20 Saraju 720

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

20 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:25 am

Time: Beginning 1st watch - Mid 2nd watch

The hall begins to stir and judging by the amount of light it would be around the middle of the second watch. It is not long before all those slumbering people are up and about and going about their morning routines.

Bjarni finds himself still asleep next to Suri with her children scattered about both her and him.

The rain appears to have stopped and judging by the amount of water about it must have stopped early this morning, a light wind blows from the north west and the morning sky is clear and blue. Nolomar has begun to crest above the mountains to the east.

Barak takes a look at the morning sky and decides that this good weather will not hold and that later this morning it will turn bad again.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:03 pm

When Algared is on his own - or at least out of immediate earshot of the referees

"Algared. These refugees are going to need food. I could try my luck with hunting for the day; there may be something still alive with a watch walk from here. Of if you think we're going to be on the move soon then I will wait in the thran."

"But before I go anywhere you need to tell us the news from Jurri, and we need to decide whether or not to go to Cunate with the plan for us to try and kill those horses."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Bjarni will awaken and without waking anyone around him try to extricate himself and head over to where he can see Barak and the others.

"Good morning."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Borygg gets up, goes out to the rain barrel to wash, and readies himself for the day. He'll be interested in hearing what news Algared has from Jurri. If Barak is going hunting, Borygg will offer to go along, as long as Barak doesn't think he'll scare off any game that remains near the thran.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:42 am

Algared rises washes and heads off to mediatate, as he does so Barak draws him aside. As finishes talking to Barak he notices Borryg and Bjarni heading their way. Gathering the warband together. He says, "

Jurri's letter is a contains information he says he sent to the Daas, and was likely in an effort to ensure the Daas recieved his news as well as out of friendship for those in this band he knew.

Barak was thinking of going hunting, but I have advised against it. So that we can clean and repair our gear, seek to discover whether of not the Daas recieved any news from Jurri. We can also give him his share of the bounty we found. But more importantly last night it was mooted that we, the warband of oddballs, seek out and try to nutralise the mounts that have caused such havoc to our forces.. if we do this then going hunting for a few days would prevent our heading out.

Now my friends do we offer to seek a way to remove those mounts. If so how do we plan to go about acieving the goal, stealing, hobbling, killing, finding a means to make the ground impassable? What would we need to do?

I also intend today to aquire supplies, to help the situation with the refugees, so that even if Barak goes hunting and game is scare at least the situation will be eased somewhat.

Similarly it will give Svardkell the opportunity to turn the contents of his past leader into coin ready to be sent home if indeed his leader had family.

But I and I'm sure the rest of you are equally interested in what Bjarni can tell us about the women and children. Why were there no men with them? and does does he need to seek leave to build a clanhouse to house his new family?" The last Algared says with a smile and chuckle as he slaps Bjarni good naturedly on the back. "Enjoying yourself while we slaved away in the rear.. you crafty bugger." Algared says as he finishes with a laugh.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Bjarni is somewhat reticient. He will only say that as far as Suri goes her man was killed at Abderheim, and she has kin in Yetin. He has promised to see her and her children safely to them. Going after those horses will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow, or they go without him.

"Building a clan house here would seem an exercise in futility. The Daagen is still victorious, depsite our little skirmish at Abderheim. His next stop will be Ygesdram, and soon I would wager.

Svardkell - were those horsemen Ivinians or were they foreigners fighting for the Daas? Back home there are horsemen like you described. There is a thran ruled by a gaggle of Agrikan shieldmaidens who ride big horses."

avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:42 am

"They were Ibanvaalers and bastards every one, my friend. If my opinion were to be known about the horses, I would think we should try to steal them. They could be useful to us or the Daas, or even the refugees. I guess it depends on the situation and how well they are guarded."
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:48 am

"Hmm. The way Cunate seems to dither on decisions, I would say we just go and do it, or our chance to kill or capture the horses will be when they are riding across that meadow out there."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:58 am

"My thoughts on the horses was spoken in haste. It is better we all go to Yetin. From there Myna is not so far, if Bjarni is right about the Dagen. Certainly we can talk on route."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:36 pm

"While your words last night were spoken in haste Barak, if there is some way to nutralise those horses it would be good... whether it was just making the ground impassible to them.. or even having a line of long spears ready to skewer them if them tried to press home an attack...

It is important that we at least confirm whether Cunate recieved word from Jurri.. we also need to convert what Svardkell has of the Raven's gear and see if we can confirm whether his leader had family. I imasgine the scribes would be able to help with translating those texts.

Finally we can help our refugees reach their destination and in doing so also relieve the demands being placed upon Ygesdram.

Bjarni while we jest, it is good that you showed yourself a man of honour and likely did as much to help calm the minds of the women and children by helping them with their march as a score of armed guards.

Given your vow Bjarni, once we have seen the Daas or at least the chamberlain we can join you as we escort your charges to Yetin."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:07 pm

"I believe Algared and I need to visit Cunate to ensure Jurri's message is passed on. After that, I suggest we all match to Yetin taking whatever women and children who want to go that way in addition to Suri. It may be that Cunate will want a message taken to Kugald too. I suggest Bjarni, Brydis and Borygg organise the refugees and gain whatever supplies that might be found, whilst we are speaking to the Valhakar."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:59 pm

"Sounds good, Barak. I'll head over to the Daas' kitchen and see if they have any food they can spare for the refugees. Brydis, can you try to talk Jabor out of some food as well? Bjarni, maybe you and Suri can find out which refugees are headed to Yetin."

If Bryndis and Bjarni are okay with that plan, Borygg will go to the kitchens and try to wheedle some food. Figuring that the cook/steward might be reluctant or hesitant to feed the refugees, Borygg will point out that giving them some food now for the journey will get these people out of Ygesdram and they won't be asking for more food later.

He'll also go over to the temple and check in with Bjarri and his family. He'll tell them of helping the refugees thus far and that the group plans to escort them to Yetin. He'll see if the priest-clan has any food or supplies they can donate to the cause.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Algared wrote:"It is important that we at least confirm whether Cunate recieved word from Jurri.. we also need to convert what Svardkell has of the Raven's gear and see if we can confirm whether his leader had family. I imasgine the scribes would be able to help with translating those texts."

"I will get to work on this. Just point me in the right direction or let me accompany you to the Daas and we shall see if we can get this done before we journey to Yetin."
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Bjarni will nod and go to talk to Suri - when she wakes up of course.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:12 pm

"Then it seems, our path is set. Barak, Svardkell and I will make ourselves presentable, and go to the thranhold. After that we will escort the refugees to Yeltin, unless the little ones and Suri would need the rest. In which case we make and mend and leave on the morrow."

Algared will then scrub and groom himself before put on a clean set of clothes. He will gather the Daas share of the booty and the letter and once ready will make the ascent with Barak and Svaedkell. Once at the thranhold he will seek out Tersi.

He will explain that he received a letter from Jurri, and while addressed to him believes the contents are more addressed to the Daas, being sent as security that his message was received.

That he also brings the Daas share of the warbands booty.

Finally he will mention that Svardkell has documents that “we were hoping you or Madrin would be able to translate, as we hope these will help us identify where the Raven’s belongings or coin should be sent.”


Last edited by Algared on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Time: Mid 2nd watch

With your morning routines taken care of, you are seated around a table and discuss the needs of the day. It is not long before the hall is a buzz as the refugees have not only begun to rise but they too are seated around the hall talking. Suri has awoken and is seated with her children, seated with her group is Jurn and another warrior that was part of their escort yesterday. They sit and chat quietly.

While your warband are chatting, Gelda and Shella appear from the kitchen carrying a huge pot, simmering in the pot are boiled oats, as each person fills a bowl with the oats their meal is topped with a few blueberries and a smear of honey. A small portion of bread is also offered which is too topped with honey.

With the morning fast broken the warband split up and go about their tasks for the day. Bjarni splits from the group early to go and talk with Suri while they are still finishing their meal.

Algared, Barak and Svardkell prepare themselves to visit the thranaal. Combing hair and beards and knotting them neatly while donning their best clothing they spend some time making themselves presentable to the Daas.

Meanwhile Borygg and Bryndis head out to gather what supplies they are able to for the refugees.

Borygg bids Bryndis farewell as he heads off to the Daas kitchen to see what he can scrounge up. Bryndis remains in the hall to see what Jabor has to offer.

Please carry on these conversations in your private thread

Barak, Algared and Svardkell now ready head up to the thranaal, passing through the gatehouse they make for the Daas clanhouse. Finding one of the house staff, Algared calls the person over and after a quick chat with her Algared finally convinces her that they need to speak with the Daas urgently. After waiting for a while Erling Storzar emerges from the clanhouse, he turns an eye towards the sky as he approaches your group he says "Greetings Algared and Barak" nodding to each in turn then turning his attentions to Svardkell he simply nods his head in recognition "For what purpose do you wish to see the Daas?" he asks.


Last edited by GM on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Amend the meeting with Erling Storzar)
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 am

"Greetings Erling. Lets hope it will be a good day" says Barak before turning to Algared and waiting for him to speak.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:55 pm

"Greetings Erling," Algared says as he gives the customary greeting to a lord of a great house, "Our purpose in seeking the Daas, comes because of a letter I recieved from the Bard Jurri Grebel. Jurri detailed the situation in Pelyn and indicated he had sent the same information to the Daas. Given the importance it seemed to me that Jurri was sending the letter to me with the hope that the Daas would indeed recieve his news. Those seeking to disrupt news to the Daas may well intercept a letter to the Daas but may may leave ignore a letter addressed to me... the letters contents seemed to be more addressed to my Valhaker than to me.

We also sought to give my Valhaker his share of the booty, a pendant that we believed may be worth some five pounds and some silver coin, which my warband gathered from the Ibanvaal.

Lastly we were hoping to engage the services of one of the scribes to decipher the contents of some parchments which may give insight into the wishes the Raven's regarding sending their belongings or valuables to their family. Svardkell here is the last active member the company since they fell foul of the Dagaan's horsemen."

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Erling replies "I take it from the commotion last night upon the Daas' arrival that he has received information of some sort, for he was up late last night and has been in council all morning" taking a step Erling continues "I do not know what has been spoken about, but it has the thranaal buzzing"

Taking what is offered in way of tribute Erling says "A good find! You must have done well on our journey east, your warband must have brought down quite a few of those Ibanvaalers then" he adds with a smile "Well done!"

"Well!" Erling says "as for the scribes I fear that they are pre occupied as Tersi is still in council with the Daas probably will be for most of the day I should think and Madrin has not been seen since our return."

Holding out his hand Erling offers "Leave them with me and I will see what I can do for you"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:51 pm

"I fought along side Thaldris and killed three of their best warriors, taking nought more than a scratch to my foot. Thank you for your assistance with the scrolls, we are honour bound to send on what we can to their kin."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:04 am

Erling nods his head "I understand and I will see what can be done to aid you"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:30 am

Algared hands the pouch containing the Daas booty share to Erling and waits for Svardkell to hand over the documents (Algared knows the young Shek Pvar within the Storzar's host will likely be able to decipher the texts).
"Sarajin has smiled upon the fortunes of our band thus far in this campaign, we have been doubly blessed in that none of our companions have been mortally wounded while we have remained together and we have also profited. Not to mention Barak is fast earning a reputation as a mighty warrior as well as a skilled hunter." Algared says in reply to the Erling's comments about killing many of their common foe.

"Later today if they are ready to continue their trek, we will be escorting some of the women and children who arrived from Abderhiem to Yetin and their kin, , it will help, at least, a little with the crowding here in Ygesdram and relieve the pressure upon supplies." Algared says before thanking the Storzar for his time and excusing himself and the others..


Last edited by Algared on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to better show what I understand occurred before leaving Erling)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:38 am

Barak, Algared and Svardkell head back to Bryndis in the meadhall.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:08 am

As they walk back, Algared first slaps his hand to his forhead. "Curse me for a fool." He mutters to himself, as he realises that he could have asked if the Storzar's scribe and his fellow Shek Pv'ar could example the long Crystal and see if he could determine the enchantments upon it. "Guess I'll have to just keep trying to fathom out that Crystal myself.. an academic puzzle to ponder in the quieter times."

Upon arrival at the meadhall Algared will find Jabor, "No doubt you have heard we intend to escort Suri and her children, and any others who are headed to Yeltin and so ensure they reach their destination safely. I was thinking that we may also be able to pick up some supplies from Yeltin, are there any particular supplies you are particularly short of you would like us to try acquire?"


Last edited by Algared on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:13 am

Bjarni will go over and tell Algared that he doesn't any help. "I can escort Suri well enough without you lot tagging along."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum