From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum...

3 posters

Go down

Welcome to the forum... Empty Welcome to the forum...

Post  GM Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:32 am

G'day Fletch

Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy this campaign
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the forum... Empty Algared Daas AKA Antony "Fletch" Fletcher

Post  Algared Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks Neil for the welcome...

Greetings one and all, this should be fun experience and I'm looking forward to exploring Menglana with you all.

Since you all shared a little about yourselves I thought I'd do the same. I am 42 years, old and started gaming in 1978, when a history teacher, bless his soul, introduced me to Diplomacy, by 1980 I had acquired several war games and a miniatures/board game WWII squad level game called 'Panzer' and SPI's 'Russian Campaign'. Of course one of the great problems was other like minded individuals. Fortunately for me my Sister's boy friend's landlord played this wierd game and I was offered an invite to his game where i was introduced to RPG through another another SPI game 'DragonQuest'.

In 1984 I found a copy of HarnMaster in my local games shop, and acuired the rules and the world. There was something gritty that attracted me to the game. over the years I made various attempts to convert friends to Harn.

I went off to University in 1986-91 completing a B.A. Grad Dip.Ed before returning to start teaching in the public school system. While teaching was drawn back to wargaming when I met various other wargamers, when it seemed several of us found a Napoleonic minatures game. It was at this time I actually met neil and his hordes of Brittish- he was a rabid wargamer then and had little time roleplaying as I recall.

I returned to lure of acquiring degrees, beginning a B.Th. at a Bible college. upon completion I returned once more to the stomping ground to discover Neil had finally been converted to Harn. I joined a campaign and finally when our campaign ran into the problems of RL interferences came here.

All i can say is I love Harn and look forward to stretching my understanding of the rules, and being immersed with purpose into the wonderful world.
Fletch

Last edited by Algared on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : decided to add the a little playerr info)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the forum... Empty Re: Welcome to the forum...

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:14 am

So how many Aussies are playing at the moment? You and the GM of course.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:50 am

Yep. That would be about it.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down