19 Saraju 720

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:31 am

Time: Beginning 1st watch - Mid 2nd watch

Yael continues to climb into the night sky shedding a light across the wood that is both comforting but also confusing. The light pushes back the darkness allowing those on watch to see further from the camp, but at the same time the shadows produced cause the warriors on watch to remain vigilant. Noises through out the night continually rouse those that are asleep from their slumber but it is not long before the sound is soon put down to nothing more than natural causes and the warrior returns to their rest.

With Alagred and Bjarni now on watch, the first glow of the new day is visible in the eastern sky....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:45 pm

I wake with the new day and prepare to wash and eat some breakfast. After that I will gather my things and put on armour. I will prepare myself for another long trek.
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:01 am

Barak gets up and makes ready to depart quickly. "The sooner we are away the sooner we will be back in Ygresdram. As much as I like it here in these woods, I can't say I relish be chased back home by the Dagen's men."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:48 am

Algared finishes his watch, and rouses his companions for the day. He breaks his fast and gathers his gear ready for the new march. Given time he will endeavour to cast Azure hand on his woundedended shoulder, and if successful will then attempt chalsea's sponge. A successful cast of these spells will will make the trek a little more bearable, and may even mean I am better able to help my companions or any stragglers we find along the way.... or even spies trying to slip away from the host- unaware we trail behind. Algared thinks to himself as he prepares to wash his wound.

"Well we should be home today but lets keep the try to maintain a half watch between ourselves and the tail of the host. I imagine today that we may find the pace they set is a little slower.'\" Once all is ready he will lead the band off following the trail set by the host.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:10 am

Bryndis prepares for the march ahead as quickly as possible. When she sees Algared prepare to practice his craft, she will surreptitiously move what she considers a safe distance away.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:36 am

Time: Mid 2nd watch - Beginning 3rd watch

With your gear packed and a small meal eaten the warband are once again ready for the march.

The terrain you traverse is similiar to that of yesterday but the hills and mountains to the south are less steep and less rugged. The morning is still hot and uncomfortable with the treetops indicating a steady wind blows but little of that breeze reaches you on the forest floor. The sky above looks clear of cloud but Barak senses a turn in the weather later today, Bjarni nods his head several times in agreement, everyone else takes a look skyward to see if they can see what Barak and Bjarni see.

Hoisting packs up onto weary backs Algared once again leads the group west towards home.

The warband has travelled a little over a kilometre when they find sign of the hosts overnight encampment, a few small fires had been lit and the firepits are now cold but Barak scans the area and informs the group that they are no more than a quarter watch in front of them.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:37 am

Barak continues to scan behind the party for signs of them being followed. He wishes to himself that Algared would get a move on, though a quarter of a watch by midday is probably too much of a gap to close.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:04 am

The warband has not moved much beyond the recently found campsite perhaps several hundred yards when ahead of them they find a group of people moving through the trees ahead of them they appear to following the same path as the host. Algared quickly calls a halt to the warband and he is able to see that the group ahead of them consists of several men, perhaps ten woman and about a score of children from about 13 years of age down to about 4 years old.

They are about 200' ahead of you and seem oblivious to your presence.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:35 am

"Stragglers?" Bjarni queries Barak. "They are a long way behind the rest of the host"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:12 pm

"It would appear they are indeed stragglers Bjarni, mostly women children and some of those youngsters will be slow moving indeed. it is more than likely they have fallen back slowly and will need our assisstance.

Barak any signs of pursuit?"

Algared watches the group ahead as he speaks. They will want to let the group know they are there, especially if they to find out if this group of stragglers has need of their help, but also will not want to alarm them.


avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Barak scans carefully behind the group for any signs of pursuit.

"Well Algared you had better go forward and talk to them. I find it hard to believe that Cunate would allow women and children to be left behind, and without a guard. Of course they may be newly expelled people from Abderheim. Perhaps the Dagen wasn't so generous to his new subjects as they thought he would be. Impressing the fighting age men and chucking everyone else out. They may have overtaken us during the night, but not reaching the host before they too stopped."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:06 am

"True Barak, I do not see Cunate allowing women and children to fall behind, but if he is leading the host he may not be aware that some have dropped behind. There are some men with them, maybe as you say they are newly expelled and followed the host via the path where the skirmish was... either way. Borryg fall back with Barak. Bryn come with me, a female, even though a huscarl will likely help calm the women folk better than seeing armed men approaching. Svardkell and Bjarni keep pace with Barak and Borryg as they work bring up the rear."

Algared will then increase his pace with Bryn, and as they draw closer he hails the party ahead, "Hail, good folk, I am Algared Daas how is it you have managed to fall behind the host?"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Bryndis will follow Algared, eyeing the men carefully to see if anyone looks familiar. She'll also scan the women and children to see if anyone looks familiar or is acting funny.

I wish Algared had let us get closer before he announced our presense. We could have done with a moment of observation. Are these merely refugees who've fallen behind, or have they been pressed into unwilling service as a cover for men who plan to attack?
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Borygg is carefully studying the woods to either side of the trail, trying to see if anyone is hiding out there or any signs of ambush.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Bjanri will likewise hold back with Borygg and unsling his shield.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:09 am

Bryndis Serewyn wrote:... or have they been pressed into unwilling service as a cover for men who plan to attack?

Barak continues to scan behind the party and all around. He will ready his bow in case of need - this would be a great time for horsemen to come thundering out of the trees. "I can't see anyone behind us." he says.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:59 am

Algared wrote:"Hail, good folk, I am Algared Daas how is it you have managed to fall behind the host?"

The men turn with a start quick to ready weapons, while the women and children gather together in a huddle as the men move to place themselves between you and their charges.

They seem to recognise Algared as he advances towards them. They can be seen looking behind Algared at the rest of the warband as they remain further to the rear. As Algared moves closer one of the warriors steps forward of the others "Well met Algared" as he speaks he lowers his spear and shield and adds "I am Jurn of clan Nildrom, I know you?"

Character Info Algared knows of Jurn Nildrom - he resides in a small thran to the south of Ygesdram - a competent woodcrafter and at this stage without a family

Jurn answers "The Daas bid the host to be ready to move just after first light, alas these" Jurn quickly turns his head in the direction of the women and children " were to slow and were not ready to move along with the others. Rather than leave them to fend for themselves the Daas called for a half dozen brave men to escort them to Ygesdram"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Seeing that there is a dialogue, rather than a battle going on, Barak puts away his bow and continues to close the gap on Alagred at his normal pace.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Bryndis is relieved that things are as they appear... but continues to stay vigilant... scanning the trees and nearby countryside for unexpected activity.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Bjarni will keep pace with Bryn. "Now would not be a good time to be jumped"

When they get to the group, Bjarni will say "We need to get a move on." Who is slowing the group down? Old people, the kids? Bjarni will offer to carry the slowest on his shoulders.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:23 am

"Well met indeed Jurn of Nildrom I know of you and your skill as a woodcrafter, and I am not suprised you were amongst those who volunteered to protect these folk, a truely brave and honourable deed. It is an honour to meet men such as you on the path." Algared extend his hand to Jurn in friendship. "We were tasked with seeking to ensure seek to ensure that none followed the host, Barak informs us the path seems clear at present... My warband is the last of our host, any behind us are the Dagan's men. So Bjarni here is right it would be good if we could help these folk move a little faster.

Bjarni, if carrying the youngest child will help them, then remain with the these folk and shoulder the extra burden. We will remain back within sight and continue to guard the rear. Barak, our progress will be determined by the slowest in this party."

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 am

Jurn smiles at Algareds words, bowing his head humbly he responds "I have still much to master but none the less, it is good to hear my skills travel outside my thran!. I do not the doubt the courage of any man, but alone they" he says pointing to those being escorted "need our protection and there were few who did not hold up a hand for this task"

The other men escorting the woman and children form a circle about their charges as they too scan the surrounding woods for any sign of activity. However, the woods remain still with nothing moving, the distant call of a flock of finches can be heard to the south some ways off, the tree tops continue to sway with the steady wind which has shifted to the south west and for the first time Barak senses a turn in the weather. "Looks like a storm later" he says to those nearby.

Bjarni moves towards the group of women and children who have now begun to loose their grip on each other, selecting one of the smaller children, the whale hoists the young girl upon his shoulders. The mother of the young girl stands beside Bjarni as they ready to head off.

Jurn then says in hushed voice so as the woman and children do not overhear "We have been trying to move them on at best speed but they are but young children and the march is hard on them" then speaking a little louder he adds "we would appreciate your warband staying behind us to protect our backs" then whispering again he adds "it will make the woman and children feel safer knowing that you are behind us"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:17 am

Upon hoisting the girl on his shoulder Bjarni will say to the others, "Come. let's move on."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:24 pm

"Well will Bjarni helping with the load we may move them a little quicker... it cannot be easy for the women let alone the little ones. Barak was saying last night he expected we'd reach Ygesdram by midday, so I image we should be there by late afternoon."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Noticing the men are all guards, Algared asks quietly, "What of their men folk? Their absence must make the trek harder for the women and children. Though I sure with stout men like you and the others they will reach Ygesdram safely."

After Jurn responds Algared says in a louder voice, " Well Jurn of we are to reach Ygesdram today then we should get moving, every step is a step closer to a warm meal and good night of rest."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum