From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22 Saraju 720TR

+3
Svardkell Holg
Bjarni Daasen
GM
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

22 Saraju 720TR - Page 3 Empty Re: 22 Saraju 720TR

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:37 pm

"Every appetite to it's time, my friend"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:54 am

Having found a place to seat as close to the head table as possible without appearing to upset anyone (those below your status appear to give up their seats to you) you are greeted by those about you with a quick nod of the head as you nestle in to your seats.

Jugs of mead once again appear upon the table as those about the tables help themselves to their contents.

Cunate sits at the head table drinking from his tankard, standing behind are two fully armed and armoured huscarls. He chats amiably with those seated about him. Before long the first of the food begins to appear, trays of oysters and muscles are placed upon the tables, loaves of rye bread are also placed in front of each warrior. Other trays begin to appear bearing an assortment of dried fish and eel cut into small bite sized pieces. Platters of cheese and vegetables also appear.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Algared will gladly eat portions of the food as it is presented, and while enjoying the mead tries to limit his intake. He knows that Daaslund alone cannot hope to halt the Ibanvaal advance not without a miracle or the arrival of several thousand men from Myna. Unless things change for the better it is possible that Ygesdram will also succumb to the Ibanvaal. Given his fears Algared desires not to be incapacitated by ale.

Still he will share the tales and laughter but also try to keep an ear open throughout the eve.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Bjarni on the other hand will eat, drink and make merry. He will boast, gorge and generally overindulge. He will clap Algared on the shoulder and say "You are thinking again. It makes you look glum, friend. Look at this as practice for when you go to Talagaad"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Svardkell will be somewhere in the middle of Bjarni and Algared's appetites. He is more concerned about what is going on with battle plans and the anticipation of what is to come. He will also appear to be preoccupied with the attentions of the serving girls.
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:57 am

Bjarni and Svardkell are joined by those seated about them as they indulge in the food and mead. A warrior seated near Algared leans across and says for those close enough to hear "Why do you not celebrate!" as he reaches into the centre of the table to refill his tankard, returning the jug back to the table he reaches for several oysters downing them each of them in a single gulp...
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:41 pm

"He is saving himself for dessert," Bjarni puts in helpfully.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 am

Barak will enjoy the food and try not to look like he is failing to drink the mead. He wishes he could sneak some of this food in to a sack since you don't know where your next meal is coming from these days - but he has too much honour and sense to try.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 am

Bryndis will emulate Barak and Svardkell in appetite and drink, mostly remaining quiet while listening to what others are saying (and doing) around them.

[Sincerest apologies for my absense. After two weeks off of work (and no internet) I came back to three weeks of too much work and not enough time.~cjl]
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:35 am

Borygg eats and drinks his share and participates in the general chatter of the group.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:36 am

Algared continues to enjoy the food and drink as previously stated but tries to ensure he doesn't over do the drink.

In reply to the man seated near him Algared laughs and and nods at Bjarni's comment between mouthfuls of food, he is ravenously hungry having had a light breakfast and no lunch on top of travelling. "Aye and I'm looking forward to something sweet."

[Sorry if my post of 'Gladly taking portions of food' was understood to mean eating little, though even devouring a whole oxen would likely be considered little compared to Bjarni Smile Svardkell will have a hard time eating somewhere between Algared and the Whale Smile]

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:59 am

The warrior not sure of what Algared means by laughing simply shakes his head before taking a long drink from his newly filled mug.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:45 am

Bjarni will say to the warrior "Don't worry, I never understand half of what Algared says either. But then again he can read" and will tap the side of his nose knowingly. He will clap Algared on the shoulder and add "and he takes a joke better than most"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 am

The food continues to appear as plates are brought from the kitchen, bowls of a pork stew are also brought in from the kitchen. A variety of foods are available upon the table boiled eggs, pieces of chicken and goose are served.

With the food appearing in such a vast variety and ample supply everyone is able to feast themselves to their complete satisfaction.

With the everyone sated or still just nibbling at what remains upon the table Cunate stands and waves several of his servants forward and for the first time speaks directly to those assembled within the hall "Courtesy of our Ibanvaal visitors" he says as the servants being to pour a thin red liquid from clay jugs. "Wine!" a call goes out about the hall, some warriors begin to laugh loudly.

A cup is filled and placed in front of each of you.

With your cups full Cunate still standing says "We have reached a cross roads here in Daaslund. Trond makes ready to march against us from the south. While the host of Ibanvaal reinforced with the smaller clans from Storzarlund and clan Idain of Sulubin stands ready to attack the thran of Ygesdram directly. My counsin in Myna still believes he can broker a peace between Ibanvaal and Menglana." jeers go up about the hall at this idea, Cunate waves them to silence before continuing "and our King, believes that clans Storzar and Daas conspired to kill his father and now prepares to sail against us." again the crowds roars their protests as Cunate speaks.

"I intend to take the Daas clan to Myna there to seek the shelter of my cousin" there is now a silence about the hall as this news descends upon the audience "and with his aid hope to convince our King that our clan nor the clan of Storzar had anything to do with the death of his father! To bide our time for the other clans to muster and to defeat this Ibanvaal incursion!"

Before anyone can say anything further Cunate says "We sail in a tenday, I have called for my ships to muster at Tarnbro by the 25th so that we may make the necessary preparations to sail for Myna"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:46 am

Bjarni will say to his comrades "Convince the Stahler? From what I heard there they would see all Storzar and their allies dead."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Barak cautiously sips this new experience called wine. He decides he dosn't like it as much as mead or ale, but manfully swallows it back so as not to insult the Daas.

Turning to Borygg whom he is sitting next to, he says "That tastes like watered down blood, only not so nice. Myna is unexpected, but I am not suprised we are leaving Daaslund. We'll have plenty to discuss after the feast."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:16 am

"What does this mean for your families?" Svardkell directs his question to Algared and Barak. "What does this mean for our warband?"
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:21 am

"We may get another ship. Or at least a place at the oars in one. But I am thinking that the Daas will need someone to scout ahead of his boats - it would not do to sail into a Stahler trap. We could do that task."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:20 am

"My family depends on its fishing boat. If they can't get the boat beyond Algared's whirlpool they'll probably die in the attempt. We're not exactly a rich branch of the Daas, so the fishing boat will carry nearly all my family's wealth. Once in Myna they can either settle or go off further afield. I can not say what my step father will do, but if he has any sense he'll sail way to new lands where he can establish himself as a fisherman in a new community."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:24 am

"Barack - we could carry it beyond the water monster. It wont be much of a portage."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:26 pm

"He be might be best of pushing it on rollers... But that is his problem not mine. He won't be expecting, or getting, any aid from me. Just as long as he gets my little sister safe away."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:15 am

"Ahh. Family. See, that is why I left mine across the sea," Bjarni signals to a serving wench to refill his cup. "So, do the Myna Daas get on with their kin here? Will they welcome another hoard to house and feed?"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:37 am

"They don't get on so well with kin that they were prepared to send aid. I can't see why they would want the extra mouths to feed, and sheltering the Daas will just make them targets for his enemies. I can't see us being welcomed with open arms. But Daas is Daas; they may shelter us for a short time."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:57 pm

"Just another place where I won't be accepted? I think I'm used to that by now." Svardkell drones on. "As long as I have an axe and a shield and I am not a peasant working a patch of mud somewhere I'll be more than happy to accept my share of the ill will of the Daas' relatives."
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Barak Daas wrote:Barak cautiously sips this new experience called wine. He decides he dosn't like it as much as mead or ale, but manfully swallows it back so as not to insult the Daas.

Turning to Borygg whom he is sitting next to, he says "That tastes like watered down blood, only not so nice. Myna is unexpected, but I am not suprised we are leaving Daaslund. We'll have plenty to discuss after the feast."

Algared drinks from the wine, comparing it against the various strengths of ales and honey meads. [brewing skill] and replies, "Myna isn't that unexpected Barak. The Daas pays tribute to Myna and before we took the Farvie to Pelyn he had posulated Clan Daas making such a move... As for leaving Daaslund, it cannot be said that The Daas has not done what we can to halt or slow the invaders... but our main defense lay in fortifications of Froyahiem and our overland march."

Replying to Svardkell and including his friends Algared says, "After the creature appeared the Daas had all the fishing vessels return to Tarnbro rather than to Ygesdram.So Barak's kin have no need to try sail past the creature or do they have need to haul their fishing vessel past it. They will be able to take their livelihood with them to Myna.

My Father will ... to be honest I do not know what he will do? He will I imagine wish to salvage as much wealth as he can, inorder to reestablish his trade later. It is possible he will seek to move as much of his stores or he may seek to convert them to coin. A warehouse of stores is harder to transport especially when he cannot easily ship it by boat from Ygesdram." Algared sighs deeply thinking that he understanding his father's anger and frustration.

"As for our warband, there is no reason why we cannot remain a company. We may be able to aquire a vessel or have shares in a vessel. Similarly We may find my father will be seeking boat and crew to help move his stores... maybe even he will be willing look to investing in a vessel also. though maybe we could liberate a vessel from our foes for such a purpose or merely to help with the move. Either way I have a feeling over the next few days our company should be kept busy."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next