits to add to the broth and for the next while he goes about the preparation and cooking a vegetable broth as he watches the progress of the roasting rabbits.

Meanwhile the others sit by the fire enjoying its warmth as the temperature continues to drop.

After about a quarter watch and now in the dark, Algared has prepared a rather bland but filling broth which he serves to the warband along with a serving of meat cut from the freshly roasted rabbit.

There is silence around the fire as the warriors take their first mouthfuls of food in days. There is little formality in the dinner this night as the famished warriors greedily wolf down their meal in an effort to sate their hunger. With empty bowls the warriors sit back to enjoy the warmth of the fire and their full stomaches.

There is little in way of cleaning tonight as all the broth is consumed and the rabbits bones picked bare - even the bowls have been licked clean.

Kugald stands and says "I'll have the first watch tonight" as he gathers his spear and shield and takes a quick wander around the campsite.

Taking the hint the other warriors prepare their sleeping gear and make themselves ready for a night of rest.

The temperature continues to drop so that during the sixth watch the surrounding forest has become very cold. The wind continues to blow from the north east and blows straight into the campsite, the shelter only protects the warriors from some of the cold though. The sky remains clear tonight. Yael hangs low in the eastern sky as it crests the eastern mountains as it shines upon the ground below bathing the dark forest with a feint glow.

It is to soon for Algared though when he is awoken by Kugald for his turn on watch.

Algared gathers his equipment together and relieves Kugald. Taking a position near the fire he throws a few pieces of the gathered firweood on the fire to breathe some life into it so that he can enjoy its warmth on this very cold night. The fire had died down with just the glow of the embers signalling the fire is still lit, but new life has been breathed into it by the added fuel. The flames lick up around Algared's knees as he holds his hands to the flame.

Yael has risen up higher into the sky covering the forest in a feint light that enables Algared to see about 10'-15' away, clearly but provides enough of a contrast that silouhettes of the distant trees can be seen even further out.

Nearing the end of his watch, Algared thinks he hears a sound coming from the east - sounds like a branch cracking but is it???
GM
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:59 am

From out of the darkness rings Borygg's voice calling "ALGARED, ALGARED, GET THE OTHERS!!!!"
GM
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:31 am

Does Borygg's cry wake everyone up?

When Barak wakes up he will look around him to see what is going on and who else is awake. He'll get up, pull his boots on, buckle on his belt, and pick up his spear and shield. He'll then try and figure where the shout came from. "I hope it is not that boy again" he mutters to himself.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 am

With Borryg's Cry Algared rouses the others. He begins with Barak. "Get ready to defend yourselves. There was a sound I woke Borryg as he was next for guard duty, he went to check there was more sound to out west and now Borryg calls."
Algared
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 52
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Barak says to Algared, "I know if there are enemy that they know that we are comming; but they don't know when or exactly where from. If you keep calling out then they'll know exactly what we are doing."


Last edited by Barak Daas on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected the English)
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:03 am

Algared nods in response to Barak and conitnues towards were Borryg called from.
Algared
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 52
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:09 am

Borygg's call alerts the warband as they wake with a start, Algared is there to keep the order and informs Kugald, Jurri and Barak of what has happened.

With Barak, Jurri and Kugald gathering their equipment a few moments are lost as they put on boots and get themselves prepared for a fight.

Since Borryg had called out a warning for Algared to awaken the others Algared figures the need for silence is past and calls out Borryg's name and then listens as he moves cautiously forward. Algared can hear the sounds of a scuffle coming from the north of their position and then a few hushed whispers.

Algared takes a few steps further into the darkness to see what information might be gathered but the forest is once again silent. The warband have nearly got themselves ready and are in the last few moments of preparing themselves when footsteps can be heard approaching the campsite.

With the warband now prepared for battle you stand around the fire and prepare for what is to come.

Borygg quickly identifies himself and that he is bringing in a prisoner...

Within but a few moments Borygg has reappeared from the darkness and in front of him now visible in the firelight is the youth that looks similiar to the one your saw earlier today.

Apologies for pruning your posts, but Borygg's actions and night time here meant that things were happening and you were getting to far ahead in the timeline. If there is something you would like to add please go ahead
GM
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:13 am

Borygg walks toward the camp scowling. He is angry with himself for calling out needlessly and knows he'll be subject to some ribbing from his friends.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 53
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:21 am

"Borygg, who is this mighty warrior you bring before us?" Barak smiles and before he has time to answer, Barak turns to the youth "I guess you have a tale to tell. How did you escape from a half dozen men, some mounted, and a pack of dogs?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:37 am

The youth looks at Barak as he asks his question and then taking a few steps closer to the fire quickly picks up a piece of wood and places it on the fire as you look on stunned by this youths brashness.

He then takes a seat by the fire "You expect a story but offer me no hospitality - your clan would be ashamed!" he says and then perhaps realising he has offended holds up his hands "I mean no offence, I am cold, tired and hungry so if I might share your fire and perhaps a little food I will tell you my story"
GM
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:08 am

Algared laughs, "Well I'll grant you dont lack brashness, but it has bought you a little favour. Share the fire and I'll see if our own scarce supplies can at least give you a little something." Algared looks to Kugald, who nods, before saying, "But an introduction first young one. Who are you?"

While the youth tells his tale Algared fills the cauldron with water and sets it to boil on the fire. He sorts though the meagre supplies and places any unnawed rabbit bones into the water. he'll try to cook up a another broth, "A little now and rest for breaking the fast... unless we need to move directly."
Algared
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 52
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:24 am

The youth takes his cue and begins to pick at the few berries and nuts that have been gathered, as he looks on at the fire and the chance for some broth. Popping a few berries into his mouth he starts to speak and in between chewing he says "I am Emil, Emil Durgath, an apprentice woodcrafter from Anderstad"

The lad then takes a few more of the berries and wolfs them into his mouth before continuing "One of the Dagens men who has been tasked with keeping the peace came into the thran late yesterday claiming that one of his men had been killed by one of our arrows and that if we did not bring forth the culprit who committed this crime then he would take one member from each clan and hang them at sundown each day until the killer was brought to him"

The youth swallows this mouthful and then takes a few more berries tossing them into his mouth before saying "I was the person chosen from my clan to be held and I think the first to be hung, so I legged it out of the clanhouse that was holding me, I got a bit further down the road before they caught up with me and dragged me back" a sudden smile appears on his face as he says "but I got away again, I think I spoiled their plans" and then he shifts in his seat and says "I made for the hills so they could not catch me with their horses again, I saw your fire and hoped that you were not the Dagens men either"

The youth then looks to the fire to see how the broth is coming....
GM
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:50 am

'Broth will be warm but it lacks most of everything, our own supplies are a little low.. So the were all your captors the Dagan's dogs, or was it merely the mounted men." Algared looks to his compans. Turning back to the youth he says, "Well young apprentice, I am Algared." Algared wishes that they were better supplied and rested and had men enough to toute the Dagan form the Storzar's land. And knows that it is their own presence that has and is bringing hardship to the the lads people and lapses a moment of quiet reflection before sighing deeply.

Kugald Speaks as soon as Algared has introduced himself. "Introductions are best carried out formally by a skald", he says with a wry smile and motions to Jurri. "The stage is yours my friend."
Algared
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 52
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Jurri will stand and introduce the various members of the warband, beginning with Kugald and ending with himself. He'll do more than provide a name, giving a short (one or two minute) summary of each man's feats. This will all be with the customary level of exaggeration (bragging being part of the culture), but based on truth. The intent is to make each sound properly Heroic (tm) in their own way. It will also make clear (if it wasn't already) that we are not friends of the invaders.

Oratory (Skaldic Poetry) ML83 (93?)
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 51
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Throughout the initial introductions Barak will keep his spear levelled at Emil's chest. Carried away with Jurri's rhetoric and not wanting to destroy his new hero status Barak rests his spear at ease before addressing Emil "I am sorry about your family and thran, but there is nothing I can do for them".

He turns to Kugald "Since Emil has escaped from the Dagen's men, they will soon be on his trail. We may be able to avoid the horses up here, but we won't evade the hunting dogs. I suggest we break camp as soon as we can and move on out. Emil can tell us how he escaped since it might help us to know what we're facing."

Turning, he asks Emil "Do you have any gear with you? I am guessing you are just glad to have escaped with your life, but if you are coming with us you'll need to be able to pull your own weight." before adding "Kuguld I take it we're taking Emil with us. At least until he is safely away from this thran."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:02 am

"Barak you are right, whether or not Emil travels with us we will have to break camp and move since the hunting dogs will lead the Dagan's men here. Of course I doubt the hunters would expect to become the prey. but with food rations running low..." Kugald looks at Algared, knowing that Algared would have raised the very point and smiles as Algared seems to turn a bright red as if caught out in his thoughts. "...We should move closer towards home and friends as well as try to replenish our supplies once more."

Kugald anger rises briefly as he continues, "I wish we were able to save this thran's people from the Dagan but any action we take will only bring greater hardship upon them unless every clansman packed up and left as well or we were at the head of a Menglanian army."

Kugald looks to Emil, "I am sorry Emil but without knowing how many many of the Dagan's men are in the village we would not be in a position to help your people, and what help we offered would be shortlived when the Dagan returned. You are welcome to travel with us."

Algared pipes up and asks "Emil what Thran are your from and do you know how close you are to Daaslund? Kugald surely the ford would be defendable were the Daas and the local thrans men able to block it." Algared's words trail off as even he begins to realise that blocking the ford, relying on the arrival of a Daas force and clearing the Dagan's men from this corner of Storzarlund would be near impossible to achieve. Almost as a plea Algared says. "Surely we can do something, to do nothing feels honourless."
Algared
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 52
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:05 am

"In the wilderness you have to take care of your own Algared, other people's problems are thier own. I'd willingly ambush and kill the Dagen's men; but the reprisals will be all the greater."

When the discussions die down, Barak will gather together his gear and prepare to move out.

"Emil, do you know these hills? Can you direct us quickly to Daaslund?"

Regardless of the answer, Barak will still use his best judgement when leading the group. He is aware that Emil maybe leading them straight in to a trap.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:37 am

While Emil sits by the fire he listens to the conversation taking place. "I fear I have brought you all into more trouble, no I will not stay with you, the Dagens men are looking for me, I will take my leave of you, could I ask a favour" he pauses for a moment before adding "could anyone spare a dagger?"
GM
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:38 am

"Emil," Algared says, "As I see it the Dagan's dog troops will find our trail once they follow you to this camp. For my part, for good or ill I would say you stay with us. You will have a better chace surviving than you will alone. And if you know these hills all the better. And an extra pair of eyes could be the difference between ambushing the foe or being ambushed."

Looking to his companions Algared asks 'What say you?'

Kugald waits for Jurri, Borryg and Barak to answer Algared's question but says to Emil, "Lad you disturbed my slumber and have eaten my berries, will you know show distain for my table? After our feast, Kugald smiles wryly, "I will give you my decision. Either way I will see to it you have a dagger and maybe a little extra."

Leaving Emil in Algared's care briefly Kugald goes to pack he bags inorder to leave as soon as the early breakfast is eaten. He then returns telling Algared to go pack and be ready to move. Tired as he is Algared nods and moves off to pack.


Last edited by Algared on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 52
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:13 pm

"I, I, I meant no offence or slight at your offering of hospitality" the youth stammers, as he looks to Borygg, Barak and Jurri for support.

Emil stares into the fire for a few moments before saying "The Dagen's men are looking for me and their dogs will have my scent, maybe from here the dogs may be confused by everyone's smell that it will give me more time to make my escape but either way me staying with you will only make their hunt easier against us all."

There is a pause as Emil seems to contemplate before saying "Besides you have a clan to return to and I know nothing of these hills" then looking at the warband he says "the Dagens men will not leave the thran before first light anyway, so I would say remain here for the night but get away with the sunrise"
GM
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum