14 Saraju 720

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Algared mutters another curse as both the enemy and Barak disappear over the ridge. Glancing back at the lumbering mass that is Bjarni and says. "Bjarni, halt return to the gear and guard it. We will return as soon as we catch up with Barak. Be on your guard if there is one patrol there are likely others."

It is no good arriving for the fight if they are too fatigued to fight as may be the case in Bjarni's case if he continues the pursuit and there own lot should they become separated from
their supplies and ultimately have to attempt to raise the siege with empty bellies and chilled bones from aleeping without blankets and warmth. Hopefully, asnding Bjarni back with help conseeve their strength and provide somewhere to fall back to if the chase turns more sour.

Algared hopes he will not regret sending Bjarni back alone to hold the position and protect the gear which may be vital to their survival in the near future or in the days to come.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Bjarni will stop at Algared's shout and seeing the sense of it return to the gear. He will keep a weather eye open for anyone who is not one of us.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:57 am

Algared stops as he climbs up the slope "Bjarni, halt return to the gear and guard it. We will return as soon as we catch up with Barak. Be on your guard if there is one patrol there are likely others." Bjarni signals his agreement by stopping his pursuit and holding up a hand to acknowledge Algared.

Watching Algared, Bryn and Borygg disappear from view over the next spur line Bjarni, turns and makes his way back up the slope he has descended from, returning to the warbands gear, he gathers everyones belonging together to make watching over them easier. When he is done he sits with his back to a tree, his breathing has returned to normal and there is a silence about the wood now. Keeping an eye and an ear open for any sign, the sounds of the wood soon return as Bjarni sits and waits.

The insect sounds are the first to be heard again, followed by the sounds of bird calls in the distance. It is not long before the sounds of birds can be heard above you as they land and take flight in the foilage above him. The wind continues to blow and the crowns of the trees bend with each gust as the leaves brush against each other, this rustling barely obscures the other sounds about him, but still there is a silence about the wood that has Bjarni feeling a little uncomfortable.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:31 am

Once his breath is back, Bjarni will stand with his shield across his body and a spear to hand. He will carefully look around, checking every now and again to make sure there is no one sneaking up on him.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 am

Bjarni wanders about the woods never straying to far from the warbands gear, checking for any sign that someone else may be out there. The woods are silent except for the calls of nearby birds and the continual rustling of the leaves and branches in the canopy above.

He circles randomly, stopping for short periods to listen before returning to his wanderings, stopping again as he nears the gear to squat and rest, closing his eyes he strains his ears for any sign that is out of the ordinary.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:38 am

Bjarni is cautious as he moves slowly about the woods. Off in the direction that his companions last disappeared in, a sound catches his ear, moving to cover he prepares himself to defend his companions gear.

Over the crest line appears first Barak and then the rest of his companions, rejoined at last the warband prepare to continue on their move.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:44 pm

"Did you get them?" Bjarni asks, relieved to see his comrades. "I am not ashamed to say that I was worried all alone here. Give me the briny any day"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:03 am

Algared shakes his head, 'Barak lead the chase and almost chased them back to Abderhiem if i understood his report correctly. Though two of them are injured."

turning slightly from Bjarni to include the others of the warband, Algared adds "Barak, you ssemed to feel that you chased to to within a league of Abderhiem. My question then is two fold how long would it take a force to march from here to Abderhiem? And we probably should also start seeking a suitable site for the host tonight since i expect they will arrive at the latest around dusk?
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:21 am

"I did not chase them much beyond here, just two more ridges. I was not catch up with them fast enough and probably would soon lose them, and I was already loosing you and could not hear you behind me. I thought they might stop and fight, in which case it would be three against one and them with better weapons and shields."

"As for how long it is to Abderheim from here, I am not totally sure. I doubt it is more than a watch."

"As for a camp site, we can look around here for one. The main difficulty might be if those men decide to come back. Should we not follow them so we know what is happening with them?"


Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:45 pm

After listening to the thoughts of the othes and recalling that they thought they would reach Abderiem sometime in the early afternoon Algared decides that they need to hold near their current position while Barak and Borryg scout on ahead to determine where the Ibanvaal scouts have gone. Instructing them to advance no further than a watch before returning or when they spy activity from the siege of Abderhiem. While Bryndis, Bjarni and himself remain and await their retur and the arrival of the Daas even though Algared expects that they would arrive late in the afternoon.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:45 am

"Okay Borygg, you had best select what you need to face those men if we should catch up with them, but leave most of your gear since we will have to travel light if we're to have the slightest chance of catching them. Algared, Bryndis and Bjarni can look after out stuff until we return."

Barak puts a way his bow in to its case and picks up his spear and shield. Leaving his knapsack, byti bag and ration sack with Algared; he awaits Borygg to finish his preparations before starting off on at run back over his previous route, briefly stopping to try and recover his arrows. Once he has reached the point where he last saw the Ibanvaalers he will start to track them. Initially their route is obvious so he can follow at a fast jog; he will slow as following them becomes more difficult. He will ensure that his pace neither overly tires him or Borygg.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:39 am

Borygg removes most of his armour, weapons, and equipment. He will essentially be at the "Worn/carried (normal)" list on his equipment page, but will take along his spear and shield.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 am

Gathering his gear Borygg gives a nod indicating his readiness. Both Borygg and Barak head off in a roughly easterly direction as they head up the slope, their footfalls fading as they move further away and they quickly disappear from view as they crest the nearest rise.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Algared watches as Borryg and Barak crest the rise and descent beyond it. Knowing that they would be stronger if all had persued but mindful that He Bjarni and Bryndis had been falling behind barak's reasoning for just the two following made sense especially as bryndis had also voiced his own again his own concern that they also try gaurd against the trail they had marked being found by these scouts. He hoped the scouts they had encountered were pickets from the Abderhiem seige and that no scouts would be searching the hills behind them.

Turning to Bryndis Algared asks, 'Bryndis, while we three would have been hard pressed to keep up with Barak and Borryg we are able to ensure the our trail remains undiscovered, how can we best guard against this position being found by our foe?"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:54 am

"That is no riddle. We lie in wait and kill anyone who sneaks up on us"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:02 am

"Redirection. If they send out scouts, those scouts need to think we were here for another purpose, or even better that we were somewhere else for another purpose. So, redirect away from this path the host will follow, and redirect from what we're even doing out here. Best bet would be to make them think we're a hunting party I think."

She'll pause and look around for a moment, most notably at their tracks leading to this spot. "Who amongst the three of us has the best chance of hiding our trail? We can then create a false trail... making it look like we came from over there" indicating a direction crossways to our actual travel, "when we crossed their path... and we were going that way...", indicting a third direction that would still cross their path.

"We'll also probably want to determine a small perimeter for the host, with hidden guards well outside that area... who can capture any enemy scouts that might stumble across the encampment."

avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:16 am

It is late afternoon with Nolomar now well into its descent into the western sky and intermittantly disappears behind a thick veil of white puffy clouds, with long shadows cast upon the ground, the wind continues to gust stiffly from the south west and the temperature is cool but the wind brings a chill to the air.

There has been no sign of any other humans about the woods while you have been waiting for your companions to return. There is no sign of the main Daas host yet either.

Your attentions are piqued when you hear footsteps approaching as you quickly ready yourselves the familiar faces of Barak and Borygg appear over the crestline of the nearest hill.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:50 am

"About time", Bjarni says and gestures to Algared and Bryn "They were getting worried about you"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:44 am

"You were glad to be rid of us."

"We followed their patrol until they joined a picket of a dozen or more horsemen in the fields west of Abderheim. Their picket did not seem alarmed by the patrol's report, and none of them made any attempt to investigate. If Cunate wants to surprise the besiegers he'll have to stop the pickets from relaying the presence of his host, so he will have to be told of them."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Whats next for the warband???
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:49 pm

[OoC: I was expecting people to ask some questions ;-)]

What time of day is it? Barak was going to suggest to Algared that he tries a bit of hunting...

Post by GM I have been waiting for some sort of conversation as well. There are only a few hours of daylight left the trek following the Ibanvaalers too quite some time
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:47 am

"I say we do as Barak suggests and inform Cunate. We need more than we few to take and destroy their picket. If we had another dozen warriors we could move around the flank of the picket and take them from the direction of Abderheim"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:15 am

"Algared, if we are setting up camp here for the day, I'd like to see what I can hunt locally. If I catch something, then we'll have something good for the pot, and I may discover more about what the Ibanvaalers have been doing in this area."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:05 am

[ooc for some reason i didnt get any notifications that a new message had been added, sorry for the delay]

"So Barak how far a march would it be for us reach Abderhiem?" Algared asks then adds. 'I imagine the host will arrive here sometime around dusk or early on the morrow, with the attck planned for the following day on the sixteenth... at least if I understtod the daas plan initially."

Algared listens to his companions report and nods. "I hope that the lack of interest was merely due to the belief that if was merely a pair of hunters the patrol ran into and not the result of spies betraying the Daas plans."

"As for hunting Barak, I would have thought we wanted to avoid any fires tonight, lest we give away the position. We should continue with the cold rations as planned until after the seige is raised... As for the pickets, I expect the plan calls for the Storzar's host to draw off the main force while the smaller Daas host assist with the breakout. "

"Unless we are moving forward, and as our scout and woodsmen we will rely more on your advice, then we should set up camp. You and Borryg could rest while we take care of that... though if you are feeling fresh enough then 'hunting' and trying to find out what the Ibanvaaler's are doing may be worthwhile... too often it seems the foe has known exactly what we are doing."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:43 pm

"All the jogging was hot and tiring work, but the walk back was refreshing in its own way. I don't know how far we are from Abderheim exactly, but it can't be much more than a watch at marching rate."

[OoC: Does Barak have any better idea than that to the distance involved?]

Post by GM The warband is located about a league west of Abderheim among the foot hills of the mountains

"I think if the spies had learnt of the Daas plans then we would have met more scouts in these woods, and they would have been sure to follow up on any report of people in the woods. They might be planning on luring the Daas in to a trap, but it is a very patient hunter who can resist a peak at the prey to see if they are falling for it. No I think we're in the contested zone between Daas and Dagen and a minor skirmish is not out of the ordinary.You are right that the Storzar with clear the field of those pickets - as long as they get there first."

"We could move further east nearer to Abderheim - the close we get the more likely we are to find more Ibanvaal. We havn't covered much ground today. I do not mind scouting out the Ibaanvaal but that might be best left to tomorrow morning in advance of the host, since there is less chance of giving the game away."

[OoC: Barak will firm up his opinion after considering just how close to the thran he thinks they are.]


avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum