19 Saraju 720

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Barak needs his patience of a hunter as he listens to all this chat. He turns away from the group and looks back down the path they have just travelled. He is looking for Ibanvaal scouts whom he is sure must be on their trail by now.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:50 pm

In response to Algared's question Jurn merely shrugs his shoulders, then turning on his heel he says in a low voice to the others "Lets keep moving!" with that the warriors to the front turn begin to lead off to the west, the woman and children following with Jurn and two others remaining at the rear.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:03 am

"Lads, I am helping these little ones. If you need me, yell," Bjarni says.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:31 am

Algared nods as Bjarni speaks, "just help them go a little faster" He responds quietly.

Turning to Barak Algared adds "Barak, we have been lucky thus far but I imagine there will soon be scouts on our trail.. they may feel a need to avenge their losses at the mine trail. Our speed is determined by the slowest of the group ahead. I am thinking we do not wish to be right their back... where harm could come to the women and children.... I would like to keep the group ahead of us just within sight.. You are the hunter amongst us, do you think we could lay an ambush onlong this trail for any following?"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Lads, I am helping these little ones. If you need me, yell," Bjarni says.
Barak replies in his best Harnic "Bjarni ... help childs quick ... but no ... umm ... fall and hurt."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:48 am

Bjarni with the young girl perched upon his shoulders heads west with his new charges, the other six warriors continue their vigil protecting the stragglers. Meanwhile the remainder of the warband remain behind...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 am

"If we are to stay within eyeshot of them, you had better head off after them Algared before they disappear. Though with the amount of noise they are making I doubt anyone could mistake the way that they are going."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:57 am

Algared waits until the group has almost disappeared from sight before he heads off, every so often Algared scans the trail to the sides and behind. When ever the group ahead pauses, he also pauses.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:22 am

Time 2nd watch - Mid 4th watch.

The warband continues to push west, the heat is punishing and slows both your warband and the group of stragglers as both groups continue to battle their way across the difficult terrain.

Bjarni is only able to carry the young girl for several hundred yards before the nightmarish descents take there toll on the child's resolve and with tears starting to fall begs to be put down. This comes as almost a relief to Bjarni who was struggling on his own behalf with the climbs and descents with the added weight of the girl upon his shoulders.

Suri thanks the huge man for his help and then ushers her children close and corals them to keep moving westward.

Everyone keeps drinking heavily from their waterskins as the sweat pours from the exhertions of travelling in these hot conditions. Luckily small streams allow waterskins to be refilled often enough to prevent a lack of water amongst the group. Algared seems the only one who does not seem to be sweating as much as everyone else, his lips are dry and he still drinks heavily but not as often.

Barak notes that the warband seem to be remaining about the same distance behind the main host, perhaps if anything just loosing a little distance, falling behind but it is hard to tell exactly.

Into the third watch the warband breaks from the wooded hills and after a steep descent finds themselves and their charges standing at the side of a trail running north south (ish), without pause the group of stragglers turn and head south, after several hundred yards and cresting a small rise the thran of Orebro lies before you. The atmosphere about the group has lifted since emerging from the trees. The stragglers begin to smile and despite their obvious fatigue there a hints of laughter especially among the children.

The temperature has cooled somewhat as Nolomar has risen higher in the sky, the stifling heat has given way to a cooling breeze from the south west and fluffy white columns of cloud can be seen gathering in the southern sky.

You stop long enough for everyone to have a break, something to eat and drink heavily from the thrans well, before refilling your own waterskins and continuing your journey to Ygesdram. Leaving the thran behind the young girl Emilia, has taken to holding Bjarni's hand as they wander along the trail. Suri the girls mother walks beside the warrior chatting every now making small talk. Your group has spent the last half watch or so winding your way along a trail that cuts between fields, meadows and pastures, edged either side by a low hedge. Children pick berries from the hedges as they now run from side to side and lead the way for the host of refugees.

The clouds have turned from fluffy white pillars to thick grey and ominous rain filled clouds. The day still remains warm however, and the wind continues to blow from the south west, before the clouds have fully covered the sky the first flashes of lightening can be see in the southern sky, the booms of thunder soon follow, although as yet there is no rain. The children have stopped running about and now loiter close to their parent, some huddling close. Emilia stays close to the whale as he continues to lead the family towards safety.

Running behind schedule the warband are still several kilometres from Ygesdram as the end of the 3rd watch approaches. The first drops of rain begin to fall as cloaks are found and drapped over heads and shoulders in an effort to keep dry.

Late in the third watch the group of refugees crest a rise and in the distance the familiar thranaal of Ygesdram can be seen in the distance, it never disappears from view and is draws ever closer you wind your way along a low valley and finally enter the thran of Ygesdram from the south east, passing near the runestone you warband turns north and following the path you pass by several clanhouses that line the path then turning west again you enter the thran proper and finds yourselves near the meadhall. You are exhausted, wet but relieved to be home...



Last edited by GM on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adjusted the Time settings...)
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:27 am

As the band returns Algared drops off his belongings and heads towards the Thranhold to report their return... and the safe arrival of the stragglers and their escort. He will then seek to bathe, refreshing himself somewhat. He will sort through his belonging puttingf on a clean set of clothes and setting his dirty clothes aside for scrubbing and cleaning.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:59 am

Algared says "I will go and report our arrival" as he leaves the group behind taking the path up towards the thranaal.

The others are left standing in the rain, the refugees looking about confused not sure what is to happen next, their guards looking on not sure either.

Bjarni is standing among the group of refugees talking with the woman he has been chatting to all day.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:15 am

As Algared head off to make his report, he turns and says "Barak, for now take the women and children to the meadhall and see if we can get them a hot meal", he fishes into his pouch and draws out several dram of coins which he gives to Barak. "At least they will be out of the rain and warm.... Jurn when I return a drink of ale to you and your companions as well." Algared adds before heading to report.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 am

Barak waives aside Algared's silver. 'You can take Algared out of town, but you can't take the mercantyler out of him' Barak thinks to himself.

Barak leads the party to the meadhall. "Jabor" he calls out "these women and children are refuges from Abderheim. They've been camped out in the cold and have trekked here cross country. Can they warm themselves in front of the fire? And do you have anything they can eat and drink?" Barak looks around... "Ah Gelda, a pot of ale for me and all us heroes" he indicates the warband and the Abderheim warriors "would be sorely welcome, it is dry work guarding the army's back."

[OoC: On his way through Ygresdram did Barak see any sign of the other refugees or Cunate's host?]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:04 am

The rain had removed any sign of a large body of people moving along any path.

Entering the meadhall first you find yourself surrounded by a sea of humanity as the hall if full of people, all huddled as close to the fire as possible. There is hardly a whisper from those sitting about the hall. The hall houses some sixty people mostly women and children.

Taken back by the sight before you, you pause at the door, not long after you enter Jabor appears, his clothes stained from the days in the wilderness, quickly he moves through the crowd ushering people away from the fire "Move now!" he demands "they are wet and hungry make a place" he continues to bellow. Finally a place is made for the recent arrivals.

A place is made by the fire for the refugees and your warband. Gelda and Surri soon appear bearing loaves of bread, jars of honey and tankards of ale. Jabor stops near Barak "Greetings my friend, it is good to see you safely home, alas the best I can do for you and our guests in some bread and honey with some ale to wash it down with"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 am

"That is more than we can truly expect. I knew you would not let these people down in their hour of need. However, you should not bear the burden alone. Is there anything we can do for you? What remains of our rations is meager. But we can labour, cut firewood, or whatever you need. We also have some coin but I doubt you can purchase provisions for love and money."


Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correcting the English)
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:19 am

Jabor smiles noticing your wet clothes "In case you had not noticed it is pissing down outside" he say almost laughing at his own joke those about him smile and chuckle along with him. "Keep your meager rations, although if I know you, you have half a boar in your pack" this time he cannot control himself as he bursts into laughter soon all about him are joining him in laughter.

Finally with the laughter done he says "Take a seat by the fire and rest, I intend to!" with that he shoves a child along the bench with a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "We will be crowded tonight I think" he adds quietly.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:31 am

Barak takes off his wet gear, but he leaves those close to the fire undisturbed. He passes the remains in his ration bag to Gelda "Not half a boar I am afraid" he jests. To Jabor he has on an equally low voice "I will be crowded tonight, and likely people will go hungry tomorrow since the thran is being stripped of food by the two hosts and now the refugees. I hope Cunate has more supplies coming in from the outlying thrans. I also have a horrible fear we may not be staying in the thran for long. When the Dagen makes him move it will be hard to resist. We need the Menglana king and his army if we are to win this battle of attrition."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:36 am

Algared makes his entrance into the hall. He pushes through the mass of people, joining his companions he takes a seat. Whereupon Jabor calls Shella over and bids her fetch the letter that had been delivered to the hall while they were away.

Shella is finally able to make her way through the crowd to the back room and then back again, handing a sealed parchment over to him.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:54 pm

"So how did your mission with Cunate go Algared? I bet he was please to see you. Did you find out anything about the billeting of the refugees, or if he has anything planned for us?" Barak looks curiously at the parchment, but since he can't read he dosn't pay it much attention.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:26 pm

When the warband enters the crowded meadhall, Bryndis will carefully guide Svardkell in the direction of her own seachest, indicating he can leave his belongings with hers until the crowd disperses (since her own seachest is mostly empty). She'll store her traveling gear and wet cloak and then try to find some place to relax out of the way.

When Algared comes in, she'll move towards him to hear what he has to report.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:30 pm

"Thank you Shieldmaiden."

I will gather with the rest of the group asking Algared what our next course of action is.
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:32 pm

"Well I merely wished to let it be known that the last of the host had arrived... our next move.. for now we rest and recover. I'm sure you'll want to go hunting tomorrow. At present we have no set task."

Algared looks over the seal of the parchment when it is delivered to him, "A harp? I don't recognise the owner of that mark." He says as he breaks the seal, and begins to read quietly."Ahhh it's from Jurri," as he smiles remembering his friends skill with the harp and song. The smile slowly dissapates as he reads the letter quietly.

Once he has finished reading he folds it then tucks it into his pouch. "Jurri sends his greetings and unfortunately little else." Algared looks around the crowded hall, "Tonight we rest, I expect the Daas will have a new task for us soon... I think.." Algared falls silent, remembering his father's betrayal and the panic his rumours had on people just just so he could charge extra for his goods.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:07 am

No sooner had Algared finished speaking then a reminder of the storm outside is heard - deep ominous boom of thunder rumbles throughout the thran.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:40 am

Barak listens to the thunder "Sarajin is being very dramatic tonight" he observes. Turning to Algared he says quietly "Jurri won't have written just to say 'hello'. I take it you have news of the king which you will tell us about tomorrow."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:25 am

Time: Mid 4th watch - End 5th watch.

Jabor has joined your warband seemingly taking the place of Bjarni for now as the huge warrior seems more interested in the woman he has escorted out of the hills and her family. Jabor chats idly with your warband for some time before moving to the door and peering outside.

Returning to the group he says "Still raining" as he dejectedly takes his seat again. He continues to join the warband in chit chat before finally calling for his girls to begin serving the evening meal.

Shella and Gelda soon reappear carrying a huge pot. They are only able to offer each family group a single bowl as the meadhall is not used to catering for such numbers, even during market days this crowd is at least twice the largest Jabor has seen within its walls.

The girls place the pot upon the floor and begin ladelling the contents into bowls as each family takes their turn to be fed. As each warrior takes their turn a ladel of weak broth is poured into your bowl. The broth is warm and tasty but alone does little to fill the hunger, Jabor serves alongside the broth a half loaf of rye bread this along with the broth satisfies the hunger of those about the hall. For the children he also supplies two sweet cakes for each child. Finishing the meal with a serving of fruit mince pies doused in a spoonful of cream.

While seated about the hearth fire eating your meal you hear news of the Storzar battle against the Ibanvaaler to the east of Jeinmark along the Jeinmark-Abderheim road. It seems that as the battle lines drew up the Storzar had the better position, three times the Ibanvaalers attacked and three times they were defeated, the losses mounting on both sides.

The day looked to be won until the Storzar line was thrown into choas as armoured horseman came forward, there spear points glistening, they were mounted on such huge horses and wore chainmail down to their shins, their helmeted heads hid their faces from view. There was about a score of horseman in the charge along with a host of Ibanvaal warriors, and despite their numbers the carnage they wrought was horrific. It was not until the Storzar himself with his huscarls arrived to strengthen the line that the horseman turned and withdrew. Twice these horseman threw themselves into the fray against the Storzar's line along and on the second charge the Storzar line broke, the warriors began to flee towards Jeimark.

The Storzar was lucky to escape the battle himself. It seems the battlefield will days to clear of the dead. The thran of Jeinmark is flooded with the Storzars wounded who are to ill to move and if the Dagen comes westward soon there will be little to stop him taking the thran of Jeinmark.

The storm continues to rage outside the rain continues to fall and the booms of thunder echo through the meadhall while the flahses of lightening begin to light a darkening sky.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum