1st Saraju 720

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Sigrun spends some time sorting through her equipment, salvaging what she can from the remains of the Farvie. If any of the destroyed ideas can be replaced with some scrounging, she'll do so.

Post by GM Sigrun spends some time during the morning trying to scrounge what ever she can to make up for her lost equipment, but despite her best efforts Sigrun comes up empty handed

She'll offer her help to Ulauf's apprentices and journeyman, if they'll have her, in order to collect the remains of the tools and to figure out what needs to be done first to get ship repairs started.

Post by GM Ulauf's clan are not concerned with the shipwrights now, they are more worried about the loss of their Valhakar, their husband, their father, their friend and their boss. There are no boats in need of any emergency work and therefore there is no rush to have the shipwrights back up and running straight away. They instead seem to be taking the time to honour and mourn the loss of Ulauf. None of the burnt ships are salvageable anyway.
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:38 am

Time: Beginning 4th watch - End 4th watch

Families continue to prepare the funeral pyres to the south of the thran, adding the necessary timber and preparing the burial platforms to rest the bodes upon. Ulauf Nildrom's clan seem more concerned with the passing of their Valahakar than with rebuilding and repairing the shipyard.

Sigrun is able to determine that with the metalcrafter dead, the slipway destroyed, the repair docks damaged by the fire from the warboats that it is going to be some time before any work gets done to repair a boat. What timber that was salvageable from the boats has been dragged ashore and used to construct the funeral pyres. The boats themselves were completely written off as repairable anyway.

People move about the thran from clanhouse to clanhouse to either pay their respects to the departed, or paying a visit to a wounded clansmen. Work about the thran has come to a standstill as the locals go into a period of mourning. There is barely a tear shed for the dead, as they prefer to remember the life and not the death of the person.

Cunate Daas is seen wandering the thran offering his greetings to all. He moves with a slight limp favouring his right leg. He catches up with the warband just after you have finished your midday meal. He greets each of you in turn and offers each of you his hand in gratitude for your actions during the battle. He stops and speaks with you for awhile before making his farewells and heading off to speak with Jabor and several of his staff.

The wind has shifted to the north west and gust softly through the thran, the sky remains clear except for a few thin wisps of white clouds that barely shield Nolomar from your view. The temperature has dropped a little with the day being cool but still comfortable as a result hearth fires are kept low and smoulder warmly with their coals glowing amid the hearth pit.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:37 am

Bryndis' mood continues to be sour as the day wears on. She distracts herself by repairing her leggings and boot, glove and cowl, but once that work is done, the monotony of sitting begins to wear.

At lunch, she discreetly inquired of Barak if he thinks she might possibly be able to obtain the mail byrnie off of the brigand that she slew... perhaps he can put in a good word for her with the Valhakar?

When Cunate Daas himself shows up, she is both quiet and respectful, working extra hard to not let her sour mood show. She'll indicate that she hopes to be healed well enough to join the march to retake Abderheim.

Post by Gm Cunate Daas replies that he would be more than happy to have amongst the host that will march to retake Abderheim

She'll spend the rest of the afternoon trying not to be bored, surly or in the way.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:37 am

Algared having spent the last watch casting "Azure hand", decides that he should like many others in the thran pay his respects to the fallen. He goes out alone and makes his way around the thran, afterall several of those who will no longer be seen around the thran were people he admired. Jurri Daas the Weapon smith will be missed, the silence from the smithy and the lack noise from the shipwrights emphasising the loss. He spends the fourth watch moving slowly around the thran. Algared also goes to the home of Hervold the healer, in the past they had both exchanged words he imagines neither really meant. If possible Algared hopes he can pay his respects to the healer also and wishes him a speady recovery. he feels ashamed by the caalousness of his father's refusal to offer aid or hospitality and feels the hurt and loss of the bereaved. Inwardly Algared laments that he couldn't do more to save and protect those who were lost or those he holds dear.

Algared is troubled by his father's mean-spirited streak, and the stories regarding the bonding house and Skorri's apparent role in the defence of Ygesdram. On his slow progression around the thran he will go to the bonding house and then then look around for the buildings around it. taking note of whether any nearby buildings escaped the flames like the bonding house did.

Post by GM The bonding house was not the only building that was overrun by the Ibanvaalers but not destroyed, also intact are Jersi Daas' clanhouse and one outbuilding, but the woodcrafter did loose several other outbuilding to the Ibanvaalers

Algared imagines his father who would likely begrudge a clerk the cost of firewood to keep the chill away in winter on the grounds that a fire would make them lazy.

He will try not to show that his own wounds trouble him so as not to draw undue attention to himself. He wishes to pay his respects and honour the fallen and comfort the bereaved if possible.

Post by GM Most of the families are glad to see you as you pay your respects to the fallen, they understand that you have also been wounded and thank you for your efforts, a few families allow you entry as is the custom but bid you leave once your respects have been made

When Cunate Daas catches up catches up and thanks the members of the band individually taking their hand, Algared nods his head and says "I wish I could have done more".. and silently adds, and been of greater use.

Post by GM Cunate answers "We won the day, Algared, so you did enough!"


Last edited by Algared on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:20 am

Once Barak is finished at the top of the hill, he makes his way to his family and friends to see how they fare.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Eijryk Orbaason on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Eijryk spends the rest of the day walking around the thran paying his respects to the fallen and helping with anything that still needs to be taken care of in the aftermath of the battle. He also goes home to see how his relatives Bjarri Orbaason and his wife is doing.

Post by GM You spend the afternoon, offering aid whatever form you able to give. During the day you notice that the pain in your leg seems to diminish and by later afternoon you seem to be walking without difficulty. Bjarri Orbaason is resting on the mend so his wife tells you. He is in prayer at the time you arrive and does not want to be disturbed. By late afternoon while checking on your own injuries you can see that the wound has healed up with just the smallest of marks to indicate that you have been injured.
avatar
Eijryk Orbaason

Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 44
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Bryndis Serewyn wrote:At lunch, she discreetly inquired of Barak if he thinks she might possibly be able to obtain the mail byrnie off of the brigand that she slew... perhaps he can put in a good word for her with the Valhakar.
"I am not particularly beloved of Cunate. You might be best to ask for yourself. I did tell Thaldris that you did well. I hope that Thaldris may pass on my comments to the Daas."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:32 am

Sigrun will see if there is anywhere in the thran that she can acquire a few things lost to the fire - spare bow strings, arrows, and eating utensils (spoon, bowl, cup). The rest won't matter yet.

She'll finish drying out some other items, and then try to figure out where she might sleep tonight.

Post by GM From your own knowledge of the thran you able to track down, spare bow strings (2d each), wooden bowl (2d), pewter spoon (6d), wooden cup (3f) and you can purchase arrowheads at 6d per dozen or a complete dozen arrows for 15d
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:52 am

Barak tells Sigrun he can spare nine arrows, and if her bow string breaks then he should be able to give her a spare. Turass or Turrin might be able to spare her a bowl and cup. He dosn't mind going with her to see. As for a spoon, he knows not who may have one. Perhaps Sordi might be able to sell her some horn and she can shape her own from it?
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:03 am

Time: Till end of 6th watch

The rest of the day is taken up with repairs to equipment, chasing down items of equipment and visiting people around the thran. Those that are wounded rest when they can.

Sigrun is the first to return to the meadhall after her attempts to scrounge a few items from about the thran. Eijryk returns next after he has finished doing his rounds about the thran. His leg wound now healed he is able to move about more freely. Barak and Algared both reappear late in the afternoon after attending to their own business.

On their return he finds Jabor sitting with Sigrun, Bjarni, Meldun, Bjorn and Bryn, he has heard of Sigrun and Bjarni's problem and offers the roof of the meadhall for tonight only. Jabor is only able to offer a roof to everyone tonight, the meals have stopped as he has been forced to close his kitchen on orders from Cunate. He provides those staying with him a small meal of cold dried meat, a small portion of cheese and the last of the bread. It is not much but it is filling.

With darkness approaching dark clouds begin to gather, the wind picks up and blows strongly from the south west, it will not be long before rain begins to fall, the temperature starts to drop as night approaches. The meadhall is empty tonight except for the warband, even Shella and Gelda are not working tonight. The working girls are not working either tonight. Only a few of the lanterns are lit tonight, shedding their light over a small part of the hall, the other sections of the hall are dark as the light from the hearth fire does little to keep back the shadows, the hearth fire does warms the hall but the atmosphere is very quiet compared to the others nights you have been here.

Sometime during the 5th watch a heavy rain begins to fall. The pitter pat of the rain drops can be heard on the thatch above.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Eijryk Orbaason on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:31 pm

"So what happens now? I heard that Cunate wants to march to Abderheim to retake it, but will there be enough men to both go there and keep some here at home for defence and build up what was destroyed in the raid? Then I doubt many of the wounded will be fit within just a few days." Eijryk says when the warband is gathered in the meadhall.

Eijryk will also spend the evening looking through his medicine and herbs. If he is to go out on some mission he probably needs to replenish his medicine bag, if there is any to replenish with in the thran.
avatar
Eijryk Orbaason

Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 44
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:21 pm

"Well the messenger had reported Abderhiem was now beseiged, so I suppose he does desire to raise the siege. The question would be how long could the Abderhiem hold out? Tommorrow we bury our dead. As to marching I'm sure i'll be much use on the march I still feel sore, though if Sarajin blesses my skills I may yet be able to help the healing process." Algared says to Eijiryrk.

He stays talking until but the mood, pain from his wounds and his exertions for little gain he maid during the day, not to mention the loss of so much and so many in the thran have left him feeling drained. He still feels annoyed with his cousin maily for the manner in which he decided to leave them and the accusations that Algared worried more for this father's holding than he did for the Thran.

"Well, I'm afraid I need to head home, my injuries and our losses have left me drained, If you will excuse me." Algared rises and then slowly but painfully heads to the clanhouse and sleep.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:13 pm

GM wrote:Barak [...] reappear slate in the afternoon after attending to [his] own business.
... and did he find that his family are well with no new losses?

Post by GM With his clanhouse just out of Ygesdram and not in the danger zone it survived the battle and his family were able to make to make the thranaal in safety before the Ibanvaalers were able to threaten them. So everyone is alive and well with the clanhouse still undamaged.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Eijryk Orbaason wrote:"So what happens now? I heard that Cunate wants to march to Abderheim to retake it, but will there be enough men to both go there and keep some here at home for defence and build up what was destroyed in the raid? Then I doubt many of the wounded will be fit within just a few days." Eijryk says when the warband is gathered in the meadhall.

"Well I wont be going. If I heft a shield or fist a weapon I fear these wounds will open again. I don't heal as quickly as other men, it seems."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:37 am

"Bjarni if you are willing, when I can attempt to use my old wives take remedy on you when I can though I'd like to remove the distraction I have that impede my skill", Algared motions to Bryndis, "I could also bathe your wounds, and anyone elses. While my teacher always argued the power I access is not from the divine, I always held the my skill to draw on it it is fro is from Sarajin, though I'll admit to being no theologian andthe tasle Eijryrk told me today could mean my skill is just as much a curse as a blessing."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:50 am

Sigrun takes note if any boats at all survived the fire.

She thanks Jabor for the meal, but is largely quiet.

Post by GM The only boats to survive the attack yesterday, were the ones not moored or docked. That is the fishing fleet and the warboats and longboats of the Daas are all still ok
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:38 am

"Algared, If you have some potion or poultice that will aid me, then I say carry on. I have had prettier nurses though."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:32 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Algared, If you have some potion or poultice that will aid me, then I say carry on. I have had prettier nurses though."

Algared looks at Eijryrk and laughs half-heartedly.

"Well, there you go Eijryrk, You are decreed a better looking nurse than me."

Turning back to Bjarni Algared replies, "Well I tried to heal my own wounds, and met with little success. But I will try as soon as I am able my friend."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:45 am

Meldun smiles softly. It is good to see humor already returning to the thran so quickly after the battle. Gently, he rubs at his stomach, wincing when the pain reminds him of his wound. Since Algared has displayed his amazing abilities, Meldun has spent the afternoon contemplating the arts of the Shek-pvar. He's heard of them during his travels, but he's never known of one personally, up to now.

After closely watching Algared, and listening to the way he describes his methods of manipulating the energies of the land to manifest his feats, Meldun has tried to find any conflicts in what Algared does and the teaching of the Ljarl. Most of the stories he can recall that make mention of magical feats celebrate victories, or how an enchanted item helped a great warrior accomplish great deeds. Meldun decides that there no direct offenses to the Ljarl with what Algared does, and can plainly see the benefits.

His thoughts turn to the Daas and his call to march on Abderheim. Exhausted, Meldun looks around the table, "If the Daas want's to march, then I am duty bound to him to march. It is my hope that there are reinforcements to be gathered before we leave. If your numbers are correct, and there are that many men laying siege, then we will only serve as temporary delay." Lowering his voice so that only those at the table can hear, "Tell me, does the Daas possess the military cunning to pull this off?"

avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:20 am

"If the Daas want's to march, then I am duty bound to him to march. It is my hope that there are reinforcements to be gathered before we leave. If your numbers are correct, and there are that many men laying siege, then we will only serve as temporary delay." Lowering his voice so that only those at the table can hear, "Tell me, does the Daas possess the military cunning to pull this off?"

Bjarni answers in Orbaalese, also in a low voice "I have my doubts. But we are oath bound to serve him one way or another. I tell you this for nothing, I didn't think to come all this way to the homeland to be eaten by crows. If the King arrives there may be hope, but from my wintering in Pelyn I know that he hates the Storzar, and his people see the Storzar, and by association, the Daas, as traitors. I think we should fear the king as much as the Dagen."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:28 am

Meldun Jarlaka wrote:Meldun smiles softly. It is good to see humor already returning to the thran so quickly after the battle. Gently, he rubs at his stomach, wincing when the pain reminds him of his wound. Since Algared has displayed his amazing abilities, Meldun has spent the afternoon contemplating the arts of the Shek-pvar. He's heard of them during his travels, but he's never known of one personally, up to now.

After closely watching Algared, and listening to the way he describes his methods of manipulating the energies of the land to manifest his feats, Meldun has tried to find any conflicts in what Algared does and the teaching of the Ljarl. Most of the stories he can recall that make mention of magical feats celebrate victories, or how an enchanted item helped a great warrior accomplish great deeds. Meldun decides that there no direct offenses to the Ljarl with what Algared does, and can plainly see the benefits.

His thoughts turn to the Daas and his call to march on Abderheim. Exhausted, Meldun looks around the table, "If the Daas want's to march, then I am duty bound to him to march. It is my hope that there are reinforcements to be gathered before we leave. If your numbers are correct, and there are that many men laying siege, then we will only serve as temporary delay." Lowering his voice so that only those at the table can hear, "Tell me, does the Daas possess the military cunning to pull this off?"


"He devised the attack on the Froyby over the ranges, through little known tracks. but we were too late to prevent the fall of Froyahiem. Part of the problemi is the forces the Dagan forces his recently conquered to attack his foes. reprts were that those who attacked Froyahiem in the first wave were the men of Froyby. We also know how he treats dissention, he eradicates the clan. We know these lands better than the Dagan, whther that will help us win the day I cannot say. I know the Dagan dishonours the Ljarl as we believed he would with this attack. I'm sure Brownwyne answered our prayers to defend our lord Sarajin's name and honour. I cried to her for aid and then they fled." Algared bows his head, " I'd called out and then they retreated. I dont know what it was like over here but on the right flank they seemed to have the upper hand. It maybe the Dagan expects his raid to have made us incapable of marching.

Had we not been around here we could have sailed east and carried out our own raid. Looking back and seeing what we should have done is an exact science they say. All we can do is decide what is best. I imagine the Daas feels he has no option being duty bound to march forth in the aid of his dbesieged vassals. But the Daas and the Storzar are cunning and formidable. I wonder if we could land a force behind the Dagan at night or send a force to his flank through the woods, then when the main body march when the Dagan reacts we'd have either troops in the flank or the rear. maybe enabling a sally from the thranhold."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:46 am

"Well Algared, perhaps you should ask your cousin for command of a ship"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:53 am

Barak responds quietly: "I believe we march with the main host from Ygresdram. Our numbers are such that I doubt that we will have the opportunity to undertake any adventures of our own. I doubt Thaldris will counternance a raid up the river or outflank in the woods. As for a ship, I'd say the one we had lies in smoking ruins, except is has now been broken up for firewood. To give us another would be a brave move."

"There are four hundred men in Abderheim. We have another hundred or so here, not including the grievously wounded. We face, I hear, several thousand Ibanvaal warriors, so even with the Storzar's men and what Cunate can muster from the rest of Daaslund, we are likely to be outnumbered. The King's force will make the difference as long as he chooses to fight before the Storzar and Daas are defeated."

"As for tomorrow, I think that we still need to know who, if anyone, is in the woods nearby. As funerals will be obvious to any onlooker, so they might not expect us to sally forth."

avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Eijryk Orbaason on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:56 am

Algared wrote:
Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Algared, If you have some potion or poultice that will aid me, then I say carry on. I have had prettier nurses though."

Algared looks at Eijryrk and laughs half-heartedly.

"Well, there you go Eijryrk, You are decreed a better looking nurse than me."

Eijryk laughs and says "Sorry Bjarni I don't date my patients anymore."
avatar
Eijryk Orbaason

Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 44
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:58 am

"That would depend, on whether he would entrust another vessel to our care with the Farvie now destroyed, and that would be moot if we were divided on how best we can aid the struggle. It does us no good to quarrel, second guess each others motives or just to go our own way. Last it would depend on whether we are recovered enough to act and function with any chance of success. Even if we were all hale I cannot see us being able to do much unless it was to disrupt their supplies. Given the losses we seem to have suffered it may be we are needed in the main host anyway there likely similar numbers to hear in the outlying thrans, we may have a host of equal size, to relieve Abderhiem... of course how his new holdings react to his duplicity if they are even aware he made the offer of a truce."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum