16 Sarajun 720

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:36 pm

"From a military perspective I tend to agree with you Bjarni. After we've looted everything of value of course. But these men are our brothers, cousins, etc. It would be hard for Cunate to order such harm to kith and kin. I certainly wouldn't want to be suggesting it to Cunate."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:50 pm

"Kith and kin they may be but they will be traitorous ones in a ten-day, mark my words. The Dagen seems to know how to win. He would do well in Orbaal"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:00 pm

"What say you Algared? Are you willing to counsel the Daas with our collective strategic wisdom?" says Barak with a broad smile.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:01 am

Barak Daas wrote:"What say you Algared? Are you willing to counsel the Daas with our collective strategic wisdom?" says Barak with a broad smile.

"While I agree, we know from what we heard of the defence of Froyahiem that the men from Froyby let the attack.. so I dont imagine this would be anything different. And I could see any Daasmen left here will not be treated fairly. Personally I'd rather we were were able to hold here, even go and burn out the Dagan's palisade that blocked the fords.. though I imagine it depends upon how the Storzar has faired against the four thousand that left here. and lets not forget Kugald is busy keeping the west as secure as possible.

I am sure the Cunate is equally aware of the dangers and possibilities... and I'm not sure Cunate wishes our imput and he will summon if he so desires it. Though if we quit this place I'd rather leave nothing the Dagan can use, boats men supplies... but for most it will be a trek back through the hills to Ygesdram and we are the rear guard.

Anyway I want to check on Thorin again in a moment."

Algared will more to the side and sit for a while in thought with his physicians kit, badages, bowl and water, before checking his stomache wound.. if asked he'll say the bandages felt too tight.



avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:29 am

"Hmmf," Bjarni snorts, "Tell me truthfully - Can we actually stand shield to shield against the Dagen? These little battles are whittling us down as much as they are his forces. One day soon he will bring his entire army to face Cunate. I have to admit I was more confident when the King in Pelyn was coming...but he is dead and where does that leave us?"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:44 am

Returning to the thranaal you wander about looking for Algared. You eventually find him towards the northern end of the thranaal, sheltered in the growing dark behind a few small outbuildings. Algared has his bowl out partially full of water as it looks as if he has just finished cleaning his wounds. Algared is struggling to bind the wound to his shoulder.

Joining Algared you take a place beside him as night falls about the thran.

Activity around the thranaal begins to subside, people seek the shelter of clanhouses, animals start to settle for the night and the smell of cooking wafts over the thranaal as hearth fires give off their warmth to those inside...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Barak will prepare as best as possible for another cold night in the open. If he can find firewood he will build a small fire for warmth and to cook the evening food. During the evening he will continue to practice his Orbaalese with Bjarni and Bryndis, and he also tries playing his pipe again to see if it is still as easy amazingly easy to play.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Algared finishes binding his wounds, says a prayer of thanks for and prays for the well being of his friend Thorin. Once his companions have returned and they are settled he turns to Bryndis and says. "I was thinking, our warband needs to draw a few extra if we are to to able to function effectively. Our last battle highlighted our needs. I know Barak and Borryg are skilled but I wonder if you would even more effective if you weren't forced into the front..." Algared pauses, sighing deeply, "and it is evident to us all, I am the weak link in our line, it doesn't matter how willing I am to stand in thtosh owls wall. I will gladly fight to the death to defend any of you... But I don't think I'd be defending you very long. We could use an additional warrior or two. I think there may be a some within this host who may prefer to leave with the Daas rather than remain here. We should see if we can recruit them, and it will help us in the task we have as rear guard. We will likely have a couple of days to see who would be willing to join with this band of brothers, we merry few." Algared stops and waits, trying before they speak to gauge the reaction of his companions.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:17 pm

"I was no slouch in the fight you know, as the handle on this maul attests," Bjarni says to Algared as he examines the crack in the shaft of his maul. "Tomorrow I am going to find a decent shaft, and see about getting it metal banded when we get back to Ygesdram. Or, perhaps get an iron shaft fitted."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:28 pm

"Yes, I killed three men today, but men are not my chosen prey. Nor do I like being in the front line. I was lucky today, no one hit me. I'd one had done then I would have had no protection and I would be as wounded as Algared."

Speaking of which, if he hasn't tended his foot wound yet, he will do so now.

"I for one would be pleased to have a few more companions. But I don't suppose Cunate will be happy to loose more good warriors to scouting duties."


Last edited by Barak Daas on Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:32 pm

"Perhaps he would be more willing to lose a few to rear-guard duty instead," Bjarni says.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:34 am

"Perhaps he might. It is worth a try."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:36 am

Barak Daas wrote:"Yes, I killed three men today, but men are not chosen prey. Nor do I like being in the front line. I was lucky today, no one hit me. I'd one had done then I would have had no protection and I would be as wounded as Algared."

Speaking of which, if he hasn't tended his foot wound yet, he will do so now.

"I for one would be pleased to have a few more companions. But I don't suppose Cunate will be happy to loose more good warriors to scouting duties."

"Well i was thinking if we can recruit from those who may not be happy about staying here, maybe having family and friends killed by the Ibanvaal host and knowing they will likely be asked to fight against us may not sit happily with some.. or maybe if a small mercenary company was decimated they would find it more beneficial to join our band... if that ends up being the case we may find we can increase our number without the need to deprive the Daas. "

And since I have my Physicians tools out, if you have any scratches or cuts that need tending to.. you may as well let me have a look."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:45 am

"I think we all did fairly well, given the odds" Bryndis will reply to comments about how well everyone fought.

"As to adding to our little group, I suspect Algared was refering to recruiting from locals who may not want to stay and become thralls to the Dagen. I seem to recall seeing some Ravens in the relief band which aided us from the thranall in that last skirmish. Perhaps one of them...", but she'll let the comment trail off.
After a short time in contemplation, she'll add "It certainly couldn't hurt to seek another one or two to join our rearguard duties, Cunate willing."

Bryndis would have offered to help Algared rebind his wounds, if he was willing.
Like Barak, she would prepare for another night in the elements, maximizing comfort and minimizing draft.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:58 am

Algared gladly accepted Bryn's help in rebounding his wounds.

He nods in agreement to Bryndis observations, then adds, "Indeed considering the odds we seemed to come off fairly lightly. I hope to help out Thorin, he was a boon companion when he travelled with us, and good friends are always hard to find. But anyway in regards to recruits you have heard of the Ravens, they are from Harn as well arent they, what can you tell us about them Bryn?"



Last edited by Algared on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Barak will submit to having his foot cleaned and lightly bandaged; but will shy away from anything to do with bowls of water and esoteric mumblings...

"Yes recruiting the young men from here would be a good idea. Some must want revenge. I wondered in joining the Ravens might be a good idea; especially if the Daas gets no aid from the King."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Barak Daas wrote:Barak will submit to having his foot cleaned and lightly bandaged; but will shy away from anything to do with bowls of water and esoteric mumblings...

"Yes recruiting the young men from here would be a good idea. Some must want revenge. I wondered in joining the Ravens might be a good idea; especially if the Daas gets no aid from the King."

"I'm not sure joining a bunch of sell swords would be a good idea, I don't see much honour in that. As to aid from the king I've a feeling his death will galvanize our nation since I imagine he was killed by agents of Ibanvaal... I order to slow down the aid we would otherwise recieve."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:27 am

In the fading light of the evening sky Bjarni tries to wear the bearskin cloak but without a cloak pin the weighty piece of fur will not stay upon the big mans shoulders, refusing to stay put for more than twenty heartbeats or so and so in vain Bjarni folds the cloak up and packs it away, leaving the fisherman to fend off the cold wind as best he can without his cloak. Later that night however, the cloak makes an excellent addition to his blanket keeping the huge warrior warm during the cold night.

Barak gathers some wood from a nearby wood pile "They won't know it's gone" he thinks to himself as he starts a small fire clear of the buildings, the fire does little to warm the small warband but gives off enough light that the warriors are able to see about their small campsite. Then returning to the campsite Barak while talking with his companions allows Algared to treat the wound to his foot. Algared begins to prepare his bowl and pours out some water to treat the wound but Barak refuses to allow the mage to use his esoteric mumblings (GM Note - Laughing ). Algared first washes the wound carefully as Barak flinches as the cold water stings the open flesh, the carefully Algared binds the wound to keep it clean.

Bryndis on arriving at the small campsite selected by Algared offers to help bind the wound to his shoulder which he seems to be struggling with, Algared accepts the shieldmaidens offer and so with care and skillful hands she dresses his wound. With that done the shieldmaiden settles down to prepare a meal using the small fire to cook by, she is soon joined by her companions as each prepares what food they have left from their march to Abderheim. While cooking the shieldmaiden chats with her companions about the day events, what the future holds and their possible course of action.

Algared now joined by his companions and with his shoulder redressed has treated Barak's foot and now prepares a meal for himself by the fire.

With darkness now about them, the thranaal has settled down and a stillness has taken over, broken only the occasional burst of laughter coming from within one of the clanhouses. While you prepare yourselves for the night a sentry doing his rounds stumbles upon your position, he looks at you quizzicaly, "What are you doing out in the cold?" he asks
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:00 am

GM wrote:With darkness now about them, the thranaal has settled down and a stillness has taken over, broken only the occasional burst of laughter coming from within one of the clanhouses. While you prepare yourselves for the night a sentry doing his rounds stumbles upon your position, he looks at you quizzicaly, "What are you doing out in the cold?" he asks

"The halls appeared crowded and filled, and there seemed many wounded, more seriously than we. When I was looking for space for my companions and myself. And in the bustle I tried to find a quiet place to rest, so I wouldnt need to move and agrevate my wounds, and one that would aslso be large enough for my companions." Algared answers then asks, "Where should we be then?" Algared answers.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:25 am

"Fair enough" the sentry replies "If you choose to be out here than that is alright too!" the sentry adds. Answering Algared the sentry says "In any clanhouse you choose, it would be impolite for anyone to deny you hospitality, given the current situation"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:54 am

"I like being out in the open at this time of year" says Barak "The sky's can be crystal clear and you can see all the stars in the heavens. Plus, if you sleep inside too much you start to go soft. Sleeping amongst the star keeps you in practice for the long hunting trips, or even for rowing amongst the ice flies at night hunting seal."

To Algared he adds "However, I was suprised you choose to sleep out here."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:33 am

The sentry shrugs his shoulders at Barak "Your choice" he says as he casts an eye skyward as he turns to leave he pauses and adds "I will let the others know you are here so you are not disturbed further" then as he turns to leave he whispers almost to himself "still I would rather be warm inside" then he turns the corner of another outbuilding and disappears from view as he continues his watch.

Yael rises in the eastern sky, the full circle of light helps keep the shadows at bay, with bellies full the warband prepares their sleeping gear as Bjarni adds his new found bear skin cloak to his bedding. Barak lays back and stares into the night sky watching the stars above before one by one the warband drift off to sleep.

During the night as the warband sleeps the wind does little to ease in strength but it does shift direction to blow in from the north east, clouds begin to gather but there looks to be little threat of rain as the night remains clear.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:05 am

Barak Daas wrote:"I like being out in the open at this time of year" says Barak "The sky's can be crystal clear and you can see all the stars in the heavens. Plus, if you sleep inside too much you start to go soft. Sleeping amongst the star keeps you in practice for the long hunting trips, or even for rowing amongst the ice flies at night hunting seal."

To Algared he adds "However, I was suprised you choose to sleep out here."

"Well the area more or less chose me, after our walk to the thran there seemed to be much going on everywhere... and I wanted a quiet place to rest in the the thranall. A warm cot would be great, but we have a march most likely in a few days and we'd do well to remain use to the conditions. Though it's times like these, with the wind I miss the tarps and sails we had on the Farvie."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:14 pm

"Well if gets too cold we can always steal Bjarni's bearskin cloak." he says jokingly. "I think tomorrow night we could do with finding better shelter, being out in the cold is not ideal for those who are not used to it or who are injured."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:12 am

With the meal eaten and sleeping gear laid out, Barak retrieves his new found pipes from his pack. Placing the wooden flute to his lips he begins to play. The notes of the familiar tune echoes out through the night and while the performance does not seem to be as good as his first effort, it entertains the small warband as they sit back near the fire chatting.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum