30 Peonu 720

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjorn Vetr on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Bjorn turns his head to look at Barak, "Haste's go' nuthin' to do with it, ye've got warboats comin' toward your shores completely unexpected an' unnannounced. None of us are goin' to attack without orders, but if there's blood to be spilt, we'll be ready for it!"
avatar
Bjorn Vetr

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-03-10
Age : 38
Location : Caldwell, Idaho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:47 pm

"Ha Barak, Those are big words"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:51 am

"We'll see who had the most skulls at the end of the day; and with you wearing my war booty an' all" Barak clasps Bjarni's should to show no offence is meant.

[OoC: What's the point of being a young Ivinian 'warrior' if you don't boast, brag and exaggerate? Plus it is better to go in for false bravado than run off and hide, thinks Barak.]


Last edited by Barak Daas on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:56 am

"Yes well stay behind me and the byrnie will still protect you from the foe, as if you wore it yourself" Bjarni claps Barak on the shoulder.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:58 am

The warband gather in the market place awaiting Algared who is the last to arrive. Sigrun is aboard the 'Farvie' preparing the boat to sail. Everywhere around them the thran is a mass of movement as clans gather together and move towards the thranaal, by now it is the outer lying clans that are arriving.

Meanwhile though the number of fighting men is increasing.

Near the gatehouse Cunate Daas has appeared surrounded by his huscarls. All up it would seem that Cunate has about 100 warriors gathered around him, with but a few fully armoured. Most of the warriors bear spears, helmets and shields and some carry a side arm.

The fishing fleet has already left the dock and are now somewhere to the west.

Sigrun looking to the east is the first person to see the arriving boats, their sails fully unfurled and with oars deployed, They want speed Sigrun thinks to herself. One of the vessels begins to ship their oars and movement can be see aboard as they crew move about, They must be about to reduce sail Sigrun begins to think to herself when a volley of arrows catches her by surprise. The arrows fall harmlessly around her but their intentions become clear in an instant.....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:09 am

"Look at those grey gulls flying Barak" Bjarni points to the arrows falling around the docks and Farvie. "Maybe now is time to get hasty." Bjarni claps his helm on his head, grips his shield and spear and makes his way to the front rank.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjorn Vetr on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:24 am

Bjorn raises his hand over his eyes and gazes out eastward toward the oncoming boats, his eyes go wide as he sees a volley of arrows fall around Sigrun, and he breathes a sigh of relief when he notices she is unharmed. Quickly he shoves the butt of his spear into the ground, so he can easily grab it when needed, then slings his shield across his back and begins stringing his short bow. "Somethin' tells me they ain' friends, Barak. I say tha' we 'ave a volley of our own ready for when they enter our range."
avatar
Bjorn Vetr

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-03-10
Age : 38
Location : Caldwell, Idaho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:48 am

Borygg finishes getting into his armour and, with the others, moves forward and readies his bow.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:25 am

Barak says "If you are being attacked by a pack of wolves, it is time to go to ground, to be able to strike at them from behind when they are not expecting it. Which is the reason we are standing here. You will fall back behind the warehouse. We won't be able to stop the dogs from gaining the shore, but we'll fill their hides with barbs, 'till the huscarls get here. Borygg and Bjorn you can cover opposite corners of the warehouse and make sure you can cover the beach with your bows."

"Since I told Sigrun to go to the Farvie I had better go and get her." Barak hands his spear to Algared "Hold this for me, I will be wanting it later." Barak then heads at speed down to the beach towards Ulauf's yard (shipwright), dodging as he goes with his shield held out in front of him... "Run" he shouts to Sigrun "before they come any closer."


Last edited by Barak Daas on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:04 am

Bjarni glances back up the hill towards the thran to see if Cunate is leading his men down to the beach to stop the invaders coming ashore or to confront them where we can use our numbers. Seeing Barak running down to the Farvie Bjarni hefts his spear and measures the distance to the first warboat. It is his intention to harpoon the first man who looks ready to jump ashore. He has boasted of his throwing arm and intents to live up to the rhetoric.

Post by GM Cunate remains firmly positioned upon the hillside, it becomes apparent as you study this move that he has fixed his position such that he can bring his warriors to bear against the enemy and protect any women and children that are still attempting to gain the sanctuary of the thranaal. While offering the best protection to the thranaal and the occupants already safely inside.

It also gives his gathering warriors somewhere close to muster once their families are safe
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:35 am

Having gathered with the Warband, Algared glances to the hill where Cunate gathers his men and where the alst families still hurry to the thranall, he will point to any stragglers "They will want more time to reach safety, lets see if we cannot give both Cunate and the families the time they need and give these dogs a warm reception a warm reception. We pepper them with arrows. Why do I feel your friends may be right about warriors in the woods to the south as well Barak?" Algared will fit a shot in his staff sling ready to hurl.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:16 am

Looking to thier own line Algared then says "Bryndis, Meldun and Bjaarni Bjorn form the line, Borryg and will use our ranged weapons to cover Barak and Sigrun, Eirrjk you are our reseve. Once Barak returns he can use his bow and I'll join our line." a very thin line the warband will make, "The more we slow them down the more our firends have time to reach safety and the greater our glory may be.. but I've no desiire to sell our selves cheaply once barack is amongst us we'll try to either rejoin the Daas or attack these dogs from the rear we may be able to use the warehouse for cover and a staging point." .. Algared laughs and continues, "Meldun if you know any prayers to grant us honour and victory today now may be the time to draw our lord's attention to our need".
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:46 am

Algared laughs and continues, "Meldun if you know any prayers to grant us honour and victory today now may be the time to draw our lord's attention to our need".

Meldun nods at Algared, "If our goal is to hold the line and buy the Daas some time, I've got just the thing. Should we want to do what's unwise and surprising..." Meldun's grin widens just a bit, "I know an even better one. Either way, I will wait for Barak to return with Sigrun."

Examining the position of the Daas' men, the direction of the approaching war boats, and the beach. "Sarajin will be pleased. A shield wall of five against three war boats of men... Tonight we will all either dine in Talagaad, or some of the most amazing tales will tell of our victory for generations."

Meldun looks at Bjorn, with his bow out, and how he's concerned with being told to join the line. Looking quickly at Algared, "I think the more arrow's we let fly will be more beneficial than standing in the line. Bryndis, Bjarni, to my sides. Let the others form on us when the time comes." Then, in Orbaalese, "Let us show these mainlanders how a proper shield wall is formed!"

avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:45 am

Meldun Jarlaka wrote:
Algared laughs and continues, "Meldun if you know any prayers to grant us honour and victory today now may be the time to draw our lord's attention to our need".

Meldun nods at Algared, "If our goal is to hold the line and buy the Daas some time, I've got just the thing. Should we want to do what's unwise and surprising..." Meldun's grin widens just a bit, "I know an even better one. Either way, I will wait for Barak to return with Sigrun."

Examining the position of the Daas' men, the direction of the approaching war boats, and the beach. "Sarajin will be pleased. A shield wall of five against three war boats of men... Tonight we will all either dine in Talagaad, or some of the most amazing tales will tell of our victory for generations."

Meldun looks at Bjorn, with his bow out, and how he's concerned with being told to join the line. Looking quickly at Algared, "I think the more arrow's we let fly will be more beneficial than standing in the line. Bryndis, Bjarni, to my sides. Let the others form on us when the time comes." Then, in Orbaalese, "Let us show these mainlanders how a proper shield wall is formed!"


Nodding, Algared says "Aye, and if Sarajin blesses my skills this day they may feel the icy blast, as well, but we want as many archers hitting them as they land they will either try beach which may be diffifult or use the wharf i'm thinking. Either way we may be able to take a few before they gan a foothold. Every minute we delay their landing is a time the main line can ready themselves."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:54 am

Bryndis forms up on Meldun and Bjarni, shield held steady, sword ready.
Now that battle is certain, this is the worst part... the waiting. Knowing it will take time for the conflict to reach her sword, she can only wait... and hope that she does Sarajin proud this day.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:05 am

Then, in Orbaalese, "Let us show these mainlanders how a proper shield wall is formed!"


Bjarni laughs in agreement and adds "A proper shield wall but one that will last seconds against that lot. You do know they will swamp us like a spring tide. They will land and form their wall but their archers will take the flank and shoot us down before their shields reach us. "

Bjarni shouts to Algared. "I have as much desire to see Talagaard as the next man, but we will be cut down here where we stand and they will hardly pause. Why don't we move to the cover of the shipyard and hit the flank of their wall as they pass?"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Bjarni Daasen wrote:
Then, in Orbaalese, "Let us show these mainlanders how a proper shield wall is formed!"


Bjarni laughs in agreement and adds "A proper shield wall but one that will last seconds against that lot. You do know they will swamp us like a spring tide. They will land and form their wall but their archers will take the flank and shoot us down before their shields reach us. "

Bjarni shouts to Algared. "I have as much desire to see Talagaard as the next man, but we will be cut down here where we stand and they will hardly pause. Why don't we move to the cover of the shipyard and hit the flank of their wall as they pass?"

"I have no desire to attend the feast in Talagaard just yet either, but i certainly do not wish to appear a coward with the whole Daas line watching us...But i think Barak and Sigrun will have a better chance if they have somewhere closer to fall back to. My thoughts are we hold the storehouse, if they igore us we burn their boats and attak from the rear. or we take the high ground the low cliffs to our east are a perfect place for archers and we take it and we can rain fire down on them or we retreat once Sigrun and Barak are back to the main line."


Last edited by Algared on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed the hill from west to east to the one i actually intended)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:15 pm

"Ah well, whatever you decide I will follow." He gestures back towards the main battle line. "If we survive this I hope Cunate is the ring-giver I hope he will be. And I hope Barak and Sigrun catch a breeze in their sails and get their arses here"

avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Eijryk Orbaason on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:03 pm

Eijryk has been joining Borygg and Meldun since the priest came to the temple in the early morning. He went to get to his weapon, armor and physician's bag at the clanhouse and is now as prepared as the rest of the warband for the attack of the Ibanvaalers.

"I agree we should do what we can to help Barak and Sigrun get back to us but then I really think we should all get back to the Cunate's position. We can't do much on our own down here." He looks a bit nervous as he watches the approaching warboats and then looks up at the hill where the main force of the Daas is gathering.
"They are far too many for us to stand any chance even if I have no doubt of your fighting capabilities and courage." He looks at Bryndis, Meldun and Barak specifically when saying this. "Let's try to give us a little better chances of surviving for another battle another day."


[OOC: Sorry for being out of contact for a week while away from home. Lots of action here now! I just assume that Eijryk went along with Borygg and he is now equipped with armor, his spear and medical bag, if that is ok.]
avatar
Eijryk Orbaason

Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 44
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Seeing that no one has followed her, Sigrun gives up on the idea of moving the Farvie. She switches to grabbing weapons, and then valuables from her sea chest to canvas bag for transport (jewelry already carried, rutter first, pilot's gear next, and as much else scooped up as possible when the arrows start to fall). She grabs the bag and her bow and gets away from the boat.

When she sees Barak headed toward her, she calls to him, "We can't let them land!"

[OOC: How much cover do the buildings near the shipwright offer?]

Post by GM The building will offer as much cover as you need you will be out of sight if you remain behind them but if you venture out then you will more than likely become a target
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 am

Algared looks at the small band and calculates the mass of troops three warbaots would have, the small line offering some small comfort to those still hurring to the Thran and infront of where the Daas line is forming. He looks to the hill to the east, with its cliffs and then back to the where the Daas and his huscarls have formed. He also considers the rumours from the teamsters that there were Ibaanvaal in the woods to the south-east.. and figures that just as he has contemplates an attack on the flank so the Dagan has probably also planned such an attack.

We control the river the Dagaan has no boats Algared thinks as he shakes his head. And knows He Sigrun and Zaoul should have scouted the east in the Farvie on the 28th, and wonders if the inital report was merely cast aside as mere conjecture.

He looks in the direction Barak headed as he moved to the Farvie and Sigrun, and finally to his own Clanhouse to make sure his mother and sister have started moving to the thranall. He swears he will kill any man who tries to take them as warbrides or die trying to defend them.

Looking once more to the hill pointing and the Daas line as he speaks to the band and ways up thier options he knows they have a better chance with the line and that is where he knows he should be.. But would they reach the line in time to join it? Can they stop the landing just this small band.. it would be the stuff of legends if they could.

"Come on," he says to his fellows having made his mind, "lets go give cover to Sigrun and Barak, we can at least pepper their attack as they come in.. the landing they will be more vunerable if it is narrow and we have cover. If you have If we can use cover, anyone with a bow or ranged weapon can use it, slowing them down who be good, stopping them would be the stuff of legend" he says with a laugh, "after a volley or two we retreat to the east or the line as best we can.. we will fall back following the cliffline that way at least our right flank will be secure."

Turning, Algared salutes the Daas then moves off to cover Barak and Sigrun and hopefully delay the landing and buy a few more precious moments for his kin to ready themselves. Algared hopes his friends follow him at least that will be a sign he is making sense while privately he hopes he isnt about to sell his or his companions lives unnecessary, he has no desire to feast in Talagaag just yet nor does he desire to be responsible for sending any of them there either.


Last edited by Algared on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjorn Vetr on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:46 am

After Algared had finished explaining his plan, Bjorn nodded his head in agreement and clapped a large hand on Meldun's back. Then he pulled his spear out of the ground and followed after Algared, searching for something large enough to give his immense size some decent cover.
avatar
Bjorn Vetr

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-03-10
Age : 38
Location : Caldwell, Idaho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:54 am

Bjarni nods and starts trotting down to get cover by the slipway. Once there he tightens his chin strap and looks around for a good fist sized rock. "This aught to annoy at least one of them," he says as he hefts it ready to throw when the warboat gets in range.

He will look to see where the approaching boats intend to land. To their left of the slipway. Maybe. He thinks it most likely that they will land at the dock and on the beach between there and the slipway.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:37 am

> When she sees Barak headed toward her, she calls to him, "We can't let them land!" <

"I don't think we can stop them" Barak shouts back, still sprinting towards the shipyard. When he regains enough breath he adds "Best we can do is kill a leader or two."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:59 am

Sigrun ignoring the first volley of arrows starts to gather together her more valuable belongings from the sea chest she is only able to grab her rutter before another volley of arrows lands around her, this time several bite into the timber of the small boat.

"Run" Barak shouts to Sigrun "before they come any closer." Realising that her position is becoming more and more dangerous Sigrun foregoes grabbing anything else and disembarks from the vessel and runs towards Barak and apparent safety.

As if taking their cue from the small warband, Cunate and his warriors begin to move forward down the hill towards the meadow. It seems the Daas has gathered as many warriors as he is likely to and is now moving to position his warriors between the attackers and the retreating women and children and his thran.

Sigrun and Barak are the first to arrive at the shelter of the shipwrights sheds as they see that is where their companions begin to head towards as they move forwards signalling for Barak and Sigrun as they go. Another couple of volleys fall about you as Barak and Sigrun run for the buildings. All fall harmlessly around you, but there are a few that fell a little too close for your liking.

The move to the shipwright seems to go unhindered but once Barak and Sigrun reach the safety of the buildings it seem you now become the targets as a hail of arrows land around you. Meldun's is the first to feel the thud of an arrow as it strikes his shield. Borygg is the next to hear the clang of metal strike metal as an arrow head strikes the boss of his shield, the arrow falls harmlessly to the ground. Making best possible speed there are several other near misses but the warband gain the shelter of the shipwright uninjured. Having gained the shelter the of the sheds surrounding the shipwrights you peer from your vantage point and notice that the boats are approaching the beach and will gain the beach very soon. Aboard the boats there appears to be about 20 archers between the two vessels, you can also see near the bow of the boat about 10 men nearly naked, it looks as if they are frothing from the mouth, one even appears to be biting the rim of his shield. The boats look to be packed with nearly a hundred warriors.

Barak and Sigrun are able to hear the crews of the boat yelling to each other but from this distance you are not able to hear clearly what is being said but judging from the change in targets you gather that it was new instructions on who to shoot at.

Judging from the steady stream of arrows now thudding into the ground or the building you are taking shelter from that they have seen you move here. So far though none of you have been struck by any arrows.

avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum