6 Saraju 720TR

Go down

6 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:59 am

Time: Beginning 1st watch - Mid 2nd watch

The night is warm and during the night the warriors flick back their blankets to keep comfortable as the hearth fire sheds its warmth through an already warm night.

As night gives way to day the warband are awoken by the inhabitants of the meadhall once again starting their day, the smell of the morning meal wafts through the hall as it mixes with the smells of the burning whale oil of the lantern and the smoke of the hearth fire. Outside the meadhall the thran is blanketed in a thick fog and from your vantage point only the uppermost level of the gatehouse is visible above the fog. The wind gusts intermitantly from the south doing little to disperse the thick fog.

Nolomar struggles to fight through the fog but its glow in the eastern sky indicates the promise of a good day.

The warband goes about their morning routines and share some boiled oats with each other before beginning the new day...


Last edited by GM on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:16 am

Bjarni spends the next few days cleaning his armour, gathering what gear he has and helping whatever way he can in the preparations to march. He will go and see the woodcrafter (or whoever is appropriate crafter) and purchase a maul. He wants a banded one, with a good strong handle with no obvious flaws. He has a few pennies and will trade his remaining brass arm ring.

He will take time to talk to Sigrun to tell her that he will help her find out the fate of her family. If it means taking a detour here or there, then so be it.


Last edited by Bjarni Daasen on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed actions slightly.)
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Saraju 720TR

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:29 am

Borygg spends the next few days preparing for whatever action they are to take against the Dagen. He cleans his weapons and armour and makes any repairs he can (I don't think anything requires the attentions of an armourer). He'll talk to the lady of the house (Bjarri's head wife) about stocking up on whatever food for the road she can spare (especially cheese, bread, smoked meat). He will offer her an appropriate amount of coin.

Borygg will also take any opportunity to practice his weapons with Barak or any others who are interested.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Saraju 720TR

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 am

Barak spends the next few days alternatively hunting and practicing with weapons/training (i.e. hunting today, training tomorrow, etc). If he is successful in the hunt and gets back early enough he'll join in any martial practice that is going on. Any game he captures he will attempt to barter for preserved food stuffs. He is well up on his tithes to Cunate so what he captures is his. He thinks he is getting unfit with all this ale drinking in the meadhall, so he will try to resist the temptation and take some exercise instead during daylight hours - he'll probably be seen climbing trees and cliffs, leaping over streams, or jogging around the fields. When around the thran and not doing anything more important he'll listen to gossip and talk to those he knows, about unusual goings on, people behaving suspiciously etc. At breakfast, and in the evenings he'll continue to concentrate on trying to improve his spoken Orbaalese, and try to get Gelda to speak to him in that language.

If he is lucky enough to hunt anything really valuable (deer, boar, etc) then he is still after a sealskin gambeson or vest, a drinking horning with belt fittings, and decent leather leggings (amongst a great many other things). If he finds any of these "for sale", he can probably offer coin for them even if he dosn't have a catch... Barak also has some clothing and a weapon he'd barter if he knew how.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Bryndis will spend her days getting back into fighting shape. She'll work out the kinks of sitting idle and healing, doing exercises and weapons training (both alone and with the group). When she is not working out, she'll assist Thaldirs in preparing weapons and armour for the impending fight (mending armour, sharpening weapons, etc...).
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Saraju 720TR

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:56 pm

When practicing weapons, Borygg will particularly want to practice with the mace he recently acquired. Although it is similar to his trusty old club, he will want to get as familiar as possible with its differences.

[OOC: Although Borygg recently bought the mace in game time, it's been a while in real life and I had almost forgotten he had done so. My assumption is that he has been practicing with it, not just letting it sit untested after he bought it.]
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:44 pm

The morning is hot an oppresive, the heat stifles the spirits of those about the thran. The fog hangs thick about the thran revealing little beyond several hundred feet away, only the uppermost levels of the gatehouse can be seen above the fog. There is little wind with only the occassional gust from the south felt upon bared flesh that does little to cool the bodys of those about. The sky above is clear as Nolomar beams down on those below and the sky is blue and empty of clouds.

Each of the warriors note that their wounds have healed completly, leaving only the feintest of scars where once wounds bled.

Barak deciding that the weather is to hot to train gathers his hunting gear and heads west in search of game. The fog obscures most of the distand landmarks from view but Baraks knowledge of the local surrounds stands him in good stead as he pushes on westward. Barak is not long out of the thran before the sweat begins to form upon his brow and rivulets of sweat run down his back and face.

Algared excuses himself from the group and begs not to be disturbed as he buries his head into parchments with ink and quill at hand. He snaps at any distractions including some of the meadhall staff. Dripping with sweat from the humidity Algared drinks heavily from the jug of ale that has been placed next to him, the heat makes him increasingly frustrated finally Algared moves to a quiet part of the meadhall, takes a few deep breathes to calm himself and casts Chalsea's Sponge on himself. The sweat begins to dry upon his skin and stops dripping on his parchments making his ink run. At last Algared submerges himself into his studies once again.

Bjarni leaves the warband and heads out to the woodcrafters. Making his way through the fog the humidity soon has the warrior sweating heavily. Finding Turrin Bathesen at work repairing sections of his clanhouse that had been damaged during the Dagen's raid. After exchanging greetings with each other Bjarni asks the woodcrafter if there were any mauls that might be available for sale. Turrin seemingly relieved for the chance to take a break from his work, shows the warrior out into his work shed where he has a few mauls available. Bjarni takes his time choosing his weapon. He picks up one then another and tosses them about then he selects a third, swinging it about he nods his head "This one is good!" Bjarni says "Now lets turn our attentions to the cost, I have but a few coins to offer and this arm ring" Turrin takes the arm ring is in hand and seems to be weighing the item in his mind "Keep your coin, Sperm Whale this arm ring will be fair compensation for the maul!". With a nod Bjarni takes Turrin's hand and the deal is struck. Bjarni returns to the meadhall with his maul in hand.

Meldun bids his companions a farewell as he takes the opportunity the visit the temple and he devotes the better part of the morning to prayer and meditation. Meldun spends some time chatting with Bjarri and his family before heading back to the meadhall late in the morning.

Borygg, Sigrun and Bryn spend the morning in the meadhall finding the heat to oppressive to train and the fog making it too dangerous to train outside. So the group spends the morning in the meadhall. Finally moving outside after not being able to cope with Algared's incessant mumblings and grumblings as he moves sheets of parchment about his table....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:49 pm

By high Nolomar the fog has burnt off and the temperature is still warm but a steady breeze blows from the south west does its best to cool things down. Taking the opportunity to train Bryn, Borygg, Bjarni and Meldun take to the fields about Ygesdram and train with their weapons.

Bryn takes things slowly at first working out the kinks that have found their way into her body over the last few days of inactivity. Finally finishing her training with some flexability training.

Borygg unhooks his mace from his belt and practices with his weapon, swinging his club about him.

Bjarni takes things slowly and like Bryn he too begins by working out the kinks of inactivity. Then picking up the newly purchased maul he begins to practice with the mighty weapon, he begins slowly finding the balance of the weapon and after a few close calls both to himself and his companions (which is accompanied by a little good humoured ridicule too) Bjarni becomes more confident in using his maul.

Meldun having rejoined his companions earlier today, joins them outside for a little training too.

Sigrun takes her bow outside and practices with her bow for a short while before taking a seat in the shade and watches the others as they move about swinging their weapons about.

After nearly a half a watch, Sigrun calls to her companions "Looks like we are going to get a storm!" and so with fatigue starting to creep in the warriors decide to call it a day and makes their way back to the meadhall. They find Algared with his face still pushed into parchments and his fingers stained by ink. Once inside the warband, wash away the sweat and the dirt of the field and then turn their attentions to quenching their thirst with quantities of cool ale. Keeping things quiet so as not to raise Algared's ire, the warband keep things quiet.

With darkness fast approaching Barak finally arrives bearing gifts. A black swan is held in his left hand as he enters the meadhall. Barak throws the dead bird upon the table and no sooner takes his seat with his companions before the first rumblings of thunder can be heard.

The first drops of rain soon follow and before long the rain outside is teeming down, with the flashes of lightening and the booms of thunder echoing outside. The storm only lasts for about a quarter watch but the rain is fierce and leaves the ground covered in puddles of water. The wind increases in intensity as the hours grow.

With the growing darkness the warband gather about the hearth fire as the night begins to cool, fuel is added to the fire as the temperature drops and the wind blows in as a gale from the north west. The shutters of the meadhall rattle with the severiest gusts but the howls of the wind can be heard outside above the noise of the crackling fire, the subdued conversation of those about the fire and the other ambient noises of the meadhall.

With the evening meal completed the tables are cleared and soon preparations are made for sleep for the night....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum