From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Nuzyael 720

4 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

4 Nuzyael 720 - Page 5 Empty Re: 4 Nuzyael 720

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:43 am

Kugald looks over the booty. Neither of the 3/4 helms fit him, so he leaves them to the others. He takes a good quality hand axe for himself as a secondary weapon. He notices Algared holding back. He has noticed he is not enjoying the victory as much as the rest of the band. Kugald knows he did not get a chance to defeat an enemy on his own and he thinks Algared is concerned about his worthiness as a warrior.

Kugald picks up one of the broadswords. It is not the most ornate, or flashy. He swings it about, testing its balance. It is a good solid sword. "I claim this sword as my prize." No one objects. Then, he flips it around, catching it by the blade and presents it to Algared. "You can carry this for me until you win a better one. And if you are going to carry a blade little cousin, then you best learn how to use it. We begin training on the morrow."

He smiles at his cousin's surprise.

Kugald ensures that Captain Sheld and his men get their fare share. He will speak with the Jarl later about the war thralls and weregild for the sailors who died.

After everyone has finished, Kugald heads to the smithy and his old master. The weaponcrafter is hard at work. He shows him the Ibanvaalese hand axe he has claimed. "Serviceable work, with good balance," Jorri Daas replies. "I am surprised you have not taken more." "What I wanted was not there, master. Do you remember that gold comb my father left for me?" The smith nods. "In combat, I realised that it would be of precious little use to me if I was dead. What I really want is a mail byrnie. I spent many hours pulling wire, forming rings and riveting them into mail. I know that they were destined for the huscarls and senior warriors, but I wonder, would you take this comb in trade for one? It is easily worth 1/3 more than a byrnie. The comb has little personal value to me and if we are to go to war, I will either win glory and be able to afford a dozen such combs, or I will be dead and have need of none.”

Kugald hopes his old master has an extra byrnie in his store. Making his own will take Kugald months and he doesn’t have the time.

TTYL

Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:50 am

Kugald notes Algared's suggestion and agrees, Hovik's actions were worthy of much praise.

"Aye, he has earned a reward. I will speak privately to the Daas as soon as I get a chance. At very least, he needs to know that Hovik is an escaped Ibanvaalese war thrall and I have claimed him for my own!" Kugald replies in a quiet, conspiritorial tone, followed by a broad wink and a smile.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:15 am

Before leaving the great hall, Algared takes a new a sheild, and ponders a while before taking a gambeson and the small 3/4 helm, if it is is still in the pile. He knows his words to Kugald may seem hollow as he takes the gear, even if he intends to surrender it all to ensure Hovik recieves his due reward, but he is also aware the Daas suggested another mission for the band and if they are ill-equiped then it could be their group that lie dead or bound as thralls after the next fight.

Carefully packing his belongings Algared then walks home, he knows he isn't the favoured son of his father, nor liked by his fathers first wife and his half brothers, but looks forward to greeting his mother and sister. He knows his young sister will likely meet him as he approaches their home. Looking to the sun he notes the time needed before returning to the halls as requested by the Daas for the feast. Algared sighs knowing that he had chosen to fast this day and inwardly wishes the trip had taken just a watch or two longer.

As he walks into the clanhouse he is greeted warmly by he mother and sister. Even his half brothers greet him in a friendly fashion and Algared listens to their empty praises. Algared's father also speaks of his efforts and eyes the small pile of plunder as if Algared should have taken as much as he could. His mother fuses over him and upon hearing a feast is being held and the warband have been asked to return before sundown, insists Algared washes and put on his best clothes.

When His half brothers reach for the broadsword and laugh that Algared sees himself as a lord, Algared tries to explain Kuglad chose it and gave to him so he could be trained in its use. Algared's mother and sister look upon the sword and grin broadly. Eventually Skorri takes the blade and sheath from the brothers and sends them to the stock room to count bales. He places the sword down on the pile once more with a nod.

Algared's sister takes the blade and sheath and while Algared if chastened by his mother, having his beard neathly trimmed and ensuring his best clothes are ready and brushed she polishes the sheath, before cleaning anand rubbing grease into the seams of his shoes to polish them also.

When finally dressed Algared heads to the temple to pray and worship before finally returning the greathall before sunset.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Hovik wrote:Hovik responds enthusiastically, even though he's dead tired. "I think you are on to something, Thorin! But I have a question for Neirin. Could the Yarili have summoned some kind of monster to protect themselves from the Ibanvaalers? It seems this started after the Ibanvaalers and Yarili first came into conflict."

Neirin smiles at his friend. "Hovik, you believe too many stories told to frighten small children. My people are not witches who summon monsters to their aid. We are simple hunters. And if the invaders did threaten one of the clans, they would remain hidden or move to new lands rather than risk the losses that would come from battle. We are not a warlike folk."

The hunter seems distant for a time, reminded of the loss of the hunting party that was his responsibility. "I was there when they were lost. It was not a monster, but the winter itself that consumed them." Neirin is again quiet, and moves away from the group, his grief from the tragedy renewed for a time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm

When the offer is extended by the Daas, Neirin selects a sturdy handaxe for himself, nodding his thanks to the Valhakar. There would come a time when his bow would not serve him so well as it had during the battle that morning, and he would need something better than his small dagger.

Leaving the hall, the hunter returns to the house of Kelsi Grebel, hoping his friend has returned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:05 am

Thorin tries the helmet on for size....its a bit small, and likely will rub his skin raw....
(OOC: Thorin is a size 7.)
"Algared, here take this....its too small for me.....Ill take this half helm instead..." (its an 8, one size larger but should fit well enough.
"these gambesons smell like Ibanvaalers, ill not wear one."

Thorin will select the best unclaimed shield, and will ask Kugald about finding a mail byrnie also.

"Im off to the inn to revel in our victory...anyone care to join me? There's flagons enough for us all!!"

Then he will cloister himself away at the inn with several flagons, and as many lasses that he can entice to join him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:50 am

Thorin Ulfhednar wrote:Thorin tries the helmet on for size....its a bit small, and likely will rub his skin raw....
(OOC: Thorin is a size 7.)
"Algared, here take this....its too small for me.....Ill take this half helm instead..." (its an 8, one size larger but should fit well enough.
"these gambesons smell like Ibanvaalers, ill not wear one."

Thorin will select the best unclaimed shield, and will ask Kugald about finding a mail byrnie also.

"Im off to the inn to revel in our victory...anyone care to join me? There's flagons enough for us all!!"

Then he will cloister himself away at the inn with several flagons, and as many lasses that he can entice to join him.

Algared takes the offered 3/4 helm from Thorin, giving him his thanks. As thorin reaches for the half helm Algared says "Thorin isn't the other 3/4 helm about the same size as that half-helm?"

As Thorin mentions heading to the inn, Algared smiles. "That sounds enticing indeed my friend, but I must go to my father's house and I should like to go to the temple before we return here."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:54 am

Kugald
Jorri eyes off the piece of jewellry. Then he beckons Kugald to follow him into a back storeroom off the smithy.

Jorri opens a chest with a key from around his neck, " thought this day would come eventually" as he opens the chest there is mail byrnie wrapped in cloth. Jorri takes out the byrnie, it is immediately recognised by Kugald. It was his first successful attempt at making mail armour.

There were several attempts before this one but this was his first effort that bore fruit. Jorri says "I knew you would be needing this some day, so I kept it for you." Holding it up he casts a skilled eye over the byrnie and says "it needs a few links repaired and a few touches here and there" then passes it to Kugald "I think you now have the skills to repair it in no time at all"

Kugald spends the rest of the afternoon talking with Jorri who is full of questions about their journey. He offers not to chat about the battle unless Kugald brings up the topic. The two men are left alone as the other journeymen and apprentices go about the work in the smithy so that they can talk in private.

Time seems to fly before Kugald looks towards the western sky and fast disappearing sun, rising Kugald and the others wash and prepare themselves for the evening feast.

Hovik
With a nod from the Daas Hovik is excused from the meeting. He quickly leaves the greathall and makes his way across the compound to Hervold's clanhouse.

As he enters the clanhouse he sees Hervold going about the business of treating the wounded. When he sees Hovik enter a broad smile beams across his face "Welcome home,my friend, although I have not had time to check all the wounded properly you have done a excellant job getting them home alive"

Hervold offers Hovik a chance to complete some of the work he has started and the next several hours are spent treating the wounded before Hovik washes off the blood of these men and dons his best clothes before making his way to the greathall for the feast.

Hervold asks Hovik before he leaves for the feast "Pass on my apologies to the Jarl I have work here to do." Hervold insists that Hovik attend and that all will be fine here.

Thorin

Thorin leaves the greathall and makes his way to the meadhall. On entering he can see that the meadhall is about half full. Taking a seat at an empty table you are soon greeted by Shella "Thorin, I have not seen you for a few days, good to have you back, the usual for you?" she beams at you.

It appears news of your adventures have not yet reached the meadhall. Apart from Shella's greeting the mood within the hall is a bit sombre.

As you sit drinking your second tankard several of Ulauf's apprentices enter the hall. Seeing you sitting at the table by yourself ask to join you. Soon they are talking about your trip and although young they ask you for the story on your battle. As you retell the story the other men in the hall gather around you, so to do the working girls, Shella is kept busy with tending the customers but does manage to catch portions of the conversation as she makes her way back and forth serving drinks.

As more people enter they notice the crowd and join before long there are nearly 20-30 people listening to your stories of your trip away.

Before long your audience begins to filter away as time for the feast nears. After several meads you decide that it is time to return. You make your way back to the barracks building where you wash and prepare yourself for the feast. While you are there several of the other huscarls greet you on your return with a pat on the shoulder and a "well done".

Neirin
After leaving the greathall with the other members of the warband he returns to the Grebel clanhouse where he is greeted by the Grebel family. Kelsi is not about but while Neirin is there he is told the Kelsi was the man who found the spy trying to leave Ygesdram and it was Kelsi that brought him back to stand the Daas' judgement.

Aparently Kelsi spoke with the Daas only yesterday when he packed for a trip saying only "that he would be gone for about a tenday and not to worry he would be back soon." He did not say where he was going though.

Neirin too spends time with his family they are glad to see him home safe and sound. Before long he too prepares himself for the upcoming feast.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:12 am

Hovik exchanges his bloody tunic for one less stained. He washes his bloody clothes in a basin, and hangs them to dry.

Hovik is content with Hervold's work, and but before he considers his duties to be fully discharged, he checks on the sailors. He insists on checking all their wounds - no matter how minor - to make sure they aren't infected. (If they are already at the inn, he conducts his business there.) It is quite late before he allows himself to join in the drinking. Having no coin of his own - and absolutely no pride whatsoever - he accepts whatever charity is offered. But before he finishes even half of his flagon, he is fast asleep.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:58 pm

Jurri already has a new shield from the captured items and will add a handaxe if one is still available.

He will head to the meadhall and lose himself in songs and storytelling.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:12 pm

GM wrote:
Jorri opens a chest with a key from around his neck, " thought this day would come eventually" as he opens the chest there is mail byrnie wrapped in cloth. Jorri takes out the byrnie, it is immediately recognised by Kugald. It was his first successful attempt at making mail armour.

There were several attempts before this one but this was his first effort that bore fruit. Jorri says "I knew you would be needing this some day, so I kept it for you." Holding it up he casts a skilled eye over the byrnie and says "it needs a few links repaired and a few touches here and there" then passes it to Kugald "I think you now have the skills to repair it in no time at all"

Stunned and speechless, Kugald accepts the mail byrnie. He looks it over, letting the links spill through his hands. He notes a few links where the rivet had been poorly set, but his journeyman eyes are still impressed with his apprentice effort.

"I am humbled master, that you kept this for me." He reaches into his bag and draws out the gold comb. Jorri holds up his hand in protest. Kugald shakes his head. "I still wish to give this to you master…if not for the byrnie, then for your patience and example." He pauses.

"Please, take it. If you don't want it, then keep it and give it to my mother if I don't return. She will need it more than I."

GM wrote:
Kugald spends the rest of the afternoon talking with Jorri who is full of questions about their journey. He offers not to chat about the battle unless Kugald brings up the topic. The two men are left alone as the other journeymen and apprentices go about the work in the smithy so that they can talk in private.

Time seems to fly before Kugald looks towards the western sky and fast disappearing sun, rising Kugald and the others wash and prepare themselves for the evening feast.

As the afternoon wears on, Kugald recounts the brief trip. His voice betrays some excitement as he comes to the skirmish. He cannot conceal his pride as he tells Jorri of his exploits. Jorri smiles. Kugald is still young. A few injuries or the loss of a friend will temper his enthusiasm for battle.

Jorri clasps Kugald's hand in a firm grip, no longer master to apprentice, but man to man. "Go, spend time with your friends, enjoy your victory…but I expect you at the forge tomorrow morning fixing those apprentice mistakes in your new mail shirt!" Kugald laughs and agrees, leaving the mail shirt in Jorri's care for one more night.

On his way out of the smithy, he sees Algared on his way to pray. "May I join you cousin?" The two walk to the small temple. They offer prayers for the dead, and thanks for the courage to fight and their victory. Again, noting Algared's poor spirits, Kugald puts his massive arm around his shoulder as they walk out of the temple. "Cousin, cease this constant dwelling on what you didn't do in the skirmish, and focus on what you did to. You held your ground. You kept your courage and wits about you. You followed orders and you helped your shield mates. Not everyone will be the hero. Some will just hold the line, allowing others to act. This time, you held the line. Your time for heroics will come. You understand mysteries I can't even contemplate. When the time comes, your skills will be the only thing between death and us. Then, your inner hero will shine."

"Now, enough of this melancholy and praying. We have a victory to celebrate!" Whether he wants to go or not, Kugald drags Algared to the meadhall. There, they join the others already in their cups. The young weaponcrafter pulls out his purse and declares, "Drinks for all my shield companions," dragging Hovik to his side, "especially my physician friend. May I never have need for his ministrations!" A cheer rises up from the mead hall…

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Thorin will entice (or hire) some companionship fo rthe night, and secure a private room.
Seeing Hovik beginning to nod off:

"Hovik!" He says easily hefting Hovik onto a shoulder, "This is not the time for resting! We have lasses to entertain and more flagons yet!"

To the others, "It looks like Hovik is getting a cat-nap, before the real battle begins behind closed doors....well played Hovik....I wish Id thought of it!"

Thorin then gently carries Hovik to the private room where the lasses are waiting......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:16 pm

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZ . . . huh? . . . ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:07 pm

As he walks to the temple he smiles as his cousin joins him to pray. "Of course Kugald, join me. I am sure the Grey Slayer would love to hear from you as well."

Kugald wrote: "Cousin, cease this constant dwelling on what you didn't do in the skirmish, and focus on what you did to. You held your ground. You kept your courage and wits about you. You followed orders and you helped your shield mates. Not everyone will be the hero. Some will just hold the line, allowing others to act. This time, you held the line. Your time for heroics will come. You understand mysteries I can't even contemplate. When the time comes, your skills will be the only thing between death and us. Then, your inner hero will shine."

Algared smiles at his cousins concern, "Indeed Cousin, it is true I have learned of mysteries and powers beyong those of of battle, and yet as yet I only scratch the surface of what there is to know. I am not disappointed that I was no hero, I wish I could have done more, as I look back I see things I could have done to slow or stop their charge had I merely held the line. Though maybe even their the grey slayer was leading us and saying as you that my time has not yet come. I wish to pray and worship Sarajin for it is right to do so to thank him for victory." algared looks at Kugald with mock suprise, "what you thought because I have knowledge of the esoteric I would have given up on my faith?" Algared laughs deeply, "No indeed it has, if anything strengthened it, for all our skills surely come with his grace." Kugald smiles as Algared's spirits are lifted by this cousin's company.

The pair pray for the dead, asking the Sarajin to remember their bravery and also give praises to sarajin for their victory. Algared's prayers are not as melanchony as Kugald may have been expecting from his younger cousin given his dampened spirits. As they finish their prayers and leave the temple, Kugald again slaps his arm around his cousin,

Kugald wrote: Now, enough of this melancholy and praying. We have a victory to celebrate!" Whether he wants to go or not, Kugald drags Algared to the meadhall. There, they join the others already in their cups. The young weaponcrafter pulls out his purse and declares, "Drinks for all my shield companions," dragging Hovik to his side, "especially my physician friend. May I never have need for his ministrations!" A cheer rises up from the mead hall…

"Indeed cousin, there is much to celebrate," Algared laughs as he looks down at his polished shoes. You know Kyli spent half the afternoon polishing the sheath of the sword and my shoes, I think my sister was very proud of it, father even sent the my half brothers off to count the stock though he said little. That i think is high praise from him, I know I am not his favoured son." as the pair enter the great hall Algared sighs then laughs, "what day to have chosen to fast, not hard when it is merely rations but a feast.. ahh Sarajin does have a sense of humour."

As Kugald raises his toast, "where is Hovik and Thorin for that matter. " He says as he and Kugald search the room for the healer.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:58 pm

Flagons of mead in hand, Kugald and Algared go in search of Thorin and Hovik. The two walk around the corner and fling back the curtain. They discover Hovik in flagrante delicto with not one, not two, but THREE of the local serving girls. Thorin is on the next bed with just one girl, but is preoccupied. Kugald and Algared back out quietly, not wanting to interrupt him, since Hovik was fully 'engaged' in unarmed combat. One of the girls looks up, catching the weaponcrafter's eye and smiles like a she-wolf.

The two return to the main hall where Jurri is regaling the crowd with his stories, "So where is Hovik? Is he sleeping?"

Kugald raises his eyebrows and says with a hint of shock, "He's not sleeping...that's for sure!" Kugald relates what he had seen. Everyone is in shock and awe of the little physician.

Everytime a moan, sceam or giggle emerges from the back room, the remaining members of the warband raise a toast, "CHARGE", to Hovik's prowess in 'full frontal assaults'.

"I hope they don't take too long, we still have our victory feast to attend. By the sound of things, I might have to 'rescue' Hovik with brute force to get us there on time."

TTYL

- Kerry

Last edited by Kugald Daas on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 pm

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:32 am

Despite your obvious weariness, the day is not done yet. With sunset approaching several of your neighbours suggest the time is right for you to attend the feast.

You all make your way to the greathall.

There quite a crowd has begun to gather, you are shown into the greathall and are shown to seating near the head table quite the honour on this occassion. You are seated near the thrangaard towards the head table, given your station within your clan you are usually seated towards the rear of the hall.

The three hearth fires are burning well with three pigs roasting nicely on the fires, they have been roasting for some hours now and look nearly ready to serve.

The is much bluster and merriment as the night moves along.

The ale and mead flows freely and before long the food is served, roast pig, boiled cabbage, beans, cheese, dried fruits and bread make up the main course.

After the food is done Cunate orders the hall into silence "We have reason to gather here tonight, we celebrate our first victory against Ibanvaal, our warriors stood against their number and defeated them in fair combat." Cheers ring out from the assembled warriors.

Allowing silence to fall once again Cunate continues "We have a struggle ahead of us, we are beset with spies among us and a determined enemy ahead of us, but we are blessed with the Storzar behind us!" pausing for a second or two the Daas continues "the Daas are up to the challenge, we now gather for war and we will march to aid our friends"

Cunate then takes his seat and from the head table begins a low "Daas, Daas, Daas" the tempo builds ending in the bellowing "DAAS, DAAS, DAAS" before ending riotious roar.

Cunate then beckons Jurri to come forward and offer the feast song and story.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:02 am

Seated near the head of the table, Algared smiles he had never thought to seat so close to the Thrangaad, still being six days from his twnty-first birthday, an honour indeed. Kugald laughs his pride and pleasure also clearly evident. At one point Algared reaches across and slaps Hovik on the back in true frienship, waking the exhausted healer from his attempted nap as he pulls him closer to be heard over the din. "Wine, women and song eh Hovik? What an honour and near the tables' head!"

Content to sip his mead sparingly lest it go to his head on an empty stomach he watches the joy and pleasure of the thran and his companions as they feast and celebrate.

Algared joins in the chant of "Daas, Daas, Daas" and smiles broadly as Jurri is called upon to give the feast song and story. Another great honour.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 am

Hovik tries to stay awake. His hair is thoroughly tousled and his clothes rumpled. He looks exhausted.

"I'm afraid I'm too used up to appreciate it. Three of them today. It's hard - but when you are that position, you have to put everything you have into it."

"The two with the chests, I really had to go deep for them. It takes a lot of effort for that kind of penetration. The third one was more a matter of just taking the time. You have to work by touch, and tease it just right. You can't rush it. What makes it especially hard is that they all need attention at once."

"But I've done more. I lost count my last night at Froyby."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:06 am

Thorin aloud in a raucous roar of laughter..."Hovik, do you mean the girls or the wounded?!?" "Hahahah!!" and sloshes more mead, while slapping his back.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:23 am

Taking the floor, Jurri will lead with several celebratory songs to fit the mood, encouraging all to join in. That is followed by a skaldic poem he's been working on praising the Daas and the Storzar for their cunning and solidarity in the face of difficult odds. He will then tell the tale of the Battle of the Leim Shore, pouring all his oratorical skill into providing a dramatic and thrilling account of the confrontation with the Ibanvaalers. The bravery and skill of his companions will be highlighted in turns, as will that of Sheld and his fine crew. Each man is named and receives praise for his part, no matter how much or how little he may have done. There are no cowards in this tale. He will end with a few rousing war songs to foretell the coming battles and, finally, a poem praising Sarajin's victory over the Pradeyalkri.

With that, he will bow first to the Daas and then to the rest of the assembly, and take his seat.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:34 am

The Daas followed by the rest of the crowd leap to their feet in praise of the fine performance of the young skald.

With the formalities of the evening over the tables and benches are moved to the side of the hall. Jugs of mead and ale are placed upon the tables and the warriors are left to their own devices, while the servants begin the long night of cleaning up. Several other skalds begin the task of entertaining the revellers.

Sweld Storzar approaches Thorin, he seems a little envious of the young huscarl fighting his first battle, but is also grateful to his friend for his consoling words and for completing his task to Froyaheim and now Sweld seems more at ease now that it is apparent that the Daas is marching to aid his father.

Before long the hall is cleared of all but the warriors....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:38 am

As Jurri finishes his tale and bows, Algared will applaud loudly with others in the greathall having enjoyed the tales and songs.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:54 am

"Sweld!!"

"What say you now?" Clasping his friend by the shoulder.

"Dont look so down....you will yet have the opportunity to spill Ibanvaaler blood."

"In the meantime......" Thorin hands him a jug of ale, and eyes the fresh ladies......
Leading a sleepy Hovik on one arm and Sweld on the other to a corner of the hall....

"Fighting makes one thirsty......among other things!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:20 am

Hovik is still baffled by Thorin's earlier statement. Girls? Where did that idea come from?

But Hovik is bored by the revelries. He politely sits through it, and takes advantage of the free meal. When Thorin tries to direct his attention to the women, he begs off, "I draw my amusements from that which is above the waistline, my friend." While he is scrupulously polite, and if any suggest otherwise he will protest that he is having a great time, it is obvious that he's just marking time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next