12 Saraju 720

Go down

12 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:50 am

Time: Beginning 1st watch - Mid 2nd watch

The warband rise early and notice that it seems to have been raining all night, light showers continue to fall as you wake. The ground about is covered in small shallow puddles of water. A strong wind blows in from the north west and the sky is blocked by thick full grey clouds. With a look outside it would seem that the weather is not going to improve any either.

From the meadhall you can see Skorri and his longshoreman going about the business of setting up the market ready for the days trading that usually takes place on the final day of Bjarri's feast. A number of traders are preparing their stalls while they negiotiate with Skorri on where to setup.

As each of the warband goes about their morning routine, several more traders have arrived with carts of various goods.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:15 am

When the Market is set up, Barak will browse around to see what he can find. Afterall he has a purse of pennies go spend.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:50 pm

Bjarni will tag along. He has a few pennies left.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 am

As Nolomar moves higher in the sky its progress nothing more than a brighter piece of dark grey sky, the rain continues to fall as a drizzle and the sky is covered in grey and white clouds that obscure the blue sky above.

More and more vendors begin to appear about the market, Skorri talks to each in turn taking a few coins from each as his 'staff' then show the vendors to an area of the market. Here the vendors then go about setting up stalls and displaying their wares.

Despite the weather quite a few people are drawn to the market, many seeming to have travelled some distance to take wander about the area, keen for a bargain.

Barak and Bjarni are the first of the warband to leave the meadhall and wander the market, Barak having left carrying a dress (that is probably to big for him Very Happy ) to sell or trade. Bjarni still doing up his belt as he leaves the hall in a hurrying to catch him up, calling "Hang on, I have a few silvers to spend too!" before he is able to catch up with Barak.

The others are still in the process of breaking their morning fast with warm porridge and some bread.

Meldun takes this opportunity to inform the others that he has been invited by Bjarri Orbaason to share his hall with him. Meldun hopes to 'understudy' Bjarri in the coming attack as there will be a need for priests come battle. With that he packs his belongings once again, bids his companions a farewell and heads out of the meadhall and up towards the thranaal.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:31 am

Bryndis will window shop, but is not looking for anything in particular (at least, nothing she could actually afford Wink )

She'll spend her time otherwise getting ready to leave. If there are no particular tasks the warband needs performed in preparation, she'll continue aiding Thaldirs in anything he might need assistance with.

Barring any busywork, she'll do some light exercises and practice her skill-at-arms (anybody want to spar?).
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:42 am

Bjarni will look for a good length of wadmal that he can use to keep himself warm.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:57 am

Borygg will ask Algarad if there is anything we need as a group.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:15 am

Algared speaks quietly to Borryg in answering his question and also to Sigrun and Bryndis before they head off having missed Barak and Bjarni, about the the needs the warband will have and also asks for suggestions as to what they think the band will require to supliment their stores?

Once out Algared will peruse the market. Looking for a supply of bandages to supliment his physicians kit, the oils, wetstones and other materials required to ensure his equipment is able to be maintained and his leathers waterproofed and cleaned. He will also seek to aquired some oat cakes, cheeses, dried and fresh fruits as well as sausages and smoked meats to suppliment what stores he will have during the march.

Once those tasks are completed Algared will take Bryndis up on the offer to spar and engage in some light training, especially in getting some addiditonal instruction in swordsmandship.


avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:45 am

Barak leads Bjarni on a merry chase round the market. Firstly to hawk a fur-trimmed dress which eventually he exchanges for some hack-silver and coin. From there he looks round the jewelers and smiths, eventually coming away with a solid looking silver belt buckle, an ivory cloak-broach carved in to the shape of Anhu, three feminine bead bracelets, and a bone amulet of a spouting whale. He also buys a bronze chain to hang the whale amulet as well as his existing stag one, around his neck alongside his amber necklace. At the hideworker he eventually chooses a bronze-trimmed drinking horn that he hangs from his belt, and a pair of soft calf boots. Lastly, passing a stall selling candles and oils, he finds the black flint he has been looking for the last few weeks and snaps it up.

Barak asks Bjarni if there is anything he needs to buy, "I can spare you half of my winnings, if you'd like a loan. It won't buy you decent clothes or a better weapon, but it coould by a comb, beaker, or some-such, if you are in need of one."

His own shopping done, Barak's mind turns to provisions. Visiting many different stalls, he buys around two hundred oak cakes (sixteen pounds weight), an eight pound round of hard cheese, three pounds of dried apples and a pound of dried pears, a pound of salted bacon, two pounds of smoked fish and a pound of cooked sausage. He also buys some dried apple and smoked beef for himself.

When he and Algared are both back in the meadhall, Barak passes his contribution to the war band’s provisions over to Algared’s care. “If we divide it up amongst ourselves then it should be easy to carry, and there should be enough to last a couple of days if we’re desperate, or we could just use it to supplement Cunate’s army-ration pease gruel.”
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:24 am

There is much activity about the market despite the poor weather. Men making last minute purchases of a healing salve here, a spare bow string there, while the women are interested in the more homely side of the market. Purchase pottery, pots and cooking utensils along with a variety of other items to help tend the home.

The rain continues to drizzle throughout the morning. Bjarni takes the loan offered by Barak and then looking about the market eyes off several blankets that seem to fit his need. Given Bjarni's limited buget he is able to obtain a thin blanket that should keep him warm enough during the late spring nights.

The thran is abuzz with the talk that the Storzar and the Daas will be marching to Abderhiem on the morrow. The Storzar has gathered his men together along with the Daas, using Bjarri's feast as a reason for them to be all gathered together.

Bjarni soon joins the rest of his companions in the meadhall. Holding up his purchase he packs it along with his other meagre possessions. The warband spend the better part of the afternoon preparing their gear for the coming journey. Armour is checked, weapons sharpened, other equipment is checked while packs are tied off once they are packed with the necessary stores for the trip.

The rain continues to fall sporadically well into the afternoon. All the while the warband share a jug or two of ale as they move about the meadhall making their final preparations.

One by one they finish and they take a seat near the hearth fire which burns nearby. Late in the afternoon the first boom of thunder can be heard well off in the distance followed some time later by the flash of lightning. The rain begins to fall harder as the falling drops can be heard creating puddles outside the hall.

Gathering about the hearth fire you are visited by Tersi once again. He joins you by the fire as he checks in on the warband to ensure that all is well before the march on the morrow. Taking a seat he is quickly served a tankard of mead by Shella. Looking at your gear that is packed and ready Tersi says "Looks like you are ready to go!"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 am

Tersi takes a drink from his tankard "Jabor has always made a good mead" then placing the tankard back upon the table continues "It will take the Daas most of a watch to assemble his warband and make ready to march, that should give you ample time to get a head start. Now, Cunate wants you to mark a trail for the other scouts to follow, can you do this?"

"As for you arrows, there will be quivers ready for when you present yourself to the thranaal on the morrow, the huscarls have been told to expect you!" draining the rest of his mead Tersi then says "Do you have any questions?"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:00 pm

"It is a fine day for quaffing some of Jabor's mead indeed" says Barak "We can easily mark a trail, by marking the tree we pass, and by leaving staves to show the way. Any decent tracker will be able to follow us anyway. Will the lead scout of the main force be at the thranall tomorrow so we can discuss signs and what they mean?"

"So in terms of questions I have a few" Barak then asks the following questions giving Telsi time to answer them...

"Does Cunate have a preferred route he wants us to follow? Are there pre-set camping places? Or are we totally left to our own recognizance?"

Tersi replies "We need to keep to the cover of the trees, if the Dagen's men see us coming our whole plan will be for nothing" Tersi waits a moment before adding "the path will need to be as easy as possible so that we can move as quickly as we can, but there needs to be cover to conceal our movements as we go"

"If we encounter enemy scouts, should we kill them or attempt to capture them?"

Tersi ponders this for a moment before answering "It makes no never mind, just so long as they are not able to warn the main host of our advance"

"Is anything known about the enemy force we face? At the thran or what we might encounter getting there?"

"Only that the Dagen's men have the thran of Abderheim besieged[/i]

"Have Cunate's warship patrols reported any boats at the thran?"

"No"

"Where do we get our rations from?"

"You will be given four days rations we you pick up your quivers"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:36 am

Algared spends some time bundling food in parcels for each of the band. With the supplies Barak has added and the few he also purchased the band will at least be able to suppliment the stores they are given.

Into each bundle Algared places three and half dozen oat cakes (3.5lb), two pounds of cheese, one pound of smoked sausage and a pound of dried fruit. Algared also gives each of the band 2 of the bandages (6oz for the 2).

The smoked fish, salted bacon and last sausage Algared also divides adding a further half pound 2 ounces. Each bundle weighing around eight pounds 8 ounces.


Last edited by Algared on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:41 am

Bjarni will wrap his mail and any group supplies he is to carry in his blanket and make a bundle to carry it on his back.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:57 am

Algared also raises the possibility that should any fishing vesels still remain at Abderhiem, that with Sigrun, a pilot some of those the Daas seems to have indicated will be withdrawn could be transported by river.

Algared nods as Barak asks about the how they should deal with any scouts they encounter.

[OOC it was my understanding that most of the warboats and larger vessels were further west adfter the raid and the elemental effectively closed the passage.. though Algared hasnt been able to discern whether it still remains. If it has disapaited have boats begun using the passage again in which case have there been any reports from patrols on the river?]

Post by GM The Storzar's boats have been patrolling to the west while the Daas' warboats have been patrolling along the river to the east. The river has been closed since you advised the Daas of the water elemental after it attacked several boats. With no river traffic moving along the river there have been no further attacks. But is this because it is has gone or does it still linger now in peace!

[OOC: Sorry the delay in posting, i was sick the last week and I also stopped recieving notifications.]


Last edited by GM on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to correct error regarding comments made resulting from Barak's questions.)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:08 pm

[Barak did not make that comment about axes on the record ;-) but as for throwing spears, Barak can lend Bjarni two of them - I was planning on just leaving them in the meadhall...]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:02 pm

As the supplies are given out Algared also produces two canvas back packs with 15lbs storage space giving one each to Bjarni and Sigrun, to Bjarni he also gives a bowl, spoon and comb ensuriong that all that the party have at least someplace to store their goods.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 am

"As to the elemental I have tried to determine if it has returned to it's plain initially it seemed to become agitated when I drew near the edge I haven't noticed any activity when I recently it may mean it has left but as yet I have not been able to confirm that, if it becomes obvious I want it gone then that may play into the hands of any who would use that information against us... I could try to confirm that tonight if it would serve the Daas and Storzar's plans." Algared says quietly trying to ensure he is not heard by prying ears.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:09 am

Tersi stands and says "Well, if there is nothing else you need of me I shall be on my way" he drains the remains of his tankard before turning and heading towards the door. Stopping at the door he turns and says "The Grey Slayer watch over you!" before pulling his cloak tightly about him as he heads out into the growing darkness outside.

The rain outside continues to fall sporadically during the afternoon and into the evening. The temperature remains mild though and the hearth fire continues to burn low. The glowing coals providing the necessary warmth for the evening.

While you sit and chat about the coming days, Jabor serves you a weak broth and a loaf of rye bread each along with some small cuts of cheese and an assortment of dried fruits and nuts to finish.

In the growing darkness there is a hush about the thran and especially within the meadhall this night.

With an early start expected the warband retire early for the night, finding a position about the hearth fire that will keep them comfortable through the night. The rain outside providing soft pitter patter as it falls upon the thatch of the meadhall.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 12 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum