4 Saraju 720TR

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

4 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Fri May 13, 2011 3:58 am

Time: Beginning 1st watch - Mid 2nd watch

The night remains cold and the noise of the wind blowing in from the north rattles shutters and doors constantly through the night. Luckily though you have all had a fair measure of ale and mead through the night and this numbs those distractions allowing you to sleep through the night.

Awaking the next morning, all but Bjarni find they fell somewhat refreshed from the nights festivities, Bjarni however, nurses a headache and a taste in his mouth like a thousand Ibavaalers have walked through his mouth with their boots on. The warband are awoken by the noises of a new day starting about their clanhouses. The subtle noises and smells indicating that a new day is about to commence. The conversation going on about the clanhouse with the smells of burning wood and the morning meal indicate that others in the family have been awake for some time already.

The wind has dropped considerably during the night as it gusts lightly from the north east, the morning sky remains partly cloudy but the temperature remains cool.

Each of you go about your morning routines before once again meeting up with the meadhall.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri May 13, 2011 4:31 am

Bjarni heads from the feast hall down to the river and strips off and throws himself into the icy water to try and clear his head.

Then he will dress and make his way to the meadhall to great the others. He will groan and ask which giant kicked him in the head last night.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Fri May 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Sigrun climbs the hill by the river and watches to the east for a while before heading to meet her companions.
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Sat May 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Algared rises and spends time reflecting and mediating upon the way of the Shek P'var, as he endeavours to improve his ability to control the ethereal powers. He then joins the warband,. He feels frustrated only two days after the Ibanvaaler raid, and still no closer to knowing if there was or is a spy. He wonders if they could opperate to the east maybe harass the Ibanvaal siege. He sighs, if Abderheim is indeed besieged by several thousand, what could their small band do to relieve the pressure or incapacitate the Inbanvaal host. It does seem unlikely that they could destroy the fort, he wonders if they could somehow poison or incapacitate the besigers. Maybe if they were able to map and sketch the Ibanvaal preparations. Algared knows Sigrun can draw, but would even that be suicidal? Looking over the cliff at the river where the elemental destoryed the ship Algared once more sighs deeply then heads to meet his companions.

Upon meeting the wareband he suggests they once again practice their formations and working together. As they train Algared asks if they have any further further suggeastions for tasks suited to their band. If any are wounded and desire to be free of their wounds, he offers to wash the wounds in water before the bandages are changed.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun May 15, 2011 12:28 am

At the thought of training, Bjarni will raise his left buttock and let rip. "Here Algared, see if you can control this mystical ethereal force."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Sun May 15, 2011 1:28 am

Barak gets up and goes through his normal morning routine. He has no plans for the day and will go with the flow. Left to his own devices he will practice the bow and his Orbaalese...
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Sun May 15, 2011 4:01 am

Meldun preforms his normal morning ritual, including praying at the temple. At breakfast in the meadhall, his sour mood will be evident to all that see him.


Last edited by Meldun Jarlaka on Sun May 15, 2011 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Sun May 15, 2011 7:28 am

Sighs at Bjarni's retort then adds, "Sorry Bjarni, Odivshie members of the guild of arcane Lore use water, you'd have to piss for me to have any chance of being able to use the ethereal you probably desire a Lyahvi member to purify that gas... or maybe a physician can give you a purgative to restore the balance of your humors." Algared smiles trying to make light of the response and in order to hide his own concerns, but seeing Bjarni's reply, Barak's easy going attitude and Meldun's sour mood Algared doesn't press the notion of training at all.

Rather he approaches Meldun and sits with him and says, "You seem troubled, what ails you my friend?"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Sun May 15, 2011 10:23 am

"Don't encourage him Algared. The last thing we need is him pissing on the floor as we try to eat."

"If we are to practice, does that mean we're going back to 'your' glade? If so, I can see what is lurking in the woods again; another brace of hares would be good. However, I don't see how it helps us with Telsi, isolating us so."

"Maybe we should ask Cunate if he has any messages that he'd like us to take to Abderheim. That way we'll be doing something useful as well as furthering our cause. It will also take us a long way away from that whirlpool, and the further away I am from such unnatural things, the happier I will feel."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Sun May 15, 2011 10:59 am

Barak Daas wrote:"Don't encourage him Algared. The last thing we need is him pissing on the floor as we try to eat."

"If we are to practice, does that mean we're going back to 'your' glade? If so, I can see what is lurking in the woods again; another brace of hares would be good. However, I don't see how it helps us with Telsi, isolating us so."

"Maybe we should ask Cunate if he has any messages that he'd like us to take to Abderheim. That way we'll be doing something useful as well as furthering our cause."

Upon barak's inquiry, Algared nods. "I think that would work for the best, maybe you could check for any fresh tracks from people, besides my own. At least that way we can check on the welfare of our ally. And I may have some time to study it in further detail to better enhance my abilities... and like you say it may provide you with a chance to bag a brace a hares.

I agree the task we were asked to carry out seems one we are unsuited for... though maybe it is for the fact that Sigrun, Bjarni, Eijryk and even Borryg are relatively knew to the thran and may have seen things through fresh eyes. Well we have reported on what we could find. I'd love us to raid the Ibanvaal, or maybe scout them out. if we can find out their positions or even hamper them it would be a boon. And Sigrun can draw so we could record what we find.. but I'd rather be doing something that aided us in the war rather than brewing an ale... or whatever with the knowledge that we will be marching soon.... but if we are too injured or poorly to train I doubt we are fit to carry out any other task. Though wounds I can likely speed along the healing process, but magic is always dangerous but I'd rather as many healthy friends with me when march."

Algared will listen to views of the others and then decide if they really do need to practice or spend the day at rest, given that as distant as the battle now feels with all that has happened, it is only about three days since the warboats arrived and the siege of abderhiem began.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Sun May 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Algared wrote: Rather he approaches Meldun and sits with him and says, "You seem troubled, what ails you my friend?"

Meldun's violet eyes shows the exhaustion, concern, frustration, and hangover brewing in his body. Looking around quickly to ensure no one outside of the warband is within earshot, he begins in earnest.

"Before, yesterday, in the glade, you told us that this ally of ours was attracted to here because you practice your magicks in that location. And that the Dagen is using its presence to ferret out the supposed spy, as well as a deterrent to the Dagen and his men... it is just..." Meldun breaks his rhythm and looks off into the distance for a few breaths while his left hand absently strokes his holy symbol.

"It's that, in Marby, we don't practice this type of behavior... To have knowledge of something, and mislead with false information... to purposely withhold the truth... it is to walk a fine line with the Ljarl. To not speak your truth as you know it is to not show courage."
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Sun May 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Meldun Jarlaka wrote:
Algared wrote: Rather he approaches Meldun and sits with him and says, "You seem troubled, what ails you my friend?"

Meldun's violet eyes shows the exhaustion, concern, frustration, and hangover brewing in his body. Looking around quickly to ensure no one outside of the warband is within earshot, he begins in earnest.

"Before, yesterday, in the glade, you told us that this ally of ours was attracted to here because you practice your magicks in that location. And that the Dagen is using its presence to ferret out the supposed spy, as well as a deterrent to the Dagen and his men... it is just..." Meldun breaks his rhythm and looks off into the distance for a few breaths while his left hand absently strokes his holy symbol.

"It's that, in Marby, we don't practice this type of behavior... To have knowledge of something, and mislead with false information... to purposely withhold the truth... it is to walk a fine line with the Ljarl. To not speak your truth as you know it is to not show courage."

"As to why the creature is here in that location," Algared says as they talk quietly together, "it may well be because I practice my arts in the area that drew it here. As to using it to ferret out a traitor if possible how is that dishonourable. How is spying on us and helping the Dagan plot the death of your clan honourable.. And if showing a lack of courage helps prevent a panic and and may save the lives of my friends and kin then so be it. Three days ago we fought to defend the Thran, war came to very doors, I hope that crying out to Bronwyn for aid actually cuased her to help us that day none the less, many friends were lost as a result, homes and businesses destroyed and then we have the creature. How do you think people in Marby would react were the same to happen to them. Would you deliberatly speak every detail you know and course even more worry, I imagine that is what any Valhaker does when seeking the ensure the welfare of the entire clan? It may be a fine line, but I'd rather walk that than cause undue grief, and hopefully Bjarri will help keep us walking the on line so that we neither stay or turn aside. As it was the feast did more to honour all who have died in this conflict than anything else."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 16, 2011 2:02 am

Barak listens to the conversation between Meldun and Algared and at a natural point interjects:

"What I don't understand with your plan, Algared, is... if we've set the bait to flush out the prey, then how will we bag our catch, if we're a mile away in the woods?"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Mon May 16, 2011 3:41 am

Barak Daas wrote:Barak listens to the conversation between Meldun and Algared and at a natural point interjects:

"What I don't understand with your plan, Algared, is... if we've set the bait to flush out the prey, then how will we bag our catch, if we're a mile away in the woods?"

"True, though I imagine that a spy may want to invest the creature whilst no-one is there. So using your tracking skills could help identify suspects or those merely inquisative. Though in truth if a spy reports to the Dagan that we have such powers available to us it may cause him to pause in his advance, it certainlty wouldn't discourage him if he thought the alternative were true. Hence the desire to ease ease concerns and claim that the creature was a deliberate and calculated summoning, though given the injuries, and sore heads some of us carry maybe we would be better off using today for healing and other tasks and we train tomorrow." Algared pauses, "We can keep our eyes and ears open, any news or rumours may help us identify any spies or collaborators if they are present..."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon May 16, 2011 5:13 am

Bjarni shakes his head. All this talk of spies leaves him none the wiser. The people he knows here are either around the table or mostly dead.

"What do you want us to do," he indicates the other Orbaalese. "We know so few souls here that to us everyone could be a spy. If Algared goes off to his glade and makes a show of going. we can just see if anyone follows."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 16, 2011 9:11 am

"Sounds like, from what has been said, that only Algared and I need go to the glade. Once I've checked out the tracks, I cab make my own way back here via a circulous route to see what I can bag."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Mon May 16, 2011 9:27 am

'Well Bjarni i had thought it would serve us well to work on fighting as a unit.. as for anything that seems strange or suspicious I'm not sure what you and the others can do to help, it seems a task better suited to Jurri and Zeoul who were from what I understand adept at understanding the truth of the matter. I suppose we rest today and recover and train tomorrow morning after breaking fast. I will try to see the Daas and see if their is a task suited to the skills each of us bring." Algared replies. 'Turning to Barak he then adds, 'Unless there is an overwhelming desire to carry out some shield work.'
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon May 16, 2011 9:31 am

"Well I am sure you will sort it out. I am going fishing." Bjarni gets up, belches and makes his way down to the beach to see if anyone wants a hand on a boat. If not, he will find some line and hooks and spend the day fishing or sleeping, whichever provides the most reward.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 16, 2011 10:47 am

On Bjarni's way out of door, Barak says to him "It would not do any harm to keep an eye, or even a ear, open to anything strange happening around you. If you see anyone following Algared, be sure to let us know. I suspect that the fishing boats may well have left by now, but ask for Kelsi, I hear he is looking for an extra hand."

[OoC: Kelsi being someone in the fishing community who is short - there is bound to be someone - following the casualties fighting the Ivanvaal.]


Last edited by Barak Daas on Mon May 16, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon May 16, 2011 11:25 am

"I will do that Barak," Bjarni says and he heads out.

Post by GM By the time that Bjarni arrives at the docks he remembers that the fishing fleet has not been docking here at Ygesdram because of the " damn infernal, no wait thats not it, the airthermal, no thats not it either, bugger Algared knows what is called the sea creature thingy" he mubbles to himself once he arrives at the dock.

The boats have been pulling in upon the beach of a small thran a mile or so to the west and by the time Bjarni travelled that distance he knew that all the boats would surely have to put to sea by then. Besides walking alone near that 'pet' of Algared's did not sit easy with the big man.

Finding the docks almost bare of people except for a few longshoreman and two people repairing a damaged net the place seems deviod of activity. A few quick questions soon reveals that there is no fishing gear around that anyone is prepared to 'lend' this new arrival in town.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon May 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Borygg tells Algarad, "I'll be your shadow, but from a distance. I will follow you discreetly and watch to see who pays any attention to your comings and goings."
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Tue May 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Sigrun returns to her watch atop the hill.

Post by GM The call of the water brings Sigrun back to her vantage point atop the the small rise to the east of thran. This hill is starting to be called "Sigrun's rise" among the members of the warband. The pilot sits atop the rise and watches the waterway noting every eddy that catches her eye, she notes the rise and fall of the tide and the little intricacies of the river current as it makes its way past the thran.

The fauna about the thran catches her attentions too, the gulls swirling overhead in search of food and their incesant calling from the docks as they try to find an easy meal. Occassionaly during her watch Sigrun notes the smaller gulls give way to a lone kestral that hovers over the docks searching for food before making a strike and making off with it's quarry.

The sounds of the thran behind her provide an unfamiliar yet pleasant background noise, there is the feint hammering of metal on metal (probably from the weaponsmiths), the murmur of conversations that catch the wind and drift to your ears, the calls of all manner of animals from the barking of dogs, the bleating of sheep and goats and the 'honking' of geese from the nearby clanhouses and just below that the barely heard but distintive clucking of chickens and the grunting of pigs.

But the thing most disturbing to you is the sound of silence coming from the docks, you know from experience that this part of every thran is always a hive of activity at any time of the day, but the dock here at Ygesdram sits in relative silence.
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Wed May 18, 2011 1:23 am

With Bjarni having left to make his way down to the docks and Sigrun to once again take a vigil atop 'Sigrun's rise', Borygg decides to leave before Barak and Algared to gain a better vantage point to watch over their departure. Barak and Algared head off towards 'Algared's glade' the men chat amiably with each other as the follow the path westward past what is left of the timberwright's holdings and then they turn and head up the rise to the west.

The two men do their best to keep an eye out discretely should anyone follow. The two men make their way to the small glade without noticing anything out of the ordinary. Barak leaves Algared alone to his own devices as he turns his attentions to things he does understand and begins to cast about the ground for any recent sign of activity. Near the edge of the glade just inside the treeline you find a small unadorned brass ring nearly buried in the ground the item may be worth several pennies to someone, but otherwise looks quite plain. The ring was found amid the old human footprints probably dropped during the commotion the other day when Algared's creature attacked the trading vessel.

Not being able to find any sign of recent activity about this place Barak bids Algared a farewell and heads off towards the west in search of some game.

Borygg leaves the meadhall a little before Barak and Algared and finds a suitable vantage point atop the rise near the thranaal. Taking a seat near the thranaal's wall Borygg pretends to occupy himself with some small activity while scanning the thran for anything out of the oridinary. He soon sees Barak and Algared leave the hall and as their view reaches his vantage point they wave to him, Borygg returns the wave and returns his attentions to his current task.

Borygg watches the thran around him for anything unusual and then something strikes him, Skorri Daas stands near the bonding house talking with several of his longshoreman when he seems to notice Algared and Barak leave the meadhall. Skorri watches the two men head west along the path while not paying any further attention to his conversation finally returning to his chat once Algared and Barak are out of his view.

Keeping his attentions upon Skorri he watches as he dismisses all but one of the longshoreman, chats with him for a short time before heading back into the bonding house. The longshoreman looks to be one Dern Hilsen after offering a quick wave to Skorri head south through the market square and along the road through the thran and begins the slow climb of the rise off to the east, Dern disappears from view after descending the far side of a small rise some several hundered yards to the east.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Wed May 18, 2011 2:32 am

Once Barak has finished his search and heads off Algared approaches the edge of the rise overlooking the river. He notes any changes in the river and then settles down to write notes in the language of his orde, about the creature, so that at a later time, he will be able to draw upon the information in later research. Once his notes are completed he will mediatate, aiming to improve his control of the ethereal engeries, unless disturbed or called away.

Post by GM The current flows slowly towards the west, the waters surface remains calm with the occassional eddy forming but the water remains calm. Algared takes his usual position beneath a shady tree and taking out his arcane book he finds an empty page and prepares his quill and ink bottle and then pauses to collect his thoughts concerning the creation of this ethereal creature, with his thoughts collected Algared scribbles several lines into his book. Algared spends most of the morning hours like this as he attempts to remember the events of that morning.

His left hand aching from his note taking he flexes his fingers trying to stretch the ache away, standing Algared wanders about the glade for a moment to stretch his legs and back before resuming his place under the tree, which is still warm from his own body heat, closing his eyes he begins to meditate upon the ways of his order, the sounds of crashing water reach his ears but when he opens his eyes it seems his concentration is broken and the river returns to its calm passage.

This happens on two more occassions as Algared attempts to meditate on the ways of his order it seems that his thoughts disturb the ethereal in the water.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed May 18, 2011 2:39 am

Borygg will do a quick check to see if any of his friends are about. He plans to head off after the longshoreman but will see if there is anyone he can notify of this plan. He'll check to see if Skorri has gone back inside, then follow the departing man. Having planned to drill with the group today, Borygg has his armour and weapons (including bow) so he hopes that anyone seeing him assumes he's heading out to do some hunting.

Post by GM Borygg knows that Bryn and Meldun are still in the meadhall at this time.

Edit by GM Probably not dressed for hunting in your armour but I get your meaning Wink


Last edited by Borygg Raal on Wed May 18, 2011 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum