16 Sarajun 720

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:18 am

Stepping lightly over rocks and dodging through the trees your small group pushes towards the path leading to the thranaal gatehouse.

From what you can see through the trees as you move through the woods it would seem that your arrival has caught the Ibanvaalers by surprise, when the bell began to ring they all looked towards the thranaal gatehouse and it was a few moments later that the Ibanvaalers finally saw the Daas warband pushing down from the trees towards the ford at the stream.

Despite the surprise the Ibanvaalers are quick to react and muster quickly to defend themselves.

They move towards the meadow keeping out of bow shot of the gatehouse as they do so. Your warband finally clears the trees and makes for the path, once on the path with Thaldirs leading you walk quickly towards the thranaal gatehouse. As you approach the two trees near the 'T' intersection the first clashes begin between the Daas and the Ibanvaalers.

The two warbands clash near the small stand of trees in the meadow the sounds of battle resound through the thran. A group of about forty warriors move towards your warband when their advance is halted by a volley of arrows from the gatehouse. The Ibanvaalers quickly close ranks to form a shieldwall but slowly advance to move towards you. A group of Daas warriors move intercept them as well. The volley of arrows continues to rain upon them a first then a second Ibanvaaler falls to the hail of arrows. The Ibanvaalers halt once they have reached a point to make any further progress impossible without engaging them.

The Daas warriors move towards the thranaal to aid your advance.

Thaldirs spinning his handaxe in his hand calls in a voice to indicate that this is an order "FORM ON ME!"...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:35 am

Algared forms on Thaldirs and encourages the others to take position. Algared adjusts his shield slightly as they continue to advance.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:34 am

Barak closes up with Thaldris. "This skirmish should give the besiegers the message" he says. "You almost feel sorry for the Ibanvaal; only forty of them."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:45 am

Thaldirs holds his postion and shoots Barak a quick smile at his comments "Will not matter whether they are forty in number or a young boy with a stick when the Grey Slayer calls for you, you will answer" Thaldirs replies with a smile in his face. "But I do not think today is the day!"

With your small warband now formed up just out of spear throwing range, you watch as the group of Ibanvaal warriors stand their ground as another hail of arrows falls about them. With the Daas warband approaching on the Ibanvaalers flank Thaldirs says "We shall drive through them and make for the gatehouse" as he waits for them to engage, a crash echoes about as the two warbands charge each other, with the Ibanvaalers now engaged Thaldirs yells "FOR VALOOOUUURRR!" as he leads the charge into the Ibanvaal host.

Thaldirs leads the warband between the Ibanvaalers and the thranaal wall.

With a crash the small warband collides with the Ibanvaal host, Thaldirs lets out a grunt of pain as he strikes at the Ibanvaaler to his front.

Algared thrusts his spear towards the neck of an Ibanvaal warrior but his strike is blocked by the warriors shield, but his blow in turned aside by Algared's shield in turn.

Barak lowering his shoulder down behind his shield finds a target and charges his foe, the warrior turns and their shields collide the sounds of splitting timber can be heard but with a quick glance Barak finds his shield apparently undamaged his opponent however, seems to stumble from the blow but before a blow can be delivered another warrior steps up to defend his comrade.

Bjarni somewhat slower than the others follows his companions into the fray he charges the Ibanvaal line and with his weight behind his charge he pushes through the Ibanvaal line driving the warriors back.

Borygg joining the charge thrusts with his spear at the nearest Ibanvaal warrior, the spear point strikes the warrior in the right side of the belly, the man yells in pain from the blow, stumbles several steps but remains on his feet. Before another blow can be delivered however, another warrior steps forward to take his place, his sword strikes finds Borygg's shield and the shaft of steel glances away.

Bryndis joining the fray with her companions strikes at the nearest Ibanvaal warrior with her sword, the warrior is unable to block the strike but the blow seems to bounce of the left shoulder of her opponent with little visible damage done, the return strike is wild and is easily avoided by Bryn.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:33 am

Algared notes Thaldirs grunt of pain as he collides with his foe just as he strikes out at his own opponent. Algared will jab his spear in the direction of the face of Thaldirs opponent, hoping that his attack will cause the Ibanvaal warrior facing Thladirs to leave himself open to a mortal blow delivered by the Daas huscarl.


[OOC any chance of a map, showing the relative positions.]

Post by GM Amidst the confusion of the fight your current location is near the thranaal wall near where the northwestern corner of the meadow meets the north-south path, maybe some 100' from the gatehouse. As for the positions of any other troops you have no idea at this stage there are too many obstructions to your view for you to be able to see clearly.

By obstructions I include a 40 band warband of Ibanvaalers intent on gutting you Razz


P.S. I should add that he will also be endeavouring to block any attacks that are directed against him as well.


Last edited by Algared on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:04 am

Barak ponders the Ibanvaal ability to dance away without exposing themselves to counter-attack... But he concentrates on attempting to disembowel his current opponent.

Post by GM The Ibanvaaler you forced back was no longer in an attack zone but Barak was still engaged on either flank and was unable to advance to counter attack. That is why Barak was unable to deliver a killing blow against his staggering foe
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:21 pm

Bryndis will attack low, to gauge her attackers strenght and ability... and use her shield to block whatever attack comes her way.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:46 pm

[OoC - sorry - been away a few days - farm and family stuff.]

If Bjarni has managed to break through their line he will strike left and right, basically trying to enlarge the gap so anyone else can follow him through.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:18 am

Combat 2nd round

Thaldirs launches his attack against an opponent but the blow is blocked Algared then thrusts his spear at Thaldirs opponent's face, the Ibanvaaler spots the attack coming and turns the blow aside with his shield, the Ibanvaaler chooses to ignore Algared and focuses his attentions on Thaldirs, the blow is turned aside by Thaldirs shield.

Barak switches his balance and thrust his spear at the nearest Ibanvaaler his blow strikes the Ibanvaalers shield and the spear thrust passes by the Ibanvaalers left hip. The Ibanvaaler in turn finds an opportunity to launch a strike of his own but the blow is turned aside by Barak's shield.

Bjarni seeming to have pushed into the line and finds himself surrounded on three sides by Ibanvaal warriors, he turns right first and launches an attack at the Ibanvaal warrior, the break in the line catches the opponent by surprise and before he can attempt to defend himself Bjarni thrusts his spear towards him the spear passes through the quilt jerkin he wears and bites deep into the mans stomach, Bjarni attempt to withdraw the spear from the warrior but the spear seems to be stuck fast, the warrior grunts in pain but remains standing, the warrior stumbles several steps nearly taking Bjarni off balance but to remain on his feet he is forced to release his grip on the spear the warrior turns towards Bjarni and feebly attempts a strike at Bjarni but the blow is easily turned aside by Bjarni's shield. Luckily two of Bjarni's opponents are tied up defending themselves against his companions but there are two more Ibanvaalers making ready to attack him. Another spear is thrust at Bjarni and he is able to turn the blow away from him as the spear point thrusts by his right side. A third attack is made but Bjarni is not able to move quickly enough to stop the blow, the spear point strikes him in the right shoulder but apart from the force of the blow there seems to be little damage (a few links of armour are broken though) as the spear fails to cut through the mail hauberk.

Borygg on the left flank of the small warband line takes his chance to launch his attack and thrusts his spear at the closest Ibanvaal warrior, the warrior is able to spot the attack coming and turns his body to the right as the spear point arrives the thrust strikes his shield and the spear point bites into the wooden shield the blow sends a shock through the spear which jars Boryggs hand. Borygg is able to hold the spear still and withdraws the spear point from the Ibanvaalers shield, there does not seem to be and visible damage to either the spear of the shield.

Bryndis facing off against her nearest opponent swings her sword low attempt to catch her opponents legs, the Ibanvaaler blocks the blow with the metal rim of his shield and the sound of metal on metal is heard over the cacophony of the battle around them, the Ibanvaaler attempt a blow on the head of Bryndis who is bent low after her strike but the blow is turned aside by the shieldmaiden's shield.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:10 am

While endeavouring to block attacks directed at him Algared will thrust his spear into the mid section of the same Ibanvaal warrior as his previous attack as he endeavours to advance into the gap and provide Bjarni with some support. His hope is that the foe will be distracted by Thaldirs and not see the new attack as the spear thrusts forth, or in trying to protect against Algared's attack to his flank leave himself open to Thaldirs' own attack.

[OOC: following clarifcation of the relative positions of the warband, which has Algared on Bjarni's left and Thaldir's right. I've ammended my post slightly]



Last edited by Algared on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:46 am

Unless Barak spots a better opportunity, he will continue to attack the person who is the greatest threat to him.

Who is on either side of him?

Post by GM

I have the order randomly determined as you marched down the path as from left to right

Borygg Bjarni Algared Thaldirs Barak Bryndis


Post by Barak: Thanks. So I have the old man to protect on one side and the shield maiden on the other...
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Bryndis will attack across her opponents body, attempting to disarm him, but preparing to block in case her disarm is unsuccessful.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Bjarni, momentarily weaponless, will pull his gutting knife and attempt to get close to the enemy so their spears will be at a disadvantage (he doesn't think he will have time to unsling his maul - much as he would like to). He wants to keep pressing them so they are on the back foot. If he gets a chance he will direct a blow into an unshielded side of anyone fighting his comrades, but for now will concentrate on his two attackers.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:13 am

Seeing Bjarni weaponless, Borygg will try to keep Bjarni's opponent away to give Bjarni room to re-arm.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 am

Combat 3rd round

Algared thrusting his spear at the mid section of previous target has his attack blocked by the Ibanvaalers shield, in turn the Ibanvaaler turns his attentions from Thaldirs and thrusts his spear towards Algared the spear is wide of the mark and thrusts harmlessly by Algareds right side. Seeing an opening Algared lunges once more at the Ibanvaal warrior but the thrust misses its target. Another warrior facing off Algared now tries to catch the Daas warrior with his spear but Algared is able to turn the spear thrust aside as it strikes towards his neck blocking the thrust with his shield.

Barak and his opponent bash shields as they vie for a good attacking opportunity, Barak is the first to find such an opportunity and thrusts overhand with his spear at the Ibanvaal warrior to his front. The Ibanvaal warrior steps to his left and turns the spear point away with his shield, the Ibanvaaler now launches and attack of his own and the spear moves quickly towards Barak's left forearm but with a deftness and skill Barak is able to turn the spear point away with the metal rim of his shield.

Bjarni still surrounded is unable to unsling his maul in the close confines of the melee, instead drawing his hunting knife, he moves closer to any enemy warrior in an attempt to close the distance against their spears, his attack catches the Ibanvaal warrior to Bjarni's right a little awares but the Ibavaaler is able to bring his shield up in time to avert the blow, attacking back the Ibanvaaler quickly changes his grip and attempts to thrust up into Bjarni's belly but Bjarni is able to stop the thrust with his shield. The other two Ibanvaal warriors facing off against Bjarni now launch attacks of their own and Bjarni is forced to backstep a little to give him room to manoeuvre his shield. The first Ibanvaaler thrusts his spear towards Bjarni and the attack is blunted by Bjarni's shield, the warrior has overbalanced and Bjarni sensing an opportunity to attack slashes at him with his dagger but the blade is stopped by the warriors shield. The third Ibavaal warrior now steps forward and thrust at Bjarni with his spear but Bjarni is now caught out of position and the spear point stabs Bjarni in the stomach the blade pricks Bjarni's belly and a small stab of pain surges to Bjarni's head, but experience tells him that the injury is insignificant and that the broken links of the hauberk will take longer to mend than the wound to Bjarni's belly.

Borygg standing on the left of the line and several feet from the thranaal's wall is the first to find an opening to launch an attack at his Ibanvaal opponent thrusting his spear with an overhanded grip Borygg's spear finds its mark and the spear point bites into the Ibanvaalers right shoulder the wounds seems both serious and painful and the Ibanvaalers return thrust is blocked by Borygg's shield. Borygg attempts to move to aid Bjarni but another Ibanvaal warrior attempts to push through the line of battle in an effort to turn the flank of the small warbands line forcing Borygg to hold his position. The Ibanvaaler while trying to push through the line stabs at Borygg with his spear the attack is clumsy and is easily blocked by Borygg and with the Ibanvaaler now at a disadvantage Borygg stabs back but his attack is blocked by the Ibanvaaler, following up on this clumsy advance by the Ibanvaal warrior Borygg now thrusts at him once again but the warrior seems to be lucky and the stab is blocked by his shield.

Bryndis standing on the extreme right of the line swings her blade at the Ibanvaal warrior to her front. Both her blow and that of her opponent are turned aside by the others shield. The Ibanvaal warriors do not seem to be advancing so boldly on this flank, it becomes apparent to her when she quickly glances over her right shoulder, a stream of Daas warriors is driving in at the flank of this group of Ibanvaalers.

Thaldirs fires off a quick look to Algared before he says "I don't need your protection!" and then swings his sword at the Ibanvaaler to his front and with a savage cut the Ibanvaal is slow to react and Thaldirs blow strikes his hapless foe squarely across his unprotected jaw, the blade cuts deep into flesh and bone, the warrior tries to yell in pain but his unresponsive jaw does little more than allow him a moan, the stumbles several step but remains on his feet as he backs away from the line of battle. Thaldirs turns to Algared in the midst of the battle and says with a grin from ear to ear on his face "Told you! Now fight!!!!"

From the gatehouse a steady hail of arrows continues to rain down on the Ibanvaal defenders although from your current position you are not able to determine whether or not they are finding their mark...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:49 am

Algared grins slightly at Thaldirs' comment about not needing protection and says with a chuckle "Just trying to ensure our evening walk is uninterrupted." Then he steps forward pushing with his shield as he endeavours to drive his spear into the gut of the warrior before him. He hopes to position himself to assist Bjarni and guard his flank so he may draw his maul if required.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:11 pm

This is not going the way Bjarni envisaged. He will use his size and strength and try to shield bash the warriors aside.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Barak knows that in this contest it is not about winning, it will be the first to make a mistake who will loose. He continues to probe and test his opponent, ready to take advantage of any weakness, whilst staying cautious in his own defense. He will not attempt to push forward since maintaining the short line is important - in individual melees they would be very out numbered.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Bryndis will continue to attack her oppenent and defend as best she can. She'll also keep an eye on anyone trying to sneak around the end to flank.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:58 am

Combat 4th round

Algared now has a bend in the shieldwall to his left, Bjarni fighting against several opponents to his front left, an Ibanvaaler to his front, a small gap left by the retreating wounded Ibanvaal warrior to his right front (now occupied this round by Thaldirs) and a gap to his right. Against the warrior to his front Algared continues to defend himself as both warriors seek an advantage by barging and bashing with shields. suddenly the Ibanvaaler sensing an opportunity launches and underhand thrust towards Algared the spear point biting through his left calf boot and leggings opening a 1" cut on his left calf, Algared whinces as the spear finds its mark but in reply the Daas warrior launches his attack thrusting towards the Ibanvaaler, Algared's spear passes harmlessly by his opponents right hip, finding himself slightly over balanced the Ibanvaaler launches another attack trying to bring Algared down, while trying to recover from his own attack the Ibanvaaler swings his spear butt as he attempts to cut Algared with the spear blade. The spear blade strikes Algared's left hip but the blade does little damage against his gambeson.

Barak's position in the line holds firm to his left is a gap left by the advancing Thaldirs, to his left front stands Thaldirs, to his front is Barak's main antogonist, to his right front stands an Ibanvaaler currently doing battle with Bryndis and to his right stands Bryndis, still squaring off against his opponent is the first to find an target for his spear but his opponent is equal to the challenge and turns the thrust wide with his shield, the Ibanvaaler now thrusts his spear at Barak hoping to drive the spear point deep into his stomach but Barak is able to turn the spear away from its intended mark, unfortunately though the spear is driven low and strikes Barak in the right foot the blade opens a small cut near his ankle with a grimace of pain Barak quickly moves his foot away.

Bjarni takes in his current predicament and to his left rear stands Borygg, to his left is an Ibanvaaler more concerned with fighting Borygg, to his left front, front and right front are three Ibanvaalers intent on sticking the big warrior with their spears. To his right rear is an Ibanvaaler doing battle with Algared and then to Bjarni's right rear stands Algared. Bjarni without much room to move attempts to drive his bulk at the nearest opponent driving his shield at him, his weight gives him an advantage as he pushes this combatant back into his comrades. The warrior tries to stab at Bjarni as he swings his shield about, his attack misses and Bjarni is able to swing his sheild in reply to this attack and the blow finds its mark striking the warrior on the head, the blow however, does not seem to be to effective as the metal rim of the shield glances off the plate helm that covers his head, the warrior seems a little rattled but not to hurt.

The second warrior now lunges with his spear towards Bjarni but the strike misses, Bjarni seeing that his opponent is over extended now launches at him with his dagger, the dager meets with resistance as Bjarni's spear finds it mark the blade thrusts into the warriors chest. The mans eyes open in disbelief the blade pierces through the warriors gambeson and traces of blood can be seen on the blade as it is withdrawn from the attack. The third warrior now takes his chance to attack this huge warrior, Bjarni not able to keep up his defence is unable to bring his shield about in time and the Ibanvaal spear bites into his right shoulder, Bjarni's armour takes most of the impact but the spear point does bite into flesh.

Borygg now faces off against two enemy warriors the first to his front left and the other directly in front of him, Bjarni occupies the area to Borygg's right front while directly to his right is empty a little further over however, stands Algared still doing battle with the Ibanvaalers. Borygg is the first to find an opportunity to strike thrusting his spear at the Ibanvaaler to his front, the blow is easily turned aside by the Ibanvaalers shield, the Ibanvaaler in reply thrust with an underhand grip towards Borygg's stomach but the warrior is able to turn the thrust aside and then follow up with another attack of his own, however, the Ibanvaaler is once again able to turn this attack aside with his shield. The second Ibanvaaler now moves into the fray thrusting with his spear but Borygg is able to blunt the attack with his spear. A third Ibanvaaler now moves in behind the warrior to Borygg's front left, although unable to join in the attack he tries to push past his companions but they both remain fixed as they do battle.

Bryndis standing in the line has Barak to her left, an Ibanvaaler to her front left (currently engaged by Barak), another Ibanvaaler to her front (her current opponent), another Ibanvaaler to her front right and then a few other Ibanvaalers spread out from there. The Ibanvaaler to her right seem more intent for now on preparing for the Daas warriors approach, they should impact in the very soon. Byrndis however, now in battle with her opponent cuts at him with her sword but the Ibanvaal warrior is able to turn the attack aside with his shield, not only that he catches Bryn over extended and is able to thrust quickly at the shieldmaiden but this attack is thwarted by the timely arrival of Bryn's shield. The Ibanvaaler now sensing an opportunity of his own cuts backhanded at Bryn with his spear blade, the blade misses its mark by a mile and Bryn now finding the Ibanvaal warrior open thrusts the blade of her sword towards the warrior, the warrior attempts to block the strike but the sword strikes flesh and stabs the warrior in the right calf, the Ibanvaaler steps back a little from the attack but there is no look of pain on his face.

Thaldirs steps forward slightly to meet his next foe, the huscarl is met by another Ibanvaal warrior seeking to protect his wounded comrade. The Ibanvaaler squares off against him but Thaldirs is the first to attack and the huscarls sword finds its mark as the blade strikes the warrior is unable to move his shield swiftly enough to protect his left shoulder and the sword cuts through his quilt gambeson, the blow knocking the warrior off balance although he is able to quickly regain his feet and thrust at the old huscarl, the thrust is turned aside by the huscarl and experienced warrior finds an opportunity to launch another attack at his off balanced opponent, the blow once again finds it mark catching the Ibanvaaler in the right foot, the blow cuts through the leather boots the Ibanvaaler wears and he once again reels from the blow but the Ibanvaal warrior remains on his feet. Thaldirs grin can be seen clearly from under his helmet as he battles his foe.....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:18 am

Algared thrusts with his spear, aiming low in the hope that even should he miss his foe may become entangled and lose his footing, he continues to block attacks from his foe.

He redoubles his efforts to straighten the line between Bjarni and Thaldirs.


Last edited by Algared on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:30 am

Bjarni steps back another pace or two to try and straighten the line. If it gives him a moment of space he will reach over his shoulder and draw his maul. If he is pressed too hard he will keep fighting with shield and skinning knife (bear in mind this is no puny dagger but used for flensing skin and blubber off whale carcasses Smile ).
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Wary of exposing his side to attack, Barak will nether-the-less attempt to push forward a bit to protect Thaldris's flank. However, since Thaldris has mail, and Barak has a cloth tunic, Barak is prepared to leave the old huscarl to his own defences if protecting him will leave Barak too vulnerable. If Thaldris falters then Barak will become aggressive in his defence. Other than that, Barak will continue to probe and defend as per the last post.

[OoC: Which hand is Barak holding his spear in? I've frequently posted he fights with his spear in his left hand, but I didn't specify this time, so it is up to you Mr GM ;-) ]

Post by GM I am assuming that because everyone has formed up into a 'shieldwall' that both Algared and Barak are both fighting with spears in their right hands. Feel free to post that you can change hands next round
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:03 am

Combat 5th round

Algared squares off against the Ibanvaaler to his front and with his spear held in an underhand grip thrust towards the warriors legs the spear is aimed at the Ibanvaalers left leg but the warrior is able to block the attack with his shield. The Ibanvaaler now eyes off his opportunity and thrust at Alagred with his spear but the blow misses its target, Algared now senses an opportunity to finish off the Ibanvaaler and slashes the warrior with his spear blade as he recovers from his attack the spear blade slashes across the Ibanvaalers skull but the warriors plate helm absorbs the worst of the blow and the warrior reels a step or so before regaining his feet.

Barak continues to engage his opponent and thrusting his spear towards the Ibanvaal warrior the Ibanvaaler is not able to move quickly enough and Barak's spear point strikes the warrior in the left calf, the spear point cuts through the leather leggings of the warrior and despite his 'yelp' of pain he remains on his feet and prepares to strike back. The warrior thrusts towards Barak's belly but the Daas warrior deftly blocks the attack with his shield, the spear is turned aside and Barak finds the warrior open for another attack, this time slashing towards the warrior with his spear blade while he recovers from his previous attack, the spear blade cuts towards the Ibanvaalers belly and finds it's target, the blow cuts through the gambeson of the warrior to open up a wound on his stomach. Still standing the Ibanvaaler continues to stand his ground.

Bjarni finding the number of opponents confronting him a little disconcerting he steps back to rejoin the line, having done so allows him to unsling his maul. (Do you intend to use this weapon with one or two hands). An Ibavaaler steps forward to follow up on Bjarni's move to rejoin the line the Ibanvaaler thrusting with his spear towards the warriors right leg but the strike is wild and Bjarni now follows up with another attack with his maul. Swinging the huge club with his right hand, the club hurls towards the warriors left arm but he is able to quickly position his shield to block the blow, the blow sends a shock wave through the handle of the maul as it lands squarely on the shield. From a quick look there does not look to be any damage to the weapon.

Borygg now flanked to the left stands his ground and launches an attack against his previous opponent thrusting his spear towards the Ibanvaaler's belly the warrior is not able to move quickly enough to stop the blow and the spear point punches through the warriors gambeson, the spear point is stained with blood as Borygg recovers his weapon but the wound looks only minor and there is little change to the Ibanvaaler's demeanor from this wound. Now able to strike himself the Ibanvaaler thrust his spear towards Borygg's left leg and the blow is blocked by his shield. The second Ibanvaaler now attacks his spear thrusting low towards Borygg's left leg but the thrust is wide of the mark and Borygg is able to seek an advantage to launch an attack against this new threat. However, Borygg's attack is blocked by the Ibanvaaler's shield. The third warrior is unable to push past his comrades and so waits for his chance to attack.

Bryndis on the extreme right flank squares off against her sword cuts towards the Ibanvaal warrior but he is able to turn the blade aside with his shield, the blade of Bryn's sword lands squarely on the shield boss and blade rings from the blow (the blade looks to have suffered very minor damage from the blow) the Ibanvaaler now thrusts towards the shieldmaiden with his spear, the spear cuts towards her right arm but she is able to quickly turn her body and bring her shield to bear to blunt this attack.

Thaldirs now stands against several opponents and through the whirl of combat the huscarl attacks and defends against the three Ibanvaalers to his front, those to his rear are preoccupied with the other members of the Daas 'shieldwall' to harass the huscarl as he advances forward.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 am

How far ahead of the rest of the "line" is Thaldris now?

Post by GM He has only advanced 5' from the last round
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum