16 Sarajun 720

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:38 am

Bjarni is getting sick and tired of this man in front of him, so he will shrug his shield onto his back (assuming he has leather straps on his shield that allow this - not sure the correct terminology but know what it looks like - if not he will just drop it and use both hands) and swing two handed at the guy - with the intention of knocking him over or busting his legs (guess that means I am aiming low).
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Intent on following his foe as reels back a few steps in order to straighten the line, Algared will attempt to advance into the space, unless it if filled by a new Ibanvaal warrior. Whether facing a new warrior or the same this time he aims for the midsection of his foe as he feels striking high or low seems to make the weapon feel more awkward. The feeling that the spear feels awkward is the penalty he pays fighting in a shield wall and not hindering Thaldirs' or Bjarni's or his own shield use.

As Bjarni draws his maul Algared has hopefully been able to position himself to guard the unprotected flank of the big man.

[ooc did Algared manage to move forward as intended? He was trying to draw level with Thaldirs and Bjarni.]
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Combat 6th round...

Algared attempts to push forward but his opponent quickly regains his posture before Alagred can take advantage of the situation. Thrusting your spear at the Ibanvaalers midsection your thrust aviods the Ibanvaalers shield but the spear point fails to find its mark. Quickly recovering the Ibanvaaler launches an attack of his own his thrust is directed towards Algared's right shoulder the spear finds its mark and the spear bites deep into Algared's right shoulder the Ibanvaaler withdraws his spear from the thrust and continues to stand his ground against the Daas warrior. The Ibanvaaler now feeling more confident slashes towards Algared but the warrior is able to turn the blow aside with his shield and sensing a lapse in the Ibanvaalers defence slashes with his spear at the warrior catching the Ibanvaaler on the point of the left shoulder, the blade cuts through the gambeson of the warrior, the Ibanvaaler flinches from the attack.

Barak thrusts towards his opponent with his spear the spear strikes his opponent in the right foot, the spear is driven deep into the warriors foot, the warrior appears to dismiss the wound despite the force required to retrieve the spear from his foot. The Ibanvaaler intent on landing a blow against his antagonist thrusts his spear towards Barak, the spear misses wide of the mark as Barak is able to turn the thrust aside, Barak catching the Ibanvaaler off balance slashes his spear blade across the Ibanvaalers stomach, the blade cuts deep into the warriors stomach, he is barely able to let out a cry of pain before he collapses to the ground.

Bjarni begins to swing his maul about to generate his swing, the Ibanvaaler tries to keep his distance but with a quick step forward Bjarni's maul strikes towards his opponent, Bjarni's swing over extends the warrior and the Ibanvaaler finding a chance to strike the warrior thrusts his spear towards the big man, the spear flashes past Bjarni as he steps aside of the thrust. Cutting back the Ibanvaaler attempts to slash Bjarni with his spear as he recovers from his missed opportunity, the spear blade cuts across Bjarni's stomach but the hauberk deflects all the blow as the spear blade rasps against the mail links.

Borygg now fighting off two enemy warriors thrust his spear towards the warrior to his front , thrusting his spear towards the Ibanvaaler is unable to block the thrust and the spear bites into the warriors stomach the warrior bends over from the blow but quickly recovers from the strike to thrust his spear back at Borygg but the blow is blocked by Borygg's shield. The second warrior now attacks Borygg, the blow is blocked and the spear turned aside with the warrior wrong footed Borygg finds an opportunity to attack this Ibanvaaler, slashing his spear blade towards the warrior, the Ibanvaaler is not in a position to block the blow and Borygg's blade finds its mark, slashing the warriors unprotected throat, the blade cuts deep almost severing the warriors head, blood sprays in a wide arc from the blow covering those standing nearby in a shower of blood.

Bryndis standing her ground with her opponent swings her sword at her attacker the Ibanvaaler is unable to bring his shield about to stop the blow and Bryn's sword cuts into the warriors belly. The blade strikes him firmly and opens a substantial wound to his stomach, his face immediately begins to go pale and with a chance to withdraw from the fight the warrior quickly falls back through his companions dropping his spear to cover his wound.

Doing battle with three enemy warriors Thaldirs is seem amid a flurry of blows to defend himself with much skill as he continues to engage his three foes.

The Daas line now strikes the Ibanvaal warband and a huge battle ensues on your right flank...

Current positions
XXXXXXXX/
-XXXT-XX/
-123- 45

1 - Borygg
2 - Bjarni
3 - Algared
T - Thaldirs
4 - Barak
5 - Bryndis
/ - Daas warband


Last edited by GM on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Given that Thaldris appears to be getting away, Barak will attempt to push forward in support of him. He hopes Bryndis will be able to support. If the fallen warrior is showing signs of life he will stab down at him (with spear) rather than attack the foe in front.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Algared stands his ground and strikes once more at his foe. At least as long as he keeps this warrior engaged there he'll have less opportunity to strike at Thaldirs.

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Do we know where the other 20-odd Ibanvaal warriors are?

Post by GM They are stacked up behind their front line and staggered off to your right flank trying to hold back the Daas flank attack
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:41 pm

Bjarni will keep swinging. Got to hit something eventually. If nothing else it will hopefully create a clear zone so we can push forward.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:24 pm

Barak Daas wrote:Do we know where the other 20-odd Ibanvaal warriors are?

With the Daas warband on the right and palisade on the left the other twenty it so will be in a third line or turned to face the Daas force. The good news is our right flank appears secured.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:50 am

Combat 7th round...

Algared postures to thrust with his spear, the thrust is wide and the Ibanvaaler is able to avoid the thrust, with Algared slightly overextended the Ibanvaaler seizes and chance to finish the fight but his thrust is met by Algared's shield and the blow is blocked. The Ibanvaaler now slashes with his spear blade as he recovers from his previous thrust but Algared is once again able to turn the blow away with his shield.

Barak steps forward over his downed opponent his feet easily able to avoid tripping over the prostrate warrior. Now level with Thaldirs, Barak joins the huscarl in driving a wedge into the Ibvanvaal line. Thrusting his spear at the warrior to his front he over extends with the thrust and his opponent is able to take the opportunity to launch a quick thrust, however, his thrust is blocked by Barak's shield. Slashing with his spear blade the Ibanvaaler now launches his own attack but once again the blade is turned aside by Barak's shield.

Barak's keen eye notes that three riders are fleeing the thran crossing the ford and heading south toward Froyaheim. The riders are at a full gallop as they ride.

Bjarni continues to swing the maul about to keep up its momentum, watching for a chance to strike the maul swings down upon the Ibanvaaler who is able to block the blow with his shield, the force of the blow however, shatters the shield and shards of timber, leather and iron fall to the ground and the Ibanvaaler is left holding little more than the shield boss. The Ibanvaaler begins to back up to straighten their line.

Borygg thrusts his spear at the Ibanvaaler to his front but the thrust is deflected by the shield and fails to strike its target. The Ibanvaaler in response withdraws along with his companions to maintain the line.

Bryndis takes in the fight about her but before she can capitalise on the hole that has been made another Ibanvaaler steps forward to take on the shieldmaiden. The Ibanvaaler thrusts with his spear towards the warrioress but the thrust is swept aside by Bryn's shield. Bryn swings her deadly blade down upon the Ibanvaalers left shoulder, the warrior is unable to block the strike and the blade crashes down upon the warrior shoulder. The blade cuts through the warriors gambeson opening up a nasty wound about 6" long, blood seeps from the wound and the warrior is barely able to keep his feet from the blow.

Meanwhile Thaldirs still trying to push forward is unable to gain ground as the Ibanvaalers stand their ground. The clash of sword and spear striking shields is heard from amid the melee.

The Daas warband continues to battle the Ibanvaal line with no gains.

Current Positions

[tr]/[/td]
XXXXXXXX/
XXXXXXXX
---X45 XX/
-123 6
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:18 am

Barak will attempt to attack the warrior to his front-right, allowing his shield to be used to defend against both opponents in front of him. Given he is now one on two, he will concentrate on his defence.


Last edited by Barak Daas on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected direction of attack)
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:19 am

Algared once more thrusts with his spear at his antagonist while trying to press forward and take position on Thaldirs left. Remembering how merely defending himself and trying to block attacks failed him, he strikes whenever an opportunity presents itself.

Algared thinks to himself, "At this rate I'll master the spear and shield before I master my magics. Assuming I'm not skewered first."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:44 am

Bjarni will swing again at the same man. If he wants to parry with his arm then he is braver than I thought.

Post by GM I will take that to mean that you are advancing forward past Algared and the Ibanvaaler he is fighting
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Bryndis will continue to attack whichever enemy is in front of her, moving forward to line up with Thaldirs and Barak if the opportunity presents itself.

[OoC: Sorry about my absense, but the holiday and weekend messed up my access...]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by GM I will take that to mean that you are advancing forward past Algared and the Ibanvaaler he is fighting

Hmmm. If my shieldless foe has stepped back too far then a quick reverse of the swing into the nearest enemy fighting my comrades may be in order.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:25 am

Combat 8th round

Algared thrusts his spear at the Ibanvaaler to his front - the last of the Ibanvaal line. The Daas warriors spear flashes past the Ibanvaalers shield as he tries to square off with two warriors now. The spear bites deep into the Ibanvaaler's left thigh, the warrior is barely able to keep his feet and he yells in pain. In desparation the Ibanvaaler strikes back thrusting his spear towards Algared but the thrust is wide of the mark and misses Algared, with an opportunity to strike back Algared slashes at the Ibanvaaler with his spear blade but the blade misses its target.

Barak now facing two potential opponents selects the warrior to his front right to attack he spear catches the warrior in the left hip, the strike is enough to draw blood and appears to be only a minor wound, thrust back the Ibanvaaler overreaches and now off balance, misses his target leaving Barak an opportunity to slash the Ibanvaaler with his spear blade. The blade cuts towards the Ibanvaalers legs but the warrior is able to block the blow with his shield. There is a crack from the spear shaft as the metal rimmed shield strikes the shaft. There does not appear to any visible damage but the shock sent through the shaft to Barak's hand tells him the spear is damaged.

The warrior to Barak's front now thrusts towards a spear towards the hunter, but the blow is turned aside by Barak's shield.

Bjarni's opponent having retired catches the big warrior off guard and as he moves to follow up decides that Algared's opponent will make a better target. Changing the mauls direction Bjarni directs the head of the maul towards this Ibanvaaler. The blow lands squarely upon the warriors skull, the resulting clash of wood on plate near stoves the warriors plate helmet. The warrior collapses to the ground from the wound.

Borygg makes to advance along with Bjarni but notes that the warrior instead attacks the last of the Ibanvaalers downing the warrior. So Borygg holds his position rather than advancing into the maws of the Ibanvaal line risking being surrounded.

Bryn now continues the battle against the wounded Ibanvaaler, swinging her sword at the warrior but the blade is wide of the target and presents the wounded Ibanvaaler a chance to thrust at the over reaching shieldmaiden. The spear is wide of the mark allowing Bryn a chance to strike on her backswing thrusting her sword towards the Ibanvaaler but the Ibanvaaler saw the attack coming and was able to block the blow with his shield, the sword struck the shield at the join of the timbers opening a crack in the shield. The Ibanvaaler now slashes towards Bryn with his spear blade but the swing is wide allowing Bryn a chance to drive her pommel into the Ibanvaaler but the blow is blocked by the warriors shield.

Thaldirs now doing battle with two Ibanvaalers flashes Barak a quick smile as the huscarl exchanges blows with his opponents although none can seem to land a blow. The Ibanvaalers seeing the Daas warband fail to follow up on the left flank regain the confidence and once again push forward.

The Daas warband continues to press unsuccessfully at the flank of the Ibanvaaler warband.

Current Positions

XXXXXXXX/
XXXXXXXX/
XXXX45 XX/
-123 6
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:50 am

With a curse Barak throws his spear at the same warrior (front left) as much to distract him as with any intent of injury and draws his shortsword. He continues to defend with his shield. "Come on Bryndis" he says "You don't want to be sleeping with that Ibanvaal scum tonight."

GM Laughing Score yourself a skill development roll for Rhetoric for that one
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:04 am

Bjarni will swing again at the Ibanvaaler line. He is not too worried about hitting but if he can disrupt their line, even better.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:20 am

Algared's relief at landing a blow, and more importantly avoiding being skewered in the process is increased when Bjarni's maul lands squarely upon the wounded foe's head. Bjarni's blow ending the Ibanvaaler's efforts against Algared in the struggle. Algared grins and is about to advance (the left half of their line can finally advance and draw level with Thaldirs) when the Ibanvaal line themselves choose to advance in a line as a result Algared prepares to fight the new foe.

He thrust with his spear intent on ensuring this foe will hopefully be unable to attack Thaldirs without being impaled by Algared.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:17 am

Combat 9th Round...

Algared attempts to move forward but his efforts are hampered as a new line of Ibanvaal warriors advances towards the Daas warband. This time though the Ibanvaaler is quicker to launch his attack and his spear, Algared is unable to turn the thrust aside and the spear bites into Algared's stomach piercing through your gambeson.

The wound leaves you reeling although you are barely able to keep your feet, Algared musters his strength and return his attack driving his spear towards his attacker the spear finds its way through the warriors defences striking him across the right cheek, blood pours from the open wound as a 6" gash is opened from mouth to ear exposing the bone underneath. The warrior is not able to yell in pain as he collapses to the ground.

Barak hurls his spear in an effort to distract his opponent as anything else, the spear sails through the air, the Ibanvaaler is unable to block the missile and it strikes his opponent in the left shoulder, the spear punches its way through the warriors gambeson. The spear bores its way through the shoulder emerging from the other side, the warrior collapses to the ground, the spear shaft snapping as it strikes the ground, a pool of blood quickly begins to build underneath the prostrate warrior. Then steps back a half step and draws his sword in readiness for the next Ibanvaal warrior.

The warrior to Barak's front thrusts with his spear towards the hunter but the thrust is wild leaving an opening for the hunter to strike at, stabbing his sword at the Ibanvaalers left thigh the sword punctures the warriors leggings driving into flesh, the Ibanvaaler stumbles but remains standing the wound looks serious as the blade bit deep into flesh.

Bjarni is the first to find an opportunity to launch his attack, swinging his maul at the warrior to his front the huge club strikes the Ibanvaalers shield and is deflected away. The Ibanvaaler now returns the favour with an attack of his own against the huge Daas warrior, but the spear point is wide of the mark as Bjarni dodges the thrust.

Borygg now facing two Ibanvaal warriors stands his ground. Borygg taking on the warrior to his front thrust with his spear towards the Daas warrior. But slipping on some blood on the ground he momentarily looses his footing and the thrust is wide, seizing an opportunity to attack the Ibanvaaler thursts his spear back but the thrust is well wide of the mark allowing Borygg another chance to attack with his spear blade the blade cuts through the Ibanvaalers gambeson opening a serious wound to his left shoulder.

The warrior to Boryggs left front now attacks but his aim is wide and Borygg seizes a chance to strike the Ibanvaal warrior while caught off guard driving the butt of his spear into the Ibanvaalers foot the strike is ferocious and the wound looks serious as the Ibanvaaler hobbles as he once again takes guard behind his shield. Now the warrior to Borygg's front attacks the Daas warrior, his spear misses its mark and Borygg now caught in a flurry of activity finds his spear out of position drives his shield into the Ibanvaalers stomach the blow does little but force the Ibanvaaler back a step or two as the Ibanvaaler drops behind his shield.

Bryndis cuts at her opponent with her broadsword the blade slashes across the Ibanvaaler stomach cutting through his gambeson opening a cut about 6" long through the armour. The warrior collapses to the ground from the wound allowing Bryn to push forward alongside Barak.

Thaldirs swings his sword at the Ibanvaaler to his front and opens a serious wound to the warriors right shoulder as the sword blade cuts through the warriors gambeson, the Ibanvaaler attempts to drive his spear into Thaldirs but the warrior turns the blow aside with his shield and catching the Ibanvaaler wrong footed attempt to deliver another blow upon the Ibanvaaler but the warrior is able to block the blow with his shield. The warrior to Thaldirs left front now thrusts at the huscarl but once again the huscarl is equal to the task and the thrust is blocked by the huscarl's shield.

Current Positions

XXXXXXXX/
XXXXXXX/
XXX45 6X/
-123


Last edited by GM on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:39 am

Make room, Bjarni will wind up a big swing. I am specifically aiming to knock him into next month. Failing that, into the guy next to him in line will be good too.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:03 am

Barak eyes-up the Ibanvaal warrior ahead: "Two down. Do you want to be my third kill?"

Now Thaldris is no longer two against one; and Bryndis doesn't have an immediate foe, he will move back in to a pattern of probing and maintaining defense, assuming his opponent doesn't just see sense and flee the field.

[OoC: BTW, how is the Daas line doing against the Ibanvaal left wing?]

Post by GM The line remains unchanged. The opposing lines continue to do battle with each other and casualties can be seen on both sides
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 am

Despite the pain from his previous wounds and the latest which left Algared with the feeling that he would succumb and slide to the ground to join the growing mass of bodies he manages to remain standing. He intended to advance but notices Bjarni wide up for a massive swing and glancing at the bodies to his front decides to give the big man room and let the Ibanvaaler clamber over the fallen.

Algared doesn't withdraw and thus leave a gap in the warbands shieldwall. In order to prepare himself for next foe, (although aware that it would be prudent to withdraw but without anyone to replace him be knows to do so would endanger his friends and Thaldirs) Algared throws his spear hoping it severely wounds the warrior to his front or embeds itself in their shield leaving them open to attack and then draws his broadsword. He will continue to block attacks and will strike whenever opportunity arises. He will not withdraw unless relieved or he succumbs to his wounds.


[OOC: throwing his spear reduces his encumbrance and penalty by 5 due to reduction of weight.]



Last edited by Algared on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Bryndis will attack the invader to her right, which she flanks with a Daas warrior.
Hopefully, the two of them can drop this opponent, and the Daas warrior can move into that position, tightening up the line.

Bryndis will also keep half an eye on Barak's opponent, should he need assistance (though it's doubtful, as Barak has been very effective up to this point).
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:36 am

Combat 10th round...

Algared does not push forward against the Ibanvaal line instead drawing back his spear, he hurls the missile towards the Ibanvaal line, the spear flies over his intended targets head and disappears behind the mass of Ibanvaal warriors.

Barak jabs his sword at the Ibanvaaler to his front catching the warrior by surprise with his speed, Barak's thrust beats the Ibanvaaler's shield and drives into the warriors left calf. The sword pierces through the warriors leather leggings and drives into the warriors leg, the wound looks minor and despite the cry of pain from the strike the warrior manages to hold his footing. With a grimace the Ibanvaaler strikes back thrusting his spear towards Barak, the wound to his leg seems to hamper his movements somewhat as he overextends Barak sensing an opportunity to finish this warrior slashes towards the Ibanvaaler with his sword blade but the Ibanvaaler is able to block the swing with his shield, the sword bouncing harmlessly off the wooden shield.

Bjarni now facing a new foe takes a wind up to deliver such a blow as to stove in the Ibanvaaler's head. But such effort is easily read by the Ibanvaal warrior and he has no trouble blocking the blow, the sounds of cracking timber is heard above the sound of the blow and a quick look sees the haft of Bjarni's maul starting to crack. The Ibanvaaler now thrusts with his spear towards the huge Daas warrior. The thrust is wide and Bjarni has no troubles dodging the thrust and with his backswing is able to launch another attack against the Ibanvaal warrior. But the swing is wide and Bjarni momentarily looses his balance and the Ibanvaaler seizes upon an opportunity to attack again. The spear blade cuts along your right hip but there is not enough force behind the blow to penetrate through your hauberk to do any real damage. The warrior to Bjarni's front begins to step back.

Borygg still facing two opponents and doing his best to hold the left of the line, thrusts at the warrior to his front with his spear, the Ibanvaaler is not able to block the attack and Borygg's spear cuts through the warriors leggings driving into his right thigh. The warrior steps back from the attack but quickly follows up with an attack of his own. Borygg has no troubles blocking the spear thrust with his shield. The second warrior now moves in to the fight thrusting with his spear but the thrust goes wide and leaves Borygg a chance to respond with an attack of his own, slashing with his spear blade the Ibanvaaler is able to turn the attack aside with his shield. The warrior to Borygg's front gives ground stepping back from the line.

Bryndis now turns to attack the warrior to her right, the Ibanvaaler spies the shieldmaidens move and is able to turn and block her attack with his shield, the Daas warrior then joins Bryn in the attack but the warrior is wrong footed during his thrust and his attack misses its target, instead the Ibanvaaler is able to slash his spear towards the Daas warrior and in a flurry of attacks the Daas warrior drives the haft of his spear into the Ibanvaalers stomach but the attack seems to do little damage. The Ibanvaaler now with the shieldmaiden to his back turns his attentions to her, thrusting with his spear towards Bryn, but the shieldmaiden is able to block the attack with her shield, the spear is momentarily hooked in the shield but before either warrior can react the spear is pulled free and Byrn notices that the shield boss has loosed from the wooden shield around it. The shield will still do for now but will not last too long if it continues to be hit hard. The warrior then steps back trying to straighten the line.

Thaldirs stands his ground against two Ibanvaal warriors and amid a flurry of blows neither warrior is able to land a blow upon the other.

From the gatehouse a hail of arrows has continued to rain down upon the Ibanvaal line. However, the Ibanvaal bowmen now appear to be getting the upper hand on the archers in the gatehouse. Their numbers are beginning to dwindle from the Ibanvaal return fire.

Current Positions

XXXXXXXX/
XXXXXXX/
X 45 6 /
-123


Last edited by GM on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:08 am

Bjarni will take a quick glance at the haft of his maul, definately thinking that it needs to be iron banded along the haft. In fact an iron haft would be good. But that is not for today. He will drop his hand hold to below the head and swing his shield off his back and step back into line with the others. He does not think that the warband is making any headway, and we don't have a seoncd line to help shove us forward like the Ibanvaalers do.

Post by GM There is a small but noticeable crack running from the head of the maul down along the shaft for several inches
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum