17 Saraju 720

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:08 am

Sweld accepts the hand offered by Svardkell "there will be no debt Svardkell, for I shall ensure that each man is paid his due and nothing more." Then releasing his hold on Svardkell's hand he turns to one of his companions "Tersi take two others and go and find as many sacks and packs as you can, Gaal get Tordi, Jarga and Lorgin and when Tersi returns, begin to open the chests, ensure that each sack contains the contents of one chest and no more!"

"We have some planning to do before I go back on guard" Sweld says before he nods his head to the group and leaves the clanhouse. Those nearby sense an opportunity lost but return back to their seats and their own conversations.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:29 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:Bjarni watches the exchange with some amusement. He shrugs and says "Easy come, easy go."

To Svardkell he says "Svardkell, you came her by ship. Did it belong to Stee and and where is it now?"

"Stee arranged several ships to bring us from Harn to Menglana. Stee didn't own any ship. I'm not sure where the final boat that got us here would be now."
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 am

"What a shame,' Bjarni says and sinks back into his reverie.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:04 pm

"What ails you big man? You desire a boat?"
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:13 pm

"It is these hills and rivers," Bjarni indicates around them, "I miss the sea"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:33 pm

"I agree with you there. I'm not much help aboard a ship apart from defending it but I always liked being on the open water with a Dragon's head prow to show me the way."
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:15 pm

"I know what you mean. When you are on land though, you do forget about the cold, the wet, the bad water and being constantly tired," Bjarni laughs. "it is not always so pleasant, aye?"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:56 pm

The other men in Sweld's group stop and whisper amongst themselves briefly before they too nod their heads in acknowledgement before they depart, leaving the clanhouse with its usual occupants.

Outside the clanhouse the night has fallen and the thranaal is covered in a blanket of darkness. The fog settles about ankle height and stirs as it becomes disturbed. The thranaal outside is settling in for the night, animals begin to silence and seek shelter for the night. The occasional goose can heard honking as it is disturbed by someone passing but otherwise things are quiet and seem normal.

The night sky is clear and an abundance of stars can be seen above. Yael has not yet made her appearance this night but the glow from her arrival can be seen in the eastern sky, shedding an eerie light about the thranaal. The wind is light from the south east and does little to disperse the building fog. The night remains warm despite the breeze.

While you sit about chatting the widow Haal delivers your meal carting about a pot of steaming stew, searching through your gear you are each able to find your bowls, spoons and other eating utensils. The widow Haal serves you each a portion of her stew depositing the contents of her ladel in your bowl. A serving tray is then placed upon you table which has several loaves of rye bread placed upon it. The food is well spiced and quite enjoyable and the bread fresh.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:22 am

"Eat up my friends tomorrow will feel like it lasts forever... and make you forget the all bad about being at sea even more." Algared says with a laugh. During the meal says to Svardkell "It may be worth using that pack from Skee's chest if you do not have one, carrying your chest through rough terrain may prove a problem otherwise… I have also been thinking about your fallen comrades, I was thinking that I will speak with the men of Clan Haal, if they are willing to ensure your companions are buried I can compensate them for their trouble."

Following the meal Algared examines at the contents of Skee's chest, he looks at the clay pot and carefully removes the cork to view the contents if there are no markings upon it. He then says, and tries to give a valuation of the gold jewellry piece and coints the coin.

"Now with Skee’s belongings I either the Kurbal and gauntlets be used to ensure that we are as equipped as can be.. which of you has need?" Algared asks his companions.

"The gold we keep aside and have converted to a promissary note should it end up Skee did have family he wished his possessions sent to, or use to ensure that our band is properly equipped. While the Silver may be worth dividing up now for our troubles... with the 50d of coin I hold in common I could give each another 40d.

I am interested in aquiring the cloak and blue Tunic the little bird jewellry piece... I think my sister would like that, and the small sack and its contents. I can give a gold coin either the funds being sent to Skee’s kin, should the parchments indicate he did have family… or to our common fund, if their are no objections. I am in need of some less worn or patched clothes, our foes seem to have a habbit of putting holes in mine.” Algared chuckles a little.

Once sorted Algared asks Svardkell to take him to his wounded companions, he takes out bowl and reaches for his water skin as he makes the request.


avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am

"I am not sure if clan Haal will be insulted by the offer to pay them for burying the dead."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Why do we not simply discuss this matter with a priest? It should be his duty to arrange for the care of the wounded and the burial of the dead.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:08 pm

"If we can find a priest then that would be for the best."

After the supper is finished, Barak will leave Algared to go through the chest and instead, as soon as is polite, head towards his bedroll.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:21 am

With the evening meal finished, the cooking pot returned to the fire, the plates cleaned and everyones hunger and thirst sated, the widow Haal first puts her children to bed before offering the last of the nigths ale to her boarders before then heading to bed herself. Barak is the first of those boarding in the clanhouse to prepare his sleeping gear and as he nears completion the other men in the clanhouse take up the idea and prepare their sleeping gear ready for an early night.

Finally with everyone preparing for sleep the clanhouse is lit by the glow of the coals on the hearth fire and the only sounds that can be heard are the feint calls of the animals outside as they are disturbed by the wandering sentries.

Sleep overcomes all soon...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum