From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

21 Peonu 720

+6
Sigrun Surenaal
Barak Daas
Bjarni Daasen
Eijryk Orbaason
Kugald Daas
GM
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

21 Peonu 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 21 Peonu 720

Post  Algared Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:01 pm

As the day draws to a close Algared returns and meets up with his companions, he hopes he'll find another day or two to study and research but with the war knows the band will likely be issued orders for some task before he completes his desriered research.

Post by GM Algared rises from his meditation amongst the woods to the west of the thran, brushes the dirt and leaves from his clothing, gathers his belongings and heads back to his clanhouse.

Along the way spots Kugald wandering down the hill from his clanhouse, Kugald invites Algared along for a drink in the meadhall. Willing to catch up with his cousin he readily accepts and so the both of them enter the hall.

There are only a few patrons at this hour, but you both know that the hall will get busier very soon. Ducking to enter the low doorway the familiar hall is well lit with lanterns burning from the ceiling. The hearth fire burns low providing a gentle warmth within the hall on this already comfortable evening. The smell of food also wafts through the hall to mix with the wood smoke of the hearth fire and the whale oil from the lanterns

Finding a table you quickly take a seat and order a tankard of ale each. Gelda soon returns to your table bearing two tankards of ale, placing them down she then leaves to attend to another couple of patrons that have just entered the hall.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:41 pm

After a full day at the forge, Kugald is tired, but happy. It has been too long since he spent the whole day at the anvil. His muscles are sore, but in a good way. Kugald returns to his clanhouse and gets cleaned up before heading to the great hall to see what is happening.

TTYL

- Kerry

Post by GM With Nolomare beginning is descent into the western sky the smiths and apprentices begin to wrap up the work in the workshop as tools are returned to there correct places of storage and the workshop is tidied up, then Jabor calls an end to the working day and within moments his apprentices have fled the workshop.

Kugald lingers a little while longer as he relishes being back amongst the familiar sights, sounds and smell of the smithy. He then heads towards the thranhold well draws a bucket full of water and washes the soot, sweat and grime from his body. Then heading home, he changes his clothes, informs his mother that he is going to the meadhall and then heads outside.

Leaving the thranhold he can see Algared heading back towards the thran, calling out a greeting to Algared the two meet up and head off towards the meadhall.

See Algared's post for further info
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Eijryk is happy to have found a job so quickly. He would have preferred to be working directly for the caring and treatment of people with wounds and illnesses, but making potions and salves from herbs is a necessary job for the physician to become successful.
He prepares the necessary ingredients for the healing salve and starts working with them. When Nolomar is about to go down he clears up the workshop before leaving for the day, saying "See you tomorrow" to Hervold if he is around.

Before going back to the clanhouse of Orbaason for the night he passes by the meadhall to see if he can find any of his companions from the seatrip and perhaps have a mug of ale. He also looks out for any nice-looking girls.

Post by GM Eirjyk spends the day within the apothecary's workshop, Hervold comes and goes during the day. He seems to keep a watchful eye on you whenever he is within the workshop.

The day is spent gingerly finding his way around the workshop.

Nearing the end of the day Hervold enters the workshop and grabs you on the shoulder and says "That will do for today, off you go!" and in response to Eirjyk's call he nods his head and replies with a smile "Yes see you tomorrow"

Leaving the workshop Eirjyk, leaves the thranhold and passing by the two huscarls standing watch near the gatehouse spies Kugald and Algared just about to enter the meadhall.

Following the path down the hill he makes his way to the meadhall. Passing several locals Eirjyk enters the meadhall. The hall is well lit with lanterns burning from the ceiling. The hearth fire burns low providing a gentle warmth within the hall on this already comfortable evening. The smell of food also wafts through the hall to mix with the wood smoke of the hearth fire and the whale oil from the lanterns.

After a quick scan of the hall he finds Kugald and Algared sitting at a table with the servants just leaving the table probably after just taking their order. Making his way towards Kugald and Algared he quicky takes a seat and when the servant returns with Kugald and Algareds drink he too orders and ale

Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:05 am

Bjarni will see if he can go out on a fishing boat the next day. And regale anyone who listens to stories of right whales and harpoons.

Post by GM The Nildrom family watch with interest as you entertain them with your stories, meanwhile the women of the family go about the household performing their duties. Ulauf Nildrom meanwhile sits with you and shares an ale or two.

Bringing up your intentions to go fishing aboard one of the fishing vessels on the morrow, Ulauf eyes you off for a moment "Not much chance of that I should think, besides I have enough for you to do around the yards tomorrow" he says.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:30 am

Barak greets Gelda with a warm smile and orders an ale. Sitting near Kugald he asks him if he had a good day at the forge. He continues: "I thought we were visiting the Daas to see what he wants of us next. We can do that later I suppose. I wonder if he needs river scouts to see what the Dagen is up to up stream."

Barak watches Bjarni whose eyes appear to be following Gelda around the hall. "She is good looking, but there are plenty of other women in the thran." he comments to no one in particular, in a meaningful sort of way.

Last edited by Barak Daas on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:18 pm

'Well I for one relish a little time to study and spend time with family and friends. My order will expect me to develop so new research and the chance to do some study is a welcome. Still should we be ordered to set sail the Farvie's stores and supplies have been been itemised and sorted." Algared says as they sit and discuss their day. 'I wouldn't mind seeing us aquire and second anchor, but we can live without that. Still with the privisions and lines we have on board unnless we want to carry out some repairs to bring the farvie back up to her best qualities the Daas mty desire us to take her out and fish."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:46 pm

Eijryk sits at the table with Algared and Kugald and orders an ale.
"So how was your day friends?", he starts to make conversation with a smile as he looks at Gelda when she moves through the hall. "I met Hervold the Healer and he lets me work in his apothecary. Do you know him well?"

As Barak arrives Eijryk greets him too and asks how his day was. He laughs at the hunter's comment about Gelda. "Your interested in Gelda?", he asks teasingly.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:52 pm

When Borygg has finished with whatever chores he was given during the afternoon, he'll head to the meadhall to meet up with the rest of the gang. He's only been back in Ygesdram for a day but is already growing bored with nothing to do. He doesn't know what the others did today but he hopes someone has word of a new assignment from the Daas.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:25 pm

Eijryk > "Your interested in Gelda?", he asks teasingly. <

Barak's response is to glare moodily back, but say nothing.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:52 pm

Eijryk Orbaason wrote:Eijryk sits at the table with Algared and Kugald and orders an ale.
"So how was your day friends?", he starts to make conversation with a smile as he looks at Gelda when she moves through the hall. "I met Hervold the Healer and he lets me work in his apothecary. Do you know him well?"

As Barak arrives Eijryk greets him too and asks how his day was. He laughs at the hunter's comment about Gelda. "Your interested in Gelda?", he asks teasingly.

Algared greets and welcomes Eijryk as he joins Kugald and himself at the the table. "Welcome friend, It'll get busy later I'll wager." He says. When Eijryk speaks of his day Algared's mood darkens noticably. 'Hervold is a healer and there are many who would be dead but for his skill with mundane arts. I know him well enough however to know he is no friend of mine."

When Barak joins them Algared gives him a nod and drinks slowly from his ale. When Eijryk makes his quip to Barak about Gelda causing barak to glare at him, Algared mutters "Bloody physicians."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:48 am

After Barak has finished his first pint, he turns to Eijryk and says "He won't sell her. I am forced to live in the same hall as her, but he won't sale. It is just not fair. Sometimes, I think just to take her away to Orbaal and not worry about being outlawed."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:20 am

"Barak - I was thinking the same thing. There is this girl in Pelyn you see" Bjarni will wax lyrical about the fair Eryna.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:36 am

Sigrun joins the others in the meadhall. "No news along the rivers", she says to no one in particular, "It smells like the calm before a storm."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:43 am

"Well Sigrun, I quite like a storm."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Eijryk looks at Algared with a wondering face when he says Hervold is no friend of his, and when he later mutters his negative feelings towards physicians Eijryk looks even more puzzled. He gives Kugald a glance to see if it seems he shares the same feelings.

Turning towards Barak. "You still speaking of that waitress girl Gelda? Who won't sell her? Her father?"
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:00 pm

"Jabor, the meadhall keeper, won't sell her. She is his thrall."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:13 pm

"I see." Eijryk says thoughtfully looking over at the other end of the hall where Gelda serves some other guests. "There is always a price." he then mumbles low to himself.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Catching Eijryk's mumble, he responds in a soft voice "I've offered many hundreds of pennies, more than double she is worth."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:37 pm

Barak Daas wrote:Catching Eijryk's mumble, he responds in a soft voice "I've offered many hundreds of pennies, more than double she is worth."

Barak your problem for you is that is is a sellers market. You have nothing he wants and he has what you want. Until he feels endebted to you, why would he sell. In this he is no different from a merchant or jeweller making a sale." Algared shrugs.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:02 pm

"I guess seeing as this is your home, simply stealing her is out of the question then?" asks Bjarni.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:35 am

"No" says Barak "But not yet. Let's talk about something else."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:12 am

Prior Bjarni post edited...
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:01 am

Kugald arrives from the forge to find his friends already at their cups.

"Ah, ale, I could use a pint or twelve. It has been a hot day in front of the forge. A stiff drink would be welcome."

He summons a servant and orders drinks for all and a couple for himself.

"So, friends, we have brought word from the King. Now what? Are we to march again to war? Man the ship and fight on the rivers?"

He downs a pint in a single pull, wiping the foam from his moustache, before starting in on a second one.

"I am ready for some action. A day at the forge has given me time to think. I have been enjoying our adventures far more than I ever enjoyed pounding iron on an anvil. I don't think being a weaponcrafter is the job for me...well, at least not while I am young. Now is the time for thrilling heroics. There will be plenty of time when I am old, say...thirty, to hang around the thran and pound away at iron bars. For now," he flexes his muscles, "these babies yearn for combat and adventure."

"So, shall we sneak up river and kill the Dagen ourselves!?!"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:06 am

"Aye," Jurri nods, "You've the strength of ten men in those armpits. The Dagen doesn't stand a chance."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:02 am

"We'd probably do well to fatten ourselves up again, and prepare, maybe even take the farvie out and do some fishing or carry out repairs and see if we cant get her travelling a little swifter. Though I would relish a day or two to study. and carry out research, but if asked to head oout again I suppose we will.. cant get rich a viking if were sitting in a mead hall."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next