22 Saraju 720TR

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Algared places his mug dowm after the toasts and as Jabor heads to the feast, says to his companions once they are finished their drinks, "Well my friends lit is indeed time for us join the feast. Since my invite came through Skorri, I had best arrive with him least I offer insult to Cunate," and with that Algared heads towards Skorri's clan house.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:48 am

Algared bids his companions a farewell before heading to his fathers clanhouse. The remainder of the warband head up the hill, noticing a several groups of men moving towards the gatehouse.

Passing through the gatehouse you are greeted by the two huscarls standing their watch. Heading towards the hall you can clearly see a crowd of men standing about outside the hall enjoying conversation and a drink.

Joining the crowd you are quickly offered a tankard of mead and quickly mix in with the assembled warriors.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:29 pm

[OoC - are the assembled warrior just Daas or are there Storzar warriors here as well - what is left of them I mean]

avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Svardkell Holg on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Svardkell will mingle confidently with the warriors and see if he can ascertain any gossip or news about the current state of affairs.
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:05 am

From those assembled about the hall there are only Daas warriors.

As Svardkell moves about the crowd he spots Algared standing with his father Skorri chatting with a group of several other Daas clansmen.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Svardkell Holg on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Svardkell walks up to Algared and his father.

"Algared, I was never formally introduced to your father Skorri."
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:15 am

Algared greets Svardkell warmly clasping his hand warmly, "That is true indeed my friend." Turning to his father, Algared introduces Svardkell and Skorri formally to one another. Algared is generous with his praise of both men and their achievements. In praise of his father Algared mentions his successful defence of the bonding house, thus enabling supplies to be maintained. Algared is equally generous in his retelling of Svardkell achievements and adding he is a huscarl and is indispensable within their small warband.



avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:07 am

Standing outside the hall you chat amongst the other warriors and the talk seems to be on the thran of Abderheim. The minority agree that the thran still holds against the Dagen, while the vast majority seem to think that the thran has already surrendered, but is not yet prepared to take up arms the Daas, while the middle ground seem to be of the opinion that clan Abder have not only already surrendered to the Dagen but have joined the ranks of his growing force.

Some of those gathered about the hall seem aghast at the thought that once allies have now become enemies and could meet them soon on the battlefield.

Once Algared has offered his introductions between Svardkell and Skorri, Skorri merely nods towards Algared's companion "He does tend to bluster!" Skorri says to Svardkell.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 am

Some of those gathered about the hall seem aghast at the thought that once allies have now become enemies and could meet them soon on the battlefield.

"Hmmff,' Bjarni will snort. "I told you the thran should have been torched to leave nothing for the Dagen. What did all those warriors who gave their lives breaking the siege die for?"

Once Algared has offered his introductions between Svardkell and Skorri, Skorri merely nods towards Algared's companion "He does tend to bluster!" Skorri says to Svardkell.

"And he will never use a short word when a diminutive would suffice"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:28 am

A Daas warrior standing near Bjarni replies "They may have been no one to you newcomer, but to others they were friends, clansmen and probably most importantly expecting protection from the Daas himself. Now while it may seem that they have turned against us that was the decision of their Valhakar, the Daas has protected them and done what the Ljarl expected from him. So in answer to your question Bjarni my clansmen died in accordance with the Ljarl, fulfilling their duty to their clan and their Valhakar!" he says.

Skorri flashes Bjarni a quick look with little more than a smirk....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:08 am

"I am sure they did, but leaving the thran intact to house and support the Dagen seemed to me to be pointless, duty to the Ljarl notwithstanding."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 pm

The warrior smiles "The Dagen has three times a thousand warriors yet the thran of Abderheim was crowded with three hundred Daas warriors, the thran of Abderheim will shelter the Dagens men no more than a single goose egg would fill your belly!" he says ending in a smile as he looks down at Bjarni's large girth.

"Not only that the thran has been left with little in way of supplies, what we didn't eat we took with us, those of Abderheim will have a hard winter ahead" pausing for a moment he adds "probably no harder than those here either" he concludes.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:38 pm

GM wrote:
Once Algared has offered his introductions between Svardkell and Skorri, Skorri merely nods towards Algared's companion "He does tend to bluster!" Skorri says to Svardkell.

It'll be a long night at this rate, Sarajin grant me strength Algared thinks as he hears Bjarni throw in his two farthings to his Skorris' comment. "I suppose you are right it is bluster, after all ones actions speak louder than words, wouldn't you agree?" Algared says and merely shrugs. He will mingle before drifting towards his companions.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:14 am

"I agree" says Algared's father "actions do speak louder than words, like creating some horror that now infests the river" he says with not a hint of humour in his voice. Skorri then notices someone in the crowd and leaves Algared with his companions.

A quick look reveals that Skorri has moved away from the crowd is chatting quietly with Madrin. It would appear that the Wyrdman has returned from whatever business has kept him away these last few days.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 am

GM wrote:"I agree" says Algared's father "actions do speak louder than words, like creating some horror that now infests the river"

Bjarni will nod to Svardkell and say "Ah yes that. Not sure if we mentioned it but best not to go swimming down the river at the moment."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Svardkell Holg on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Aye, I will remember that. Should I ask what kind of "horror" it is?
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:41 pm

"Well it is not my area of expertise you understand, but it one of those that drowns ships and men. It has effectively blocked the river. I had thought it gone but Skorri's rebuke may mean it is still there"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Svardkell Holg on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:53 pm

"I had thought them to live in the deep sea, not coming this far inland and making homes in rivers. I know not of what they and their kin do, so I believe you as to what you speak of. I suppose we will not be leaving Ygesdram by boat then eh?"
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:43 pm

"Not until Algared chases away his watery spook at any rate. Mind you, it does mean that the Dagen cannot get his fleet down river either without a portage around the monster"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:10 am

At Skorri's reaction, Algared shrugs again, it isn't as though he hasn't tried to remove or shift the creature but he has barely had time to scratch. "Anyway Svardkell... that was my father. I doubt there is anything else to add that wouldn't be bluster," Algared smiles weakly, "or lead me to bring dishonor on myself... I'm sure you can form your own opinion of him from what you have heard and seen of him... though in his defense, I can understand his concern about the lack the trade he receives from the river at present."

Algared responds to the question from Svardkell regarding the watery creature by adding quietly, "Bjarni, may not be an expert on the creature but he has preety much said all there is to say about it."

Algared decides he will try limit drinking tonight, he doesn't wish to become so drunk that he forgets himself and maligns his father or will not be able to function on the morrow. He will drift away and listen to the conversations about him contributing only when he is spoken to. He will endeavor follow the Ljarl choosing not to find insult or grievance but speaking fair of all.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Svardkell Holg on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Algared wrote:I'm sure you can form your own opinion of him from what you have heard and seen of him... though in his defense, I can understand his concern about the lack the trade he receives from the river at present."

"I don't listen to the squawking of hens when it comes to sizing up a man and his honor. I only judge a man by what I see or hear with my own eyes and ears. A merchant has to make a living too. I don't disregard your father out of turn. I don't even know who my father is. That is much worse on a man's mind than having a father around my friend. Don't ever take it for granted."
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Algared on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Algared nods in reply, "Well said my friend."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  GM on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:58 am

While standing about outside the hall the warm afternoon air brings the scents of cooking food from the cookhouse. It seems that with every mouthful of mead you take there is a someone there to refill your cup. You listen in to a few conversations as you stand about and it would seem that everyone has an opinion of their current situation and the best way to win this war. Others however, are chatting about the lack of crops that have been planted, others still talk about the King and what aid if any he will bring and what has taken him so long to arrive. One idea you over hear is that it has taken so long to gather an army as all the great clans have heard the call and it is taking them time to assemble. This idea is quickly rebuked by others, the Daas of Myna still sit on the fence trying to resolve this war by politics, other clans owe us nothing and will not aid us, other clans yet hate either the Daas or the Storzar and would not answer such a call.

So, the chat continues with each man raising his concerns and speaking his mind, several stand back and offer little in the way of conversation but nod as each man speaks.

Half way through your second tankard of mead the group is joined by Cunate Daas, a knot of men join him and begin speaking with him. Those of the clan with stature move to join him and politely push those of lower status out of the picture, among those gathered about Cunate are Skorri Daas. Cunate seems to be in good mood for once as though a heavy weight has been lifted from his shoulders and he seems to be enjoying the banter about the hall.

As the conversation continues a few drops of rain begin to fall. With the rain only a few random drops a voice calls from within the hall "The Daas welcomes you, please enter his hall!" from your vantage point you are unable to see the owner of the voice and you are not sure who the owner is.

Entering the hall you are greeted with a hearth fire that has been burning for some time, the coals glowing with heat, warming the hall for the coming event. The usual whale oil lamps hang from the ceiling casting the hall in a yellow glow. The tables have been arranged in a U shape, Cunate and several others take their seats at the head of the table while the others find themselves a place at the table. A few minor altercations take place as people try to take seats above their real status and they are reminded of their place by those above them. But these things are quickly resolved and before long everyone is seated and the mead once again begins to flow.

The tables have little in the way of adornment apart from the newly arrived jugs of mead that have been placed by servants, including several of the newly captured Ibanvaal warriors. The conversations of outside recommence about the table as the mead works to lighten the atmosphere.

You are not able to hear it but judging by those that come into the hall from outside the rain seems to have steadier.

avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:11 am

Taking his seat with his comrades, Bjarni will ask "Do you think they will have blood sausage? I haven't had any in an age."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Svardkell Holg on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Bjarni Daasen wrote:Taking his seat with his comrades, Bjarni will ask "Do you think they will have blood sausage? I haven't had any in an age."

"I think I'll be more interested in the women serving your blood sausage, I haven't had any of those in an age either."
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum