16 Sarajun 720

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:02 am

Noticing the Ibanvaal line drew back Algared calls for a shift to the left hopefully enabling the left flank to be secured on the palisade while also providing opportunity for the lone warrior borryg now faces to be attacked y both Borryg and Bjarni. Algared knowing their are numerous dead or dying near by is aware that Thaldirs and the rest may not be able or inclined to shuffle left, but the move may enable the line to be straightened once again.

Algared will draw his broadsword and block with his shield if attacked and strike at any opponent he is able to reach with his sword.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:11 pm

When he hears the call to shuffle left, Barak will take his lead from Thaldris. He dosn't have a choice in the matter - if Thaldris dosn't move neither can he. However, he dosn't fancy doing some complex dance moves whilst in battle with a couple of men intent on killing him.

Talking of killing, his opponent (assuming he hasn't become Byndis' opponent) is wounded in both legs. That must slow him down. Barak attempts to use his agility and speed to catch him off guard. However, staying alive and slowly whittling down the Ibanvaal line is still his strategy.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Bryndis will also follow Thaldirs (and thus Barak's) lead, shuffling left if they do so (while carefully keepin her footing around the littered battlefield).

If it appears Barak will be attacking the injured foe currently in front of him, Bryndis will time her attack to coincide with his... making it more difficult for the Ibanvaaler to defend against both of their attacks.

If it appears that Barak will wait to see what she does, she will attack and counterattack the injured Ibanvaaler, hoping to free Barak up to attack the foe currently in front of Thaldirs.

[OoC: If he's focusing on the guy in front of him, she'll time her attack. If he's glanced at her, she'll not wait. Either way, she's attacking the guy in front of Barak, pre-shuffle.]


Is the Daas huscarl to Bryndis' right holding the line with his fellows, or does he look like he might advance into the "empty" area next to Bryndis? [OoC: Tactically, does she think the huscarl line is going to try to flank or hold their line?]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Bjarni is confused by all this shuffling and so on. He is focusing on the men in front of him. Given that one decent swing will probably send the head of his maul flying, he takes the opportunity of the apparent lull to drop it and draw his haakapik, and suck in some air.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:47 am

Combat 11th round...

Algared holds back and calls "Shiflt Left, Shift Left!" those about him do not flinch from their immediate threats and there seems to be no movement along the line towards the left.

Barak with still some fight left cuts at his opponent with his shortsword but the wounded Ibanvaaler is able to turn the blade away blocking the attack with his shield. Thrusting with his spear the Ibanvaaler attempts to stick Barak but Barak avoids the thrust with ease and stabs at the Ibanvaaler with his sword, stabbing at the warrior the blade stabs the warrior in the skull. Opening a wound about 6" long from his temple to the back of his skull just under his helmet rim. The blow sends the warrior to the ground unable to continue the fight.

Bjarni drops his maul and rests.

Borygg with only the warrior to his front left remaining thrusts his spear at the Ibanvaaler, the spear avoids the warriors shield and stabs into the warriors right shoulder, the warrior drops his spear as he cries in pain from the blow, the spear point bites deep into his shoulder, the warrior steps back a pace and then quickly disappears back into the mass of Ibanvaal warriors.

Bryndis gets in the first strike against the foe in front of Barak but the blow is turned aside by the warriors shield. The Ibanvaaler seems intent on attacking the hunter that has wounded him before.

Thaldirs cuts towards the Ibanvaal warrior to his front the blow cuts through the warriors gambeson along his right shoulder the blow opens up a cut about 4" through the quilt, the Ibanvaaler thrusts with his spear back at Thaldirs but after a flurry of blows neither warrior is able to land a further attack. The warrior to Thaldirs front left thrusts with his spear but the blow is checked by the huscarls shield.

The Daas line continues to push against the Ibanvaal line with little headway being made by either side.

Post by GM The Daas line are warriors only they are not huscarls. The huscarls were last seen with Cunate Daas doing battle with the Ibanvaal warband somewhere on the meadow below your position

Current Positions

XXXXXXXX/
XXXXXX/
45 6//
-123


avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:48 am

Turning his head slightly, Algared appraises his friends for signs of wounds, if they appear unharmed he says. "Advance. We can't let Barak have all the fun," before he advances inorder to re-establish the line, he will stab forwards with his broadsword and seek block all attacks.

If they appear as wounded as he he will not speak but maintain his position and seek to guard Thaldirs from being flanked. If they advance anyway he will advance as well.


Last edited by Algared on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : just trying to clarify Algared's action and to correct errors.)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Looking at the Ibanvaaler opposite, Barak says "Three dead. Are you willing to die?"

If the man closes with him Barak will await him with sword and shield, but if he is left unengaged Barak will attack the man in front of Thaldris. Either way he concentrates on defence (but still attacks when he has the chance).


Last edited by Barak Daas on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarified attack action)
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:54 pm

When Bjarni hears Algared's shout to advance, he will do so - in line with the other - back into combat.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:52 pm

The Ibanvaal line begins to withdraw in good order stepping back with shields locked and weapons ready to prevent a pursuit, without further loss they move further back towards the centre of the thran. As the lines move further apart it would seem that the Daas line furthest from the thranaal is withdrawing towards the edge of the meadow.

The Daas line takes this opportunity to rest and reorganise. Thaldirs' attempt to push forward to the thranaals gatehouse is met by a volley of arrows which falls about the warband without striking any targets.

The lines readjust themselves and shouts and taunts and cries of derision are yelled between the battle lines. Even the archery comes to a stop as each side takes the chance to rest and recover.

Over fifty bodies are laying about the field, some moving feebly, others struggling to make their own lines while most lay unmoving. The field is littered with the refuse of battle, weapons and shields lie about the field, arrows lay embedded in the ground and the warriors lying on the ground.

The respite gives everyone a chance to catch their breath and readjust their lines.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:49 pm

During the lull Barak will pick up the best spear he can see without overly endangering himself.

Once armed, if the Ibanvaal are still quiet, he will check over his foot and bind the wound if necessary (he has a clean cloth for the purpose in his bag).

If Algared starts muttering weirdling words he will stand well back. Very well back.

To Thaldris he says: "Well what is your next plan? I suggest we circle round the back of the thranhall, and approach it from the Ibanvaal side. From our view point up on the spurs of the hills, you can see the land reaches the height of the palisade opposite the gatehouse. We could go round to behind us to that point, and then up to the palisade there and follow it around to the west and then to the gatehouse. The full circle. There you can talk to the defenders or even enter."

"The Ibanvaal may not see us. If they do and they attack us on foot then they will be attacking up hill and we will be at the advantage, and it will mean disrupting their line which will give the Daas line an opportunity. The risks are that they pick us off with archers, or there is another unit of men, perhaps mounted, to the south-west of the thranall who we can't see from here."


Last edited by Barak Daas on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Bjarni will take the opportunity to recover his maul and sling it on his back. He will pick up a couple of spears as well. When the fight restarts he intends to hurl them into the foe as the lines come together. If there is a decent long axe lying around he will take that as well. It might last longer than his maul. He is well pleased. Hardly a scratch so far, which he knows may well be tempting fate. "So what now Thaldris?"

avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:42 pm

If there is time and opportunity, Bryndis will fix her shield.
If there is not, she will sling her shield on her back, and choose another undamaged shield from the fallen (if one presents itself).

[Bryndis does have a bandaged hand, which Algared is aware of, but others might not be. However much it might actually be hampering her, she plays it off as less than a minor inconvenience.]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:57 pm

Borygg checks his spear and shield. He's pretty sure they are undamaged but if they are, he'll see if something better is laying around.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Bjarni is not going to wander off searchign for an axe. Was just hoping one was lying around. A brace of spears ready to throw is fine. How bad does Algared look? If he is hurt bad Bjarni will tell him to step back behind him.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 am

With the standoff of the battles lines:

Algared finds another spear and moves into the second line behind Bjarni.

Borygg casts an eye over his spear and shield and apart from normal battle damage his weapons look to be servicable for the fight to come.

Bjarni slings his maul and picks up a spear he casts his eyes about for another but it seems as if his companions have gathered all they can find in their immediate vicinity. The best Bjarni can do is find a hand axe among the dead and wounded.

Bryn checks her shield - the damage will not be repairable for now so, the shieldmaiden slings her shield and picks up another from one of the fallen.

Barak gathers up a nearby spear and then reaches into his bag for a bandage for his foot, then with the Ibanvaal line so close decides it more prudent to not get caught with his boots off and replaces his bandages back in his bag. Discussing his plan with Thaldirs the huscarl listens and ponders the thought for a moment. "I do not fancy being so isolated from our warriors, they nearly had the run of us until our comrades arrived!" Thaldirs grabs Barak shoulder and adds "Besides I think those in the thranaal know we are not here to harm them, otherwise we would have worn an arrow or two, you think?" Thaldirs asks.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:45 am

To Thaldris "As I said I thought the skirmish would send a strong message to the defenders. But I did not know the full extent of your mission."

"So now we slog it out. Will you be returning to Cunate now?"

Now that the adrenalin is wearing off is Algared still standing? Does the appear to need the administration of a needle and thread?
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:19 am

Thaldirs replies "They have seen us slog it out with the Ibanvaalers, but as yet they are probably not sure what side we are on, do they replace one master for another. Our mission is to make the gates and let those inside know we are Daas. However, I do not intend to make this my last mission either. When the lines clash again and they will" Thaldirs smiles as he continues "we will break from the line and make for the gatehouse, we will make our way along the thranaal wall to the gatehouse"

"Return to the Daas, what and miss all the fun you will be getting up to no chance!" the huscarl says, a huge smile beaming across his face " besides the Daas has many a good man to watch him!"

Algared is still standing and is indeed in need of some treatment, the most obvious wounds are the stab wounds to his right shoulder and stomach, both look serious while the wound to left calf does not look to be so bad. With the enemy line so close though, it would be dangerous indeed to attempt to treat anyones wounds with battle once again imminent.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:25 am

"Algared, you need to stay back. We can handle this lot," Bjarni will indicate the Ibanvaaler line with his spear.

"Thaldirs, you mean those in the thranaal cannot hear us yelling Daas war-cries? Are they cloth-eared this far up country?"

Post by GM "Can you be sure they heard them above the Ibanvaal war cries!" the huscarl replies. "How about the rest of us hide behind you bulk and use you as a shield against their arrows" Thaldirs adds with a huge smile on his face
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Algared winces a little adjusts his helm, and replaces his spear. When Barak gathers up spare spears Algared suggests," Good idea Barak gather up the extras we can hurl them at our foe... and give Bjarni a couple so he can throw a couple.. but this time Bjarni I'll try not to be used as a spear rack..." With a smirk (which is followed by a wince, it hurts when he laughs) he adds "It was remiss of you to let that Ibanvaaler loot your spear."

Algared admits he near spent and fears his stomach and shoulder wound are serious and will require a physician but that will have to wait we have a more pressing problem with those Ibanvaaler dogs". When Bjarni suggest Algared remain behind in a second line he nods, sheaths his sword and prepares his staff sling ands says, "I can lob stones at them still from behind our line, or Thaldirs if your mission is to speak to the defenders would sending them a written message help? We could wrap whatever message around a rock or tie around a spear.. My sling should enable us to lob rock to easily over the palisade. Or even toss the stone with a note over by hand... we are next to the wall after all. Even if the message says you need to speak to the garrison leader, rather than the whole message we could still send it, and it may solve our problem of reaching the gate... another option may be sending someone around the side just out of sight and using our grappling hook and rope to climb over, although that would likely earn the gallent messanger a arrow or two from the defenders. If we are held here at present then tossing messagges may be the easiest solution."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:01 pm

[OoC: I don't think there are any more spears in the locality to be collected, and Barak is not about to enter "no mans land" to pick up spears a way away.]

Barak continues to rest easy, using his new spear to take his weight. He considers whether it is worth sharpening it some, by decides against it.

To Alagred he says "And you could tie a message to my arrow and I'll shoot it at the headman's feet. However, will he be able to read a written note?"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 pm

"Can you be sure they heard them above the Ibanvaal war cries!" the huscarl replies. "How about the rest of us hide behind you bulk and use you as a shield against their arrows" Thaldirs adds with a huge smile on his face

"Hmmmm. For my part I always hope that the enemy's arrows are distributed amongst us in the same proportion as the loot. The greater part to the great lords."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:09 pm

Thaldirs draws the warband in about him "Here is our plan of action when the battle starts" he looks to Algared and says "Can you stack?" Algared looks on with a look of confusion "What do you mean?" he answers, Thaldirs fires off a smile as he replies "I have no problems knocking the Ibanvaalers down I just need someone to stack them out of the road" the huscarl lets out a chuckle of laughter impressed by his own joke "Algared you stay right behind me, Bryn you will be behind Algared to watch his back, Barak and Borygg string your bows we will need you to keep any stray Ibanvaalers away while we make for the gatehouse. Bjarni keep close and help Bryn and I knock down any that manage to avoid Borygg's and Barak's arrows"

Letting his instructions sink in Thaldirs adds "When the shieldwalls close once again we will hang back and make straight for the gatehouse. They will probably try to stop us and they will not want us linking up with those inside the thranaal."

With the lines of battle drawn and the warriors banging swords and spears on shields the noise of impending battle sounding across the meadow. Suddenly from down in the meadow near the stream comes a huge roar and the Daas line begins to surge like a wave towards the Ibanvaal line. In response the Ibanvaalers move forward the sounds of battle once resound across the meadow.

Thaldirs holds the small warband back until both lines are engaged then heads towards the gatehouse....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:34 am

Algared chuckles, "Stack'em, not sure I can lift them into neat Piles like my father likes in his warehouse, but I can try ensure if you knock them down they remain down."

Algared checks his gear and falls in behind Thaldirs ready for the charge towards the gate.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:10 am

Bjarni takes his place behind and to the left of Thaldirs, where he can cover him with his shield if necessary.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Reluctantly Barak slips his shield on to his back. He prepares to set out with his spear in his left hand and bow in his right.

When using his bow he will stick the spear vertically in to the ground so that he can use his bow. When he moves on (and he has the time) he picks up the spear once more.

If he needs to fight hand-to-hand he will use his spear in his left and shield in his right (and fight on the right side, so the shield protects the band's flank). If he has been forced to leave his spear behind, he fights with his sword instead.

With his bow Barak fires at the nearest non-engaged enemy.


Last edited by Barak Daas on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum