16 Sarajun 720

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Borygg makes sure his weapons and gear are secure and jogs off after Barak and Algared.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Bjarni keeps pace with his comrades.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Bryndis moves to follow Thaldirs.

[OoC: sorry for the absense... end of year nonsense at work... which will likely continue through the month. Sad ]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:57 pm

The warriors besieged inside the thranaal continue their drive towards the Ibanvaal line and in about twenty hearbeats the two side will collide. A tall man with fiery red hair leads the attackers from the thranaal. He is known as Stee Jans the commander of the 'Ravens' mercenary company from the island of Harn. A knot of men about a score strong follow him, with raised weapons and shields held high. Behind them comes another three score of warriors all crying various war cries that are lost amid each other.

Turning to follow Thaldirs, the small warband move down the slope towards the centre of the line at a slow trot.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:21 am

Barak goes at a fast trot. He wants to catch up with Thaldris before he gets to Cunate.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:40 am

Algared urges his companions to increase their pace, he wants Thaldirs escort, to ensure the Huscarl returns to Cunate with his escort. Although he Will likely succumb to his wounds should he recieve another wound, Algared hopes that the arrival of the small band with Thaldirs will tip the balance in the Daas favor and enable a speedy end to the fighting and victory to the Daas.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:08 am

Moving quickly, to catch up with Thaldirs, Bryndis will position herself to offer maximum protection to Algared.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Bjarni will keep pace as best he can with his comrades. "That old goat can move," he will say to Bryn as he jogs along with her.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:13 am

Thaldirs quickly glances over his left shoulder and notices that you are joining him and so the huscarl slows his pace allowing the huge fisherman not only to catch up but to keep pace, soon the small warband makes it's way down the slope now littered with the refuse of battle. With the fighting now closer to the river there is a view over the earlier battleline, broken weapons and shields lay scattered around and the bodies of the dead and wounded lay about the battlefield. Those wounded that are able seek are trying to seek safety from the fighting.

It would seem that there are about a hundred bodies scattered about the battlefield, as you descend the slope one casualty stands out, Thorin Ulfhednar lays on his back an arrow having pierced his mail byrnie through the chest. His helmet gone the young huscarl lays semi concious, pinkish blood froths from between his lips as he labours with each breath, less than half the arrow can be seen rising out of the warriors chest the arrow having bitten deep into his chest.

Thaldirs stops by the young huscarls side for a moment and raises his head in his hand, the young huscarl tries to speak but he is quickly silenced by Thaldirs "Do not speak Thorin, rest for now, you will be on your feet in no time" with Thorin's back now off the ground about 3" of the arrows shaft can be seen protruding from Thorin's back.

Thaldirs turning to Algared says "You and Bjarni carry him to safety and have his wound tended" then turning to Barak and Bryn he adds "We will see this day won and the day ours!" handing the wounded huscarl over to Algared's care Thaldirs wipes his bloody hands on the grass near his feet, stands, scans the battle line before heading towards the fighting.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:52 am

Bjarni will pass his spear and shield to Algared and lift the wounded huscarle as gently as he can. "Easy lad, I will get you to the healers."

To Algared "Lead the way, I have no idea where we are going"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:27 am

Seeing Thorin lying injured Algared initially began to pull out his physicians kit in order to appraise the wound of the young huscarl,his friend. Once Thaldirs speaks Algared nods and motions for Bjarni to assist him. As Barak, Bryndis, Borryg and Thorin head towards the fighting. Algared tries to appraise the severity of the wound and says in response to Bjarni, "Come, we'll take him from the field of battle and get him tended to."

As Bjarni carries Thorin from the field of battle, Algared will try to arrange for the wounded huscarl to be transported on a manner that will ease his breathing while he speaks to his friend encouraging him.

Algared guides Bjarni back towards the gate house and the relative safety of the palisade and the buildings therein.

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:18 am

Bjarni hoists Thorin up onto his shoulders trying to make the jouney as comfortable as possible for him. Algared leads the group behind the melee and back up the slope towards the thranaal. As you continue your journey you are joined by a number of other warriors who have retired from the fight and are suffering grevious wounds of the own. Arriving at the gatehouse your small group is ushered into the nearest clanhouse, where Thorin is taken from you and placed upon a table.

The older man standing over the table says "Your friend will be cared for" then with a second look at both of you he says "Sit over there I will tend your wounds in time!"....

Thaldirs scans the fight in front of him along with Barak, Borygg and Bryn. With the slight height advantage offered by the ground you begin to notice that the Ibanvaal line is beginning to falter, Ibanvaal warriors are starting to break from the fight and head towards the ford across the stream. As you watch at first the Ibanvaalers are breaking in ones and two but within a matter of moments the whole line begins to waiver and before you can rejoin the battle the Ibanvaal line seems to disintergrate before you eyes as they seek the shelter of the stream and break for the safety of Storzarlund.....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:52 am

"What say you Thaldris? Do we join the frey? Or try and cut of the retreating scum at the stream? Or just leave leave the battle to those already fighting it?" if Thaldris is not swift with his answer he will add "Winning this battle is the easy part, withstanding the Dagen's counter-attack is when the fun will start."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:54 pm

[OoC - I have not reread the thread but I thought that although hit a few times my armour held. If I am wounded it can't be that bad]

"They are just scratches," Bjarni tells the healer. To Algared he says "I am going" and taking his shield and weapons runs out to join the rout of the Ibanvaalers. If the opportunity arises he will loot. He is specifically looking for a decent sword and an axe. His purse is empty pretty much so some coin or jewellery wouldn't go amiss. After his last looting experience he will keep more than a weather eye out for any foemen who might decide to stop me.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:20 pm

As Bjarni gathers his gear the physician merely shrugs his shoulders as Bjarni heads out of the clanhouse and off to return to his companions. By the time Bjarni has left the clanhouse he finds the Ibanvaal line in complete disarray with the Daas line either collecting prisoners or making an effort to pursue the Ibanvaalers as they flee towards the river.

Thaldirs smiles at Barak's comments "The battle seems all but won now but there will be those that will try to make a stand, lets make sure they are not able!" Thaldirs winks at Barak's next comment "Aye lad, with luck we won't be here when the Dagen arrives!" The huscarl then begins to move at a slow trot towards the battle lines.

Moving forward your small warband quickly advances towards a small group of Ibanvaal warriors who seem to be preparing to make a stand against your group. As you near they seem to note that a final stand will be futile with Daas warriors all about them their line of retreat seemingly gone the group of four warriors throw down their arms and surrender to you. Thaldirs then says "Well done, my friends, I will leave you to deal with them, I am off to find Cunate, I will see you all later!"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:19 pm

"We accept your craven surrender" says Barak. Brandishing his spear at them he continues: "Throw your weapons away from you and knee down."

Turning to Borygg he asks "Have you still got those short pieces of rope you once had?".
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:28 pm

The four warriors immediately comply with Barak throwing down not only their spears but their shields as well, they immediately drop to the knees keeping their hands high....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Borygg puts his shield and spear down and takes his rucksack off his back, then rummages through it to pull out various pieces of rope. If Barak intends to tie the prisoners' hands, Borygg will help, relieving the prisoners of any weapons and valuables equipment.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Bjarni will wander the field looking for decent gear - he really wants a long axe. Given that these same Ibanvaalers were responsible for him losing his sea chest, all his clothes and his good boots that were made for him by his dear mother, he is going to find a decent pair of boots. A decent cloak wouldn't go amiss either. Bjarni believes that he is owed - weregild if you will. And his mother's love is worth more than a few arm rings and purses he may find.


Last edited by Bjarni Daasen on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:32 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Barak indeed plans to tie the prisoners hands, and does so together with Borygg. If the have any obviously valuable jewellery (e.g. gold) or ostentacious purses he will releave them of it, but he dosn't take mundane items - other than their weapons. I.E. if they are common warriors then he'll only remove their weapons.

"Right Borygg you and I had better carry their spears and shields, whilst we taken them over there with the other prisioners. Bryndis, you can guard them and cut down any that attempt to escape."

If either of the spears or shields he carries are better than his - i.e. less battle damaged - he'll swap them. After all both his shield and spear were originally Ibanvaal in the first place.


Last edited by Barak Daas on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:26 am

With the prisoners tied and secured Barak and Borygg search each of them in turn, it would seem that your appearance has taken the besiegers by surprise as you find little more than 7d in coin among the four men. They each wear rough spun woollen clothing, plate 1/2 helms and quilt gambesons. Apart from their daggers two of the warriors carry shortswords, a third carries a broadsword while the fourth carries a hand axe. Which they relinquish without problem.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:45 am

Barak takes the two shortswords (and scabbards/swordbelts, so he can loop them of his shoulder) leaving the broadsword and axe for Borygg. He dosn't remove anything else from the men. He then leads off for the nearest large knot of prisoners, determined to make these prisoners someone else's problem as quickly as possible. If they pass a collection of discarded weapons he'll add his two spears and shields to it; if not he'll start a stack when he is rid of the prisoners.

Enroute he asks Bryndis and Borygg "What shall we do next? Help to secure the prisoners, deal with the dead and secure the thran, or join Bjarni? Personally I think the thran could do with a visit - to make sure there are no Ibanvaal hiding there."

avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Actually, what is Bjarni thinking? How small minded and petty of him to be looting bodies. Instead he looks around for the Ibanvaal camp and heads there.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:41 am

Brydis will follow, keeping a close eye on their prisoners.

Once the prisoners have been delivered (assuming we can offload them), she will follow Barak's lead.

If they are not able to offload the prisoners, she will continue to guard them (and guarantee their safety).

[If Borygg doesn't show interest in the broadsword, Bryndis will hold onto it.. inspecting it for battle damage, and keeping it close to hand in case another fight breaks out and it's needed. Wink]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:57 am

[OoC: I am assuming any 'treasure' is being shared by the group and hence it dosn't matter who carries what initially]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum