From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18 Peonu 720

+5
Borygg Raal
Jurri Grebel
Sigrun Surenaal
Algared
GM
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

18 Peonu 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 18 Peonu 720

Post  GM Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:02 pm

The shorter of the two guards feabily waves his arm towards the greathall indicating you are allowed entry.

You make your way towards the largest building within the thranaal. An guard stands near the only door you can see as you approach. Nearing the man you can see that he is a giant of a man, nearly dwarfing Bjarni in stature. He carries a spear but no shield, a ring byrnie covers his torso all the way down to his thighs and forearms, a plate 3/4 helm hangs from his belt along with a handaxe and sword and several beltpouches (probably holding personal effects). A woollen tunic and leggings can be seen underneath his armour.

As you near the door the guard holds up his hand "Well met, whats your business here this day?" he says politely but matter of factly.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Kugald bows politely and then repeats his introduction, "Hail, good sir."

"My name is Kugald Daas, uncle's-son to the Daas. I come bearing a message from my liege lord, Cunate Daas, to the King."

"Time is of the essence. I seek an audience with the King as soon as possible to present milord's message. I have been instructed to bring his response back to Ygesdram immediately afterwards."

He awaits the guard's response.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:33 am

The guard waves you through the doorway and into the mainhall.

Your attention is immediately drawn to the four men standing at the western side of the hall, they are dressed similiar to the guard who admitted you to the hall. Although they do not carry spears, they are armed with hand axes and swords. They too are huge beasts of men and are well above average height. They all eye you off warily as you enter. Several plainly dressed servants go about their business in the hall moving about with quiet speed.

The hall is about 100ft long by about 50ft wide. The floors are wooden and the ceiling is about 25ft above your heads. A bench runs around most of the southern and northern walls and all the way along the eastern wall. Several tables are placed around the hall in a roughly U shape from the eastern side of the hall. Three large hearth firepits dominate the centre of the hall. The coat of arms of the great clans adorns the walls of the hall. The Daas coat of arms is located along the southern wall between the door you entered and another located about 40ft further to the west. Four men dressed similiar to the man who showed you into the hall stand near the western wall.

There are 5 other entry points into this hall, the first is a double doorway in the western wall near the south west corner, the second is an opening that leads to a stone floor in the north western corner, the next entry point is in the northern wall in the north western corner, it seems this exit leads to another room, the next two are along the southern wall, the first closest to the sourth western corner is closed, while the second is open and apparently leads to another room.

You are only waiting for a short time before you are greeted by an extremely well dressed man, of moderate stature and average height, some might say he is an attractive man. He looks to be in his early thirties, a ginger beard platted twice into a fork hangs from his chin, his red hair is over shoulder lenght and tied off neatly behind his head. He wears polished leather calf boots with blue worsted woollen leggings, a grey worsted woollen tunic, under which you can see a linen undershirt. He carries several beltpouches from a leather belt tied off around his waist.

"Well met men of Daas, I am Uthgaar Stahler, aide chamberlain to the King. I am told you have a message for our King?" he asks rhetorically and before you are able to answer he adds "Please, I will see he gets it immediately" holding out his hand for the message.

Then aiming a finger at one of the servants he calls "Shella, bring these men some drink and something to eat"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:45 am

Bjarni leans to his comrades and says quietly "with his ears let him listen, and look with his eyes, the wise man spies out the way, as my old grandad used to say"

Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Kugald bows politely to the chamberlain. He takes out the message for the King and presents it with both hands to the man.

"Thank you, good sir, your offer of hospitality is much appreciated. As you are probably aware, things are 'turbulent' in Daaslund. My liege directed me to pass this message to the King and await his response. Is a rapid response likely? Should we wait here in the hall after we finish our meal in case the King has any questions of us?"

He waits a response.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:05 am

Uthgaar replies "I know not what is in the message you bear, nor the mind of my leige" he smiles politely "I shall relay your message to the King immediately given its urgency!" he adds.

After taking the message he waves at the tables behind you "Please, have a seat, our girl will be with you directly"

With another nod Uthgaar turns and leaves the hall via the double doors in the south west corner of the hall.

Taking a seat at the nearby table you sit and wait for a little while until the serving girl reappears bearing a jug of ale and a tankard for each of you, the girl then retires without a word before reappearing almost immediately again bearing a tray this time containing oatcakes, dried meats and dried fruits.

"Will that be all" the girl almost sings, her voice sounds delightful to your ears.

The guards remain relaxed as they hover around the north western corner.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:08 am

"Well, there are no prizes for coming second" says Bjarni as he sets to.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:28 am

Algred thanks the girl and drinks but refrains from eating as he continues his fast, Well a fast to honour Sarajin is no fast if there is no food. Algared thinks to himself and sighs. Looking up as they sit he says to Zaoul, "Well friend we have an Ale, you were going to tell me where your your fortunate to study."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:16 am

GM wrote:"Will that be all" the girl almost sings, her voice sounds delightful to your ears.

Jurri smiles, "Shella -- is that your name? You have an excellent voice; do you sing for guests of your lord?"
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:20 am

The girl looks to be in her late teens, she has a slight build and a little under average height, her plain looks are made the better by her long blonde hair tied back into a single pony tail that reaches most of the way down her back. The girl blushes when you speak to her "Yes my name is Shella, thankyou for your kind words" he eyes flick around the group "Oh no" she answers quickly "My King has skalds for such occassions" she seem embarressed by this attention as she struggles to hold your gaze...
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Jurri is unfazed. "If you were a skald, what would you sing of?"

(He will continue to try to coax her into singing until she either leaves or her master returns and matters of state take precedence.)
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:40 am

"I sing sometimes when I am about my chores" she says but she clearly looks embaressed by the attention. "Shella, get about your duties" calls one of the guardsmen from across the hall.

The girl looks at him startled and then with a sheepish grin she nods her head and walks away to go about her other chores.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:03 am

Mindful of their recent privations, Kugald thanks Shella for the food and settles down to help himself. He doesn't seem phased that they have to wait. He would not be surprised if they were called upon to wait several days for the King's reply.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:27 am

You are alone in the hall for a short while before a moderately well dressed man of average height with blonde hair enters the hall. He casts his eyes about the hall quickly before fixing his gaze on the warband.

He makes his way directly towards you, as he nears your group he stops short and says "Greetings and welcome to the King's greathall. I am Wulfgaang of clan Stahler a liason for you while you are here" waving his hand towards an empty seat he adds "May I??".
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:10 pm

Kugald stands politely as the man approaches. "Greetings good sir. I am Kugald Daas, leader of our small group and representative of my cousin, Cunate Daas. These are my friends and companions."

"Please, by all means, have a seat." When the man has sat down, Kugald sits back down as well.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:59 pm

Wulfgaang takes the offered seat and joins the warband "as I am sure you can appreciate the King is quite busy with matters of state. I am to tell you that your message has been delivered to the King and he shall get to it at his earliest convienance" smiling he adds "the King has instructed that you are to be offered all hospitality. so you are invited to attend the evening meal tonight and take your rest here" he says waving his hands towards the benches around the hall.

While Wulfgaang chats with you servants enter the hall and begin to prepare the evening meal.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeuol Djaon Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:22 pm

Algared wrote:Algred thanks the girl and drinks but refrains from eating as he continues his fast, Well a fast to honour Sarajin is no fast if there is no food. Algared thinks to himself and sighs. Looking up as they sit he says to Zaoul, "Well friend we have an Ale, you were going to tell me where your your fortunate to study."

Zeuol leans in foreward to tell a brief tale, for the first time a bronze hexagonal pendant tucked under his tunic is made somewhat visible, "Yes, now's a good a time as any. I had told Bjarni, my clan are travelling scholars, scribes and tutors. My uncle wishing to diversify my education had me venture to to the isle of Harn to a city called Cherafir in Melderyn. My studies focused more on scribes work, but also more esoteric matters." Then with a slight encouraging smile, he asks, "What of yourself Algared, you seem to be a scholar of sorts?"

Jurri Grebel wrote:
GM wrote:"Will that be all" the girl almost sings, her voice sounds delightful to your ears.

Jurri smiles, "Shella -- is that your name? You have an excellent voice; do you sing for guests of your lord?"

The Savoryan Sage enjoy's Jurri's flirting, and takes the offered ale from Shella. He offers her a smile and nod, but no further words, allowing the skald to work his charm.

Kugald Daas wrote:Kugald stands politely as the man approaches. "Greetings good sir. I am Kugald Daas, leader of our small group and representative of my cousin, Cunate Daas. These are my friends and companions."

"Please, by all means, have a seat." When the man has sat down, Kugald sits back down as well.

Following suit with Kugald, Zeuol also stands as the represenative introduces himself, again much like with Jurri, the Ivinian scholar remains silent, allowing the leader of the group to act as the diplomat.
Zeuol Djaon
Zeuol Djaon

Character sheet
Birthdate:

https://menglana.rpg-board.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Algared is about to respond to Zaoul's question when Wulfgaang approaches the table, when told of the invitation to the evening meal, Algared asks, "I am Algared Daas, first cousin to my Valhaker Cunate Daas and the kings offer of hospitality is most welcome. But I some might say foolishly chose this day to fast to help remind me of Sarajin's provision for our band thus far in our travels. I would be honoured to attend the meal but hope should I not partake the meal that such would not be seen as offering insult. If that would be the case I would ask to be excussed to spend time at a shrine to Sarajin."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:01 am

"Never mind Algared, I will honour the King and Sarajin both, by eating your share as well"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:46 am

"I see no affront to your host Algared, are you a priest of Sarajin?" Wulfgaang asks.

Wulfgaang smiles at Bjarni's remarks "it is good to have a friend to watch after you like that" he says to no one in particular.

Soon the hall begins to fill with the smells of cooking food, as the cooking staff come and go bringing buckets of water along with pots and pans for the hearthfire along with assorted foods which are duly placed on the fire.

"It is dire news that Froyaheim has fallen to Ibanvaal. What of the Storzar, stories abound that his head now adorns the walls of his thranhold, while others say he has managed to escape the Ibanvaal boot and is loose in the mountains waging war still and then there are those that say he is now a guest of your Valhakar in Ygesdram?" asks Wulfgaang "given you have come from your cousins hall you probably have the best information on the Storzar"

The ale is kept up (light ale) to quench your thirst.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:28 am

Kugald looks at Algared and Jurri. He takes a slow draught of ale, taking care not to drink too much. He uses the time to think. He knows there is much bad blood between the King's clan (the Stahlers) and Clan Storzar. Although he is no diplomat, he knows he must measure his words carefully. The young weaponcrafter is wary, but decides the truth is his best option at this time.

"I assume we are probably the first to arrive with news from the east. I am not sure what the Daas wrote in his message to the King, but I can tell you what I know."

"The Ibanvaalese invaded last year and captured Froyby and threatened Froyaheim. In an effort to relieve the pressure, the Daas marched his host through the mountains to attack the Ibanvaalese from behind. My cousin, Algared, Jurri and I were part of that force, along with some others in my crew. It was a valiant effort. However, the Ibanvaalese had already marched on Froyaheim. Their numbers were too great. They took Froyaheim and then turned and attacked the Daas host. There were heavy losses. The Daas managed to retreat back over the mountains at great cost. The Storzar managed to escape the fall of Froyaheim with some of his clan and retainers. The Daas has returned to Ygesdram and the Storzar is now his guest."

Kugald takes another draught.

"The Dagen's forces are many. They have forced the warriors of the captured holds to fight for them. The men of Froyby and surrounding holds were forced to lead the attack on the walls of Froyaheim. The slaughter was bloody and no quarter was asked or given."

"What happens next, I do not know. I am the Daas' liegeman. I go where he tells me."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:10 am

GM wrote:"I see no affront to your host Algared, are you a priest of Sarajin?" Wulfgaang asks.

"I am not a priest of Sarajin but I hope i am pious follower who meets the tennets of his teaching and fulfills the Ljarl, but he has kept our band hale and hearty and we have seen with our eyes the manner of the Ibanvaal invasion. Given the protection we have been granted by our god It seemed only fitting to fast."

When further questions are asked Algared lets is older cousin answer.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:43 am

Wulfgaang shrugs his shoulders at Algared's response and replies "I mean no offence Algared but if you need to fast to honour the Grey Slayer, then you must not live the Ljarl to well, for if you live by the Ljarl then that should be honour enough to him" he pauses for a moment before adding "I am not familiar with the ways of Ygesdram and the Daas, if I have offended then I apologise!"

He listens intently to Kugald as he speaks. When Kugald has finished speaking he enquires further into the Ibanvaal forces and the threat they pose. He speaks of military matters and some of his questions lead you to think that he does not have a mind for such.

Wulfgaang continues to ask about the war in the east stating that "he will be better able to inform the King on such things if he can pass on first hand information to him"

He ensures that your tankards are kept full, but he does not impress upon you to drink allowing you to drink your fill at your leisure.

"I see you are a skald" Wulfgaang says to Jurri "perhaps we might impose on you to perform after the meal?"

Finding out about Zeuol and Bjarni not having been involved in the fighting Wulfgaang says to both of you "So you are not part of the Daas warband to march on the Ibanvaal invaders, so what brings you into this warband?"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:03 am

"For my part I hail from Orbaal in Harn. I am a Daasen, related to the Daas. I came north to see a bit of the old country and perhaps find a wife. When I heard about the war here I felt honour bound to aid my kin, distant though they may be."

Post by GM Wulfgaang enters into a little conversation with you about Daasen, he informs you that he has never travelled to Orbaal
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:28 am

The group chats idely while the servants go about preparing the meal. Soon the preparations turn to the hall itself, as the servants go about placing cutlery and plates out in piles ready for use.

With the smells of cooking food and the smoke from the hearth fire wafting through the hall, Wulfgaang advises the warband that a change in seating might be necessary. He informs you that the table you currently sit at is 'owned' by some men of the Vulengaard and to avoid any embarressement perhaps seating elsewhere in the hall might be easier over all.

You relocate to seats on the northern wall, you have no sooner take up your new seats when a bell rings out throughout the thranhold. It is not long after the bell that men begin to file into the hall and take up their seats. It seems as if everyone has a place to be as they enter the hall grab and plate and eating utensils and then make their way to their seats.

Soon the hall is quite full of men and the noise increases as they entertain themselves with conversation. With everyone seated the servants go about serving the meal. Seated at your previous table now sit a half dozen men the size of a small shed. Obviously men of the guard and all look to be able warriors.

You are served a loaf of bread each and a well seasoned pork pottage with goose eggs and a side dish of assorted dried fruit and berries. Wulgaang sits with you as he dines with you....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next