From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 Peonu 720

+5
Kugald Daas
Sigrun Surenaal
Barak Daas
Algared
GM
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

16 Peonu 720 - Page 4 Empty Re: 16 Peonu 720

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:37 am

Does the skald get introduced? If so, does Jurri recognize the name?

Post by GM No you do not recognise the name
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:40 am

Does the Skald have any jewellry that may indicate indicate who they are. A signet ring, a pendant.

How was the skald introduced? As the visitor/traveller/local scribe.

Post by GM He is introduced by name only - it is the mark of the skald that tells you his profession
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Bjarni will ask one of his shipmates "Whose side are these Maar on?"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:56 am

Kugald says, "Thank you, Taarin, for your generous hospitality. We have been traveling recently, and good food and drink, friendly company and a warm, dry place to sleep is very welcome."

He enjoys the evening, taking the opportunity to eat as much as is offered until he is full. He drinks, but in moderation so as to not get drunk.

He circulates among the crew, chatting with everyone and catching up on how everyone is doing. Kugald says, "Everyone is welcome to sleep in the hall tonight. Before we go to bed, I will take a walk down to the boat to check all is well. Anyone who wishes to come along may join me."

TTYL

- Kerry

(From Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, Canada...check that out on Google if you want to...)
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:26 am

Kugald Daas wrote:"Anyone who wishes to come along may join me."
At those words, Barak rises and makes his way over to Kugald.

Last edited by Barak Daas on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:28 am

Algared returns to the boat.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:44 am

Sigrun eats quietly and observes. What is the mood of our hosts?

Sigrun will sleep in the hall.

Post by GM The mood in the hall is light, everyone seems to be having a good time. The ale flows freely, there is laughter at things that are funny. But there is just a hint that something darker is lurking very much in the background. It could be the coming war (Maar as yet are not at war) with Ibanvaal or it might be something affecting the thran that you are not aware of.
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:47 am

Borygg at first wants to join Kugald but hesitates when he sees Barak and Algared get to their feet first. He thinks it will seem odd if the entire band leaves and doesn't want to risk slighting the host. He'll give Jurri a quizzical look, then remain in his seat.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:10 am

Kugald, Barak and Algared head out of the hall. Kugald waves to his host. "I will be back shortly, I just want to check on my boat and grab a few things for the night."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:24 am

At Kugald's words, Borygg changes his mind. Going to the boat to retrieve his bedroll won't be seen as odd or disrespectful. He'll tell Jurri, Sigrun, or any others still seated that he will make sure to grab their bedrolls as well, then accompany those headed to the boat.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:29 am

Bjarni will stay in the hall.

"Borygg, can you bring me my blanket from my sea-chest as well? Thanks shipmate."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:50 am

Time: Early 6th watch

Kugald, Algared, Barak and Borygg leave the hall and return to the boat. You walk through the pouring rain on your way back to the boat, the ground has become muddy and slippery in places. By the time you have reached the boat you are all soaked through. The awning that was erected is still in place and flaps with each gust of wind. The wind has swung around now and gusts in from the south west, the temperature has dropped somewhat and the wind bites through your clothes to chill you to the bone.

It will be a cold, wet and miserable night aboard the boat with no fire to keep you warm

Meanwhile back inside the hall sharing the warmth of the hearth fire Sigrun, Bjarni, Jurri and Zeuol remain enjoying the hospitality of your host Taarin.

Once aboard the boat you see that the equipment you have stored remains dry with only a few items being slightly damp and of these none will be affected by getting wet and will be easy to dry.

Borygg gathers the sleeping gear for his companions and makes his way back to the hall along with Kugald, leaving Barak and Algared back on the boat.

Last edited by GM on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected spelling)
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:19 am

Kugald surveys the boat as he collects his bedroll.

"Cousins, the weather is fit for neither man nor beast. We have had to endure nights in the cold and rain on our trek through Ibanvaalese held territory. Tonight, we are guests at a thran. You don't have to stay on the boat if the weather is going to be this bad. Sigrun says we need to leave early. I leave it up to you, but I won't ask you to stay here in the cold and wet when there is a warm hall nearby."

He returns to the hall with his bedroll. With Borygg's help, they carry the bedrolls of the others.

TTYL

- Kerry

Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:19 am

Back in the hall, at some stage Bjarni will ask the skald if he has any news of Orbaal and Harn.

Post by GM The older man looks to you and with smile and says "From your accent I gather you are from Orbaal, perhaps you could tell me!" he smiles and adds "I have never been there"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:44 am

Time: Mid 6th watch - End 6th watch

Barak and Algared adjust the awning to shelter them from the wind and rain, after some struggling as the awning catches the wind it is finally tied off. They soon turn their hand to preparing a sleeping area for themselves and while Barak turns in for the night, Algared remains awake sitting near the bow of the boat where he has prepared his bedding. The wind cuts across the open boat, the awning offering a little protection from the wind.

Finding what little protection there is Algared sits and tries to meditate and to relax himself.

The night remains wet and uncomfortable as the rain falls loudly against the awning as the wind causes the awning to flap with a crack that sprays rain drops over both of you causing you to wake intermittantly during the night.

Kugald and Borygg return to the hall where you find the rest of your companions where you left them. Sitting around the hearth fire enjoying its warmth. Both Kugald and Borygg find a seat near the fire and quickly its heat pushes the cold away as you feel its warmth pour over you. Your wet clothing begins to dry out as you remain near the fire.

Taarin and the rest of his companions sit around the fire for awhile longer exchanging stories and news until he bids you good night and Taarin and his men retires from the hall but not before ensuring that pallets with straw filled mattresses are provided for each of you and placed near the fire.

A servant places several more large pieces of wood on the fire to keep the hall warm during the night.

Once your bedding is prepared only the crackling of the burning timber and the patter of the falling rain remains as the rest of the hall falls into silence.

Dry and warm you quickly fall asleep.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4