3 Saraju 720

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat May 07, 2011 10:47 am

Bjarni will indulge - frequently. This is the only feast he has been to in Ivinia and he plans to make the most of it.

As the evening progresses if there is anyone boasting of their strength or such like he will laugh at them and tell them to demonstrate.

avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat May 07, 2011 5:15 pm

When Bjarni flexes his muscles or boasts of his feats, Barak will respond "You are strong Bjarni, but not invincible. I'll challenge you to an arm wrestle."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Sat May 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Meldun toasts with the rest, but when mention of the new ally comes up, his mood will darken. He mostly focuses on his gobblet, increasingly becoming agitated when he finds it empty after seemling only taking a small drink. When he does look up, he stares at Algared for long moments, with occasional glances at the Valhakar. If asked about his mood, he will only demand more drink.
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun May 08, 2011 12:06 am

Barak Daas wrote:When Bjarni flexes his muscles or boasts of his feats, Barak will respond "You are strong Bjarni, but not invincible. I'll challenge you to an arm wrestle."

""I was hoping for a tug of war, or wrestling with one of those pompous huscarles, or anything to break the tedium of this feast. It seems more like a Jarin funeral," Bjarni says, wiping the froth from his mouth as he puts his tankard down and squares up with Barak "I will wager you the silver arm ring that I have not won yet from Cunate. I wouldn't dishonour you by wagering this poor one" Bjarni nods to the bronze ring he wears on his upper arm. He winks at Barak and says "Remember I am still wounded, so beating me will win you few bragging rights"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun May 08, 2011 10:45 am

"I do not have anything as fabulous as your silver arm band" says Barak "So I will have to wager you the gem-studded gold bracer that Cunate will give to me. Are you on?"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun May 08, 2011 2:45 pm

The food is passed about between those attending the feast and is eaten with vigour and soon disappears, more dishes are brought out from the kitchen and those attending the feast are able to eat their fill.

A dessert is finally brought out consisting of serves of pudding with a warm custard served over the top. The pudding is delicious and the custard warm and tasty.

The food is is eaten quickly while the mead and the ale continues to flow.

Those sitting nearby join Barak is the toast "Death to the Dagen!" they reply. The loud outburst catches those sitting further away by surprise but they too quickly join in with the toast before long everyone in the hall is calling "Death to the Dagen!" as they raise their tankards and drink heavily before reaching for jugs to refill their empty tankards. Cunate even lifts his tankard joining the toast.

With the meal completed those about the hall turn their attentions to drinking. With full stomaches Cunate now turns his attentions to the assembled crowd "We have gathered..." he starts but the noise in the hall takes its time to quieten before Cunate continues "We have gathered here tonight to honour the lives of those that have moved on to Talagaard recently" he pauses as those about the hall nod thier heads in agreement "we eat and drink tonight both to celebrate their lives and celebrate those that continue to live" those about the hall clap and bang the tables in agreement, when the sound subsides Cunate continues "our comrades stand besieged in the thran of Abderheim and after the feast of Ibengaad we shall take the fight to the Dagen's men to relieve this siege and aid our brothers in arms!" again the hall echoes with the clapping, cheering and banging of those about the hall.

"I have invited the Valhakar's of the minor clans that support our war and call on them to once again muster their men to our cause" their is now silence in the hall "and with them the men of clan Daas and clan Storzar will march east and deliver a blow agains the Ibanvaalers that will cause them to pause and give thought about their next incursion into Daaslund!" once again the hall erupts with the cheering and banging of those about the hall "News has arrived from Vulenheim that the King is dead, murdered in his bed chamber, I shall send for confirmation of this news on the morrow and when we have recieved a reply we shall plan our next move" his audience seem to nod their heads in agreement.

"For tonight we will eat and drink and celebrate our freedom!"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Mon May 09, 2011 6:16 am

The evenings festivities continue on through the night.

The tables are cleared of food, platters and eating utensils. Leaving only the jugs of ale and mead to be passed about the hall. With an area cleared out Bjarni and Barak lock hands across the table in preparation for the coming contest. Men join the group about the table as men cheer both Bjarni and Barak on.

Wagers are soon being placed on each man. With the contest started both arms flex as each man exherts his strenght against his opponent. Neither gives any ground to his opponent as both Bjarni and Barak attempt to force their opponent in submission. The crowd standing about you cheer encouragement to each of you.

Soon muscles begin to ache as each man pushes against his opponent in an attempt to force the others hand to the table, shoulders begin to burn as neither man gives any ground and any gain that is made is quickly re won. With forearms, upper arms and shoulder muscles burning against the strain, Barak begins to make slight gains against the injured Bjarni. This rejunvinates Bjarni into action as he pushes back against Baraks gains, but his exhertions prove fruitless and Barak is able to drive Bjarni's arm closer to the table.

With both men tiring it is Barak who is able to last the distance as he finally after such an effort is able to touch Bjarni's hand to the table. The victory was hard fought and the ache of burning muscles tells both men that they have been in a struggle. Bjarni tired from this exchange feels his wounds beginning to ache as a result of this contest.

With the contest over, there is much cheering for both competitors as the onlookers appreciated the efforts of such a struggle.

Tankards are refilled and placed in front of both competitors....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon May 09, 2011 6:26 am

Flexing his aching arm and shoulder, Bjarni will slap Barak on the shoulder by way of congratulation, no way upset by his defeat. He grabs a tankard and drains it in one draught and says "That was well fought and we might make a harpooner out of you. When I am more myself we will do this again."



avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 09, 2011 11:32 am

"When you are more yourself, I might not want to accept your challenge." laughs Barak as he rubs his tired arm. "Who else will challenge the might Bjarni, champion harpooner."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Mon May 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Sigrun sits back and watches the behavior of as many people as she can, while consuming only a modest amount of drink.


Last edited by Sigrun Surenaal on Wed May 11, 2011 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed minor typo)
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue May 10, 2011 3:54 am

Bryndis ate heartily, but will consume as little alcohol as possible; hoping to both keep her wits and not impede further healing.
Being new to this land, she does not know many people, so she will watch the revelers (as surreptitiously as possible).
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 am

Algared watches the contest between the Bjarni and Barak, he drinks as little as is polite seeking to keep his witts about himself. he spends the night seeking to strengthen his friendships, and wheneverasked maintains the water creature is a product of his recent research, if people ask why it wasn't summoned more to the east Algared replies, "There are several reasons, but in the end it was because the the glade enables him to focus the engeries to a greater degree."

Once Cunate Daas retires for the evening, Algared will also depart. He will endeavour to spend time in contemplation focusing upon the workings of the magical energies.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed May 11, 2011 12:32 am

If there are no takers for a wrestle then Bjarni will settle for drinking contests.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed May 11, 2011 2:30 am

As Barak calls for any more competitors to challenge Bjarni several line up for the chance to are wrestle with Bjarni, but Bjarni's aches and pains begin to play up after his epic contest with Barak and he calls quits to such an event "No more for this night, I still carry a few scars from our Ibanvaal visitors from the other day" instead reaching for his tankard and taking a long draught from the container draining its contents.

Reaching across the table Bjarni grabs a half full jug and begins to refill his tankard with mead before lifting it to his lips, this time though he does not drink so heavily from the cup. Sitting back on his bench he belches deeply and wipes his sleeve across his mouth.

Sigrun has several men sitting near her trying to entertain her with conversation, each seeming to best the other with feats of skill and strength, in between questions for the young pilot about her background, what clan she is from, where she is from, her occupation etc, the usual questions one would ask while getting to know someone.

Borygg wanders about the hall once the meal and other formalities are complete casting his wary eye about the hall in search of those small groups that might be discussing private business in an attempt to find out current feelings concerning their new ally, if anything is being said it is being said in hushed whispers making Borygg's task very difficult. By now everyone knows it was Algared who brought the being into exsistance but there is still a great deal of speculation about the real reasons for such an ally. The minority believe that the creature is in fact now fighting against the Ibavaalers, while another small group seem to think that the creature is in fact fighting for the Ibanvaalers (why else did it sink the merchant vessel on the river!) but the majority seem quite unsure of exactly who and/or what the creature is and by default its purpose.

Bryn spends this time in the hall chatting with not only her companions but quite a few of the other local inhabitants of the thran, all understand that she is a shieldmaiden and treat her as one of the men talking with her in a friendly manner and discussing all manner of topics as the drinks flow and inhibitions loosen.

The others in the warband are not shy for company either as most of the assembled guests within the hall stop and at some point during night offer their greetings and will then stay a while longer to chat about current events (although no one seems to bring up the creature in the river at all!!) if they percieve that they are greeted in a friendly manner, should anyone appear short or with their mind on other matters they politely excuse themselves and move on to another group. Algared notes that anyone chatting with him keeps away from the subject of what is now living in the river.

Even Cunate seems to be enjoying the evenings festivities, with tankard in hand he moves about the hall stopping and chatting with everyone, he spirits are good and he smiles broadly between drinking from his tankard and chatting with those about him.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Wed May 11, 2011 4:56 am

Bryndis seemed distant and quite at the beginning of the evening; remaining conservative, and very aware of the poor state of her attire. But as soon as she is engaged in conversation about combat and skill at arms, her mood and attitude quickly improve, becoming more animated and cheerful.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Thu May 12, 2011 4:02 pm

With the evenings festivities carrying on into the beginning of the 6th watch the crowd finally starts to disperse as the not so drunk head for their respective clanhouses or those that have had to much to drink collapse on the benches about the hall and fall asleep.

Cunate is one of the first to make his farewells allowing the other guests the opportunity to head home.

There are still many prominant members of the thran still around the hall once Cunate departs, Thaldirs is the only one to leave with him.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Thu May 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Well into his drink, Meldun's shoulders sag deeply as he attempts several times to rise from the table. Once successful, he will make his way for the exit, stumbling as he goes.
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Thu May 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Not long after Canute makes his exist Algared also withdraws, making his way to the clanhouse and bed. He hopes to be able to wake early and cary out studyof the ways of the etheral energies.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu May 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Barak is enjoying himself and is in no particular rush to leave. When he does, he'll see if hecan get Bjarni back tothe meadhall. However, if the whale is beached in the feast hall, he'll leave him there until the morrow.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri May 13, 2011 12:06 am

Bjarni plans to feast, drink, fight, sing and roar until he passes out. This is as good a place to sleep as any.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Fri May 13, 2011 3:52 am

With the night starting to wind down, Bjarni having had his fill of food and drink has found a comfortable corner of the great hall and collapsed, while Barak, Meldun and Algared have made their farewells and returned to their lodgings.

Sigrun, Bryn, Eijryk and Borygg continue to entertain themselves about the hall, as they spend their time given the hour in quiet conversations about the hall.

Finally though even the stoutest party goer has decided to call an end to the night and retires back to their respective lodgings.

Leaving the hall the wind howls about the thranaal from the north, leaving the confines of the thranaals wall the wind blows sharply from the north cutting through your warm clothing, the night sky is clear and the temperature is cold.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum