14 Saraju 720

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:26 pm

[OoC: what, if any, preparations did Algared, Bjarni & Bryndis get done before Barak & Byorgg return?]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:04 am

Barak's post edited and as for Bryn - that would depend on your companions as you had nearly a full watch to attend to such things.....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:26 am

As far as Bjarni is aware all we were doing was waiting, and watching. I hardly see the need to do much more than that. it is not like we are plannign on staying here for any length of time.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:31 am

Algared listens to Barak's reply to his questions then nods, before saying quietly.
"We know the plan to raise the siege calls for the Storzer to draw off the baulk of the Ibanvaal force on the sixteenth and once that is done for The smaller Daas force to break through the siege lines. Given we seem to be a day a head of where we desire to be we should halt our advance. We can move closer tomorrow. My main concern is a patrol being sent from the Ibanvaal host to confirm the reports of hunters.

I think we can close the distance to Abderhiem tomorrow and you'll have a better lead then as well. Once we are close enough we wait. This way we are able to guard the trail for the Daas and be refreshed tomorrow. Though I think double watch may be wise tonight. We should try refill our waterskins as well."

Algared stops allowing the others to comment or add their thoughts.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Barak says "Okay" then helps set up camp for the night.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:05 pm

OoC: I think there really needs to be some punctuation here... Wink

Algared wrote:Algared stops allowing the others to comment or add their thoughts.

Either you're saying
"Algared stops allowing the others to comment..." meaning he's not going to listen anymore...
or you're saying
"Algared stops, allowing the others to comment..." meaning he's pausing to see what the others will add.

I'm guessing you meant the second, but it just made me giggle.


For the watch before Barak and Byorgg returns, Algared asked for suggestions, but no determination was given on what course of action we should take...

For now, Bryndis thinks that staying here is a good idea (especially if we made preparations, etc...) and will help set up camp.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:30 am

There are few preparations needed for the camp tonight, with no fire there is little need for firewood and so the warband turn their immediate attentions to where they will sleep. Each warrior scans the surrounding area near where they have stopped and finds a suitable place free of rocks and slope that they can lay down upon, clearing some small rocks they prepare their sleeping area as best as they can to make it as comfortable as possilbe.

The wind continues to blow harshly from the south east but the mountains here seem to shield you from the worst of the winds, the temperature is still cool and it looks to be a cold night, Barak turns his head skyward and shaking his head says "I think no rain tonight", Algared replies "Shame really might have kept any Ibanvaal patrols indoors" with a wry smile added.

With these simple preparations complete the warband rejoin one by one as they finish their sleeping areas to the central campsite where they find a comfortable seat and turn their attentions to a meal. Barak recalls a small stream several spurlines away and leads a small group off to gather water to refill the warbands waterskins.

The group returns soon enough and the warband set about eating their evening meal. Each warrior selects something to suit their own hunger from their rations and in whispered tones the warband talk amongst themselves with Bjarni every now and then forgetting where he is and bursts in a fit of laughter, the others fall in behind with the big man but soon things are back under control and the woods are silent except for the increasing sounds of the woods encroaching upon the warband. It would seem that the birds and the like have accepted the warband here and flit from branch to branch in the trees above them.

A careful watch is kept while the warriors rest and eat but there is no sign of any other human activity apart from their own. With darkness now starting to fall and the shadows ever lengthening the warband begin to lay back and relax their guard slightly. Bjarni comments that the trek through the woods has not be as painful and rigorous as his previous ventures "Perhaps I am getting my land legs after all!" he is heard to comment.

With night now approaching the warband decide to call it a day and turn in - with a watch set those warriors not on watch curl themselves up inside their blankets while those on watch pull cloaks tightly about their shoulders to ward off the worst of the cold.

The wind continues to blow through the night and the trees bend and sway with each gust adding to the noises of the woods, the woods are mostly devoid of human noises quiet except for when one of the sleeping warriors turn in their sleep to find a more comfortable sleeping position and the animals of the night as they move about the woods in search of the food. An occasional hoot from a passing owl is heard from the treetops near the warbands camp and the ever present insect calls are heard all about.

But there is no sign of any human activity other than those of the warband...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:35 am

Bryndis Serewyn wrote:OoC: I think there really needs to be some punctuation here... Wink

Algared wrote:Algared stops allowing the others to comment or add their thoughts.

Either you're saying
"Algared stops allowing the others to comment..." meaning he's not going to listen anymore...
or you're saying
"Algared stops, allowing the others to comment..." meaning he's pausing to see what the others will add.

I'm guessing you meant the second, but it just made me giggle.


For the watch before Barak and Byorgg returns, Algared asked for suggestions, but no determination was given on what course of action we should take...

For now, Bryndis thinks that staying here is a good idea (especially if we made preparations, etc...) and will help set up camp.

yes puncutation was needed the second was the intended thought.. and glad it put a smile on the dial.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum