4 Saraju 720TR

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Wed May 18, 2011 2:42 am

Barak eventually returns to Algared carrying a brace of ducks.

Barak cautiously approaches the river bank edge and peers over at the waters below. Any signs of incipient whirlpools?

"I am off back to the thran." he says "Coming?".
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed May 18, 2011 2:59 am

Trying to not lose any time, Borygg will swing by the meadhall and find Bryn and Meldun. He'll tell them what he saw with Skorri and that he is going to follow the longshoreman (including which way he went, who it was, etc.). If one of them wants to accompany him while the other stays to relay the message, that would be great.

Post by GM Quickly gathering his gear Borygg heads down the slope towards the meadhall, opening the door he tells Bryn and Meldun that he is going to follow up a possible lead. Asking if anyone is interested in joining him he does not wait around long for an answer before heading off towards the east.

Racing up the hill Borygg tries to gain some distance on the longshoreman.

Following the path towards the east Borygg keeps a watchful eye out as he crests the rise, descending down the other side Boyrgg tries to close the distance with Dern Hilsen. Soon he has the man in sight and follows the longshoreman east, Dern does little to try to hide his movements, he moves at a steady walking pace and follows the road all the way to the thran of Jeinmark.

He moves through the centre of the thran and you loose him several times briefly as he moves about the clanhouses of the thran, but he is quickly found again. Dern makes his way to a clanhouse towards the south east edge of the thran, after knocking upon the door he is greeted warmly by an older man and is allowed to enter the clanhouse.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Wed May 18, 2011 5:43 am

[OoC: Is Bjorn also at the meadhall??]

Post by GM Bjorn mumbles something about his leg and decides that he does not wish to wander the countryside today

If stealth is required, Bjorn might be a better choice, but if stealth is not required Bryndis will jump at the chance to stretch her legs.

Assuming stealth is not required: Bryndis will equip herself in her usual travel attire (armour, shield & weapons) and head after Borygg.
She'll be sure to make some comment about "perhaps you can show me around this land, since I'm new here"...

Post by GM With Borygg tapping his foot, Bryn quickly gathers her gear together and with a smile joins Borygg on the road towards the east
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed May 18, 2011 5:57 am

Borygg will edge Bryndis toward someplace they can watch the house but not be obvious. He'll see if there are any signs that might indicate the occupation of the occupant. [OOC: How big is the clanhouse? Any workshops or outbuildings, etc?]

Post by GM The clanhouse is typical of those about Daaslund, of average size and of average construction. Several small sheds are scattered around the clanhouse with a small garden all enclosed behind a low wooden fence. Judging by the wooden buildings about the holding it would seem that the owner of this clanhouse would be a farmer or something similiar

"I'm going to walk around the clanhouse a bit to see what I can find out. We need to find out whose clanhouse this is. Maybe you could go up to someone up the way a bit and say, 'Excuse me, I'm new here and am looking for the house of Sven Forkbeard. Can you tell me if that (point to the house in question) is his house?' With any luck they'll say 'No, that's the house of Hrafn, the cheesemaker,' or whatever. Unless you've got any ideas."
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Wed May 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Barak Daas wrote:Barak eventually returns to Algared carrying a brace of ducks.

Barak cautiously approaches the river bank edge and peers over at the waters below. Any signs of incipient whirlpools?

"I am off back to the thran." he says "Coming?".

Upon Barak's return and questioning Algared rises and nods, "I believe I've learned a little more about the creature, and yes I'll come." Standing he retune from the glade. "Seems your hunt was profitable as well."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Wed May 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Bryndis will wait for Borygg to wander away, then slowly make her way to the other side of the clanhouse (so as to approach from a different direction). She'll make a show of being lost, looking at houses, turning about to get her bearing, and when she's not too close to the building in question, she'll try to find someone out and about (working or walking) and inquire:

"Excuse me, I'm not from around here and am looking for the household of Sven Stenn. Can you tell me if that (pointing at the clanhouse in question) is his abode?"

(I'll make sure I have a good vantage of the building, but not be so close as to cause wonder why I didn't just go up and knock on the door.)

Post by GM There are a number of people out and about at this time of day, women and children are tending their small holdings, picking weeds out, gathering herbs and general maintenance of their gardens. Passing by a nearby clanhouse you see two young girls both under ten years of age playing near the fence while an older woman appears to be selecting herbs from various plants.

"Excuse me, I'm not from around here and am looking for the household of Sven Stenn. Can you tell me if that (pointing at the clanhouse in question) is his abode?" says Bryn the older of the two girls looks puzzled for a moment before the older woman notices this conversation and eyeing off the shieldmaiden asks Bryn her business and so Bryn repeats her question.

"No it isn't" the older woman replies somewhat unsure of your intentions "There is no Sven Stenn around here" the woman says "Girls go inside" the woman prompts and after several moments of debating the children finally gather their toys and move inside "Why do you seek him, is he a clansmen, perhaps there is someone around here who maybe able to aid you shieldmaiden?"
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu May 19, 2011 2:00 am

Seeing as these miserable excuses for clansmen in this gods-forsaken thran wont lend him a fishing line, Bjarni will put part two of has plan into action and find a nice spot and rest. He will note the odd comings and goings of his shipmates and wonder what is happening.

Post by GM Adjusting a shoulder strap of your equipment you leave the two men to their business and head west along the shoreline until you eye off what seems like a comfortable spot near the water. Taking up a comfortable position, you suddenly remember the river creature and decide that it might be safer to move further ashore.

Once again you spot what seems like a comfortable position and taking up a relaxing position you soon find yourself drifting off to sleep, awaking intermitantly as nearby noises catch your attention. Lifting your head you cast your gaze about the thran and not noticing any change you lay your head back down and soon drift off to sleep once again
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Thu May 19, 2011 3:48 am

Time: End 3rd watch

Algared and Barak nearing the thran notice the huge bulk of who could only be Bjarni laying a little distance from the rivers edge near the western edge of the beach. Nearing Bjarni's location they see Sigrun approaching and standing over the top of the prone man she appears to wake him before the two of them sit and start to chat.

Borygg and Bryn are still absent.

Meldun, Bjorn and Eijryk are keeping themselves busy about the meadhall.

While Sigrun has been occupying herself keeping a vigil atop 'Sigrun's rise' underneath the lone tree before leaving her location and making her way down the slope towards the resting Bjarni.


Last edited by GM on Sat May 21, 2011 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Thu May 19, 2011 5:36 am

Bryndis wrote:"My apologies for disturbing you mistress. I am a long way from my home in Orbaal, and an associate, Bjarri Stenn, told me I could find his cousin in these parts." A confused look will cross Bryndis' face, "though I'll admit I'm probably lost." She scratches her head (in apparent thought) as she mutters to herself, "...and Bjarri did say his cousin might have moved farther south, Milnheim or Trond perhaps." With a small sigh, she'll seem to focus again on the woman before her and, giving a slight bow, say "I thank you for your assistance. It appears either the Stenn household has moved, or Bjarri's information was wrong. Is there an alehouse hereabouts where I might seek direction, and a quench of my thirst?" she'll look about as if trying to spot the alehouse

Post by GM"From Orbaal you say, my third cousin Nereal Drandraal, she lives neary Daasen, do you know of her?" the women asks the woman starts to nod in agreement when Bryndis mentions that she is probably lost "I think you are for there be no one of that name around this parts nor Ygesdram or Abderheim although I would suggest you keep your distance from that place" looking about her she adds "the Ibanvaalers have the thran there surrounded" she whispers like it is a secret (which it is not!)

"Well I know of no one in Milnheim or Trond, but there has been no one of that name around here for as long as I can remember though" the woman points to a clanhouse further north and closer to the small thranaal and says "Rila lives in that clanhouse there, she knows everyone that has been around these parts may chance she might be of better assistance"

The woman looks a little shocked when another woman asks about an alehouse but then remember Bryn is dressed as a shieldmaiden the woman offers her something to drink "You can quench your thirst here young shieldmaiden!" the woman adds
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Fri May 20, 2011 7:52 am

Sigrun stands and stretches. She takes her gaze from the river and looks upon the docks and then toward the thran. She pauses and turns her head back when she spots Bjarni asleep. A smile steals its way across her face.

Slowly walking down the hill, Sigrun circles back, heading along the river. When she gets to Bjarni's rest area, she stands so as to block the sunlight from his face, until that causes him to awaken.

"Alright then, enough of this waiting. Let's build a boat."
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri May 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Slowly opening his eyes and squinting aginst the light, Bjarni listens to Sigrun and replies "So that is what you have been brooding on." He picks himself up and yawns. "Well, let's get on with it then Pilot"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Sat May 21, 2011 10:46 am

Post by GM
"From Orbaal you say, my third cousin Nereal Drandraal, she lives neary Daasen, do you know of her?" the women asks the woman starts to nod in agreement when Bryndis mentions that she is probably lost "I think you are for there be no one of that name around this parts nor Ygesdram or Abderheim although I would suggest you keep your distance from that place" looking about her she adds "the Ibanvaalers have the thran there surrounded" she whispers like it is a secret (which it is not!)

