25 Saraju 720

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

25 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:53 am

The warband is woken nearing the end of the first watch as Nolomar begins to cast its light about the hall. Rising you notice that Bjarni has still not returned to the meadhall.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Barak gets up, washed and dressed. Whilst breaking his fast he comments: "It is unlike Bjarni to miss his stewed oats and honey. I wonder if his bride has kidnapped him for being so slow to take her."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:14 am

The concern for Bjarni is made worse when by midday there is still no sign of the warrior, nor is there word about the thran of his arrival.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:34 pm

"Ok, now we look for him. Barak you'll lead us? If Bryndis and Borygg are about we should have them come too. Should we notify someone and let them know where we've gone in case something befalls us too? Could it be the Dagan?"

Svardkell will gather his gear and be ready to head out within a moment's notice.
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:41 pm

I am assuming Borygg is around the others. He'll grab his gear and be ready to go look for Bjarni.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:50 am

"I agree. I can't see him missing two meals. We best be after him. Trust the whale to get lost. My directions were perfectly good."

Barak will round up Bryndis, though he can't find Algarad; gather together and don his outdoor gear; and lead (guide) the four companions by the fastest routes to find Bjarni, or at least where he was last thought to be (Dalasjo). On the way out he will tell Jabor and Gelda where they are bound. He will ask them to let Algarad know where they are gone when he turns up.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:03 am

Bryndis will definitely be concerned and tag along to look for Bjarni.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:14 am

Heading out from the meadhall just after midday you head towards the thran of Dalasjo. The day is cold but there appears little threat from rain, the wind blows steady from the north and the sky is clear and blue.

The warband walks along a well worn path between either a low wall or chest high hedges which border the fields and meadows that surround you as you travel south.

With the light fading and after passing through several smaller thrans you arrive at the thran of Dalasjo.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:28 pm

"Where to head first my friends? We don't know Bjarni's future Father's name do we? His daughter is Suri. Perhaps the valhakar may know?"


* Does anything seem amiss or out of place about the Thran? Is there signs of fighting, soldiers or destruction? *

Post by GM There does not appear to be anything out of the ordinary about this thran. There is does not appear to be any of the clanhouses or outbuildings destroyed, there is no sign of enemy occupation, there are no sentries (apart from a lone sentry that can be seen standing near the small gatehouse near a pallisaded compound). The only thing that would seem out of the ordinary is the lack of men about the thran, but this has become more common over the last few weeks.
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:33 pm

"This is a small thran, it shouldn't be hard to find Suri's father." Barak looks about for the largest/best clanhalll and indicates it to his companions "Perhaps we should start by asking there."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:35 pm

"Aye that will do."
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:10 am

Making your way towards the very slight incline to the pallisaded compound towards the gatehouse you notice several clanhouses that line the road some with obvious workshops as outbuildings, one including a spinning potters wheel and kiln. A sign of a tankard hangs above the door of one building.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Svardkell Holg wrote:Post by GM There does not appear to be anything out of the ordinary about this thran. There is does not appear to be any of the clanhouses or outbuildings destroyed, there is no sign of enemy occupation, there are no sentries (apart from a lone sentry that can be seen standing near the small gatehouse near a pallisaded compound). The only thing that would seem out of the ordinary is the lack of men about the thran, but this has become more common over the last few weeks.
Svardkell nudges Barak and nods towards the pallisaded compound and the lone sentry.
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:02 am

Barak heads towards the sentry. "Greetings friend. My name is Barak Daas. I've come to look for Bjarni Daasen known as the whale. I believe he may be in this thran. But first I would like to present my compliments, and those of my companions, to your valhakar if he is here."

[OoC: Barak should be conversant with etiquette and know who is the leader here (which I do not). He will avoid making any 'diplomatic' errors even if I have made them above]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:44 am

The guardsman watches you carefully as you approach. "Well met Barak Daas" he replies to your greeting. "I have not seen your friend about the greathall. With regret Barak our Valhakar is not here. Instead you can announce your presence to our clans Bryti (steward) he will see you are attended" as he allows you entry into the walled compound.

You stop a boy who is running about chasing geese and ask for someone to fetch the clans Bryti. The lad disappears into one of the clanhouses nearby, a woman soon appears, looks you over and then moves away from you to enter what is obviously the greathall.

Presently a well dressed man in his late thirties appears "Greetings travellers, I have been told you seek to speak with me, how may I be of service to you" he says.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 am

"Greetings. We're looking for a man by the name of Bjarni Daasen, also known as the whale, who we believe came here looking for the father of a woman named Suri. Do you know of him, or can you point us to Suri's family?"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:21 am

The man says "I have not heard of someone answering that name abouts" then looking skyward briefly he adds 'nor do I recall a woman named Suri nor her clan"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:03 am

Have you seen a very large man who is built like a barrel, or any other strangers over the last couple of days?"

Barak looks round at this companions to see if they had anything to add. He glances at the sky to see of there is any reason to look that way other than lying.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:29 pm

"Not since those that have arrived from Abderheim, perhaps Suri may have been among them. If she is, well she could be in any of the clanhouses if she has not already moved on" he says.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Assuming no one else speaks, Barak says: "Thank you for your help. We had best call on some of the clan houses then. We can not let him get away. Until we meet again, Goodbye."

Barak will withdraw from the compound.

"I suggest we split in to pairs and knock on the doors of each clan house, one pair takes this side of the steet, and the other takes the other. However, does anyone else have any better ideas?"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 pm

"Unfortunately I am not well versed in deciphering if someone speaks the truth or not. I am however versed in visiting pain and violence upon said liars. Something did not sit well with me after hearing from that steward. How could he have not heard of this girl or her family? Something is not right here. I think your idea of knocking on doors is the best option we have. Or we may go over to the tavern and inquire of the staff there first?"
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 pm

"I have no problem with visiting the sign of the tankard, as long as we don't partake of the contents; at least not until we've found Bjarni or exhausted the other possibilities. Knowing Bjarni, a alehouse is where he'd most like to be found, or at least left an impression."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Svardkell Holg on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:21 pm

"Exactly, we may all need a drink after this ordeal has passed."

Svardkell will wait for the rest of the group and head over to the house with the tankard sign.
avatar
Svardkell Holg

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Connecticut, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:17 am

Leaving the compound, you pass through the gatehouse and nod a farewell to the warrior standing guard. Heading down the slight slope you return to the building showing the tankard sign hanging above the door.

Pushing the door open you enter a mostly dark hall, a hearth fire burns low while a few oil lamps light the area about the fire. The hall has several tables and benches scattered about the hall and seated at a table near the hearth fire is a large man you are able to identify as one Bjarni Daasen.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:44 am

Bjarni glances up and is somewhat surprised to see Barak and Svardkell, and the others. "What the hell are you lot doing here?"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum