From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spies and raids

5 posters

Go down

Spies and raids Empty Spies and raids

Post  Algared Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Well I didnt get to see Cunate, he sent word that unless it was urgent he wouldnt be able to see me, Tersi was who I was able to see. Which was ok since I wanted to make a report on what we had found or hadnt found to be more precise. Though I did report that it seemed my father's trade practices were causing hardship and ill feeling, while his refusal to offer anyone hostpitality did little to aid the war. While I dont think he is a traitor or a collaborator I think he relishes the thrill of a successful trade, just as others relish battle.

I did say that other than that our efforts had drawn a blank thus far.

Simialrly with seeking shelter for the band he assures me that shelter will be organised for them to stay at the meadhall and have the accounts settled by Cunate. With the matter of the armour he pointed out firstly in asking it lessened the giving had Cunate even considered ensuring the warriors were as equipped as they could be. Second he pointed out that the dead Ibanvaal and Daas were buried with spear and shield for the trip to Talagaard. And lastly that there would be treasure to make if that was what was sought though not by taking from the dead. Though given Bryndis has fought in but one battle where as others have fought in a half dozen because the Daas asked it of them seemed to insult those who had thought and died and as yet had not recieved such a princely gift.

As for a plan on how to catch a spy if there is is one, i was thinking I could over the even meal with my family let slip that.. say borryg for example says he found some incriminating evidence of a spy, and while he wouldn't say what iot was he was going to inform the Daas in the morning.... Now, if my father is guilty I would expect him to try ensure any evidence was removed. If not he does nothing it will once and for all prove his innocence. Similarly we can mention the same in the meadhall, now I would expect there is a either is a spy or Collaborator will find either an attack. if we do this right we can work through several members of the village. if nothing happens we ensure I and Borryg or whoever is our bait are seen going up the hill to see the Daas.

It is imporatant we find out who the spy or collaborator is for if we dont then any raid or attack to aid Abderhiem will be met and defeated.

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Spies and raids Empty Re: Spies and raids

Post  Meldun Jarlaka Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:50 pm

"With Abderhiem already under siege, and the King in route, we haven't time to waste. Are you sure this will work? And what others do we want to give the bait to? We mustn't cast our line at to many fish at once, else none will bite."
Meldun Jarlaka
Meldun Jarlaka

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Algared wrote:If not he does nothing it will once and for all prove his innocence.
"Unfortunately Algared, that is not true for either Skorri or Jabor, or anyone else. It may be that they are calling your bluff, or they may believe or know that there is no evidence, or hope that the evidence is false and someone else will take the blame, or they may feel powerless to do anything about it. 'The absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence.' - an old hunter's saying. Just because you can't see the mountain lion dosn't mean it is not there."

"As for saying that Borygg has found some evidence, you are potentially putting him at risk. The spy may decide to silence him for good."

"You also need it to be believable that the evidence has been found. How did Borygg come by this evidence? It could be more revealing if you told your father that you've found some evidence of who the spy is."

"If course whoever 'finds' the evidence, by saying that there is evidence you have revealed that we're looking to find a spy or traitor. That in itself would be useful knowledge for the person, since they could take steps to be more careful in future."

"In terms of who to add to the list of suspects, I would add Tersi. This whole thing might be just an attempt by him to defect attention from himself. 'I can't be the spy. Wasn't I the one who told you to look for the spy. Why would I do that if I were the spy?'"

"I don't believe Jabor would be a traitor by the way, though I have no proof that he is not."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 pm

I feel that I do not know the people of the thran well enough to make any sort of judgement. The family I stayed with are burnt out and the father dead, and i spend most of my time with comrades.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:51 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:I feel that I do not know the people of the thran well enough to make any sort of judgement. The family I stayed with are burnt out and the father dead, and i spend most of my time with comrades.

Well, it is was a thought and while I think it is dangerous for whoever we decide is bait it is the only thing I can think of as a meas to move forward. While we have found evidence of my fathers overactive mercantyle activities they seem to be as normal, it has always been known he will take every advantage in a trade deal he can. Madrin has had the Daas,in the past rule against Skorri for his practices. My father is disliked by many in the thran because of his dealings. it is easy to generate a which hunt for the unpopular or those you feel have wrong you. Skorri is in danger whether a traitor or not of being so treated. if evidence against Skorri exists however i believe it will be found in the bondinghouse."

Algared looks to the priest and adds, "I will not deny though I find even raising my father as a suspect distasteful, it seems to go against the Ljarl iteslf. I am torn between loyalty to my family, my clan and Jarl. And it certainly doesn't show him honour or respect even..." Algared falls silent before changing his line of thought.

"Of course when Madrin first joined this band he wished to have no leader and seemed to bristle at the idea of Kugald leading us. Initally I assumed this was just because I supported Kugald as leader he is my older cousin and close to the Daas, and on a mission for the Daas it seemed appropriate. If a message was passed to the Ibanvaal emissaries then Madrin certainly had the chance to do so. But this search has us questioning everyones actions, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and we risk do more harm than good. I'm equally sure we could be viewed with suspicion or as traitors for we were the crew of the Farvie and allowed her to burn. I know we couldn't prevent it, but doesn't mean we couldn't be accussed of depriving the Daas of the vessel and supplies, by our traitorous inaction now does it?"

Last edited by Algared on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:39 am

"Algared, if you mention to your father that I have evidence of a spy and he is the least bit guilty, he may believe I am on to him. He has not liked me, nor I him, since I came to Ygesdram. It should not be a stretch for him to think I have been digging up dirt on him, as he has suspected I am after his business for a while now. If you need to put a target on someone's back, let it be mine. I trust my companions here to watch it for me."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:32 pm

"We'll have to see what happens tomorrow then, after Algared drops his surprise revelation."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:33 am

"There are flaws to be sure, and it is not without risk. My father has not been known for keeping secrets if he feels theres a profit for him, in part I am hopeful he will be indiscreet our goal would be to flush a spy. I do not however think nor coulld I Imagine any Daas working with or seeking to further the Dagan's fortunes against us. It is more likely in my opinion, that a spy will not be a clansman, though they may be close to them... whether scribe, longshoreman or apprentice.

Of course even spreading the rumour, though the Daas summons for all to gather is also the chance that a spy will seek to pass on that information... and feeling their job done try leave the thran..

Stil, Borryg I wouldn't want to put any plan or arrangement into action if my conpanions were not aware and ready to be able to ensure everyone was safe from attack.

Now if my magik were like Zaoul's we could have merely asked people if they were giving aid to ibanvaal and tell if they were lying, or if they knew who was giving aid.. of course such actions would only raise a panic and surely tell everyone it was thought there were others working against the Daas."

Algared pauses in his thoughts and then continues,

"I feel we are missing our two strongest investigators, Jurri and Zaoul, they are more skilled at ferreting information and discerning a man's motives. All we really have as evidence so far is well nothing, except complaints about my father's trade practices and that really isn't anything new.

We looked for suspicious activity, and tried gather information from those we know ... but have we even asked the right questions and have we looked in the right areas?"
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum