14 Saraju 720

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:49 am

Algared continues to trace the path of Nolomar as he wanders about the camp keeping eyes and ears open for signs of danger. The forest is quiet except for the brushing of the trees as they move past each other with each gust of wind, the calls of insects and other small animals as they hunt about the woods in search of food.

With Nolomar now starting its descent into the western sky Algared wakes Bjarni for his turn on watch. The night has been uncomfortable for Bjarni, his thin blanket has barely kept him warm during the cold night, his sheltered position offering him the best protection from the cold. Pulling his cloak about him he finds what warmth he can, like Algared he wanders the camp as Algared returns to sleep.

Bjarni watches over the sleeping warband moving from tree to tree as he tries to keep warm. Keeping an eye on Nolomar as it sinks in the western sky. It dips behind the western horizon casting the forest into a deeper darkness. Soon though, Yael begins to cast is glow above the eastern horizon and the darkness is pushed back as long shadows are cast about the forest with the coming dawn....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:11 am

Bjarni will wake his comrades, prodding them with his boot to rouse them. "The first thing I am going to do when this is over is get myself a bearskin cloak. There must be at least one Ilbanvaaler with one my size."

avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 am

Algared wearily wakes and nods at Bjarni's comments. "A gambesson can serve double duty as both armour and warmth but a cloak is indeed welcome." With the rest he breaks his fast, readies to leave checking to ensure he has left nothing behind.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:19 pm

With the warband slowly beginning to stir, they gather their sleeping gear together and grab something to eat from their stock of dried food. As the warband prepare themselves for the coming day the weather is like the day before. The day is cool, a strong wind blows in from the south west and the sky is mostly clear with a thick layer of white clouds in the western sky. There looks to be little threat of rain for the coming day as Barak scans the sky above.

Finishing the meal, Nolomar has risen high enough over the eastern mountains to light their way.

Gathering packs and other assorted gear, the warband prepare to head out. With a nod Algared signals the march to begin, Barak pauses for a moment to gain his bearings and with a route found Barak leads the warband eastward once again. Marking the route as he goes, Barak begins the descent down the next slope, upon reaching the bottom he begins the another climb to the next rise.

The mornings progress is slow with the rough ground and the steep climbs and descents.... more to follow
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:04 am

As the group tops a rise, Bjarni will comment that "I think it is better to be blazing the trail. Imagine how this trek will be with the whole warhost slipping and sliding up this path"

avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 am

Reaching the brow of a rise, Barak crouches down and drops his packs and sacks. He signals Borygg who is about 20ft away to get down and then to approach. Whilst he waits he jams his helm on his head and picking up his spear and shield. When Borygg arrives, Barak silently points out the three men he has spotted around 300ft away. "Cover me with the bow" he whispers, before getting up and setting off confidently and openly to intercept the lead man.

From his vantage Borygg can see three men moving from his left (north) to his right (south and into the hills and mountains) around 100 yards away on the next rise. The lead man carries a bow and spear and wears leggings, tunic and a leather vest and leather ankle boots, the other two men follow a short distance behind the first both carry spear and bow and are dressed similarly to the first, they all wear backpacks and have cloth satchels slung over their right shoulders so that the bags hang upon their left hip. They are walking about 1/3 of the way up the slope from the bottom of the re-entrant. The lead man appears to casting for possible signs of activity about these parts while the other two appear to be talking quietly to themselves.

[OoC: For the avoidance of doubt, Barak still has bow, quiver, sword, hatchet and knife on his person]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:28 am

When Barak takes off, Borygg takes cover behind a tree and readies his bow. He signals to those behind to send one person up quickly but to stay low (I am hoping they have a signal like this worked out). When that person gets close, Borygg will quietly tell them what's going on and send them back to tell the group. He'll suggest they make their way forward but to take cover in the trees and prepare to rush forward to support Barak as needed.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:59 pm

With Nolomar about half way between the horizon and its zenith it is catching in Barak's eye as it makes its way through the canopy of the trees above. The trees move with each of gust of wind and the background noise of the leaves and branches rustling against each other. The warband gather just below the crest line and prepare themselves for action.

Barak watches the men as they make their way into the hills, with a quick glance at his companions Barak stands and takes several steps before he is noticed. Barak takes a few more steps as he closes the distance between him and the other warriors, noticing Barak approach the warriors stop and watch and in a thick Ibanvaal accent it seems the lead warrior is calling "From what clan are you?" the other two seem to be readying their spears while the lead warrior stands and watches your approach...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 pm

As soon as the man speaks, and Baral recognises the accent he will turn and run back, weaving from side to side, up towards where Borygg is concealled expecting to be followed. He does not approach any closer.

If, when he reaches the crest, he isn't being chased he will drop his shield and spear and ready his bow.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:51 pm

If Barak is being chased back towards us, Bjarni will ready his spear for a cast at a pursuer (without giving away his position). If Barak is not being chased, he will hold until he can be sure what is going on and until someone gives an order.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:57 pm

At the first sign that the Ibanvaalers are pursuing or moving to attack Barak, Borygg will shoot at whoever does so (targeting a missile-using attacker before a pursuer) while at the same time shouting for the others (who can't see from behind the rise) to attack.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:03 pm

"That sounds like an order to me," Bjarni mutters to himself.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:43 am

Since Bryndis would be too noisy to stealth up the hill to Borygg, she will drop her pack here at the base and ready herself for attack if it is warranted.

If Borygg signals the attack, she will rush over the hill to take in the battlefield.
If Borygg does not signal the attack, she will wait as patiently as her itchy fingers will allow.

[OoC: Could we hear the strangers' query to Barak from our position? And if so, would we recognize the accent?]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:42 am

Barak pauses a moment as he decides what to do, the three men stand mute waiting for a reply. Barak turns and heads back over the crest line, a quick look over his shoulder shows the three men watching on in confusion. Reaching the crest line Barak turns back and watches as the three men seem to be knocking bows and then picking up their gear they begin to follow.

Meanwhile the warband prepare themselves for battle. Algared pushes his helmet firmly onto his head while he prepares spear and shield, Barak stands near the crest line, drops his spear and shield and readies his bow, Bjarni places his helmet upon his head and readies his weapons, Borygg moves forward to aid Barak with bow in hand, calling the rest to attack, Byrndis like her companions prepares herself for the coming fight.

The men do not follow at a run they are briskly walking towards the crest line, noticing that Barak has stopped his withdrawal and is now joined by Borygg the three men stop. They are now 80 yards or so away when they stop. Borygg reaches the crest stops to survey the surroundings and the location of his target, finding the three men still advancing slowly he draws his bow and aims at the lead warrior.

The arrow leaves the bow with a flash but misses the warrior by only a few inches, the man stops and noticing for the first time that there are two warriors now atop the crest, they pause and begin to back peddle in the direction that they headed from..... the third warrior pauses briefly to loose an arrow towards the warband, with the distance between them the arrow flies harmlessly by, he then joins his companions as they begin to withdraw back down the reentrant.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:53 am

'Ah, the hunt is on' thinks Barak.

Barak takes a careful aimed shot at the closest man, and the starts to chase the group drawing his next arrow as he goes. Once he is in close range he will fire his second arrow.

[OoC: Note the Barak is virtually unencumbered; but he still has sword, hatchet and knife]

Post by GM Drawing back on your bow you release your first arrow towards the lead warrior, it seems as if your arrow is going to strike its target but the warrior twists behind the trunck of a spruce tree and the arrow misses the warrior. Barak catches Borygg on the hop as he takes off down the hill in pursuit.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Arrows flying are a sure signal to attack. Bjarni will lumber over the ridge and with shield up in front, charge at the enemy. When he gets to close enough range, if he has a shot (ie not too many bushes or trees in the way) he will throw his spear at the nearest man.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:31 pm

With Barak now in pursuit, Borygg is taken by surprise by this quick action and looses another arrow towards the retreating warriors aware that they are under attack they withdraw quickly while maintaining a close eye on their attackers. Bjarni, Bryn and Algared are taken by surprise by Barak's quick pursuit and watch him quickly disappear from view over the other side of the crest.

Watching the withdrawing warriors as they begin to make their way back up the far slope, if they cannot be brought down quickly they will disappear amid the the foilage of the trees between the two hillsides.

Barak watching his steep amid the treachorous terrain makes good ground towards the three warriors...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Algared swears "Don't let them escape!" He says and wonders why the archers attacked so soon as he watches the closest warrior, some 80 feet away already fleeing, maybe they fired because they realised the scouts had spotted them but three lightly armed scouts... Algared looks down at his heavy gambessom and leather vest and cannot imagine he would be able to gain on the three. he imagine he may be able to join the fight if they stop. turning to Bryndis he says.

"Bryndis in our armour I cannot see us catching those three. We will need to rely on Barak and Borryg to run them down. We should follow and be ready to join the fight."

Algared swears again, as he calls to others to join the pursuit before they can escape.

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:50 am

With With an arrow in one hand and his bow in the other Barak gives chase of the Ibanvaalers, he has crested the rise and has started the descent down into the reentrant, Barak jumps over rocks as he begins his pursuit. With the Ibanvaalers now in retreat Barak is slowly reigning in the distance, but in doing so he is leaving his more heavily encumbered companions behind.

Borygg nocks another arrow and takes aim on the most visible target, holding his aim, Borygg leads his target and lets loose his arrow, the arrow flies across the small valley and strikes his target in the thigh, the man reaches for the wound, stumbles for a brief moment but remains on his feet. The Ibanvaal warrior slows but the other two continue their retreat.

Before Borygg can nock and aim another arrow the three men have made their way far enough up the other side of the reentrant that they are hidden by the foilage from the trees on the reentrant floor and are no longer in view.

Algared leaping to his feet calls the others forward "Don't let them escape!", Algared begins to crest the rise while the other two take to their feet and join the pursuit...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:02 am

Barak continues to chase.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:22 am

With the Ibanvaalers now out of sight as the climb the far side of the reentrant, Barak continues his pursuit of the Ibanvaal warriors, Borygg now without a target gathers his gear quickly and heads down the slope in pursuit now joined by the Algared, Bryn and Bjarni.

The warband quickly begins to spread out as they descend the slope, Barak has quite some lead on the others, while Borygg attempts to close the distance, while Algared and Bryn fall behind with Bjarni bringing up the rear.

The Ibanvaalers crest the far slope, one of the warriors pauses quickly as he reaches the top to look back over his shoulder and view his pursuers, before he disappears down the far side of the crestline and down into the next reentrant.

With Barak now beginning to start the climb up the reentrant a quick look reveals that some 20 yards behind him follows Borygg, while about another 20 yards behind him comes Algared and Bryn chasing in single file while some 15 yards behind them trails Bjarni.

The Ibanvaalers have disappeared behind the far crest line and are out of sight...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:08 am

... that is no need to stop, so he will continue to chase

[and say hi to the main Ibanvaal host as he passes through]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:02 pm

"Wait up you lubbers," Bjarni shouts.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Algared continues the pursuit, he is annoyed that they are in a wild pursuit rather than having tried to ambush the men, and having a chase begin (at least so it seems) even as they pulled helments upon their heads. Still Algared maintains the pursuit aware that Barak in his headlong dash will likely be in need of support. Still he also knows that even the best laid plans can unravel once contact has been made with the foe.

With Bjarni beginning to lag behind and struggling to keep up Algared is also aware that their packs still remain behind the crest, he considers telling Bjarni to slow and return to the gear and act as guard but decides that should they manage to bring their quarry to bay before thay can escape they will likely be thankful to have an additional warrior.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:38 am

With the warband in pursuit they watch as Barak disappears from view as he crests the next ridgeline.

avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum