From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Nuzyael 720

+2
Barak Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

10 Nuzyael 720 Empty 10 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:28 am

You are awoken the next morning by a young girl named Miruil. She taps each of you on the foot in turn, as each of you begin to rise the other members of the warband begin to stir and wake. In a few moments you are all up and packing you sleeping gear.

The members of the clanhouse begin to setup for the morning meal, more wood is put on the fire, cooking ingredients are brought out and soon a pleasant aroma begins to waft through the clanhouse. Thurgell invites you all to stay and join them.

As the meal is prepared (it looks to be warm oats) bowls of cold water are brought in from the well and placed on tables for your use.

From the door and windows you can see that a nice day beckons outside. The sky is clear as the sun crests the eastern sky, not a cloud darkens the sky and a slight breeze blows from the south east, the wind has a slight chill in it having blown in from across the moutains, taking a little of the bite out of the sun.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

10 Nuzyael 720 Empty Re: 10 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:38 am

Over his bowl of warm oats, Barak asks Kugald, "Is it worth me staying in this thran whilst you go back to Ygesdram? I could do a little hunting from here and keep a watch. With some fresh meat I'd be able to repay our hosts generosity. Or do you think our search is now completely dead, and it best for me to return with you?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:02 am

Algared wakes and using the water provided washes and grooms himself ready for the day ahead.

He looks to the day outside and smiles maybe this day will bring a favourable change to their lot. More likely we'll be out of the frying pan and into the fire, why should this day be different from any other eh? Algared thinks to himself.

As they break their fast Algared listens as Barak aises his suggestion, it has merit though given their Jarl's desire for them to return to two days ago Algared imagines it may be unwise.

As he finishes the meal Algared will join in the mornings conversation about the table. When the time comes to rise and prepare to depart Algared thanks Thurgell deeply for the hospitality of the Clan.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:23 am

Barak wrote:
"Is it worth me staying in this thran whilst you go back to Ygesdram? I could do a little hunting from here and keep a watch. With some fresh meat I'd be able to repay our hosts generosity. Or do you think our search is now completely dead, and it best for me to return with you?"

"No, the Daas summons us. It is best if we all stay together. Since Reike's trail has gone cold, the Daas may have some other mission for us."

After breakfast, Kugald thanks Thurgell for his hospitality, "again," he notes ruefully. He packs up his gear and loads the excess onto the horse, taking packs from the others and loading them on too.

"We best be off. Farewell friends," he says to the Rojanstad Daas.

Once everyone is ready, they head off north, up the road to Ygesdram. Just in case, Kugald keeps his spear in hand and ready, and watches the Gerherbt clanhouses closely as they pass them. Once out of the village, he remains vigilant in case of an ambush.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:39 am

Leaving the thran you cast a wary eye towards the Gerherbt clanhouse to the west of the trail, all appears to be quite normal, men are working around the clanhouse tending their animals and the like.

Following the trail north you crest a small rise and then follow the trail back done a slight descent leaving the thran of Rojanstad behind you.

The weather is good as you make your return journey to Ygesdram, it might be the mood amongst the warband that affects everyones mood.

You continue your march north wary for a possible ambush - it does not occur.

You pass through the thrans of Dalasjo and Namjen as well as a few smaller thrans before you gain your first vantage of the thran of Ygesdram. From some distance to the south you are caught by surprise at the sight of this now teaming thran. Tents have been erected everywhere you look.

The muster would be very nearly complete with only a few late comers to arrive. You pass along the trail continuing north.
Men have been assembled into their clans. You march through areas where men from clans Rojan and Trens have assembled. You pass without incident and enter the thran proper when you see that there must be over a thousand warriors assembled in Ygesdram at the moment...
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:49 am

"Pardon me, Kugald, but I have a quick task to perform before I face Cunate Daas. A few minutes at Hervold's will suffice."

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:07 am

Kugald rolls his eyes.

"Alright, but be quick about it, the Daas will not wait. Thorin, you're with Hovik. He doesn't leave your sight. Oh, and just to be safe, I think it is best if you leave the Tejaal's scroll with Jurri." His grim features make it clear, these are not requests.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:34 am

Hovik shakes his head at Kugald's obtuseness. The oaf can't seem to wrap his head around the idea that Hovik brought forth the scroll in the first place. Oh, well. No time to argue.

At Hervold's he has a few brief words with the master about the condition of the patients. Then he breathlessly asks for a piece of parchment. If none is forthcoming then he'll steal a page from his own book - he winces at the thought.

A deft flick of a knife sharpens the quill, and after a few daubs of ink Hovik has written his missive. He blows dry the ink, rolls it up, and says to Thorin, "Let's go."

When again in the company of the warband, he asks for the scroll to be returned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:10 pm

[OoC: I presume we all take the opportunity, like Hovik, to dump our travelling gear and smartening up as best we can in a limited time, before heading of to the thranhold hall. Barak certainly isn't planning to appear with his weapons and shield, and if he has time he'll change it to his best tunic and put on a clean cloak]

When Barak is back with the group, he turns to Algarad, gives him a broad smile and slaps him (in a friendly manner) on the back "Cousin, how remiss of me: it is your birthday today. You must join us in the meadhall tonight to have a pint of ale to celebrate your achievement of managing to live yet another year."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:05 pm

On Hovik and Thorin's return, Kugald leads the warband up the hill to the thran. When they reach the courtyard, they tie up the horses.

Kugald draws up a bucket of water from the well. He hangs his shield, half-helm and spear on his horse. He dunks his head in the bucket, drags a rag out of his saddle bag to dry his hair, and then fishes his comb out of his bag and combs his hair. He does his best to brush the dust from the last few days travelling off his clothes.

He gives everyone a few minutes to clean up.

"Stack your spears, shields and bows with the horses. The huscarls will watch them."

Under his breath, Kugald whispers a quick prayer to Sarajin for courage.

"Hovik, and this goes for the rest of you for that matter, for Sarajin's sake, keep quiet until asked a direct question. Answer the question and then STOP. I have a feeling the Daas is going to be PISSED. It is best if we just accept our lumps, nod our head and say 'Yes, sir' a lot."

He looks around to see if anyone else has anything to say before they go in. After everyone has said their peace, the band heads over to the entrance to the main hall. Kugald speaks to the huscarls.

"We have returned as the Daas commanded. We have a letter from the Tejaal he should see immediately."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:00 pm

"Relax, Kugald. I told you last night, I've been here before. I already told the Daas that the failure is entirely on me. You just have to nod up and down and not give him any reason to believe otherwise. If I'm right about he contents of this scroll, you would do well to disavow me."

Hovik holds the two scrolls tightly. There are two main possibilities for the contents of the scroll, and the more likely message will mean disaster for Hovik. But he has no regrets - if Hovik had been right about the Tejaal he'd be a hero today. All the evidence pointed to it - Gerherbt's flight to Miln, the behavior of the Miln valhakar, the longstanding grudge between Tejaal and Daas. But . . . that wasn't the way the game played out.

But the game is not quite done. Not all the players have moved, there are pieces still on the board. And as long as there are players, the game is never over.

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:45 pm

Barak has nothing to say; but raises a eyebrow at Hovik's speach.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:13 pm

Hovik wrote:
"Relax, Kugald. I told you last night, I've been here before. I already told the Daas that the failure is entirely on me. You just have to nod up and down and not give him any reason to believe otherwise. If I'm right about he contents of this scroll, you would do well to disavow me."

Without any warning what so ever, Kugald punches Hovik right in the face (Unarmed ML 68, plus surprise).

He flexes his arms over his head.

"Ahhh.... I feel much more relaxed now."

He leans over Hovik, grabs him by the collar, pulls him up to his feet and looks him straight in the eye.

"And if you EVER tell me to 'relax' and 'nod up and down' again, I will take your head clear off. So keep your trap shut and speak only when spoken to."

He hands Hovik a rag.

"Oh, and by the way, the bleeding nose and black eye make my 'disavowal' so much more believeable."

The weaponcrafter turns and walks towards the great hall.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:01 am

The other people standing around the thran yard turn when they hear the punch land, the blows catches Hovik on the already injured left eye, Hovik staggers from the blow and falls to one knee.

Several people begin to come over to assist but once they see the fight is over they stop and return to whatever it was they were doing before the punch was thrown.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:09 am

As you approach the greathall the chamberlain approaches. He casts a qucik eye over your appearance and says "Kugald, it is good to see that you are all safe and well" he raises an eye brow at Hovik, then taking you by the shoulder he leads you away from the greathall adding "the Jarl is most disappointed and it would do you and your friends" as he waves his hand to the other members of the warband "no service to present yourself to the Jarl looking as you do, he is not ready to see you now, so take the time to wash off the dust and mud and I will have someone fetch you from the meadhall when the Jarl is ready for you"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:23 am

Barak is happy to be lead out of the hall. "Algarad" he says "It sounds like we'll be able to celibrate your birthday earlier and I anticipated. See you at the meadhall."

He collects his gear and weapons and heads to the meadhall, where he dumps his stuff in his area, washes the worse of the detritus of travel, combs his hair and beard, and changes in to his best tunic and best belt. He decides on which cloak is best (old but clean, versus new but filthy) and puts it on. He then heads to the common area and orders a pint of small ale and waits for his companions to arrive. He intends to drink only that one ale before being summoned to the Jarl; he dosn't want to embarass himself. He mentally decides what he is going to say, and decides to take Kugald's advice and say as little as possible. He'll let Kugald and Hovik fight it out between them.

[OoC: What time of day is it?]

Last edited by Barak Daas on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:24 am

"Thank you, sir. I thought it best to present ourselves immediately, just in case he wanted to see us urgently, however, if he is busy, then I appreciate the time to clean up."

He bows and returns to the group.

"The Jarl is not ready to see us. The chamberlain says we have time to get cleaned up. Grab your gear and go wash up and change into a clean tunic if you have one, or at least give the one you are wearing a good shake out."

He waves off the group.

"Right, see you in a half a watch. Hovik, wait. Thorin, a moment..."

He takes Thorin aside. "Stay with Hovik, and for Sarajin's sake, keep a close eye on the Tejaal's scroll. We don't need anything else to happen this day."

After Thorin and Hovik leave, Kugald takes Gauk to the stables. He unloads him, removes and cleans the tack, and gives the horse a wipe down and some grain before heading back to his father's house.

"Mother, I am home! I am dirty and foot sore. I need a clean tunic and something to eat....oh, and I love you...do you have any biscuits ready?...oh, and a bit of ale?"

Kugald answers some of the basic questions of where he has been, but he keeps the details of their mission...and failure...to himself. He undresses, washes and puts on a clean tunic. He cleans and oils his weapons. He fastens a belt around his waist, but only attaches the sheathed dagger.

He has something to eat and stretches out to relax for a few minutes.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:30 am

'Half a watch', Barak muses to himself, 'It is going to be a long wait'. He hopes the Jarl is planning on waiting that long too.

Whilst wasting time waiting, his mind turns to other things and he starts to look around to see if Gelda is working the common room now.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:32 am

Barak Daas wrote:[OoC: What time of day is it?]

It is still early to mid morning...

Gelda is not to be seen at the moment, the meadhall is quiet at this time of the day and she is normally tending to other tasks for her boss. There is only Shella Anders working in the meadhall this morning.

There will be plenty of time for celebrating Very Happy

Last edited by GM on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:38 am

Borygg goes to his bunk at the temple, stashes his gear, washes up, and tries to get somewhat presentable. He then joins Barak and any others in the mead hall.

Last edited by Borygg Raal on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:52 am

Jurri will store his weapons and armor, clean up, and don fresh clothing (I assume he has at least a nicer quality tunic for performances at the Daas' hall). Once he's done that, he'll make his way to the meadhall, chatting with folk along the way, observing the military build-up, and generally catching up on news (Awareness ML75, Intrigue ML48). Once at the meadhall, he'll look for other members of the band and join them. If he's made aware of Algared's birthday, he'll help honor it in verse:

Birthdays come but once a year
Marking time as Death draws near
May your skills with spear and axe
Exceed your deeds with sheep and yaks
This one lesson you must learn
First you pillage, THEN you burn.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:14 am

Hovik finds a sunny spot on the south wall of the meadhall or other convenient building and he lays out for a nap.

"Sorry, Thorin. I've got little to celebrate, and I'm more than a little tired. In the last three days I've ran five leagues, was beaten into senselessness, got browbeaten by a preening ass, and just got cockpunched by that same ass. In half a watch I will hand to Cunate Daas a document which a sixer says I should be hung."

"Worst of all, what is best for Cunate Daas is what is worst for Hovik Helgelen. He would be wisest to conclude that I am an Ibanvaal spy. No one will question his decision. All blame for what has happened is taken away from his beloved cousins and placed on me. The loss of Rieke Gerherbt is forgotten in the joy of capturing me. He loses no man from the muster, and makes an example for any who might consider betraying him."

"Now if I'm going to hang, I wish to be rested. It's a very important occasion, you see, and a man should be at his best."

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:36 am

Algared returns to his father's house, and greats his mothr and sister. As they ask about his travels and ply him with a some ale and dried fruiits and cheese, he tells what he can without revealing deatails of their failure and humiliation but also explains he will need to be presented to the Daas soon as the warband make their report.

He places his belongs down and stips off his tunic before going outside to wash the grime and dirt of travel from away, before trimming his beard. Going back inside he dries and then put's on his best tunic and leggings tying clean wickelbanding around his calfs. He looks at his shoes and polishes them with a old cloth. He wears the broadsword finally dons his wollen cloak and fastens it with his cloak pin. Then asks if he looks presentable. his question draws a mocking scoff from his fathers first wife some things never change, but his sister nods her approaval, and his mother says, "If it is the best you can do, there nothing else you can do."

Kissing his mother and sister he begs forgiveness and departs heading towards the meadhall to await the Daas' summons.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:30 am

Once you have gathered at the meadhall you spend over 1/2 a watch waiting to be called. The mood remains very sombre while you wait.

Soon a man perhaps a few years older than you enters the meadhall "the Jarl is ready to see you all now" he says. You gather together and collect Hovik from outside and make your way up the hill and into the thran holding.

The two huscarls standing guard watch you as you pass and nod their heads in greeting.

You are shown into the greathall where the Daas sits in his chair, his chamberlain, Thaldirs and Tersi Trilsten are also assembled in the hall.

There mood within the hall does not seem to be all that good.

You are shown into the hall by one of the Jarl's staff.....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:30 am

Kugald kneels on one knee in front of the Jarl and waits to be acknowledged.

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next