From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booty found...

+2
Kugald Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Booty found... Empty Booty found...

Post  GM Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:43 am

Let me know what each of you are looking for in the way of booty and I will see what you are able to find....
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Booty found... Empty Re: Booty found...

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:53 am

Kugald looks for weapons, armor, coins, jewelry and food.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:47 am

Weapons and armour are hard to find - you will need to be specific with what you are looking for. From your time at the gate it is quite apparent that most of the fighting men have gone north to aid in the attack on Froyaheim.

Most of the weapons and armour have gone along with them...
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:28 pm

OOC: Neil, Kugald is a weaponcrafter, I am certain he will know what are weapons and armor and what aren't. He should also have a good idea of what is valuable and what isn't.

Kugald enters the house. He starts with any "bedrooms" (solars). There, he checks chests first. He quickly, but thoroughly, empties them out. He sets aside any good quality clothing he finds and will give it to whomever it fits. As he empties the chests, Kugald will look for any money or valuables. His focus is on things small, light, portable and valuable (i.e. jewelry or coins).

After the chests are cleaned out, he moves them aside, looking for hiding spots (loose floorboards, dark corners and awkward to reach places).

He will search the bed, particularly under it.

Then, he will check the rest of the room.

Once the solar is finished, he will move into the common room, he will continue to look for valuables, but his focus will be food, fresh and preserved, as much as he can.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Jurri isn't searching for anything specific. Coin, jewelry, or other small, high-value items would catch his eye. If he comes across anything unusual (written works, art, musical instruments, etc.) he will probably stop and examine them. Similarly, well-crafted, portable items of use (clothing, tools, weapons) will find their way to the pile.

Basically, he's going in with the idea that they are to loot the place (i.e. take the items of value). He's not going shopping for a new (fill-in-the-blank). As far as he's concerned, the loot (or its proceeds) can be divided up later.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:17 pm

Wouldn't mind finding good clothes (if the mercantyler has any stored away), but as we have a long way to go yet certainly coin, promisory notes, Jewellry... gold silver, rings, broaches arm bands, would nice....books(Yes, Algared can read and write cant draw though), especially anything that has symbols of arcane lore, healing Herbs, cooking spices, Food... yeah basically taking the same view as jurri. if its valuable or would benefit one of the warband I'll take it and add it to the pot so to speak.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:29 pm

So what is the thran name? I am assuming Vansbry. It is also possible Passed through here if I took the trade route south when I was headed for the chantry, that way I could have avoided Ibanvaal. We will certainly ask if it noy known to any of us.

The thran is Vansbry, though none of your warband have travelled here ever. No you have not travelled through here. You were on your way to the chantry 7 years ago long before Ibanvaal intended to invade. There would have been nothing stopping you from travelling through Ibanvaal, all those years ago.

Last edited by GM on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to correct the Thran name and tidy up the sentences structure a little)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Neil, having entered the non-descript dwelling/building and looked around can you describe the interior, ie rooms and occupation of the owners based on materials around? Are the owners present or is this a work shop for say a jeweller Wink.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:45 pm

The interior is like an average clanhouse. I have posted privately what each of you have found of value - what you do with that is up to each character.

Should there be something particular that you are searching for then let me know.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Booty found... Empty Booty from the battle of Froyby....

Post  GM Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:31 am

Get ready people this list is extensive.

Headgear - Kurbul 1/2 helm (good quality), Quilt cowl (average), Ring 1/2 helm (average), Quilt cowl (average), Mail cowl (excellant), Kurbul 1/2 helm (excellant), Cloth cap (average), Cloth cap (good) and a Plate 3/4 helm (average)

Body Armour - Leather Vest (average), Mail byrnie (average), Quilt tunic (good), Quilt Gambeson (good), Plate Breastplate (good), Mail Hauberk (good) and a leather vest (average)

Legs - 1 pair of shoes (average), 1 pair of calf boots (poor) and another pair of calf boots (average)

Hands - 1 pair of leather gauntlets (average)

Weapons - Battleaxe (average), 2 Spears (average), Shortsword (average), Shortsword (poor), Battlesword (good), Club (average), Warhammer (average) and a Shortbow (good)

Shields - 2 Roundshields (average) and 1 Roundshield with silver inlay (good)

Jewellry - Gold Earrings (5dr), Raw Agate (18ct), 2 Cut Cornelian (9ct), Ivory Pendant (10dr) of a whale on a leather thong, Jade ring (6dr), Silver broach (7dr) and a Silver Ring (7dr)

Also among the various belongings of the dead you found a parchment written in Ivinian, in fair condition making a decree that travel between Froyby and Ibanvaal will only be allowed with written approval from the Dagen Prince. A vial containing a colourless liquid. There are five bearer notes worth 970d, 590d, 630d, 480d and 380d, also among the dead you found a total of 110d and 1oz of gold.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 am

When the band gathers together after retrieving their backpacks and doing some looting, Kugald lays out a blanket and spreads out the loot he has found (OOC: I presume the others will do the same).

He smiles broadly, "Well done lads...well done."

He looks over the gear. "I suggest that any of our band without a helmet (OOC: is there anyone?) take a helm. If no one objects, I would like to trade up to a 3/4 helm, but I am happy to give my 1/2 helm to any who need it."

Kugald smiles at the mail byrnie and hauberk. "Barak, there is some excellent armor here. A quilt gambeson and mail hauberk, paired with the quilt and mail cowls would give you excellent protection...if you are ok with the weight. That leaves a mail byrnie for Algared or Borygg. Who ever does't take the mail byrnie can take this plate breastplate. It will give fine protection as well."

Looking over the weapons, Kugald hefts an average spear, he says to no one in particular, "This will do."

Kugald looks up at his companions, "I have no need of any more weapons, save this spear to replace my broken one. I think everyone should take what they need."

"If I might make a suggestion...we have more armour and weapons than we can use or carry. Some of our Daas companions aren't so lucky. I propose that once we have all taken what we need, that we give the excess to our clansmen. The better equipped they are, the better support they will be able to give us."

He will participate in any discussion that ensues from his suggestion.

Kugald holds up the bearer notes (and the parchment in Ivinian), "Algared, see what you can make of these. Perhaps they are more of these things you say are worth money."

He looks at the vial of colourless liquid with puzzlement. "Vidar, do you know what manner of witchery this is?"

"I would say that the jewellery might be worth about 1030d, give or take... Of course there is the gold and silver."

"So, how should we divide the coin and jewellery? I think Vidar is a good man to split it fairly. I propose that he splits it into six even lots and that we draw straws to determine the order we get to choose what lot we want...sound fair?"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:59 am

As they examine the loot, Algared smiles it is a good haul, he examines the parchments to determine where they were issued and reports the value of each then looking at the collection of armor he then speaks his thoughts.

“I would suggest you take the mail hauberk, cowl and plate ¾ helm Kugald as you are our main warrior. Your current mail we pass down the line.
Barak You should take one of the quilt cowls, the quilt gambeson and a mail byrnie, that will still be a significant improvement to your armor and wont be as heavy..
Vidar as the third of our front rank you should also take a quilt cowl by doing this all three will have very similar protection.

Borygg, unless you feel it will encumber you too much, I think you should take the quilt tunic and the other mail bynie if Kugald takes the hauberk. If the mail is too heavy they join the quilt with a leather vest and the plate. I or Jurri will take the plate or mail if you do not..

Jurri do you require any improvement to your equipment?”

As he speaks, Algared looks over each of the band and then down at the pile of equipment. He pauses every so often as he seems to juggle his thoughts, imagining what each would be wearing and where he envisages weaknesses in their armor coverage would be.

‘As for the weapons, having seen Kugald need to draw his sword after his spear was damaged, I’d suggest everyone ensure they take a second weapon, which they will be able to use if required.

Find me some parchment and ink and I’ll keep a tally of all we have gathered as well if you like.”

Having said his piece he waits for the others to speak their thoughts. Before a final division is made.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:10 am

Algared wrote:Jurri do you require any improvement to your equipment?”.

Jurri shakes his head, "No. I have all I need. You do not need to allocate a share for me." (He's busy trying to compose his poem.)
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:02 am

Borygg says to Algared, "Well, the quilt tunic and leather vest I already have are holding up well, so I don't need to replace them. I'll take the mail byrnie if you'd prefer me to have it than yourself." He turns to Kugald and says, "If no one else wants it, I'll take your old half-helm to replace my old kurbul one."

Borygg then looks over the weapons, "Jarlak's balls, no mace. Looks like I'm hanging on to this old club for a while longer. At least I'll take the other spear to replace mine, if no one else is in need of one. If so, we'll be able to trade some of these other weapons for one. Maybe when we take the excess around for trade, I'll find someone who picked up a mace."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:14 pm

Algared looks over the equipment once the baulk as been allocated,

"Hrmm, his cloth cap (good quality) looks thicker than most, and those calf boots look a little better than my shoes, I'll take the cap and calf boots as well if no no one minds."

"Well I dont have a spear any more but I have a sword and an axe I can can use as a second weapon. Should no one desire that silver inlaid shield I'll exchange it for mine." Algared adds.

Last edited by Algared on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Barak is late to the party, having roamed about a bit.

"Well Kugald, which mail am I taking, the hauberk or byrnie?"

Barak takes what mail he is offered [OoC byrnie & cowl?]

He then says "My shield was smashed so if no one minds I will take this one" picking up the inlaid one. He looks around questioningly. "I'd also like to try out a sword if I am going to be front line." He selects a decent one "Anyone else claim this?"

"So, how are we going to share out the jewellry?"

PS: By "decent sword" he means a decent Shortsword.

Last edited by Barak Daas on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarifying type of sword)
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Barak Daas wrote:Barak is late to the party, having roamed about a bit.

"Well Kugald, which mail am I taking, the hauberk or byrnie?"

Barak takes what mail he is offered [OoC byrnie & coif?]

He then says "My shield was smashed so if no one minds I will take this one" picking up the inlaid one. He looks around questioningly. "I'd also like to try out a sword if I am going to be front line." He selects a decent one "Anyone else claim this?"

"Barak, Give the mail coif to Kugald but take the padded Gambeson, it looks to be good quality and likely to give better protection to most Also take one of the quilt cowls and one of the bynires as well. And as one of our front line, take what ever weapons you need that remain and by all means yes you take the shield you have greater need of it than I, and it looks to be a fine replacement for yours, not Anhu decoration but a fine shield non the less.

The reult should be Kugald will remain our heaviest armoured but you and Vidar, will be equally equipped and also heavily armoured. Of course if either of you wish the plate I will forgo it."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Barak sees Borygg's disappointment and says "I know you are looking for a mace, but have you considered the warhammer. It is a fine weapon. Not as good as a haakapik, but still better than a knarled stick."

And in response to Algarad, "You advice is good about the gamebeson, but I found my coat to bulky and restrictive for fighting in the line, which is why I left it at Ygresdram. I think the gamebeson will be the same. I'd prefer to look around to see if I can find someone with a decent tunic I can wear under the chainmail instead. That way my own tunic won't need to be covered in rust; but I will still be able to have the flexibility I need for the bow."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:47 pm

Kugald looks over the equipment.

"If no one else minds, I will take the hauberk and the 3/4 helm. Barak, I would like to give you my mail byrnie. I made it myself. It had a few flaws, but I fixed them. It has great sentimental value to me, but I would be honored if you would wear it. You can take the coif as well."

"Borygg, you should take the other byrnie and my half-helm."

Barak wrote:

"Excellent idea. That shield suits you. I agree, a sword will be a good secondary weapon. These spears of ours seem to be made of match wood!"

Barak wrote:

"Good question. Algared, what are those scraps of parchment worth?"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:06 pm

Barak Daas wrote:Barak sees Borygg's disappointment and says "I know you are looking for a mace, but have you considered the warhammer. It is a fine weapon. Not as good as a haakapik, but still better than a knarled stick."

And in response to Algarad, "You advice is good about the gamebeson, but I found my coat to bulky and restrictive for fighting in the line, which is why I left it at Ygresdram. I think the gamebeson will be the same. I'd prefer to look around to see if I can find someone with a decent tunic I can wear under the chainmail instead. That way my own tunic won't need to be covered in rust; but I will still be able to have the flexibility I need for the bow."

"Well cousin the Quilt tunic there looks to be a fine make, but I think you'll find the extra weight of the gambeson is negliable against the tunic and the gambeson will give better protection to your arms," with a laugh Algared says, "Your manhood and those legs which you like to sprint off into battle... you sure you're not a beserker?"

With a chuckle Algared adds, "But if you dont take the Gambeson then Vidar should exchange his for it... and if you lads in the front rank insist on turning your noses up at Ibanvaal gambesons, what was it Thorin said.. about the smell, then I'll gladly swap mine for it for it truely looks to be well made. That gambeson looks as though it could almost stand up by itself and its not because of the smell.

Though I'm not sure the warhammer serves as a club, looks to be more an axe than a club, I was thinking if you have used an axe it might be a better weapon for you." Algared laughs again, but then you are the one who has to use the weapon so try what you feel most comfortable with."

As for those parchments they appear to be bearer notes for the following value if redeemed from the whoever issued it... others may not be as willing to face value, if issued from the Dagan prince, who also decrees according to the parchemtn that no travel will be allowed between Froby and Ibanvval without a pass issued by him i would say amongst menglana's merchants the parchments may be worth half the face value or less. Unfortunately I did not take my fathers profession and can give little information about the notes except their face value, and where they were issued. Their face valuees are 970d, 590d, 630d, 480d and 380d."

Last edited by Algared on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Ok, now that everyone has had a chance to examine the items can I get a detailed list of what everyone is taking and who is carrying what... thanks
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Kugald Daas wrote:"Borygg, you should take the other byrnie and my half-helm."
"Thanks, Kugald, I'll do that."
Barak Daas wrote:Barak sees Borygg's disappointment and says "I know you are looking for a mace, but have you considered the warhammer. It is a fine weapon. Not as good as a haakapik, but still better than a knarled stick."
"I had thought of that, Barak, but felt it might be too different from what I am used to. I will take your advice and take one anyway. It may come in handy."

[OOC: I actually had thought of that yesterday when I saw the list of what we gathered. However, HM3 says that warhammers are in the Axe family, which Borygg has no skill in. He could open it at SB3 (ML=48) but with a mace his ML would be the same as a club (81). Here is what I don't get: While HM3 describes the Axe family as "hafted, edged weapons", the weapon data table says the warhammer has no edge impact, only blunt and point, which is in keeping with all the photos I have seen of war hammers. The given impact values seem to me to put the war hammer in the Club family, defined as "hafted, clubbing weapons". Does anyone know if this is an error in HM3? I'd gladly have Borygg take the war hammer if he can use it at his club ML.]
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:32 pm

Algared takes

Good quality cloth cap (unless borygg desire it, since with the excellent kurbul cap it will give be better protection I think than a plate half helm against B, P and F and only a little lower versus E, and be 2 lbs lighter)
Average quality calf boots,
Good quality breast plate.

If the Gambseon is not taken by Vidar, then Algared will exchange his gambeson for the good quality one, and if a quilt cowl remains, he will take that also.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:40 am

"I would be delighted to wear armour made by my cousin" Barak tries it on for size [OoC: does it fit?] "It could perhaps do with a couple of adjustments. I am not used to wearing mail"

Barak casts his eye over the pile of "discards" and this time spots the bow, he picks it up and examines it: "Borygg this is a great bow, the yew is fine grained and it has an excellent spring. If you are to be our archer, perhaps you should try the pull of the bow to see if it suits you. It looks like it will be accurate and hard wearing"

"I do not know why fools will hand over good silver for scaps of parchment, dosn't matter how pretty the marks on it. Give me gold, silver and gems any day."

[OoC: Barak so far has Kugald's Byrnie, the excellent mail cowl, the good shortsword and the good inlaid shield - if anyone disagrees now is the time to shout]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:55 am

Kugald assesses everything people have asked for and tries to come up with the fairest distribution:

Algared

- Cloth cap (good) (8d)
- Leather calf boots (64d)
- Quilt gambeson (260d)
- Plate breastplate (300d)
- Quilt cowl (good) (32d)
- Kurbul halfhelm (20d)

Approximate value = 684d

Barak

- Kugald's mail byrnie (660d)
- Silver inlayed round shield (84d approx.)
- Short sword (90d)
- Quilt cowl (32d)
- Mail coif (120d)

Approximate value = 986d

Borygg

- Kugald's halfhelm (100d)
- Spear (60d)
- Warhammer (90d)
- Mail byrnie (660d)

Approximate value = 910d

Jurri

- Quilt tunic (176d)
- Gold earrings (375d approx)
- Silver ring (26d approx)
- Silver broach (26d approx)
- Ivory pendant (10d approx)
- silver pennies (69d)

Approximate value = 682d

Kugald

- Mail hauberk (975d - 660d (value of his byrnie) = 315d)
- Three-quarter helm (175d - 100d (value of his halfhelm) = 75d)
- Spear (60d)

Approximate value = 450d (Kugald takes less to balance out the items that Barak and Borygg got)

Vidar

- Quilt cowl (32d)
- Leather gauntlets (16d)
- Raw agate (180d approx)
- 2 cut Cornelian (225d approx)
- Jade ring (188d approx)
- Silver pennies (41d)

Approximate value = 682d

Cunate Daas

- Usurers' note 970d x 50% = 485d approx
- Usurers' note 590d x 50% = 295d approx
- Usurers' note 630d x 50% = 315d approx
- Usurers' note 480d x 50% = 240d approx
- Usurers' note 380d x 50% = 190d approx
- gold coin = 320d

Approximate value = 1845d (Kugald will store these in his shoulder bag he carries with him)

Plus (from the previous battle):
- Usurers' note 360d x 50% = 180d approx
- gold coin = 320d

Approximate value = 500d (These are already in Kugald's shoulder bag)

Gifts to friends and relatives:

- Kurbul halfhelm (good) (20d)
- Ring halfhelm (28d)
- Cloth cap (8d)
- Leather vest (112d)
- Leather vest (112d)
- Leather shoes (24d)
- Leather calf boots (64d)
- Battle axe (100d)
- Short sword (90d)
- Club (12d)
- Short bow (24d)
- Round shield (42d)
- Round shield (42d)

Approximate value = 678d

After dividing up all the goods, Kugald heads off into the Daas warband with the battlesword (value 230d) over his shoulder. He hopes to trade it for 4 good spears.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next