From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8 Nuzyael 720

+2
Kugald Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

8 Nuzyael 720 - Page 4 Empty Re: 8 Nuzyael 720

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:11 am

Hovik steps back in. He says quietly but urgently to Kugald, "We have one watch, maybe a little more, left to us today. Let's not waste it asking the same questions to the same people here in Milnheim. Every moment our horses are idle is a moment our most valuable advantage is wasted."

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:39 am

"So, if he didn't head back north to Daaslund and," he nods to Hovik, "the men at the wharf say they didn't take him across the river to Trond, then the only real route left to him is south towards Burnstad. Unless, he walked all the way here, only to turn around and walk back, cross-country to Nupon, which seems highly unlikely."

"As much as I hate to admit it, Hovik seems to have a nose for out-guessing Reike."

"Finish up your beer and meals, boys."

"Thorin, you and I will ride ahead at best speed to try and catch him. The rest of you will have to walk. Head south to Burnstad and beyond with all speed. If we catch up to him, we will try and capture him and ride back until we meet you, otherwise, we will leave word in the villages along the road. Follow until you catch up."

"Algared, you are in charge of the group while Thorin and I are gone." He looks directly at Hovik, before expanding his gaze to Algared and the rest of the group. "I don't want any infighting while I am gone, or the participants will have to answer to me when we meet again."

Kugald wolfs down his food and beer. He quickly unloads the excess gear from Gauk and as soon as Thorin joins him, they mount up and ride for Burnstad at best speed.

OOC: Thorin and I will check in at houses along the road to see if anyone has seen Reike. When we reach Burnstad, we will check at the waterfront to see if he took a boat and in the village to see if he passed through or is staying there. If we get word of him, we will alter our course to follow. If not, we will press on south at best speed until dark.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:49 am

"I loathe riding....but I suppose it must be done...."

"The sooner we flush this rabbit from his hole the sooner we can get on to real work!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:26 am

Barak says "Here we go again. It is normally me who is chasing the wild goose. Hovik, I hope you are right this time."

Barak starts to gather this things, and check that they are okay. He'll pay particular attention to his bow - he may be needing it.

"Well Algared what do we do now? Are we going to get some provisions while we may, or are we chancing our luck for hospitality down the road?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:45 am

Barak Daas wrote:Barak says "Here we go again. It is normally me who is chasing the wild goose. Hovik, I hope you are right this time."

Barak starts to gather this things, and check that they are okay. He'll pay particular attention to his bow - he may be needing it.

"Well Algared what do we do now? Are we going to get some provisions while we may, or are we chancing our luck for hospitality down the road?"

Gathering his own belongings from the horses Algared shoulders the backpack. Looking to Barak he smiles and replies, "We should be able to make Burnstad before nightfall at the least. We will seek provisions there, though if light permits we'll also press on towards Genij. It will save us a little on weight, and if we must go hungry tonight we'll remedy that on the morrow. I also dislike travelling without provisions but I dislike the widening gap between our friends and us. Besides with luck they'll be returning before we reach Burnstad."

Looking into the distance Algared watches the horsemen shrink in size becoming dots as the band follows.

Last edited by Algared on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Both Thorin and Kugald spur their horses on towards Burnstad.

You arrive with just under a watch left of daylight. The thran consists of not more than 20 clanhouses plus numerous out buildings and the like. Your arrival finds the thran winding down for the day, a few farmers and the like are still out tending their fields but most have returned to the thran. A few fishing vessels have returned but several still remain out fishing.

The thran has a building level of activity as the thran concludes it's work for the day.

You bring your horses into the empty market square as people around you go about their business.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:28 pm

As they arrive in Burnstad's market square, Kugald dismounts and leads his horse to the well. He draws water to fill up the nearby trough and lets Gauk and Thorin's horse drink. He ties the horse to a convenient hitching post.

Kugald looks around for someone who has been around the village during the day. He spies an older woman spinning in front of her clanhouse.

"Excuse me, goodwife, but have you seen a stranger coming into the village today? His name is Reike Gerherbt." Kugald describes him to her. "My friend and I were supposed to travel with him, but he left without us, and according to the folks in Milnheim, he left there this morning. We thought he might have come this way."

OOC: Depending on the response, Kugald will also head down to the docks:

"Thorin, would you mind watching the horses?"

Kugald heads down to the docks, he looks for someone who has been around most of the day. He spots an older man who is repairing nets.

"Good sir, I'm looking for my friend, Reike Gerherbt." Kugald repeats his description. "I was wondering if he might have hired a boat to take him up or across the lake or down river. Have you seen anyone like that today?"

Depending on the response, Kugald will rendez-vous with Thorin back in the square.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Thorin will groom the horses, while Kugald checks out the docks.
He will also casually observe the villagers, looking for signs that may indicate something may be out of place.
Anything unusual?

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:53 am

Thorin takes care of the horses and sits back and watches the thran. All seems normal, there does not appear to be anything sinister or abnormal about the thrans activities.

Kugald approaches the older woman and asks his questions. The woman says that apart from a few trips away from her spinning wheel she has been here most of the day and has not seen anyone matching the description of this Gerherbt. Kugald then makes his way to the docks, a small wharf juts out into the river slightly. The man repairing nets says that although he has not been here long as he has just returned, he has not seen anyone matching the description of the Gerherbt. Nor can he confirm whether anyone matching his description hired any boat. Although he is fairly confident that all the fishing fleet were at sea today. His crew are now taking the days catch to be prepared. That is why he is here alone.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:30 am

"Well Thorin, I see three possibilities. One, Reike didn't come this way and we have lost him again. Two, he went around the village, cross-country, so as not to be seen. Three, he did come this way, but somehow the locals missed him."

"Given the lack of evidence, I suggest we assume he bypassed the village to hide his trail. I think we should continue to ride south in hopes of catching him."

"What do you think?"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:31 am

Thorin is non-committal, so Kugald decides that they will press on.

"Goodwife," looking at the old lady he had spoken to, "several more of my friends are following on foot, led by a fellow named Algared. Can you please tell them that we have pressed on for Genij in hopes of catching up with Reike Gerherbt."

Kugald and Thorin mount up.

"I hope my hunch is right, otherwise, we will have missed him again."

The two ride for Genij at the best speed they can without stressing the horses.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:57 am

After spending nearly 1/8 of a watch in Burnstad you mount up and continue south spurring your horses on towards Genij. You have travelled only a short distance before the farming land gives way to a forested road.

You slow your horses down and continue on at a walk, unsure of the conditions or the road upon which you travel. The sun filters through the canopy of the trees. Light and shadow play upon your eyes as your horses walk through the forest.

Arriving in the small thran of Genij you see it consists of about a dozen clanhouses and with a few more outbuildings. There is no dock but in it's stead is a gravel beach, upon which stands several small fishing boats. It would appear that the fleet has returned from the days fishing.

There is a little more than a 1/4 watch left before twilight by the time you arrive.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Again, Kugald dismounts and scans the thran. You look for someplace we could stay tonight.

TTYL

- Kerry

Last edited by GM on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited by GM)
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:32 pm

This time of day you find that the thran is quite busy, everyone is preparing for the evening and the end of the days work.

You are unable to find an older lady to ask anything of, selecting a better looking clanhouse you make your way to the door and knock. The door opens and before you stands a man in his late twenties "Can I help you?" the man asks...

You inform the man of your journey today and of the man you seek, he informs you that he has not seen anyone matching that description at all today, but for most of the day he was out fishing. He calls for someone called 'Faarul' a young boy in his late teens appears at the door the man instructs him to take care of the horses for you, Faarul leads the horses away as the other man stays with you.

He introduces himself as Terrai, he invites you into the thran where you can sit and warm yourselves by the hearth fire, seated around the fire are the rest of the family. He asks them if they have seen the man you are after. They all shake their head - he has not been seen by anyone here.

"Why do you search for him" Terrai asks. A while later the lad Faarul re-enters the clanhouse and says "your horses have been taken care of" as he takes a place on the bench near you and the fire.

You are invited to share the evening meal with us, Terrai offers.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:19 pm

GM wrote:
He introduces himself as Terrai, he invites you into the thran where you can sit and warm yourselves by the hearth fire, seated around the fire are the rest of the family. He asks them if they have seen the man you are after. They all shake their head - he has not been seen by anyone here.

"Why do you search for him" Terrai asks. A while later the lad Faarul re-enters the clanhouse and says "your horses have been taken care of" as he takes a place on the bench near you and the fire.

You are invited to share the evening meal with us, Terrai offers.

"Thank you for your kind hospitality."

"Reike is Valhakar for the Gerherbt Clan. The Daas summons all his fighting men to a muster at Ygesdram. This includes Clan Gerherbt. Reike has left Daaslund without explanation or permission of the Jarl. We have been sent to bring him back to explain his actions to the Jarl. He is not an outlaw…yet…but he needs to explain why he leaves and his clansmen don't honour their liege lord's call."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:08 am

You sit around the fire and offer each other news of what has been happening. You are offered a warm and filling pottage of fish and vegetables, even if it is rather bland to the taste.

Later that night you are shown to an out building where you are able to sleep. You are offered pallets of straw to sleep upon.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4