4 Saraju 720TR

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu May 26, 2011 12:43 am

As Algared leaves Bjarni turns to Barak and Meldun and shrugs. "He needs a woman."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Thu May 26, 2011 1:36 am

Meldun spits out the ale from his mouth and laughs heartily. "Well said, my friend. Well said indeed."

Meldun lifts open his tunic to examine his wound to ensure it is healing well (is it?). "It's not that bad of a wound..." he mumbles. Then looks back up at the others and shrugs.
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu May 26, 2011 1:54 am

"He is right about one thing though, Sigrun. Reality is while we may get that wreck floating, I doubt we would ever want to take her into a swell. Which is why I will push the Daas for a raid. I know you want to find out about your family and the only way to do that is to go where the enemy is."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Thu May 26, 2011 6:37 am

Sigrun pulls Algared aside and speaks to him alone.
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Fri May 27, 2011 7:06 am

Time: Mid 4th watch

With the weather continuing to remain fine but cool with a few clouds obscuring an otherwise blue sky the breeze continues to blow from the north east and the day remain pleasant.

Borygg and Bryndis maintain their surveillance of the longshoreman as he goes about the repairs of the fences surrounding several fields. The target stops his work and takes a rest has he drinks from a clay jug he has removed from the cloth satchel which now lays nears his feet. The man readjusts damaged fence railings and fixes them into position with hammer and nails.

After watching the longshoreman for about a quarter watch Borygg and Bryn decide to call the surveillance over and head back toward the thran of Jeinmark.


Last edited by GM on Sat May 28, 2011 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Fri May 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Barak chats to Bjarni, Meldun, and the others. He says amongst other things:

"Algared seems to be in a bit of a mood recently. The raid on Ygresdram has changed him and that whirlpool did not help."

and

"Algared is right about one thing, repairing or building a boat is going to be near-on impossible. The reason the wreck was not pulled on to the beach is because everyone knew it would fall apart if you tried. Leaving aside all the issues of clan privilege, which I am sure you can be got round if there is the will, there is also the issue of actually building a boat. Ygresdram has never been a hub of boat building and the facilities, tools and supplies have all been destroyed. Timber is going to be a major issue you know. Well seasoned timber, grown to the the right shape for ribs, knees, masts steps, etc., does not just grown on trees" he smiles at his own 'joke' and continues "There were only limited supplies here, not enough for a whole boat I bet, and most of that appears destroyed. Even if we had permission to fell all the local trees we wanted, finding the right shapes will be difficult." he pauses to consider his thoughts "And then there is the construction time. How long will it take to build a boat from scratch? Three months? I suspect we have only days."

and later

"As for Sigrun, I am sure Cunate could find her a position as a pilot on one of his boats. A good pilot would be aways be wanted. But I think she really wants to find out about her family. To do that a raid in to Storazlund would be required. I agree that would be better than do that than wait for the Dagen to make a move against us here, since when he does I doubt he'll be giving us the initiative, or be planning on us to escaping. I am not sure the Cunate will approve of such a thing, and even convincing Algared will be difficult. All he seems to want to do is contemplate the river."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Sat May 28, 2011 12:53 am

[OoC: To be honest, I only see Bryndis having maybe an hours patience for watching fence repairs... ]

"I really think we're barking up the wrong tree here, and don't fancy watching more of this labour... at least not without a good drink in my hand. I'm for heading back, Borygg, what say you?"

[Sorry I've been absent... end-of-month crazy time]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Borygg Raal on Sat May 28, 2011 1:41 am

Bryndis Serewyn wrote:[OoC: To be honest, I only see Bryndis having maybe an hours patience for watching fence repairs... ]

"I really think we're barking up the wrong tree here, and don't fancy watching more of this labour... at least not without a good drink in my hand. I'm for heading back, Borygg, what say you?"

[Sorry I've been absent... end-of-month crazy time]
Borygg nods his head in agreement. "I think you're right. He doesn't appear to be up to no good. Maybe this is his family. Maybe he just passed along a message to someone and they are taking it to the enemy. Who knows? But I don't think we'll get any answers from watching him fix fence. Let's head back to Ygesdram."
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Sat May 28, 2011 7:27 am

Time: Nearing the end of the 4th watch

Bryn and Borygg follow the narrow dirt path that winds between the fields boundaries as they head back towards the small thran of Jeinmark. Passing through the small thran the two make their way west towards the thran of Ygesdram.

Returning west along the dirt road the two head towards Ygesdram, walking between the fields and meadows and passing through the occassional copse of woods under the shadow of the trees you are surrounded by the sounds of the fields, with the calls from birds flying overhead, insects buzzing about you and the other myriad of sounds that can disturb the silence of the road.

Borygg and Bryn finally arrive back in the thran of Ygesdram as they both descend the small rise to the east and enter into the thran proper with about a quarter watch of daylight to spare....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Sun May 29, 2011 3:35 am

Algared and Sigrun head towards one the Clanhouse of whomever has taken over at least temperary leadership of Clan Nildrom in order to speak to them regarding Sigrun and Bjarni's suggestion to attempt to repair the vessel. the aim is to get an appraisal of the cost to repair and and their support so that taking the suggestion to the Daas in the morning will be a full and detailed outline of the expected costs.

Post by GM With the Valhakar of clan Nildrom now dead, you are unsure of where to start your search for the new clanhead of clan Nildrom. You are sent to a clanhouse a short distance to the west of Ygesdram in search of the nearest Nildrom clan member. On arriving at the clanhouse you are told that the family here are in no position to negiotiate such an important conversation like the warband building there own boat, however, while you are there you are told that the next possible clan Valhakar is Dern Nildrom and he currently resides in the thran of Tarnbro.

With the shadows starting to get longer you fear it is to late in the day to begin the trip to the thran of Tarnbro today.


When Algard finally parts from Sigrun, he heads to the Bonding house to see if their is any work he can do to help. Should he be sent away he will return his glade and watch the river and the far bank towards Hepjurn in Maarlund.

Post by GM As you arrive at the bonding house your father is in a foul mood - more so than normal and it does not take you long to find out why. Your father begins another tirade towards you as you enter the bonding house, his longshoremen standing by watching. The clans will be bringing in the wool recently shawn from the backs of the Daaslund sheep and with no port to ship this wool from the bonding house normally used to store the wool until it is loaded aboard the knarrs (which should have started arriving by now) his business is loosing money and in all likelyhood the wool will be taken to another port and shipped from there.

He seem intent to blame you for this disaster and no sooner finishes his tirade than finishes with "NOW GET OUT OF MY BONDING HOUSE AND WHILE I'M AT IT CLEAR YOUR THINGS FROM MY CLANHOUSE TOO!!!!" lowering his voice he adds "I want you gone before sunset or I will have you removed!" with that he turns his back on you and returns his attentions back to his books.

Algared makes his way towards his glade to collect his thoughts and compose himself, his eyes blur with tears as his anger builds. He finds it hard to concentrate his thoughts but soon calms himself enough to start organising his ideas.


As he sits he speaks quietly to himself as he arranges his thoughts."What reason does the Dagan have for carrying out this war, there must be a purpose behind the Ibanvaal invasion? Would we be able to close the river indefinately if that is what he seeks to control? The elemental could do so but spells are temperary and dangerous. and Sigrun is right i dont really know how i managed to summon it, but if i could duplicate it that would make for a wonderous weapon... and a great spell to present my order. If Maarlund joins us we would have a chance.. and if we were able to gain control of the north bank and ther thrans of Storzarlund there, we could threaten the Dagan's flank and relieve pressure here. If the dagan wants control of the river he'll attack Maarlund eventually... now how can we stop or limit attacks designed to burn buildings.. I suppose if I could devise a spell which caused ethereal water ir ice to cover the thatch or walls thal would hopefully prevent fire from taking quickly.... turning his attention to the burnt out warboat he sighs then rising to his feet decides that maybe it presents a "good place to experiment with the last spell he researched and I can see how effective it is."

Post by GM Feeling calm Algared makes his way down to the derelict warboat to 'experiment on the hull. Standing on the shoreline Algared begins to chant and move rythmically, after a short time there is a small clap of thunder that only Algared seems to hear. The noise echoes in his ears for a short time before finally clearing, returning his hearing to normal.

The hull of the boat remains unchanged as it still sits half submerged in water, it now that Algared notices that sand is beginning to wash into the hull and it will be but a tenday or so before most of the boat will be hidden from view by the sand and gravel of the river bed.


Last edited by GM on Tue May 31, 2011 12:52 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to reflect a response to conversation with Sigrun)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Mon May 30, 2011 7:57 am

Looking once more at the boat and then at to the darkening sky, Algared heads towards the greathall and informs requests if possible a bench for the evening or leave to camp on the spur near where the creature was summoned, because he has no clanhouse to call his own since his father has thrown him out and disowned him. Afterwards Algared returns to collect his belongings.Ccarefully placing everything into his seacheast. When asked by his mother he explains simply that his father has thrown him out.

Post by GM While you pack your gear your mother and sister look on both disappointed and saddened with this turn of events. Your mother promises to talk to Skorri later tonight in the hopes of mending broken fences hoping that you might be allowed to return to the clanhouse
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Barak spends the afternoon chatting to Bjarni, sorting his equipment out and practicing his Orbaalese with Bryndis, Maldrin and Bjorg, for lack of alternative occupation.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Tue May 31, 2011 5:24 am

Time: End of 4th watch

With the warband once again reunited in the meadhall, Borygg and Bryn having returned from their journey east find the others sitting in the meadhall. One thing strikes you as wrong with the picture when you arrive, Algared has joined you in the meadhall with his sea chest. The group all sit about chatting in a mix of Ivinian and Orbaalese, while enjoying an ale or two in the fading sunlight.

The weather has remained unchanged all day, the wind continues to blow gently from the north east, while Nolomar pushes forth rays of light from behind a bank of white and grey clouds that obscure the western sky. The temperature is still cool but comfortable with the warmth of the hearth fire holding the worst of the chill away.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 am

Algared doesn't partake in the evenings activities. He eats and drinks but otherwise spends the evening in quiet thought, pondering his notes or gazing into the fire in thought. beforeheading off to sleep he says "Tomorrow after seeing the Daas regarding the boat we should train. I don't think you will be able to work on the derelict, but I do think we should raid the Dagan's lands. I was thinking if we crossed over into Maarland, we could travel the past one of the thrans and raid on the Dagan held thrans at night and burn their boats or steal them. I dont care if we leave not a single fishing boat.We may be able to even get a better view or the force besieging Abderhiem and bring intelligence back to the Daas. Both of where clan maar stand and of the Dagan's force. If you are with me I intend to ask leave to carry out such action."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Tue May 31, 2011 10:46 am

"I am with you;I don't think Cunate will be though." says Barak "How are you going to get across the river? How do you know which thran's are our enemies, and which may be future friends. Burning war or trading boats is fine, but we should not destroy fishing boats."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Tue May 31, 2011 2:12 pm

Algared looks at barak in response to his comment and says 'This is war, anything that aids the Dagan in feeding his army is fair game. If I had the means I'd burn all the crops as well. How does he ensure loyalty he decimates the clans.. well fine that bought loyalty can come at a price.. I say play by the Dagan's rules." It is clear Algared is in a sour mood and it is not long before he stands and walks away.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Tue May 31, 2011 3:11 pm

"This may be war, but there is still honour. I am not the first to quote the Ljarl, nor its most ardent follower, but leaving women and children to starve is not something I long to do. Fishermen and their families still need to eat. They did not start the war, they did not want the war, why should they suffer? You've caused enough of a problem by blocking the river Leim as it is, why inflict even more pain on the fishermen? Why should they then welcome liberation by the Daas or King when that comes?"

"I know, as well as anyone, that it is not pleasant to part from your family in anger, but do not take your wrath out on those who are not the cause and can not defend themselves. If you want to burn something to sate your temper, then there is a warehouse down near the river, or go and attack the warriors of the Dagen."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Tue May 31, 2011 3:29 pm

With Algared away from the table the warband continues to chat about the table, the meadhall staff continue to go about their normal evening routines. Even without the customers that usually frequent the hall the staff still tend to their various chores, while replacing some empty jugs for full ones Shella says "Have you heard, another boat has just been attacked near where the first one was sunk", Shella continues saysing "I have just heard from one of the Batheson boys" Shella tells how she has heard news of another boat having been sunk to the west of Ygesdram, a small knarr disregarded the calls of warning from the locals as the boat sailed to the east towards Ygesdram and a short time later the locals from a nearby thran saw the bodies of the crew floating by along with quite a bit of debris of the destroyed vessel.

There are no more details at this stage as the news has only just arrived at the thran.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue May 31, 2011 5:06 pm

As the group eats, drinks, and whiles away the time, Borygg will tell them all of what happened with his watch on Skorri, how he and Bryndis followed the longshoreman to the neighboring village, what the guy did, etc. He'll ask if anyone else knows anything about this guy, such as whether he might have relatives in that village, etc. He'll be interested in seeing if anyone thinks this is a dead end or if it should be pursued.

Post by GM During your investigation you are able to find out that the longshoreman does have family in the thran
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue May 31, 2011 11:31 pm

"Hhmmm. Algared has the right of it on one respect, Barak. You are either for the Dagen or against him. Those same fishermen may well be standing in his shieldwall next time we do battle. Their wives and children will starve if you cleave their man's head."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:31 am

"Barak, it didn't bother you when we wanted a boat to recquisition one from Nyron how was that any different from burning or destroying them... also the Dagan now offers his protection to the thrans.. if they are unmolested then he is free to send more against his foes and harvest the goods of the local area to support his war effort."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:51 am

[OoC: For when Algared is still around]

"But it did bother me to be stealing that boat. However, we had little choice. When we stole it we did not plan to burn it and destroy it. I hoped the boat would be found down river and returned to it's owner. I was wrong, but I did not know that when we took the boat. But at Nylon, despite the fact that the thran was effectively lost to the Dagen no one felt the need to destroy the other boats."

After a slight pause "And, why are you picking on the fisherfolk? Is it because you know I am from that stock and you want to upset me? The farmers will provide even more food for the Dagen but you do not speak of burning their barns and granaries. The crafts men will make new swords, bows and shields, yet you do not speak of burning their workshops. The fishermen are not your sole enemy."

"I am with you to raid and plunder, I even agree that we should liberate a boat if we can. But I will not target the poorest and those who are my kin, in craft even if not in blood."

"You are angry because you are sitting on that seachest and are not at your mother's side. I don't blame you, I would be angry too. But don't blame my people. They are not the cause of your distress. Perhaps you may come to see that your father is not always the good man you thought he was. Perhaps you will now believe some of those who speak out against him and seek justice."


Last edited by Barak Daas on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected spelling errors)
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:04 am

To Bjarni, Barak replies "Yes you are either a friend of the Daas or the Dagen when it comes to war. However, I don't want to die. The people who Algared plans to attack don't want to die. I will fight for what is right, but I no longer know what is right. To raid and loot, that is our way. To gain wealth, fame and glory, that is our goal. We are the strong, we take what we can and we benefit from it. To destroy something just to prevent some one else from having it is not just. Causing the weak, women and children to go without food just because they suffer the misfortune to be on the wrong side through no choice of their own is not honourable. They may mean nothing to you, but last year we were calling then brother. And when the great shoal arrived we all fished together. Taking what you need is the way of the forest and the sea. Only mad animals, frothing at the mouth, destroy what they do not need."

After some reflection, and calming down "And how does burning a boat gain you the bride price you need? Better to tow the boat to here when it has some value and it can be used by our men."


Last edited by Barak Daas on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:07 am

[OoC: Later when Barak hears the news of another lost boat]

"Algared's personal war against the sea and river folk continues. I do not know how that whirlpool aids our war effort. For all it lauded, the riverman in me says that it is anathema."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:58 am

"Seems you show you're ability to hear only what you want to hear. I would destroy any means to support the Dagan, boats whether trade fishing or warships, crops and warehouses.. IF we cant take them. But since you have no problem attacking merchants..... Do you think the Dagan has such qualms you rebel he kills your clan. So if they rely on the Dagan for support then let that ass feed them and deprive them all of the means to support his war... but I see you never want to accept any view unless it's your own... even merely walking away from your comrades before they fight the enemy because you want to do something else... And you have no friggin idea why I'm angry, you twat, and I've known for a good while that my father is a coin hording whore who doesn't care about anything but his own wellbeing... you are a frigging git... I have argued and tried to get justice for any wronged... but you seem to think you alone worry about that while being intent on finding fault with merchants... YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I"M THINKING OR FEELING SO DONT EVEN TRY TO TELL ME WHAT I"M FEELING OR WHY!"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum