19 Peonu 720

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

19 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Time: Beginning 1st watch - Early 2nd watch

The hall remains dark and relatively quiet through the night and despite sleeping on wooden benches you sleep well. The crackling of the hearth fire and the low rasp of someone snoring is the only thing that disturbs your sleep during the night.

Early in the morning your sleep is disturbed as the servants wake quietly and prepare for the day ahead they leave hall as quietly as possible and do not wake you rather they let you continue your rest.

Continuing your rest for about a half a watch you are soon gently woken by a servant who wakes each of you in turn and then advises you that there is a bowl of water with which to refresh yourself.

You wake and go about your morning routines with the start of a new day...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:51 am

Algared rises, washes, combs his hair and beard and tries to look presentable. He then finds a quiet area to contemplate the ways of the the Shek P'var. Before hopefully breaking the fast.

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:18 am

Kugald awakes and makes himself presentable before going to find a bucket of water to dunk his head in.

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:22 pm

As the warband go about preparing the coming day, servants come and go about the hall as tables are moved into positions and seating is arranged. After the warband have attended to their morning ablutions they are joined by Wulfgaang again.

He invites the warband to join him for the morning meal.

Taking your place at the table where you were seated last night, it is not long before the hall begins to fill with the guardsman coming to break their morning fast.

"Were you comfortable last night?" Wulfgaang asks....

Soon you are served a loaf of rye bread, a bowl of boiled oats and a couple of boiled goose eggs with a tray of dried fruits and berries each.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:09 am

"I slept well thank you, Wulgaang. Although by the way he tossed and turned I suspect Jurri was either dreaming of being at sea or that he had that Shella lass under his blanket"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:24 am

"There I was, outnumbered five to one by the Elkyri. It was incredible."

avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

"Yes, thank you."

"Wulfgaang, may I ask a small favour? Three of my crew members are with our ship, I would like them to join us. Could you send a messenger out to our ship and ask them to join us? I would appreciate it. Thank you."

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Algared nod to Wolfgand, "Aye I slept well indeed and enjoyed the bards sagas.. Thankyou"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Wulgaang nods his head seemingly pleased that everyone slept well and has a wry smile as Jurri speaks of his dream "A true skald hey" he says "never shy with a good story" he adds smiling.

The hall warms as the hearth fires are brought to life with fresh wood, the glow of the fire lighting up most of the hall.

With the morning meal finished servants once again move deftly amid the tables clearing the plates, trays and other assorted eating utensils.

Answering Kugald's question Wulfgaang says "I will see what can done, in the meantime would you care to take a tour of the Vathran?"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:23 pm

"Thank you. On second thought, I will just send my first mate to go see what the crew is up to. Now that I think of it, at least a couple crew members will probably need to stay aboard, including the pilot at very least, so don't worry about it."

He looks over at Bjarni. "Can you go check on the crew?"

"I would love to see around Vathran."

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:08 pm

With the morning meal completed the tables are cleared from the hall and placed in the room along the south wall. Soon the only occupants of the hall are the warband and Wulfgaang.

Wulfgaang nods his head towards Bjarni "If you hurry you may make the crossing before it is flooded".

With Kugald accepting his invitation, he leads the rest of the warband out of the hall and outside. The day is cool with a slight breeze blowing from the north east with most of the sky concealed behind a thick layer of cloud.

You are shown around the vathran, including a visit to Uthrass Vaagel the thrans weaponcrafter. The warband spends some time here as Kugald and Uthrass chat for a while. It seems that Uthrass has not started any works as yet but is clearing his workspace when the warband arrives.

From there you are shown around the thrallhouse, the thrall families are accomoadated in here you are informed. The guards barracks are included in the tour, you are told that this warband of men are fiercely loyal to the King and are brutal, well built and well equipped. You have already noticed several of the guards around the thran. One commonality with all these guardsman is the physique, they are all huge men by your standards. They are known as the Krongaad.

You can see two men standing atop the third level of the stone tower located in the north western corner of the greathall, while another two are seen standing near the gatehouse and several others can be seen going about their duties around the thran.

Although you are not admitted into any of the buildings you are also shown the guardhouse and are informed of the Kings wives accomodations. As part of the tour you are shown the barrow of Pelyn Stahler located near the southern side of the greathall near the Krongaads barracks.

You are lead down to the wall where you are able to view the thran of Pelyn. From your vantage point you are able to see the temple of Sarajin located on the headland near Brogar's island, the high town is also visible to the north on the opposite shore line and between the two you can see most of the thran of Pelyn stretched between.

All the while Wulfgaang talks to you of the buildings and their purposes - he seems quite open with his information
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:21 pm

"Aye Kugald. I will return on the next tide. Thanks for your hospitality Wulfgaang"

Bjarni will take his leave, pay the old pirate for his crossing and make his way to the Farvie. Once there he will tell the others that Kugald wants them to come, or not, as they see fit (at least that is how I read things).

After that he is off to Tael's place to see the lovely Eryna.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Bjarni Daasen wrote:Bjarni will take his leave, pay the old pirate for his crossing and make his way to the Farvie. Once there he will tell the others that Kugald wants them to come, or not, as they see fit (at least that is how I read things).
Borygg will return to the shore with the ferryman and Bjarni, leaving barak and Sigrun aboard the ship. He'll ask Bjarni if there is anything he needs to know to gain access to the thranhold. He doesn't want to just show up and tell the guard, "Yeah, I'm here because my captain sent for me." He needs to know who to say requested or authorized his attendance, etc.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:26 pm

Algared like the remaining members of the warband join Wulfgang on the the tour. He asks questions about the towns history and where certain locations are that were mentioned in the saga if they were mentioned. As they tour the Vathran, Algared asks about the location of a lexiographer or where parchments and paper and inks could be purchased.

if I can study I may be able to create a new enchantment. or write a treatise or two for some of the enchantments I already know. as well as get a journal for recording the Farvie's stores in more detail and in a more ordered way. Algared thinks to himself.


Last edited by Algared on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:29 pm

Borygg Raal wrote:
Bjarni Daasen wrote:Bjarni will take his leave, pay the old pirate for his crossing and make his way to the Farvie. Once there he will tell the others that Kugald wants them to come, or not, as they see fit (at least that is how I read things).
Borygg will return to the shore with the ferryman and Bjarni, leaving barak and Sigrun aboard the ship. He'll ask Bjarni if there is anything he needs to know to gain access to the thranhold. He doesn't want to just show up and tell the guard, "Yeah, I'm here because my captain sent for me." He needs to know who to say requested or authorized his attendance, etc.

"Tell the guard that you are there at the request of Wulfgaang Stahler. That should be all you need to say"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:49 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Tell the guard that you are there at the request of Wulfgaang Stahler. That should be all you need to say"
Borygg will make his way to the vathran and tell the guards he is part of the Daas contingent and that he has been summoned by Wulfgaang Stahler.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:24 am

Nearing the end of your 'tour' you are met by Borygg as he makes his way up the slope. Boyrgg waves as he approaches and joins the warband on the rest of the tour of the vathran.

With the new day and your vantage point on the island you can see the market setting up for the days trading.

The with the tour complete you are shown back into the hall where a single table remains and Wulfgaang offers you a place to sit and quickly orders several jugs of ale be brought to the table.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:54 am

The warband spends most of the morning in the hall, Wulfgaang keeps the warband company most of the time. There are a few occassions where he leaves the hall but he returns quickly and comments on the servants inability to keep to simple tasks

You watch the comings and goings of the servants and guards in the hall, noting that other people enter and leave as they go about their business.

Nearing midday a well dressed man enters the hall through the double doors in the western wall, he bears a note in his right hand. As he approaches he offers the note to Kugald saying "You are to bear this note to your Jarl from the King himself" then with a wry smile he says "We march to war!" he then turns and heads back through the double doors.

Wulfgaang now smiling says "You are welcome to stay for lunch, but perhaps you would be more eager to get under way!"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:46 am

"The Daas desired us back by the 21st we have two and a half days. I say we make haste Cousin." Algared says, But he lets his cousin make the decision, but is ready to rise with him say their fairwells and head for home.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:41 pm


Nearing midday a well dressed man enters the hall through the double doors in the western wall, he bears a note in his right hand. As he approaches he offers the note to Kugald saying "You are to bear this note to your Jarl from the King himself" then with a wry smile he says "We march to war!" he then turns and heads back through the double doors.

Wulfgaang now smiling says "You are welcome to stay for lunch, but perhaps you would be more eager to get under way!"

Kugald smiles wolfishly at the man's announcement the kingdom is going to war. "Excellent." He accepts the note and hands it to Jurri for safekeeping.

"I thank you for your offer of lunch, but as my cousin says, we have but 2 1/2 days to return to the Daas."

He picks up his cloak and stands up.

"Let's be off, we have no time to waste."

He bows to the chamberlain, "I thank you for your hospitality."

Kugald heads out of the hall and makes for the shore, calling for a boat. Once they get to the shore, the group piles on the boat and makes for the ship.

"Hail, Sigrun. We have our response. We need to set sail for Ygesdram as soon as possible."

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Zeuol Djaon on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Zeuol remains quiet and contemplative throughout the day. In the morning he wakes and performs a ritual with water, dabbing it on his forehead, eyes, nose and lips. The process takes a few minutes, but he sits in meditation for a long while after. When everyone is seated for breakfast he joins them, and eats his fill, appearing content.

On the tour, Zeuol enjoys hearing Wulfgaang's explanation and history of the thran and fortification. He lets the man speak without interruption, simply nodding his head every once in a while.

Back at the hall, still in silent reverie, the Savoryan Sage, settles into the spot found by their guide and takes pleasure in the company of the others and the hustle and bustle of the hall.

However, when the messenger arrives with good news young Djaon is stirred to action almost anticipating Kulgald's on reaction. He stands nearly in unison with the man and ties off his cloak. The Zeuol reaches out to clasp Wuflgaang's arm and offers, "My thanks for your hospitality and hosting. I can't even imagine what the company of the King would be like, if this his proxy treats his guests like gold."

With the group departing, Zueol looks back at the hall once more, but then digs in for the journey back to their boat.
avatar
Zeuol Djaon

Posts : 45
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 42
Location : Toronto, ON, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:39 am

The 'Farvie' sits bobbing at anchor near the shoreline, her crew of two performing minor maintenance tasks to occupy their time. Sigrun is the first to notice Bjarni approaching the boat sitting like a whale brought aboard a small whaler his huge frame driving the boat into the sea. Soon he is aboard the 'farvie' and with his few possessions stowed aboard he too helps with the maintenance of the boat.

About a half a watch later is Bjarni that looks up towards Brogar's island and notices a yellow flag flyingn from the flagpole atop the vathrans wall. A group of men leave the gatehouse as the small boat approaches and the group of men board quickly and soon the small boat turns and heads towards the waiting ships at anchor and before long the warband can be seen approaching.

It is not long before the warband are aboard the 'farvie' their gear stowed and back together....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:56 am

[ooc: what time of day is it? third watch? beginning/end?]

Post by GM It is nearing the end of the third watch
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:45 am

"Then we should go now, captain."
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:11 am

Bjarni gets ready to cast off on the Captain's orders.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum