6 Nuzyael 720

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:00 am

Hovik wrote:
Kugald Daas wrote:"We can travel together as far as Dalasjo. I am sure Jurri and Hovik will be safe for the final half league.

Hovik doesn't take the insult well. "We'd be safer the entire trip if we were on our own, rather than being escorted by a bunch of warriors that think the only source of safety is swinging a damn axe. You four can follow Jurri and me if you want - and if you are quick - but don't think you are protecting *us*."

Jurri listens to this exchange with interest. He didn't perceive any insult in Kugald's remarks, but decides that it would serve no purpose to say so. He's learning a little more about Hovik every day, it seems, this is just another opportunity.

As for his own safety, it's true he's made many such journeys. Most people consider it very bad luck to harm a skald, and some even believe they practice magic, so he seldom feels threatened. Still, he's aware of his limitations, and if they run into trouble, it is quite likely that Kugald will be leading the effort to save them, so he's not going to insult him, either.
avatar
Jurri Grebel

Posts : 425
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 50
Location : Austin, TX

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:23 am

With a sigh, Neirin leaves the group and returns to Clan Grebel, where he bids them farewell after restocking his arrows from a small stash near his bed. He then returns to the group to await their departure.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:38 am

"Kugald, I too will ride, its been too long since Ive ridden Crom anyway."

Thorin will pepare his horse, gather his kit, and see if he can secure some chains/irons in case things turn out badly.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:07 am

Kugald finds the chamberlain of the Daas household and he tells Kugald "I will make the necessary arrangements, return he in a quarter watch and will have what you need!"

Using this time both Kugald and Thorin arrange for sets of irons to taken with them. As the warband go about gathering their gear they see Hovik and Jurri leaving the thran heading along a path between two fields heading south.

By the time the rest of the warband have gathered their belongings together the quarter watch has expired and Kugald makes his way back into the thran past two huscarls standing guard at the gate.

Presenting himself to the chamberlain Kugald is given a letter stating that Kugald and any in his company are to be afforded hospitality as befits him conducting business for the Jarl.

He is also handed a coin purse containing 12d, "this should keep you for now!" the chamberlain adds.

Over a quarter of watch has passed when Kugald arrives at the meadhall - the warband gather their things and head south following the same trail that Hovik and Jurri left by....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:04 am

Kugald hustles around the thran, gathering his equipment and readying his horse.

He returns to the great hall and accepts the letter of introduction and coin purse from the chamberlain. "Thank you."

When he gets outside the great hall, he unties the coin purse and dumps the coins into his hand. "Twelve 'd'? That cheap bastard!" he says loud enough for the huscarls guarding the door to hear. They look at each other and smile. Kugald scowls, "At this rate, I will be as sober as a babe when I get back...Sarajin perish the thought..."

He makes his way down to the meadhall. Thorin, Algared, Neirin and Madrin are waiting. "Algared, did you bring that spare helm with you?" He shows them the tiny purse, "We might have to sell it after all. The chamberlain went cheap on us... At this rate, I might have to sell my silver ring to keep us in drink, Elkyries save us."

"Well, we should be off. Everyone have everything they need? Let's head for Upsala. Damn it, I'm thirsty already!"

In deference to Algared, Neirin and Madrin who don't have horses, Kugald walks, for now anyway.

As they head down the road, he turns to Algared, "So, what do you think of my new byrnie? Pretty nifty don't you think? I had to resize it, but it fits me nicely now." He starts to drone on about how it was his first armor project, and how he fixed his own apprentice errors and resized it, going into excruciating technical detail...this is going to be a long walk....

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:02 am

Kugald Daas wrote:
In deference to Algared, Neirin and Madrin who don't have horses, Kugald walks, for now anyway.

As they head down the road, he turns to Algared, "So, what do you think of my new byrnie? Pretty nifty don't you think? I had to resize it, but it fits me nicely now." He starts to drone on about how it was his first armor project, and how he fixed his own apprentice errors and resized it, going into excruciating technical detail...this is going to be a long walk....

Algared listens to Kugald speak with obvious pride in his new byrnie and tell of his crafting techniques, although long winded Algared notes that much like when he manipulates the etheral so Kugald manipulates the mundane metals with his skills, and he recalls that Hovik manipulated or aided the mundane to heal. Algared remembers how other portions of the wheel equate to the mundane. While not always understanding the technical details Algared endeavours to ask questions especially in matters that may aid his own future studies of the etheral.

As they walk the stops to group drink from their water bottles several times, while Algared merely takes a sip of water to wet his lips and mouth. As the others perspire under their load Algared seems not to, despite the fact he wears a quilted Gambeson and has his shield slung by tit's strap over his back ready to swing into position if required. Whilst he still carries his spear his right hand rests easily on the hilt of the broadsword about his waist in much the same fashion Kugald's left hand rests on his. Algared smiles as he realises that that is also Cunate's stance.

At another point Algared having been thingking about Gerherbt says, "I was thinking, we know gerherbt likes to play the game of politics and yet has little skill at the game. More so that he is easily duped, I was wondering if there may not be someone pulling his strings. In which case we will need to be cautious lest they seek to silence him before he Canute can question him."


Last edited by Algared on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor editiing correcting glaring gramatical errors)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Leaving the thran of Ygesdram and as Kugald enthralls Algared with his masterpiece of armoursmithing you see a body of men about 20 in number approaching along the road. They are armed, most appear to be carrying shields and spears, most seem to be wearing some sort of armour too. They continue to march north and pay you no particular attention at all.

You have gone no more than a 1/2 league or so before you enter the small thran of Sunder, a holding of the Daas, which lies at the junction of the road to Namjen and the road to Yetin. There are no more than 12-15 families here. The small thran lies amid cultivated lands and pastures, there is no walled fortification here.


Before long you enter a larger thran Jurri knows as Namjen. Like the majority of non coastal thrans here it lies amid the cultivated lands and pastures with a few woods in between. The thran of Namjen has around 30 families living here. You pass through with little attention being drawn to you.

Passing through another smaller thran the name of which is not known to any of you, it is similiar in size to Sunder before entering the thran of Dalasjo.

Leaving Dalasjo you pass through several other smaller thran with no more than 8-15 families within, like Sunder they have no walled fortifications and all lie amid cultivated fields and pastures. You find another armed band of men very similiar to first one only being more numerous, some 50 men make up this band.

Continuing along the road you arrive in Upsala by mid evening. Entering the thran from the main road from the east you see a thran of some 25 clanhouses comprising mostly fishing families, judging by the number of vessels beached. Nets and various other fishing utensils adorn the small dock. Numerous smoke trails emerge from the clanhouses, obviously cooking fires. The is very little activity within the thran at this time of day. With a walled fortification sitting atop a small hill to the south of the main thran....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:58 pm

The march to Upsala proves easy enough. Since it is on the main road, it is hard to get lost and the walk is easy. Kugald has been to the village before. On the way in, he says hello to a few people he recognizes vaguely. When they reach the clanhouse he introduces himself and his companions to the local valhakar. "We are travelling on business for the Daas and request lodgings and food, if it is not to much of an imposition. We will only be staying the one night."

Kugald stables his horse, removing the saddle and other tack, taking time to groom him and rub him down with hay. He gets some grain from the stable master to feed him. It has been an easy walk, so the horse isn't overly tired.

After a pleasant meal, some friendly conversation and a mead or two (just to wash down the dinner, you know), the weaponcrafter thanks his hosts for their fine hospitality and seeks out his sleeping quarters. He carefully oils his weapons and armor and stacks them next to the wool filled mattress his hosts have provided. Kugald curls up beneath his blanket and is soon fast asleep.

TTYL

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Thorin will find accomodation for his horse and gear, hopefully there is a stable, if not an inn.
After negotiating fodder and a brushing, he will feed crom an apple if one is avilable, a carrot otherwise.
He will slyly ask the stable hands of recent news here abouts....

Once settled he will rejoin Jurri, Algared and Kugald, carrying his kit in his shoulder, breathing the fresh mountain air...
again, wary of any danger.

As always, he will spy the local girls for any of fine features.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Taking the hospitality offered by the local Daas family, the head of the family you recognise from the great hall in Ygesdram he is part of the thrangaard. You share the clanhouse during the night sharing a meal, some drink, news and a few stories and songs.

During the night you notice that most of the men of age are preparing to leave, you are told that they are heading to Ygesdram tomorrow morning to make the muster.

Thorin finds out a little of the local news nothing of which grabs your attention for further questioning. There are several young ladies that grab Thorin's attention, but Madrin advises that it would be best not to bite the hand that feeds us on such a cold night.

After the meal and entertainment you are shown to an outbuilding used for storage where you are able to keep out of the weather and get a good night sleep.

With Kugald snooring softly Madrin says to the rest of the warband "What about if I were to claim there were errors in the tribute offered to the Jarl from clan Gerherbt. That might be enough to bring the Valhakar to Ygesdram without any suspicion."
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Algared on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:44 pm

GM wrote:With Kugald snooring softly Madrin says to the rest of the warband "What about if I were to claim there were errors in the tribute offered to the Jarl from clan Gerherbt. That might be enough to bring the Valhakar to Ygesdram without any suspicion."

Algared listens to Madrin's suggestion, 'That is feasible Madrin, and one that would likely encourage their Jarl to desire to travel without causing insult whilst also playing to his own self worth, especially if you handled it right, And my friend I am certain you have skill enough to handle any matter of law in such a matter as to see it is upheld and the required result achieved. This would also give you cause to check the Records as The Daas instructed without arrousing Gerbhert's suspicions, and again suits your gifts perfectly. I'm sure it is widely known that you have found indiscrepancies that have favoured the weaker man on numerous occassions, so I think your plan has merit and could making our role easier. However, that will depend upon the impact of Jurri and Hovik, will have in stirring the pot as you not doubt heard the suggestions being mooted around the Daas' table and they have more than likely already stirred that pot." Algared glances to where Kugald sleeps, "I am not sure why you seem to dislike Kugald but it would it be better to discuss your ideas in more detail on the 'morrow when all who are here can attend to the suggestion," Algared chucklers, without Kugald's snorring, Thorin, Neirin, and Madrin I would suggest we think over this approach overnight so we are better able to identify the pro's and cons as we provide Kugald with the possible plan of action.'

Algared tries to tread the middle road, but Madrin's decsion to raise the suggestion now as Kugald sleeps doesn't fit easily even though it is clear that he likes the idea devised by Madrin. He only wishes that Hovik hadn't been so pig headed in insisting that Jurri and he race off to stir trouble. He also wishes Madrin had raised the suggestion earlier preferabliy before jurri left as it would have better enabled them to compliment one another. As the others finally turn in Algared meditates for a couple of hours before he also lets sleep claim him.


Last edited by Algared on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:07 pm

"Your plan is sound, Madrin. If Gerbhert travels willingly to Ygesdram, the Daas will have an easier time asking his questions, for there will be no time for Gerbhert to harden himself for the interrogation and prepare his answers." Glancing at his snoring 'cousin', Neirin adds, "I agree with Algared that all of us should be aware of the plan though, or we will work against each other and it will fail."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:22 pm

Kugald rolls over. "Will you guys stop jawing and go to bed! And aye, I heard Madrin's plan, despite all my snoring. It is a good one, I agree, if we can trick the Valhakar into wanting to go to Ygesdram of his own free will, it will be far better for us. Let's finish this discussion with the light of dawn...."

With that, he pulls his blanket up over his head and resumes his snoring.

- Kerry
avatar
Kugald Daas

Posts : 632
Join date : 2009-06-04
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nuzyael 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum