From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

26 Nuzyael 720

+2
Barak Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

26 Nuzyael 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 26 Nuzyael 720

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 am

Algared wrote:[OOC: I also believed, as a healer he wouldn't be a combatant, however Neil earlier clarified that within Ivinian culture all free men fight as such there there are no non-combatants within the host.]

Algared looks up meeting your eyes as he says. "I swear, if another calls me a coward I will kill them or die defending my honour.".

(OOC: Jurri considers himself a non-combatant.)

Jurri listens to Algared's tale and watches his obvious agitation, thinking this is very much in contrast to his best state. He'll offer a bit of advice if Algared hits a slow spot: "Perhaps you should spend some time meditating with the water. Judging from what I've seen so far, it seems to calm you when you become...turbid. Once you are placid, like the water, perhaps things will be much clearer for you."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Barak says "Give me your bowl Algarad, and I'll go and fetch you some water" he then grins "...unless you'd like me to just throw you bodily in to the river" seeing Algarad's reaction he quickly adds "Just joking!"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:04 pm

OOC: Sorry, I was busy yesterday and didn't get this posted. It should fall right after Algared's post, though there is nothing that conflicts with the posts that follow.

Algared wrote:
"I went to Master Hervold, to offer what help I could
<snip>
Clearly he is no friend of mine but rather my enemy.
<snip>
If so many didn't need his skill to bring them safely from deaths door I would have struck him down..."

Kugald listens intently as Algared talks, nodding occasionally, but not interrupting.

Algared wrote:
"Ok, murdered the air around him, for the insult to my name.... Trice this month I have been called to fight, and I have no misconceptions about by inadequate skill at arms. They may laugh all they like at my skills, But no-man in this host has cause to infer I am a coward... to say because I hide behind the shield wall I wont need a healer anyway.

"Cousin, you are yet an apprentice at arms. There is no shame in that. Half the men in this army are the same or worse that you. Not everyone can be a great warrior. Your strength is in mysteries I cannot even begin to understand. And to any who would say you are hiding behind the shield wall, I would remind them that I chose you to be my shield partner. We are cousins and brothers-in-arms, and they would do well to remember that a feud with you is a feud with me."

He extends his hand, clamping Algared hard, wrist to wrist.

"Trust me cousin, I have your back against anyone."

Algared wrote:
Algared sighs, "If it were not for the sake of my sister, mother and the fact I am fulfilling my the obligations of my father's house to our lord Cunate, I would do as my feet and heart desire since I am such a ill omened, coward and failure and embarrassment to the host I would grant them there wish and leave.... but duty and honour demand I stay for Kylie, Barak, Jurri, Borygg, Vidar and you. "

"You are an honorable man Algared. You are right to be angry; Hervold's words were uncalled for. However, you were wise to stay your hand. Hervold's skill will save many this day and after the battles to come. Remember, he is old and stuck in the traditions of the past. Your skills are strange and inexplicable to him. People are like animals, they lash out at what they don't know and don't understand, and most of all, they lash out when they are afraid. It has been a long day. No doubt Hervold has been run off his feet and is exhausted, as are you. Words spoken in haste are words ill chosen."

"If it was a warrior who ill used you so, I would say 'let us go and teach him a hard lesson he will not soon forget', but he is a healer. They are known for being eccentric and hard to live with."

"Come, let us take some food and drink and let the sun set on this dispute. I am sure things will be less emotional in the morning."

Algared wrote:
"We're leaving? Good, sooner I am away from here the better... but if I am injured and require a healers hand and am unable to speak hold that ass hervold to his word.. he doesn't touch me period and you do not take me to the healers hall."

"No worries little cuz," Kugald rubs his hands together menacingly, "if you are injured, I will not take you to the halls of healing. Instead, I will practice my physician skills on you! I have to practice if I want to get better…ummm," Kugald winks, "I mean if I want YOU to get better…"

Kugald throws his arm around Algared's shoulders as they make their way back to the clanhouse.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:38 am

Barak Daas wrote:Barak says "Give me your bowl Algarad, and I'll go and fetch you some water" he then grins "...unless you'd like me to just throw you bodily in to the river" seeing Algarad's reaction he quickly adds "Just joking!"

What you want me casting those powerful magiks to try erase that wound to your hand? You know there are dangers involved?

So Kugald How long are we freed from the host?
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:15 am

"We will be out on sentry for only a day or so, while the army rests up from the march and two battles. I expect we will be on the march again within a couple days. Fear not little cuz, even with the army, it will not be hard to stay well away from Hervold."

"The real battle is yet to come. When we come out of the woods to the rear of the main Ibanvaalese army, it will be a battle to end all battles. The Ibanvaalese between us and the men at Froyaheim. I doubt we will have the element of surprise. By now, the survivors from today's battle will be running at top speed to catch up with their main army. They will know we are coming. However, our presence isolates them from the passes back to Ibanvaal. They will be trapped. It will be us or them..."

"I prefer THEM..." the weaponcrafter smiles wolfishly.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:18 pm

"So now we've sorted out what we're doing tomorrow" says Barak "what are we doing today?"

"I'd like to go hunting, but I expect that all the local game will have been scared off by the large host camped here. So it looks like a day of rest. Since I now have this sword" he says point to the scabard leaning up against his pack "I'd be happy to practice using it if anyone would like to be my sparing partner? Kulgald? Borygg?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Kugald smiles. "I am always up for a little sparring. I want to work on my sword work anyway."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:30 pm

At the mention of sparring, Vidar scrambles to his feet, "Oh, Aye! I would welcome the chance to spar with the likes of you, Kugald. You name the time and place! First however, there is a matter I'd like to discuss with Algared."

Vidar stands off to the side to discuss privately with Algared.

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Kugald Daas wrote:I am always up for a little sparring. I want to work on my sword work anyway."
"You are on then, Kugald, and I am sure there is plenty of time for Vidar to have a go to, or I am always willing to spar with Vidar too."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Barak Daas wrote:"I'd be happy to practice using it [my sword] if anyone would like to be my sparing partner? Kulgald? Borygg?"
Borygg laughs, "That would be a funny sight indeed, Barak, you using your new sword to whittle my club down to kindling. Nay, you're definitely better off sparring with Kugald."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:59 pm

[OoC: Ah, I thought you had picked up a sword at some stage, obviously a memory error on my part ;-)]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:17 am

Unless requested to spar Algared will find a quiet place and mediate upon both the Odivshie and neutral forces. He will also attempt to recast Chalsea's sponge and rest before meditating again upon the both Neutral and Odivshie.

I deleted your die roll but I saw the result a MS

Last edited by Algared on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:48 am

After talking on the side with Algared, Vidar excuses himself from the group and heads back towards the main host.

To Barak and Kugald as he walks away: "Don't wear yourselves out! I expect both of you to be in full-form when I return to administer a SOUND ass-beating to both of you!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:51 am

Borygg will spend some time looking over his weapons and armour to make sure they are in top condition. If he has a chance, he will find a place to practice his archery skills.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:18 am

While Algared and Vidar sit inside the clanhouse talking quietly to themselves, Barak and Kugald take to the thranhold compound and find an out of the way spot and begin to go through the basics of swinging a sword. Meanwhile Borygg finds a bigger area where he can launch a few arrows. Jurri when he is not conversing with his companions sits quietly at the bench constructing verse and melody for some new tune.

Borygg is the first to return to the clanhouse after spending some time out practicing his archery (like he needed to Wink ) After an hour so Barak's arm begins to tire, not used to the specific actions of sword fighting his muscles are not strengthened for such a use. So Kugald and Barak find a spot in the clanhouse where they do not disturb Algared or Jurri as they go about their own private tasks. Vidar has as yet not returned to the clanhouse.

As each of you goes about donning your armour and checking your gear, you all notice that with the pace of this campaign your gear is starting to look a little worse for wear. Links in chain have been/are broken, your tunics and leggings are dirty and/or stained with either your own blood or the blood of an opponents, with the thread in some places nearly worn through and your boots have become caked in mud. The thread sewn in to your leather packs is starting to become exposed and thin, metal buckles have broken. Sword blades and axeheads are nicked and spear heads have become blunt.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:27 am

Barak can't do much about most of that littany, but he will use his wetstone to smooth down nicks and sharpen blades. If any of his arrows are damaged (they are new so shouldn't really be) then he'll try correcting the worse with his archery skills.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:38 am

Noticing the filthy state of everyone's clothing, Borygg will look around by the river and see if there are any thralls washing clothes. If so, he'll ask the others if anyone wants to have anything washed. He'll change into his spare cloth leggings and tunic and take his dirty ones (and anyone else's) down to the river. He'll try to find a thrall who looks almost finished and see if he can't get them to wash ours as well.

Edit by GM Gathering up everyones clothing you put it in a cloth sack that you have found laying around the clanhouse. Taking a stroll down to the river you can see there are several men that are not only washing their clothes, they appear to washing bandages and other cloth that has become soiled during it's use. There are no thralls washing clothes down by the river. The men you can see certainly appear to be the younger members of their clan.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:35 am

Having mediated, Algared returns and begins to prepare the evening meal. Taking a protion from everyones supplies to produce a warm meal. Setting aside some oats ready to be cookied early before they head out on guard duty knowing it will be the last warm meal they have until they return. He then sees to cleaning and repairing his kit, rubbing oil into his boots and leathers.

Once he has eaten the evening meawl and his kit is cleaned and repaired he goes to bed early, intending to rise and prepare a porridge to to be serverd with dried fruits and preserves.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:58 am

Barak (politely) points out that there are tons of supplies in the clanhouse - more than we can carry - courtsey of the Dass and the Ibanvaalers, so why don't we use those.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:08 pm

Barak Daas wrote:Barak (politely) points out that there are tons of supplies in the clanhouse - more than we can carry - courtsey of the Dass and the Ibanvaalers, so why don't we use those.

Algared shrugs and then says well co=uz lets go shopping, we can up our older rations ans resupply ourselves with rations that will better suit are role as guards, I dont intend that we'll be having a hot meal while out.. too much risk of the fire or smoke giving away our position.. But we may find some honey for the oats and in the morning and herbs or spices or something we can add to this evenings meal. Hrmmm would be worth preparing some bread if we can find and acquiore the ingredients. Supplies being present and we being able to aqcuire them may well be two totally different things.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Vidar returns, saying to Barak and Kugald, "I hope you two haven't tuckered yourselves out!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Vidar Orbaason wrote:Vidar returns, saying to Barak and Kugald, "I hope you two haven't tuckered yourselves out!"
"Don't worry, I am still able to give you a 'SOUND ass-beating' even with one hand tied behind my back - and I'll allow you to choose which hand."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:41 pm

Jurri will look up from his work long enough to contemplate how these respective ass-beatings will play out in his verse.

"Make it a fight to remember, you two. It may make you immortal."

OOC: Toss in some backflips and slo-mo dodges, a la The Matrix, while you're at it. Smile
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:45 pm

Vidar squares off initially with weaponry. If Barak is up to it, though, Vidar would like to engage Barak in unarmed combat as well. It's been a while, and it's the form of combat Vidar prefers.

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:34 am

As Barak and Vidar square off against each other outside, they first melee with spear and shield and after only a few bouts Vidar learns that Barak has more than his measure. Vidar then challenges Barak to a melee with axe and shield, Barak nods and although the fight is somewhat closer Vidar concedes that if this were real then he will need a bit of the Grey Slayers attention to carry the fight.

Vidar sensing that he might yet be able to show some dominance with some grappling, again challenges Barak to some unarmed fighting. Barak although weary accepts Vidar's challenge. The fight seems fairly even with each of the warriors being able to pin their opponent, soon Vidar begins to dominate the brawl, yet he feels it has more to do with the fact that Barak is tiring than anything thing else.

Deciding that each of the warriors has had enough, the call their training quits. They move towards the well together and each drinks heavily from the bucket that is tied to the well. After a little over a 1/4 watch the men re-enter the clanhouse, their clothes stained in sweat and dirt.

Not long after Barak and Vidar return to the clanhouse, Borygg returns from the river with wet clothes, that he promptly hangs inside the clanhouse near the hearth fire to dry.

Algared has started to prepare the evening meal. It would appear that while the previous inhabitants have done their best to either take what they could or suplement their rations with those left behind, the band is still able to find several items of use. A half empty pot of honey is located in a chest, along with several other items to flavour a meal. It would appear though that most of the food left behind would be hard tack left when the Ibanvaalers fled, although several bags of oats, rye and other grains could be found.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next