16 Sarajun 720

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Borygg's actions are similar to Barak's. He carries his bow in his left hand, spear in right. He'll try to keep the spear as long as possible but if he needs to be shooting on the move, he'll have to leave it behind and rely on his mace for any hand-to-hand action.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Bryndis falls in and prepares for the charge.
She'll attempt to block anyone attacking her or Algared, and will attack anyone who poses a threat to Algared.
She'll also take any swipes of opportunity at any fallen foe who's still moving...
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:47 am

Thaldirs waits and bides his time, with both lines now engaged the huscarl leads the small warband along the thranaal's wall towards the gatehouse, taking care to stay close to avoid any wary archers in the gatehouse.

Approaching the gatehouse the huscarl stands in the middle of the gateway "I am Thaldirs Daas, chief huscarl to Cunate Daas, he now fights down there" pointing towards the meadow below "will you join us"

Watching the gate you can see many warriors milling about either waiting to defend the gate or sortie forwards.

As you watch and wait the first Ibanvaalers break from their shieldwall and head towards your small warband. Barak is the first to knock and release his arrow, the arrow flies true striking the Ibanvaaler in the left shoulder. The warrior stops his advance momentarily but continues to push towards the small warband. Borygg looses his arrow at a second Ibanvaaler but the warrior is able to block the shaft with his shield as he holds the shield up high to protect himself.

The archers from the gatehouse join in the attack against the Ibanvaalers advancing towards the gatehouse. Two arrows strike an Ibanvaal warrior dropping him quickly, another arrow finds it mark on another advancing Ibanvaaler but he too continues to advance.

The Ibanvaalers continue there drive towards the gatehouse there numbers reduced to about a dozen now and will be upon you within about thirty heartbeats...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:23 am

Bryndis will move to the front (back?), and stand ready to defend Algared and Thaldirs (while he talks with those inside). "Barak, you're as deadly with your spear...join me to defend. Borygg, keep peppering them with arrows. Bjarni, are you strong enough to defend?"
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:17 am

Barak stows away his bow, draws his spear from the ground, and joins Bryndis standing on her right with spear in his left hand.

As the enemy closes, he will push forward (a single step) with his shield to try and deflect the impetus of their attack, and follow up with a thrust from the spear if the opportunity arises.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:44 pm

As the enemy closes Algared others Bjarni his spear, "Care to harpoon one? I'll use my sword to finish any downed foes, or defend if need be."

Algared then draws his sword and prepares to help defend. He will remain in the second rank if possible and help use his weight to prevent them being pushed back into the gate without manouver room. He will strike at any foe that breaks the line or collapses ensuring they do not rise again (if he can reach them).
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Bjarni will use his own spear first and try to mark one of the advancing Ibanvaalers. He will put everything into a good straight throw.

"Thanks Algared," he will say and take Algared's proffered spear and if he has time he will hurl that as well, and quickly draw his haakapik.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:06 am

A cry from the upper levels of the gatehouse can be heard "THE DAAS IS HERE!!!" followed by "THALDIRS HAS COME, WHERE THALDIRS GOES THE DAAS LEADS!!!!"

Borygg nocks another arrow and taking aim at one of the advancing warriors looses the shaft, the warrior trying to exhort his companion on is struck in the right hip by the arrow. The warrior reels from the wound but pauses to break the shaft and before continuing his advance. He begins to fall behind the rest of his companions as they close with the warband.

Bjarni balances the spear in his right hand before tossing the weapon at the nearest of his attackers. The shaft arcs towards the warband but falls short of the mark. Bjarni accepts the second spear from Algared who now draws his sword in preparation for the coming fight.

From the gatehouse another hail of arrows is fired towards the advancing Ibanvaal warband. You watch as one arrow clatters off the helmet of one warrior while a second is struck in the right forearm, the wound does little to stop his advance though.

The Ibanvaalers now continue to close and are about 200' from your warband and will be upon in the space of about 20 heartbeats.....

From within the thranaal a voice booms out from near the gate "RAVENS PREPARE FOR BATTLE!"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:27 am

Though not a raven, Barak prepares for battle as best as he can.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:05 am

Bryndis prepares for the onslaught, being ready to slide aside should way need to be made for reinforcements from the thranaal.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:17 am

"Damn, perhaps I should have waited until they were closer," Bjarni says. This time he will wait until the enemy is only 20-30 paces away and let fly.

avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:10 am

"Steady my friend." Algared says as Bjarni curses. As the cry for the Raven clan to ready for battle Algared readies himself to recieve the Ibanvaal charge or follow Thaldirs as he also joins the Raven's charge.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:14 am

From behind you the sounds of the bar across the gate can be heard moving, the rattle of equipment being readied can also be heard.

Borygg draws another arrow and with his initial target now falling back the archer takes aim at another Ibanvaal warrior as he approaches, the arrow flies true striking the warrior in the gut the warrior stops for a moment before seems to stagger a step or two before snapping the arrow shaft and rejoining his companions in the charge on the Daas line.

The archers upon the gatehouse succeed in dropping another warrior with their volley of arrows from on high.

The number of Ibanvaal warriors has dropped to ten or so and they have become strung out as the wounded fall behind.

Thaldirs moves to a position on Bryn's right shoulder with Algared behind him "Remember to stack!" he says turning his head slightly to talk to Algared. With Borygg now off to the left right rear (and furtherest from the approaching Ibanvaalers), Barak takes up a position on Bryn's left shoulder with Bjarni next to him.

The Ibanvaalers are closing still....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:40 am

If Barak is forming up on the left, then he will have his shield in his left hand and spear in his right.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Since it looks to Borygg that the band is about to engage in a way that is more appropriate for spear and shield than bow, he'll take a few last shots but leave himself time to sling his bow and switch to spear and shield.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Algared nods as Thaldirs speaks, he has every intention of ensuring any foe who is knocked down doesn't get back up. Defensively Algared will trust his companions to guard him as he carries out the task.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:29 pm

With the Ibanvaal warriors continuing to press closer, Borygg looses another arrow at a closing warrior, but the arrow thuds into the warriors shield lodging itself in the timber.

The fire from the gatehouse is ineffective too.

Meanwhile, underneath the gatehouse the warband prepares for the coming battle.

From behind the gate the sounds of the bar being removed continues to be heard.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:19 am

"Well lads, here it comes," Bjarni says as he prepares to throw his spear.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 am

"Not as many as last time though." Algared shrugs then adds with a laugh, "but they still need stacking, all the way to the Daas, If we are able."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Borygg is able to fire off another two arrows as the Ibanvaal warband without effect, along with the archers manning the gatehouse, they too are unsuccessful in bringing down any of the Ibanvaal warriors as they continue to close the distance on your small warband now becoming pinned between about a dozen Ibanvaal warriors and the still closed gatehouse.

The sounds of the gate being opened can still be heard and with the enemy closing the distance Bjarni hurls the spear he holds towards the nearest Ibanvaaler the spear strikes the warrior in the upper right arm but does not appear to have done to much damage to the warrior. He looks quickly at his arm and shrugs off the blow.

With the Ibanvaalers now closing to within 50' of the small warband the gates behind you begin to swing open and a flood of warriors pours forth from the thranaal. The now severely outnumbered Ibanvaal warriors pause momentarily before they begin to retire back towards their own main line of defence. Hotly pursued by the defenders of the thranaal.

With the defenders now pouring past the small warband Thaldirs turns to the others and says "About time they joined the battle!"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Bjarni looks to Thaldirs and pointing with his spear at the warriors emerging from the thran asks "Do we follow this lot or do we lead them?"

Post by GM Thaldirs replies "I think it a little late to lead them" the huscarl says as the swarm of warriors from within the thranaal wash past your small warband "but if you wish to join them off you go, I have no intention of standing between either glory or death and you my large friend, but with my Valhakar's task complete I intend to put myself by his side to see no harm befall him now, with victory close at hand"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:50 pm

"Well the fighting is likely thickest where the Dass is, we can move behind our lines and join the him but I am no longer really able to fight my wounds are severe enough to prevent that. However, I can still endeavour to stack the foe for you or tend to our wounded who have succumbed to their wounds." Algared says then adds "We need to destroy this force completely and hopefully before any messengers manage to bring them reinforcements."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:45 am

Thaldirs watches for a moment and seeing that the small warband do not appear to be following up in the charge turns and looks over the battlefield for a few moments before turning and heading off down the small rise and off towards the centre of the meadow at a slow trot.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Barak turns to Algared "Well, what are we doing then? We shouldn't just be standing here watching the battle. I propose we follow Thaldris, and lend a hand defeating those Ibanvaal. The spoils of war only go to those that fight. And I want to take my count up beyond three. A quick sprint and we can easily catch him up. "
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:59 pm

In agreement with Barak, Algared says, "We are Thaldirs escort, we help him rejoin the Daas." With a grin he adds "we can't let him return without the escort." With that said Algared moves off in order to catch up with Thaldirs.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum