3 Saraju 720

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:45 am

Time: Beginning 1st - Mid 2nd watch

The warband awake to a new day and find the weather much the same as yesterday, a wind blows from the south west, the cloud is thick with white fluffy clouds obscuring most of the blue sky above. Nolomar's glow can be seen pushing through the clouds to the east. The day is cool and looks to be free from rain.

Each of the warband goes about their own morning routines, those in the meadhall each have a serving of warm oats, with a tankard of small ale, a loaf of bread and some dried apples.

The other members each share break their fast with their families sharing in the mornng meal.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:43 pm

Algared rises finds a quiet place and then cast Azure hand on his final wound, and once any accumulated fatigue is removed he casts Chalsea's sponge, "Today if all goes well we will train and be able to plan their next steps without the risk of any spies to hear them." Algared thinks to himself. He will join his family for their morning meal and then He will make sure he has a bowl and waterskin in case he is asked to cast the magik on anyone again as he gathers his equipment in order to train.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:40 am

"Algared, I am not training while I have this wound here," Bjarni touches his bandaged chest. "I doubt I could even wear my byrnie, unless you can do some more of your miraculous water cure."

[OoC to Neil - I think I am still carrying a light wound to the left hip and a serious wound to the chest, after Algared's first round of magical healing aid]

Post by GM Correct
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:33 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Algared, I am not training while I have this wound here," Bjarni touches his bandaged chest. "I doubt I could even wear my byrnie, unless you can do some more of your miraculous water cure."

[OoC to Neil - I think I am still carrying a light wound to the left hip and a serious wound to the chest, after Algared's first round of magical healing aid]

Algared nods and in response to Bjarni's request prior to castings says, "I can try, to help hasten the healing of your leaking hull"

Algared prepares to cast Azure hand once more, first treating the large serious leak of Bjarni's hull. He gathers bathes the wound and within moments the wound seems to close and shrink in size, still tender and sore the wound now merely appears minor. Algared looks drained and rests a while as the band speak and prepare to train or practice depending on Eijryrk's judgement of the wounds. As Algared applies the waters to Bjarni's hips the water remains cool but doesn't chill.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Eijryk Orbaason on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Eijryk takes a look at Bjarni's wounds (and any other wounds remaining on others if they are serious enough) and tries to judge if they have healed enough so they can take part in any physical actions.

He still looks amazed at Algared when he performs his healing abilities, but don't know whether to think they are good or bad yet. He checks the sealed wounds on Bjarni closely but can't find anything bad about them and Bjarni doesn't seem to fare ill from them either, quite the opposite it seems to be all for the good. He will check Bjarni for any other noticable side effects the next few days.
avatar
Eijryk Orbaason

Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 44
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Meldun lifts up his tunic and examines his stomach, judging the healing processes. Seeing that it is healing well on its own, he will pick up his armor pieces and set them on the table, examining them. He curses himself for not being better at cleaning and mending his armor after combat. But then remembers he was busy helping with the mass funerals, and too busy to work on them. He will attempt to judge how much repairs are needed, and see about trying to get them fixed up before training.
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:30 pm

As Eijryk takes a look at Bjarni's wounds and says that they are looking good, Bjarni says "I think a few days and these will be gone. There is no smell and pus which is a good thing."

Like Meldun, he too has neglected his war gear since he was wounded and will spend the day workign on it to bring it back to tip top condirion. His byrnie has a couple of broken links where spears went through but unless there is an armourer who can repair it, I guess his mail will just be a bit tatty until such time as he can get it repired. He needs to also sew up the rents in his clothes and leathers made by the same weapons. Feeling much better he sets to with gusto.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:40 am

Time: Mid morning

Skorri leaves his clanhouse and makes his way towards the thranaal. Obviously intent on making his meeting with Cunate. The thran also have two more funerals to attend with several more of the wounded warriors having succombed to their wounds a few days ago. The smoke from the funeral pyres rising into the morning air.

With the warband gathered about in the meadhall and Eijryk checking the wounded and with the weather still fair, a cry goes out around the thran, a ship has founded in the river, less than a mile downstream, only two of its crew look to have been saved and the majority of it's cargo has gone to the bottom.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:58 am

If the ship has foundered then there is nothing to do. If however it is just rumour then we could commandeer a fishing boat and head there and have a look - well - a few of us who are sailors that is.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:33 pm

To any of his companions who happen to be around him and listening he says "Come. Let us see if we can help this boat and help salvage anything of value from it. We should also find out why it foundered - was it attacked by pirates or the Dagen?". To Bjarni he'll say "If you think you can find a fishing boat it may be helpful."

Barak gets up, he picks up his outdoor/hunting gear (including his byti sack) and heads toward those raising the hue and cry "Where are the surviors? Are they okay? Do they need a physician? What cargo was the boat carrying? Where did it flounder?"

Post by GM The survivors are no where to be seen when you exit the meadhall. The calls are coming from the west and a small knot of spectators are making their way to the sinking vessel. No one is able to answer any of your questions at this stage

Irrespective of the answers he gets, or dosn't get Barak will head down the river, on foot, looking out for where the boat got in to trouble. If he is told the sailors need a physician he'll direct Eijryk at them, or them at him, before setting off.

[OoC: What is the law/custom on salvage in Daaslund]

Post by GM The custom is that if the flotsam reaches the shoreline it becomes the property of the Valhakar, however, if any flotsam can be gathered before reaching the shoreline then it becomes the property of the person finding it
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:57 pm

"I doubt they'll be a fishing boat available Bjarni, any thing that had been left on the beach previously was burned like the Farvie." Algared says. "But I'd wwager we may be able to help the woulded or save the vessel", Eijryrk we'll need your skills for the any wounded. Sigrun, Bjarni we will certainly need you and your skills. The rest of us can haul on a line if need be, come on lets go see if we can help rescue or salvage."

With that Algared will head towards the reported accident.

Post by GM You are correct there is no boat to be seen anywhere along the docks
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:09 pm

"... and bring some rope"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Sigrun gathers her things and follows Barak.
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Following the small group of onlookers you head west for a few hundred yards (near where Algared has his glade, where he rests, meditates and has healed certain members of the warband), you eventually come across two drenched men being lead by a group of farmers towards the thran.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:52 pm

As Algared leads the band towards the sinking ship, Barak asks the sailors where they are from and what cargo they carried, before hurrying to catchup with the party.

Post by GM One of the sailors says he is a deck hand from the 48' Nivik out of Stimby. We were carrying salt, textiles, pottery and other assorted products

[OoC: So if we wade into the river and pickup floating cargo it is ours and if the put a rope round the boat and pull it ashore (before it sinks) it is ours to?]

Post by GM Yes

When Barak catches up with Algared he says "Do you think you can swim out to the boat and put a rope around the prow? Then we can pull it shore before it sinks..." in a sotto voice he adds "Isn't this where you practice you witcheries?"

"Sigrun and Borygg, can you ready the rope?"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:32 pm

Borygg pulls his rope from his knapsack, making sure the grappling hook is firmly attached.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Bjarni can swim, but not very well. [Ooc - actually at SB1 he is hopeless and I wouldn't trust him with a flutter board in the shallow end of a kiddies pool.]

"Are we going to rope the vessel but not actually beach it?" Bjarni asks. Either way he will strip down to his linens and aid however he can.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Approaching where Barak thinks the boat ought to be, he replies to Bjarni: "I thought if we can drag it on to the river bank, or at least the very shallow water, then there is a chance of saving the boat. It may be that we can have it as salvage, or it maybe that Cunate claims it. Either way we've saved the boat, helped the war effort, and proved ourselves useful. If it is repairable it might replace the Farvie...". Barak starts to look over the cliff for the boat.


Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:23 pm

[Ooc - What type of vessel is it Neil?]

"Lets heave it onto land then and bail it out. Are there bodies that can be recovered in the water?"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:54 am

Bryndis will follow the group, and add her strength to the rope if her remaining hip wound is not too severe. Otherwise, she'll keep a watchful eye, and see if she can note anything unusual.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 am

"I wonder if that third warboat the lookout saw was sunk so that it would drift underwater and cause a hindrance to river traffic" Algared says a hint of uncertainty in his voice. When asked if he can swim to the wreck he replies, "I can try swim out and attach a line," Algared says, "or help any crew still stuck out there."

[ooc: how far out is the vessel?]

Algared will remove any armour and give his pouches and broaches (including his bowl amulet) to Borryg to mind for him. Taking the rope he wades out before beginning to swim towards the vessel. He will try to watch for any sign that caused the vessel to founder. Algared hopes that depite any concerns he has that the third warboat had been sunk and has drifted down stream and provided a danger to shipping. He tries to look for signs of any of the crew either injured and still onboard or clinging to wreckage.
he moves more cautiously than some may like, and replies that he finds the water cold if asked.

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:02 am

Arriving at the scene of the stricken vessel, from your vantage point you stand about 20' above the water line upon a steep cliff face that overlooks the river. The river line is dotted with trees and knee high grass. The opposite bank is some 200' away. Barak's keen eye can see some disturbance near the top of the cliff face where it seems the the sailors were dragged up the cliff and rested, before tracks can be seen heading back towards the thran. You can see fragments of timber floating upon the water as it drifts slowly westward.

There is no sign of any vessel or its cargo. If it were not for the jetsam floating in the river there would be no evidence at all that a boat had been here.


Last edited by GM on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Amended the river width)
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:46 am

"It looks like we were too late to save the boat." says Barak "I can't see any sign of it. Who would have thought a large boat like that would sink so fast or disappear so completely? There dosn't even appear to be any cargo to save."

Disappointedly he starts to trudge back to Ygresdram...

When he returns he asks about to see if anyone knows how the boat came to sink.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:50 am

"If we go along th edge we can use the trees as an anchor point, I should be able to find swim out and investgate." Algared says.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 am

On Algared words Barak turns about. Hearing the sailors tales if how their ship met it's demise can wait.

"You'll have to tie the rope to something at the base of the cliff. The rope isn't so long that it will stretch from here. Personally, I was just going to hold on to the rope from the shallows of the river."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum