From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17 Peonu 720

+5
Barak Daas
Borygg Raal
Sigrun Surenaal
Algared
GM
9 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

17 Peonu 720 - Page 4 Empty Re: 17 Peonu 720

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:03 pm

Jurri will look for a new tunic -- something fit for wearing in the presence of the king, and perhaps some leggings/trousers as well.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:20 am

Algared will also considers how worn his best tunic or the serge clothes he are overly worn, he will look to price a tunic that fits comfortably and has a fine cut to replace his best tunic especially if it is stained and worn. Similarly he seeks the prices a pair of leggings and a dress cloak, lengths of tablet weave suitable for applying to collars, cuffs and hems and a supply of needles and threads suitable for maintaining his clothes. Knowing his coin is limited he decides that he may need to forgo some items but waits to find the pricing of each before deciding what he will aquire.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:07 am

Bjarni looks wistfully at the fine cloth and realises that he really, really needs to get some silver. If he can find a length of fabric that will make a cloak, he will price it. It is not every day that you go to see a king, even if it is a foreign one.

Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:38 am

[OoC: Whilst the others talk Barak looks around. What is the workshop like? Are there finished clothes on display, to buy off the peg? Are there what appear to be second-hand items on sale? Are there bolts of cloth to choose your material from? etc.]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:40 am

You have entered the workshop via a door located near the middle of the short end of the building. The 'showroom' extends along the width of the building and is some 15ft in width. The room is lit by several laterns hanging from the wall.

There are several bolts of cloth on display along with various samples of furs and other trimmings. There are no items on display nor hanging from racks.

"Buying these dresses, mmmm" he says scratching his chin "that would be for Hurvaald to decide" holding out his hand he adds "what do you have to sell"

Then turning to Jurri he says "Certainly, we have a fine selection of cloth for such a meeting, come let me take some measurements, then we can select which cloth you like and then with some needle and thread and just a touch of magic you will have your new clothing" he says as he mimicks the sewing action and then puts on a big smile.

"I see you all require our service" he says "I will attend each in turn, good patrons"

"Now first, let me see if the master is interested in these dresses!" he takes the items from Barack and then retires behind a door on the far side of the room.

Please post you requirements in a new thread in your private conversations
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:24 am

An older man perhaps in his late forties enters the room and with a nod to all says "These" holding up the dresses "I will give you 48d for this one" as he holds up the yellow russet gown "and though I am loathe I will offer you 100d for this one" as he holds up the red gown.

Then without even waiting for an answer he sees Jurri standing near you "AH! The great skald has graced our workshop, young Survell! I have heard you play often while you visit with my family"

Algared and Bjarni turn and leave the workshop leaving only Jurri, Kugald and Barak.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:57 am

GM wrote:Then without even waiting for an answer he sees Jurri standing near you "AH! The great skald has graced our workshop, young Survell! I have heard you play often while you visit with my family"

Jurri will smile broadly and give a courteous bow. "And it has ever been my honor to do so!"

"May I introduce my traveling companions? This is Kugald and Barak (motions to each in turn), both of clan Daas from Ygesdram." Turning to his companions, he then introduces the older man, "This is Horvald Stahler, well-respected among those who attend the Vulenheim great hall." Not pausing, he looks back at Horvald, "I hope we have not disrupted your work too much, but we are in need of finer attire than these hard-worn travel clothes."

Jurri pauses to give Kugald his opening...
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:53 am

Whilst Kuguld gathers his thoughts, Barak responds to Horvald "I am sorry but I can't accept a price so low. Thank you for valuing them. Perhaps we can do business when I have more coin, then these might be worth more in barter than in silver."

Barak will take back the dresses carefully fold them up and put them back in the sack, listen to the conversation between the other three as he does so.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Nodding his head to both Barak and Kugald in greeting as he is introduced.

"Barak, I have offered you a fair price for each dress" with a nod he adds "granted these would be worth much more new, but alas, the stitching is not so fine and the cut, well let me just say it out of fashion amongst the women of Vulenheim. If you find a fool to purchase these dresses please give me his name so that we can share his coin around" laughing at this last comment.

"If I were to buy these from you, I would only do so if I thought I was able to resell them and resell them for a profit at that!" Horvald says adding "I would be honoured to be able to fit you for clothes Master..." Horvald catches himself "Journeyman skald. So tell me Jurri for what purpose do you need?"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:03 am

[OoC: Kerry are you going to post? :-) Or has Kuguld decided he dosn't need a new shirt?]

Barak responds "Horvald, I am sure you have offered me a good price, it is just that I don't think it is enough to be able to purchase what I want. I'd like a sealskin or leather vest and leggings. If I was to order something from you would you be able to give me a better price, since you would not be loosing any silver on the deal?"

"There are some other incidentals I am after, which I don't know if you can sell me." He counts them off on his fingers "One, some needles and linen thread so we can repair our clothes in the wilds; two, twenty feet of woven braid; three a hunter's bag; and four, a silk purse."

[OoC: Barak will describe a "hunter's bag" bag if required]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:58 am

"I see" says Horvald as Barak rattles off his wish list.

"I will trade 3 yards of pattern worsted wool, a set of bone needles (4 in the set) and a suitable quantity of thread" he pauses for a moment "lets call it 100ft of thread for the dresses"

"As for your leather leggings you will have to see Nei I do not deal in leather goods and he does not deal in clothing - its the way of things here"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:50 am

"Ah, a fine deal I sure" says Barak "Since the good you are willing to trade are for my friend, I will have to check with him if he wants it that much. Please excuse me, I will be back if we have a deal."

Barak leave the tailor (with his dresses). He nods to Jurri and Kuguld on the way out, leaving them to complete their purchases. He joins Algarad and Bjarni outside and speaks to Algarad about the braid etc.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Kugald looks around the establishment. He examines some of the cloth, but doesn't find anything to his liking. He nods to the owner. "Thank you, but I think I will pass on buying anything today." He steps outside the establishment and stretches. Kugald waits patiently for the others to finish.

When they come out, "Gentlemen, I have been thinking, we really shouldn't linger too long. We need to get to Pelyn as soon as possible. I am willing to forgo a bath and new clothes and just get going..."

He looks around at the others, "Anyone REALLY need something, or can we board the ship and leave with the tide?"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:26 pm

"I am happy to move on. I can't afford the tailor's prices. I've see Sigrun a couple of times, she'll probably be back at the ship by now."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:43 am

"I can't afford the prices either, and unless you decide there is something we must have for the band then we are done here Kugald. I would have liked to ensure we had what supplies we needed for the physicians kit, we have bandages, but I was really just hoping to aquire some very fine thread. Sometimes an injury may need stitching before the healing skills of my order will be able to have an impact and not leave scaring that either disfigures or maims." Algared says and then adds "but I would rather we push the Farvie hard and get this mission done, I am keen to return and if possible help defend our homes, come lets return to the boat. I'll see about cooking up a hot meal."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:55 am

With the hour getting late, the merchants market is all clear of traders and only a few pedestrians can be seen wandering about their business as they pass through the market place.

With Bjarni, Algared standing outside they are soon joined by Barak and Jurri and the warband returns to the boat.

There is still no sign of Sigrun until after dark when she returns to the boat.

With the coming of night the temperature begins to drop, turning his head skyward Barak says "the clear night sky means a cold night, but at least there will be no rain"

Kugald, Sigrun and Bjarni turn the heads skyward and after a quick look about nod their heads in agreement.

GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:53 am

Upon returning to the boat Algared, prepares a meal for the band to provide something warm. Lastly he suggests the awnings be set up and everyone get some rest.

Putting on the serge woolens over his linen undershirt and leggings he then settles down to mediatate and reflect before going to bed. All things being equal I'll fast tomorrow, Algared thinks to himself, so that I may be reminded of Sarajin's mercy ansd provision and so honour him.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:02 am

"Let's eat and then find a place to sleep. There should be room at the Warboat. We're up before first light again."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:16 pm

"Sounds like a good idea. Algared has already started to prepare dinner. I am planning to sleep on the boat tonight, but any who wish may join Sigrun and sleep at the "Warboat". We cast off with the tide, just before dawn."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:37 pm

After paying for his clothing, Jurri will say goodbye to Horvald and join his companions.

Once he secures the clothes somewhere safe from the elements, he'll plan on sleeping aboard the ship tonight.

Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:56 am

"I am for a good night in a warm taproom. But no sleeping in, lads."

Last edited by Bjarni Daasen on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:30 am

Looking up from his cooking Algared says with a smile, "What little coin I have can stay in my pouch, I'll enjoy the Daas' hospality tonight as well" he says motioning the Farvie. looking towards the waterskins Algared then adds. "Can someone take all the waterskins and see they are refilled, better to ensure the water skins are filled whenever we have the chance."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:59 am

Borygg will grab a few waterskins and head back into the thran to where the well is. He will spend the night on the boat, taking a turn at the watch.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:02 pm

So who is staying with the boat and who is heading off into town.....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Barak stays with the boat and helps Algared cook.

"We're going to have to do something with those fishheads. Either chuck the baited line over the side and see what we get, or chuch the basket's content in the sea."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next