"Well I know of no one in Milnheim or Trond, but there has been no one of that name around here for as long as I can remember though" the woman points to a clanhouse further north and closer to the small thranaal and says "Rila lives in that clanhouse there, she knows everyone that has been around these parts may chance she might be of better assistance"

The woman looks a little shocked when another woman asks about an alehouse but then remember Bryn is dressed as a shieldmaiden the woman offers her something to drink "You can quench your thirst here young shieldmaiden!" the woman adds

"Daasen you say? I haven't been there, I'm from the eastern coast, Marby to be precise. But if I ever make it over that way, I'll be sure to look your cousin up. I thank you for your hospitality."

I will make small talk with her "oh, it's terrible what's happening in Abderheim", etc... carrying on a conversation without giving anything away anything or appearing to pry for information.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Sat May 21, 2011 4:23 pm

And so the conversation goes as you chat with your 'new' friend. The woman arranges for a jug of ale to be brought out and you both share a cup while you chat about Marby and the war with Ibanvaal. It is quite some time before you are able to politely take your leave of the woman.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Sun May 22, 2011 3:11 am

'Do you see Borryg?" Algared asks Barak as they head back.

As the pair continue their slow return and near the meadhall, they spy Sigrun approach Bjarni and talk, before the large man rises to follow the pilot.
"I'll see what they are up to, and if they spied anything of interest?" Algared says leaving barak to retun his mornings catch while he heads towards Bjarni and Sigrun.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Sun May 22, 2011 6:54 am

"We'll see what we can salvage from the wrecks. If the apprentices learned anything useful, they could be a big help. I've never done this from the bottom up, but hopefully we can come up with something. At the very least it will give us something to do while they wait to get surrounded here." Sigrun pauses her conversation with Bjarni as she watches Algared approach.
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun May 22, 2011 8:12 am

"I think the Nildrom clan will think we are trying to take over their shipyard. Still, if Cunate doesn't see that we do something useful - another hull in the water cannot be a bad thing in a war - then he is a fool."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Borygg Raal on Sun May 22, 2011 5:18 pm

GM wrote:And so the conversation goes as you chat with your 'new' friend. The woman arranges for a jug of ale to be brought out and you both share a cup while you chat about Marby and the war with Ibanvaal. It is quite some time before you are able to politely take your leave of the woman.
Borygg watches as Bryndis chats with the woman. He's trying to act nonchalant and not stand out while he keeps an eye on the clanhouse the longshoreman entered.

Borygg is thinking that, depending on what (if any) information Bryndis comes back with, he may suggest to her that they need to take more direct action on the longshoreman. Borygg is thinking that he should head back down the road toward Ygesdram and find a place to ambush the longshoreman on his return. They may need to beat some information out of the guy. He thinks maybe Bryndis should remain here and watch for the longshoreman to leave the clanhouse, then follow behind a bit. Borygg plans to ask Bryndis her thoughts on this when she is finished talking to the local woman.

By the way, Borygg's background says he has a history with one of Skorri's longshoremen. Would this happen to be that guy?

Post by GM No but he is one of his close friends
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 23, 2011 2:38 am

Once Barak is back in the thran, he says his farewells to Algared and goes off to seek Skorri. He'll look for him in the warehouse first, and then his home.

Post by GM Nearing the warehouse you hear the sounds of a conversation coming from within. One person appears to be talking either to an audience or himself it is not possible to tell from your present position. As you get closer to the building the voice sounds gruff and displeased about something. Slowing your pace you ease towards the warehouse hoping to catch something of the conversation.

The voice can now be identified as Skorri's and he is non to pleased about something, nearing the door way you can hear him continue his rant, his voice now becomes clearer and he appears to making comment about the current situation upon the river, it will be time soon for the farmers to bring in the wool from their sheep which should be stored here and shipped from the docks of Ygesdram, but with that 'thing' in the water, no boat would dare sail here now. It will in all likelyhood mean that the wool will be taken to a thran further west where the waters are safer.

Making your presence known as you near the warehouse Skorri quickly stops his talking and as you turn the corner of the doorway you see Skorri with 3 of his longshoreman.

The inside of the warehouse contains numerous clay pots of various sizes, the contents of which could only be guessed at. Wooden boxes are also stacked against the walls, while sacks of other produce are stacked about the warehouse. The warehouse is lit by two lanterns hanging from the ceiling and the smell of the familiar burning whale oil permeates that room. A door at the far end of the buiding is closed (behind which is presumabley the office space for Skorri's business).

Skorri looks at you as you enter the warehouse "Greetings Barak, what brings you here this day?" he asks pleasantly enough.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 23, 2011 8:42 am

Greetings Barak, what brings you here this day?" he asks pleasantly enough.
"Greetings Skorri." after a few pleasantries he says "I am here because I am hoping we can trade. I am after some cheese, oatcakes, honey and nuts which I hope you have. Against the odds, and after a long and difficult hunt, I have been fortunate to catch these ducks. I am sure you'd fancy a nice succulent roast duck this evening. So, do we have a deal?

Post by GM Skorri scoffs at your proposal "Barak, you have brought little more than a snack yet you ask for a banquet in return, I counter with your two ducks for a dozen oatcakes and a pound of cheese" the longshoremen standing next to Skorri smile at Barak's proposal. Skorri looks questioningly
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Mon May 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Sigrun Surenaal wrote:"We'll see what we can salvage from the wrecks. If the apprentices learned anything useful, they could be a big help. I've never done this from the bottom up, but hopefully we can come up with something. At the very least it will give us something to do while they wait to get surrounded here." Sigrun pauses her conversation with Bjarni as she watches Algared approach.

Greeting his companions Algared asks what they are doing and if they have noticed anything of noteworthy. Upon hearing bjarni's response Algared replies, 'A boat building would be a valuable asset, but Bjarni has the gistof it. Clan Nildrom has the rights to shipbuilding, unless you either gain their approaval or the Daas I am sure just starting to build a vessel would be considered a breach of the clans priveldge and rights. I would advise that we approach clan Nildrom or the Daas before you begin.'
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 23, 2011 2:50 pm

"A banquet you say? A banquet would be a brace of plump freshly caught ducks. And not any old ducks, but the finest ruddy ducks. I have not see their like for a while. Not much is being caught these days with all the extra people in the thran. Yes a banquet they'd make. Oatcakes and cheese are meaner rations than I'd find after a month long sea journey in a pindar... However, times are tight, so though a dozen oatcakes and a pound of cheese for a pair of duck is a tough bargain, I will accept it."

[OoC: I don't know the relative value of the items (Barak would), but I assume fresh game would now be rare, that Skorri will offer far less than fair value, and that he'll expect people to haggle."]

Post by GM Skorri sorts through his warehouse and enters the back room, reappearing with note that you are to take to Raal Daas (the miller) and claim your oatcakes (this would be considered a normal practice) and then clearing a space around a set of nearby scales Skorri weighs a pound of cheese before having it wrapped in a sack cloth before giving it to you in exchange for the ducks.

A pair of ducks are worth 3f per pair and provide only a 1/2 mandays, a lb of cheese is worth about 1d and a dozen oatcakes worth 1f, so you got a reasonable deal. Perhaps the thought of a duck stew got Skorri salivating Wink
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Barak thanks Skorri for the cheese [OoC: Hard I hope] and heads of to Raal for the oatcakes. Since Barak can not read he'll have to trust Skorri that he'll get his due. After that he heads up to Roldin to see if he fancies bartering silver for honey and beeswax.

Post by GM Raal greets you as you enter his mill "Greetings Barak, what brings you to my humble mill this day?" Raal asks. Offering the small parchment to Raal he smiles saying "I see you have been doing a little trade with Skorri" as he offers you a small bundle containing a dozen oatcakes, Raal chats with you briefly before you depart his mill
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Mon May 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Bryndis will thank the lady for her hospitality and make her goodbyes (I hope she got the ladies name in the conversation... as she would have given hers...). She'll wander off, trying to spy Borrygg without making way directly towards him.

When she does finally make her way to him, she'll let him know that she wasn't able to garner the name of the occupant, and ask what he suggests next.

Post by GM You are able to get the womans name during the conversation. Making your way discretely towards Borygg you attend to attract attention as there are not to many shieldmaidens roaming these parts and anyone nearby tends to watch you as you pass by. You finally arrive at Borygg's location
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Mon May 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Sigrun frowns, "Let's talk with whomever we have to, Algared."
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue May 24, 2011 12:23 am

"Lets go straight to Cunate, Sigrun. Tell him we will get a warboat sea worthy and find a crew and will use it to fight his battles and fulfil our obligations to him. More use than us sitting around here."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum