20 Saraju 720

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 am

"Given our sea chests are still in Ygesdram I'd suggest returning at the very least. I imagine the king doesn't have over wheeling support as he is still trying to gather warboats. With the losses of men you may be able to buy a boat from Erling though I doubt we have the collective coin, and the only vessel I want to force or take by aviking is one from our foes... but even if we got a boat we'd need a pilot, and likely a few extra crew. My studies included the basics of piloting... but I am even less a pilot than a warrior.

For my part I would prefer to fight for someone who strives to follow the Ljarl and Cunate has shown time and time again he honours the Ljarl, none of us can say we haven't been fortunate in regards to the booty so far, and even I have managed so far to stay relatively healthy."

Algared increases his stride to match Barak the desire to ensure the refugees arrive to their destination safely.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:00 pm

"What say you Borygg, Bryndis, and Svardkell?"

"Whatever we plan to do, I think we need a plan we're all agreed to by the end of today. I have my own thoughts but I think everyone should have their say first. I don't want to speak out of turn. However, in terms of boats I was not thinking of stealing one or buying one; merely volunteering as crew or buying passage."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:46 pm

"This is perplexing. I would not live in a land with a King such as this. We must definitely look to our own best interests. There is no doubt we must leave this land. I'm sorry to you who grew up here and have family here. It must be a hard decision."

"I am with you in whatever you plan. I would steal or kill to get a Daagen boat. I at least owe them that much. I would also book passage or work as a crewman on a boat. Where we go is no matter to me, but we can no longer stay here. That is for certain."
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:15 pm

"I don't care where a boat comes from. But one thing - given how much the King or whoever rules in Pelyn hates the Daas and Storzar, getting out of this fjord would be tricky."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:34 pm

"We can walk out of the fjord; we don't have to sail. We can trek overland to a coastal port. As you say it will be safer than sailing."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:00 am

"Well shipmates. We have a decision to make."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:51 pm

"Indeed we do. My opinion is that we leave Daaslund. With or without Cunate. I'd be prepared to leave Ygresdram tomorrow and march west to the coast. This would almost certainly leave me outlawed from Clan Daas and certainly will mean I would not be able to return. Alternatively, we could try and convince Cunate that he must try and save the Daas, even if that means abandoning the minor clans of Daaslund, by seeking new lands elsewhere. Maybe there are other parts of Harn that we can colonise and found New Daaslund. The Daasen succeeded so the Daas can too. Then the King of Menglana and the Dagen of Ibanvaal can fight over these lands to their hearts content and destroy themselves in the process. If the Cunate won't lead the Daas out of Daaslund, then maybe he will allow us to take a boat, supplies and our womenfolk, to found a small colony in Orbaal with his blessing."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:41 pm

"I will second that notion Barak. What say the rest of you? Cunate may be fighting the good fight, but perhaps it is time for wiser council."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 am

"I believe Barak and Bjarni that what you say may as yet be premature. You know the Daas has only just recieved this news and was still in conference. It may be that you want to leave and run for the colonies of Orbaal. I will not so quickly abandon Cunate Daas, I will hear what he has to say or has decided first before I abandon my homeland and kin.

I would also here what Bryndis and Borygg feel are our options. No matter what is decided my desire is certainly to not act in anyway that is dishonourable and any action that would have me branded outlaw seems an act of dishonour. I assume you merely chose your words poorly cousin and were merely seeking to stress your point.

As for the success of the Daasen from what I heard they left over a generation ago and have estblished themselves as one of the clans. Their is nothing to say we need to go to Obaal and when half our number speak little if any of the local language it would seem to me fool hardy.

If we left Ygesdram we may find we would do better off trying to aquire a coastal trader or river craft services between the clans and regions were we all understand the language and customs and if it is decided that we eventually go to Orbaal to spend time ensuring we could all speak and understand the local dialect. In the meantime we be able to increase our wealth seeking trapping runs or the seal trade, or allowing Borryg to function as a merchant. At least we wouldnt' need an expert pilot following the rivers or coasts... though if we worked for passage on a vessel that was leaving or paid for passage then we'd not need a master pilot anyway. Still I want to here what the others of this band feel and then learn what the Daas and the Storzar intend before I make up my mind."

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Borygg has been listening to what everyone else has to say. "My thoughts echo those of Svardkell, Barak, and Bjarni. I have no desire to stay and die in this war. Getting passage to somewhere else, one way or another, sounds good to me. Hârn sounds like a land of opportunity. Helping to set up a colony sounds like my kind of fun, but I wouldn't be against trying the mercenary life either. Some may say that leaving now is against the Ljarl. Well, they can say that all they want but I'll be the one accounting for my actions with Sarajin and I think I can get a good bargain."
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:02 am

"Algared, Cunate and the Storzar are being defeated left and right. We all know that unless some major help comes then these lands are lost to the Dagen. And from what you told us that help wont be coming - in fact there is more likely another enemy coming from Pelyn to ravage these western thrans of Daaslund. Perhaps Cunate has some mages who will magic an army up for him or inflict a pague of boils on the Dagen's arse.

That being said, being made outlaw is no great shame. It is said that a man is not truly a man until he has been outlawed at least once. "




avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:48 am

Time: Beginning 3rd watch - Mid 3rd watch

Your warband heads west following the path you last saw the refugees on as they preceded you. The rain continues to fall while you march on the ground becoming increasingly muddier, the once hard ground had already been made soft by the rain the night before but it was becoming more slippery as the rain continued to fall. Despite you best efforts at increasing the pace the conditions of the trail barely allows you increase your speed.

Any sign of the refugees is quickly washed away from the rain soaked trail.

The trail continues to wind its way westward for several kilometres before you finally catch sight of the group of refugees, as they descend a small hill you have just crested. They are not more than a two perhaps three hundred metres ahead and are heading for a small fishing thran they lies on the crossroad between the Yetin road and the Tarnbro and Trvan road.

The thran consists of about five clanhouses with a small bay that allows access to the Imua River. Several small outbuildings are scattered about the thran with a few more buildings positioned near the river.

Catching up to the refugees just before you enter the small thran they do not stop as they continue to head for the thran.

avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:45 am

"So after traipsing all this way in the mud, do we turn around and go back to Ygesdram? We will get back in time for a hot meal. And get our gear still there."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:01 am

Upon catching upto the refugees Algared greets them once more and checks upon their welfare confirms where their final destination will lead them.

Have they reached their destination or will they be continuing on? (The thran being on the crossroads or the trail they are following). If their journey will take them further.

Looking about the thran and the small bay, are there anyboats pulled up on the shore or are they all out fishing. If there are any vessels, what size do they appear? would any be a suitable aquisition (about the size the farvie was) for the warband if they were for sale?
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:33 am

Algared, I am prepared to see what Cunate says, but I am not longer prepared to die in a war we can not win. A sacrifice for a good cause is worthy, throwing your life away for no gain does not seem to me to especially worthy or honourable. You may be right that I am wrong to speak of outlawry when I talk of leaving Daaslund, I do not know what action Cunate will take. Perhaps he will not mind. I suspect he will act to make an example since we are close kin. As for speaking the native tongue, I believe that the people in Orbaal speak Ivinian and if we speak slowly and loundly enough even the non-Ivinians will understand. There can't be many who can't understand our universal language."

Barak look confused when Algared starts look at the boats. "Are we escorting the refuges? If not, are we not heading back to Ygresdram? I thought that was your plan."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:30 pm

"Yes Barak we are escorting refugees to wherever they need to go and indeed you were wrong to speak of outlawry. We will escort these people to wherever they are headed and ensure they arrive safely and then we will return to Ygesdram."

As Barak looks around the bay and small thran casually he catches Barak's confused looks and says,
"a good little bay in better times You could live comfortably here... Especially with men to fish, farm or hunt."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:30 am

Bjarni might do the obvious and ask the refugees where they are going. How far it is etc.

"By the time we escort these people to their destination and then return to Ygesdram, it will might be too late. The Dagen might already be there. I am travelling light - everything I own is with me now - but the rest of you have all your gear back at the thran."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:44 am

"All I own, of value, I now carry, Bjarni. I have been expecting a hurried exit for some days now."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:53 am

"Smart. But do you still have that woman in the meadhall."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 am

"I've never had Gelda... well, umm, maybe, but not what you mean... She has always been Jabor's thrall. If he won't sell her, then if she leaves with me, willing or not, then I would be stealing her. And I would be outlaw whether Algared likes it or not."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:10 am

"Stealing a female thrall - that would only get you a few years outlawry."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:23 am

"Yes, It might be worth it. And I have considered it now and again. She could teach me Orbaalese ..."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:43 am

"Well woman stealing is a fine tradition. I will help, but may ask for the same in return."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:30 am

The bay has two small pindas pulled up on shore, while the remainder of the small is empty.

Algared hails the group of refugees, they pause in their travel to wait as Algared approaches "Where are you headed?" he asks. The only adult male in the group responds "This family is headed to Tarnbro, these families here are heading to Trvan, the Gelds there" he says pointing to a woman and two children "are headed Upsala and they" he says pointing to the remainder "are headed further south, why?" the man asks.

avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 am

"I ask because we intended to escort and help all reach their destinations safely. In my error, I had failed to previously ask. It is a lonely road and harder still without men to lesson the burden." Algared answers.

He looks down the trail towards Tarbro and then towards Tvran, "if I recall correctly there is a need to split? And what of you friend where do do head?"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 20 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum