From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 Peonu 720

+4
Algared
Jurri Grebel
Borygg Raal
GM
8 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

14 Peonu 720 - Page 6 Empty Re: 14 Peonu 720

Post  GM Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:47 am

Time: Beginning 5th watch

By the time the warband has gathered in the meadhall the crowd has gathered. The hall is full with people spilling outside into the night.

The noise in the hall is loud and the atmosphere is boistrous. Jabors family and servants work feverantly to keep up with demand. You are served a jug of ale, which is quickly followed by a jug of mead. You are served with a meal of pork knuckles, ham steaks and mix of overcooked vegetables, followed by a platter cheese and rye bread.

Jabor declines your offer for payment (although he happily takes Bjarni's and Sigrun's money) for any of the food or drink.

Your jug of mead seems magical as it seems to refill itself without ever having emptied.

The hall is full of familiar faces some of those that stayed behind and some of those that made the trip to Froyby with the warband. All greet the warband warmly and exchange stories of their 'adventures'.

While sitting and chatting a young lad pushes through the meadhall doorway - like so many others this night, however, he pulls up once he is inside and scans the crowd. Finally noticing the warband seated at the bench he pushes his way through the crowd till he is next to you - he looks from one warrior to the other for a moment and then finally his gaze settles on Kugald (the closet to him) "The Daas cannot see you tonight, but has asked that you present yourselves to him by the end of the second watch on the morrow" he waits long enough to ensure Kugald has understood and then departs the hall.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:30 am

Sigrun Surenaal wrote:"...some knights of Agrik and their men. I think they're still here. I forget their destination, but I hope they've come to fight for the Daas."

Jurri groans when he hears this. "Or kill me."

He recovers and offers a smile to the new faces at the table. "Well met, Sigrun! Well met, Bjarni! I promise I will tell you our tale, but first I must find out about these men of Agrik...was one of them named..."

His voice trails off as his gaze falls on a group of four men sitting by themselves at a table across the room. "...Rulin Hourdaren."

"Friends," he says quietly, "This may get unpleasant..."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:38 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Jurri, well met.

My family name was Daas before my Grandad left these parts. His name was Knut, brother of Yalan Daas who was a Valhakar of Clan Daas here half a century ago."

Jurri's brow furrows. "Yalan Daas? The Yalan Daas I know of was no valhakar, but a powerful merchant. At least, he was, until Skorri Daas came along."

Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:18 am

Jurri Grebel wrote:
Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Jurri, well met.

My family name was Daas before my Grandad left these parts. His name was Knut, brother of Yalan Daas who was a Valhakar of Clan Daas here half a century ago."

Jurri's brow furrows. "Yalan Daas? The Yalan Daas I know of was no valhakar, but a powerful merchant. At least, he was, until Skorri Daas came along."

"Mmmm, well, old men and their deeds are often embellished in the telling."

"Friends," he says quietly, "This may get unpleasant..."

Bjarni looks across at the people Jurri referenced. Are these the same men he travelled with from Vulenheim?

Post by GM Yes they are! The men seated in the meadhall are the four knights that travelled onboard the Oceanracer with you but there is no sign of the twenty men at arms they brought with them.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:17 am

Algared once he realises his cup seems to not empty and doesn't drink as haertily as the rest seemed to, having heard the message for Kugald and the band that at the end of the second watch they are to present themselves before the Daas, Algared doesn't desire to be hung over or be felling seedy.

Algared would have liked to return home as soon the messenger arrived but now deliberately stays if only to offer support to his friend, something he would have done having learnt of his loss but more so in case his friend is right and trouble may seek them or at least one of them out.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:14 am

Barak's stories present the warband as heros, over coming legions of giant wolves, out-whiting crowds of ghosts, climbing the highest mountains, and sailing the swiftest rivers, not to mention leading the whole of the Dagen's army on a merry chase. Barak is tired after his long trek, and the mead and good food make him even more sleepy. Concious of just how much mead he is drinking he tried to slow down a bit, but doing so is more difficult than expected.

To Jurri he says in a low voice "If you think these men are not your friends, perhaps you should go out through the kitchen and head off for home before they spot you."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:14 pm

"Jurri, it is your choice, but you are among friends...and entire hall worth of friends. No Menglanan is going to take a stranger's side over yours. However, if you go outside, you will be alone. Finish your ale and we will all head out together."

Kugald too could use some sleep. He finishes up his beer and some food.

"Let's go. We have a rendezvous with the Daas tomorrow. I don't want to be late."

This is somewhat shocking, Kugald stopping drinking before he is drunk and passes out. Strange.

He stands up and waits for the others.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Jurri agrees with the advice, especially since it doesn't appear that his foes have noticed him yet. He'll stand up to leave when the group does. With any luck, he can forestall a confrontation until after they've met with the Daas.

Provided they get outside without notice, he'll explain:

"I offended the commander of the "Companions of the Roving Doom" in Vulenheim. They are not gifted with much humor, unfortunately, and have tried to kill me. Twice. Despite that, I'm certain that I'm not the reason they are here -- they'd only need four or five men if that were the case. They are outspoken supporters of the Storzar against Ibanvaal."

Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Sigrun pulls Kugald aside as he stands up. She leans in and asks, "Can you help me to see the Daas?"
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Kugald smiles at Sigrun. "That depends, what do you want to see the Daas for? He is a busy man. Even us," he gestures to the warband, "with important information have to wait a day to see him."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:32 pm

"First, I would thank him for attempting to free Froyby. Then, I would offer to help. There are a lot of boats docked here now, and I'd be surprised if there are enough skilled pilots to go around. Whatever happens next, it looks like it will be on the water, and that's where my skills lie."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:15 am

"Aye, and skilled seaman will be needed too. I also would see the Daas to bring greetings from his kin in Orbaal and pledge my sword, if'n I had one, to his cause."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Barak also rises and makes his way over towards the meadhall's main door. He casually steps outside and takes a look around before returning. [OoC: Does he see anything to alarm him?]

Post by GM No
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:10 pm

When Kugald and Jurri rise to leave for the night Algared rises with them bidding the their table companions a good night. Once out side he will walk with Jurri and Kugald and his friends for bit before heading home. He will sit out side for a while and meditate upon, or rather collect his thoughts. Finally he enters finds his bed and and lets sleep take him.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Once Jurri is safely home, Kugald will head off to his own clanhouse and get the first full, deep night's sleep in weeks.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:07 pm

"I'll meet you at the thranhall in the morning" Barak says to Algared, Jurri and Kugald before watching them disappear into the night. Barak returns to the table and says good night to Borygg, Bjarni and Sigrun. He returns to his room and makes himself confortable for the night. Uneased by Jurri's reaction his sleeps with his hunting knife to hand.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Jurri will take extra precautions before going to sleep. He'll have a weapon within reach, but covered. Also, he'll place his horseshoe atop the door so it will fall onto the threshold if the door is opened (I am presuming either a wood floor or at least a stone threshold if the floor is earthen; if neither, he'll place something there to make noise.

(ooc: Jurri is employed by the Daas, so I assume he sleeps somewhere in the Daas compound. As a skald, he's not really that connected anymore to his birth clan, so living among the Grebels doesn't fit. He's really only a Grebel because there was no way to change his name after my initial character concept got changed.)
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Sigrun sleeps wherever she has been sleeping. On the Oceanracer perhaps.
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Borygg leaves with the rest of the group and returns to his room at the Orbaasen house.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Jurri is welcome to sleep in Kugald's clanhouse.

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:41 am

Time: 5th watch - End 6th watch

During the night the warband has been approached by numerous men from around Ygesdram, taking a place at the table they exchange stories of their adventures and some of the gaps get filled in about the attack on the Daas near Lihea.

Ibanvaal landed men in Lihea during the night and were able to quickly storm the fortifications and retake the thran without word getting away to the Daas. When the Dagens army marched south the Daas withdrew ahead of him but ran into several hundred of the Dagen's warriors defending the thran. The Dagen's men had found a superior position and the Daas with few options launched an assault agains the enemy line.

The battle last long enough for mounted riders from the Dagen's force from the north to arrive and engage against the Daas' rearguard. Trapped between two enemy forces the Daas renewed the efforts of his men and finally ruptured the Dagen's line and were able to make their escape south. The Ibanvaal riders were quick to pursue though and wrought much havoc upon the Daas rearguard who would form, fight then retire time and time again. Luckily night was not to far away and the Daas was able to use the night to put further distance between him and the pursuing Ibanvaal forces.

It was not until the followind day that the Daas was able to take stock of his losses, these did not seem high but the march through the mountains with wounded and hungry men also took its toll so that only two hundred men were able to make is safely to Ygesdram.

A small rearguard was posted near the mountain pass entry but there was no pursuit, either the Dagen had considered his job done or had lost the trail. The rearguard waited several days and with no pursuit forthcoming and supplies quickly dwindling they soon joined their companions on the march home.

With the evenings festivities now drawing to a close the warband leave the meadhall to return to their clanhouses. The cool night bites against the exposed skin of the warband as they depart the warmth of the meadhall. With offer to sleep at Kugald's clanhouse tonight Jurri is to tired to argue and agrees to spend the night there.

Barak returns to the meadhall to find Sigrun and Bjarni still there. They have arranged for accomodation in the hall for the last few nights.

Algared wanders the thran for awhile before returning to his clanhouse, by the time he arrives most of his family have already retired for the night only his mother is there to greet him and bid him a good nights rest.

Leaving the warband outside Kugalds clanhouse, Borygg returns to the Orbaason clanhouse. The clanhouse is dark when he enters and lighting a candle he makes his way to his sleeping pallet, extinguishes the candle and drifts off to sleep.

Jurri under the protection (not that he needs it) of his companions makes his way to Kugald's clanhouse the night is late but light still shines from within. Kugalds family are still up worried about their kin, after making a sleeping pallet up for Jurri, Kugalds family sit and chat for awhile to their long lost kin. Kugald soon begs his pardon stating that he must meet with the Daas early on the morrow, so should get some rest. Like his companions he quickly drifts off to sleep next to an already snoring Jurri.

Finally the meadhall shuts its doors to the drinking patrons, the tables and benches are stacked along the walls of the hall and sleeping pallets are laid out on the hall floor. There is little room in the hall this night as there are quite a few extra bodies now accomodated here. Soon the hall is quite except for the slight snoring of several patrons and Barak quickly drifts off to sleep followed by Bjarni and Sigrun.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6