From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watching the Delegation

+3
Algared
Sigrun Surenaal
Kugald Daas
7 posters

Go down

Watching the Delegation Empty Watching the Delegation

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:56 am

Kugald nods, "Yes, having two pairs of eyes inside will be valuable. Remember to keep watch all night. I imagine anyone trying to contact them may do so once the Thran have gone gone to bed for the night. But they may also try before hand or tonight. The rest of us should try to watch as well but we would need to be able to intercept and detain any midnight travellors and avoid the huscarls on patrol. Furthermore I member the last endeavour we made where we failed to communicate have a plan in place should problems arise. So what can we do to ensure to succeed in ensuring that if they are contacted we can either intcept or prevent messages being passed? I really dont want to face the Daas with a repeat of that last disaster."
Kugald looks to Jurri, Algared and Barak as he speaks.
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Watching the Delegation Empty Re: Watching the Delegation

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:28 am

"I'll stay on the Farvie in case anyone tries to slip away on the river. I don't want to give chase at night, but we can if we have to."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:28 am

Algared grimaces as he recalls the events of the task that ended in such failure. "I do not think Kugald means your input and advice is unwanted by fixing us,' he motions to those whe were present when the infated arrest was attempted. "I think he gaze was more a reminder to us who were there." When Kugald appears to nod in affirmation Algared continues. "I imagine you'd find company on the Farvie welcome." He says to Sigrun before turning to Barak, "Have you any thoughts on how best to proceed. And how do the watchers let us know if contact is made if we are separated?" With a sigh Algared looks back to Kugald and says "I wonder if I shouldn't spend the night at my father's in case he has a lapse of judgement thinking there is a profit to be had somewhere."

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Borygg says, "Bjarri Orbaason will for sure have his new guests eat the evening meal with the clan and the rest of us who stay there, including Eijryk and I. We can watch who they talk to. We can even follow them to the privy and see that they don't disappear. If they bed down in the common hall where we sleep, Eijryk and I can take turns staying awake to watch them. So, will any of you be watching from outside?"

OOC: I am assuming that Borygg and Eijryk simply sleep in the hall of the clanhouse, not in some private room or the like. Also, can we get an idea of the layout of the clanhouse, the location of the privy, etc? What are the buildings next to the temple/clanhouse?
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:53 pm

The larger building to the north of the Orbaasen clanhouse is the main guardhouse for the huscarls, the larger building to the east is a storage shed for clan Orbaasen holding firewood, assorted dried foodstuffs etc and the smaller building is an armoury containing numerous shields, spears and arrows.

Most clanhouses have a small room off the side that is used as the privy - it avoids those uncomfortable journeys during the winter months when missions of mercy would be called upon Wink
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Borygg Raal wrote: So, will any of you be watching from outside?"
I don't recall seeing an answer to this question. People have said we don't want to get ourselves in to trouble with communication problems as we have before but I haven't seen any ideas for a plan to prevent it. Borygg and Eijryk will be inside the temple/clanhouse watching the Ibanvaalers and seeing if they talk to anyone in a suspicious way. If one of them should happen to sneak out, is one of us to follow or will there be anyone watching from outside who will do so?
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:39 am

Bjarni will stick with Sigrun. She will need more than her hands to work the Farvie if required.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 am

Kugald listens and pairs and finally decides giving his thoughts. "Barak is right we'll need to at least give the semblance of heading off on the morning to go hunting. With Sigrun and Bjarni at the Farvie that leaves Zaoul, Jurri, Algared, Barak and myself. I am loathe to fracture us especially if we cannot signal each other. But we will certainly need to go hunting tomorrow. Barak and I will watch from that side of the hall," he says pointing to one of the stroage buidings near the priests clanhouse. "We'll at least have time for a warm meal, at home, out of this rain before we take postion where we can see who comes and goes. Algared, you and Zaoul watch from the other side. We dont want to prevent anyone for we ideally want the emassaries to believe they have succeeded, but we do want to know who and where any contact goes." Kugald thinks for a moment, then adds. "Now, if there is a message passed on from these emassaries, and they pass near Barak and I, I'd like you to follow them Barak, if they head to the boats join up with Sigrun and Bjarni and collect the others. Likewise should any contact pass Algared and Zaoul, Zaoul will come to Barak and I. We want to see where they head, which household they belong. So we can Algared you will need to try follow to find where they go."

Algared looks ready to protest when Kugald adds "I doubt you will be in too much danger and Once Zaoul meets up with Barak and I we will be able follow you. Your job will be to see where any contact reports back to..."' after a pause Kugald looks to his younger cousin and says, "ans no little cousin, I do not think your father would do something foolish." Finally, Kugald looks to the others. So what do you think? strengths and weaknesses?"
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 am

Algared listens to to the plan which has the party split into four parts and while he has reservations about his role he trusts his cousins assurances, and waits upon the thoughts and recommendations of his companions. he hopes that they are able to prevent any messages and ferret out any traitors. In finding the traitors Algared knows he will be helping protect his mother and sister from the ravages of the Ibanvaalese soldiers.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:48 pm

"Okay, Kugald, I stick with you tonight, but fist it is to the meadhall for a quick bite of hot food."

"We can signal. At least in an emergency. If anyone is threated and needs help, then all they need to do is shout out good and loud."

"As for a Borygg and Eijryk if they need to speak to us they can always step outside the hall, one of us will spot them and we can meet up in the shadows round the back of the hall if necessary."

Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Barak Daas wrote:"As for a Borygg and Eijryk if they need to speak to us they can always step outside the hall, one of us will spot them and we can meet up in the shadows round the back of the hall if necessary."
"That sounds good, Barak. If Eijryk or I need to contact someone, we'll step outside and let you know it is us by waving a hand over our head. I wouldn't want you all to see someone else sneaking out the door and think it was one of us.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:19 am

Algared looks up hearing the others speak and with a nod and look to his cousin merely says, "Well we have a plan, now all we need to carry it out. I think I'll go pack ready for the hunting trip and then take up my postion then with Zaoul.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:52 pm

"We can't watch all night - we'll have to get some sleep if we are to be able to do something on the morrow. I suggest we only watch until everyone quietens down for the night and leave Borygg and Eijryk to cover the hall overnight. We should then get up pre-dawn and watch the hall in the morning until people break their fast. After that, no more than half of us should go on this hunt. I'd suggest myself Borygg and Bjarni, might make a good hunting party. Jurri and Algared can see what they can discover talking to friends and family. Eijryk can keep watch in the hall, supported by Sigrun and Zeoul outside. That would be spreading ourselves a bit thin: maybe Borygg has to stay here rather than hunt. I don't know."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:57 pm

If Bjarni's duties at eh Farvie can be spared be is keen to accompany Barak on a hunting trip. Aprt from breaking the day to day routine, it may give the opportunity to see who is lurking in the woods.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Algared looks to Barak ready to go hunting, and once more to the departing forms of his larger cousin and the smaller Skald, with there departure he alone remains of the original band that sailed to Froyahiem with a message for the Storzar. 'much has changed he mutters to himself', then Algared looks back to Barak.

"Well I see this hunt was to seeach for those oppossed to the Daas, How many would benefit this expedition asnd how long do you expect to take? Bjarni has already indicated his intention to join you. and Had initally thought we would all go... but if stealth is your goal a small band such as us would draw much attention. while a smaller band if searching for spies may proove more useful." Looking to the other members continues, and our first attempt to watch these emmassaries has left Eijryk at least feeling fatigued.

Algared draws Borryg into his gaze as he continues. "When we were retunring down river in the pinda you may recall we used the fishing fleet to screen us from the eyes of the warboat patrolling the river. So I was thinking as part of our hunt we could possibly put the farvie to out and join the fishing fleet and try add to our hunt, but also see if any try to slip away or even slip in amongst them.' Algared looks to Sigrun, 'that is of course if you deem that we have enough crew to serve the Farvie?"

Nodding to Eijryk and Zeoul, "Thankyou for your diligence last night but what are your strengths what skills or ideas do you have through which we will be able to seek out those who may be oppossed the Daas and seek his overthrow? I also wonder whether you resting this day may help you Eijryk."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:10 pm

While some of us go hunting and some take the boat out to watch the river traffic, I think I could stay here and keep an eye on the Ibanvaalers. I can tail them if they go out. If they're in contact with someone in Ygesdram, I may be able to spot it.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Well Bjarni cannto be in two places at the same time despite his immense skills. I would like to go hunting, but if ordered will grumble and put the Farvie to sea with Sigrun. Just the two of us are enough to sail her and make it look like we are fishing, rather than fishing for information.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:34 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:Well Bjarni cannto be in two places at the same time despite his immense skills. I would like to go hunting, but if ordered will grumble and put the Farvie to sea with Sigrun. Just the two of us are enough to sail her and make it look like we are fishing, rather than fishing for information.

"I dont see why you couldnt go hunting Bjarni. As I have heard said many times, being on the river is not the same or as dangerous as being in the open sea. It is not as though the Farvie would be out over night." Algared says, "If you and Barak go hunting, then Sigrun, Zeoul and I could take the Farvie..that is If sigrun believes that a pair of scholars with some experience will provide the crew required, meanwhile Borryg and Eijryk could stay around the thran watching, listening and resting after their uneasy watch last night. This way we can cover more ground and hopefully it will also appear like the band has been split, broken up with Kugald and Jurri being sent away. It may mean that those watching and listening here will learn something we may not overwise have heard. Any thoughts?" Algared knows splitting the party could cause problems but in the middle of Daas land he hopes they will be relatively safe and by splitting they may better achieve their goal, he also knows the possible risks and so seeks the advice and thoughts of the warband.

Last edited by Algared on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 am

"Algared, you have sold me a herring. I agree with you. I am off with Barak"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm

"I can certainly handle something as small as the Farvie with a lean crew, especially if you're thinking to stay just along the river. Actually, it may be a bit easier, in that you won't be tripping over each other," Sigrun says and gives a half grin.
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Algared nods after listening to the thought and suggestions. "Then we are decided." As an aside Algared asks. "Barak, how long do you think this hunt will take you? And in which direction? If you do not return we could search for you both."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum